Stess relief. . .how do you do it?

Started by ShrowdedPoet, June 26, 2008, 09:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrowdedPoet

Ok, we all have stress and we all have our own ways of relieving it. . .so. . .what's yours.  I'll go first.

I like to drive really fast with all the windows down blaring incredibly loud angry death metal music. . .always makes me feel better.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Ket

Bubblegum dance and Europop! 
And if that doesn't work....I head on to things that can't be discussed in a PG-13 thread...
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Caeli

Tennis, swimming, and running.

If I can't do those... playing video games that let me hit things. :]
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Greenthorn

I honestly just escape in my own mind.  The more stressed I am..the quieter I get...but also, the more productive I get...I welcome stress!

Kalen

I write to relieve stress. 

As I'm here a lot, I must be a very stressed person.

Brandon

Theres a way to relieve stress?

Acctually I just tend to talk to someone I trust about whatever's bugging me. If that doesnt work its usually a problem that wont be solved at all. I also find that writing or video games help
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Trieste

Depends on the kind of stress... but for the most part, I stick to physical activity and loud music... anything with a beat and some energy. Aqua, Black Eyed Peas, techno remixes of various things (I have a bunch), VAST, ThouShaltNot... and I run, I jog, I swim, and I ... *looks around guiltily* do Tae Bo. Punching the living hell out of air-people is pretty cathartic, so even though people tend to look at me weirdly, I'm not likely to give it up. ^_^

Xillen

Watching something. A movie, some anime, etc... Since I don't have any influence in it, not even it's speed (which would be different from reading a book/comics) my mind can't do anything and will eventually calm down.

Lithos

I have two major things that help usually. First one is to have a jog, the longer and harder the better

Second is the non PG things in more affectionate / sappy way than usual x.x
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Maeven

Quote from: Lithos on June 26, 2008, 01:52:08 PM
First one is to have a jog, the longer and harder the better

Running. Yep.  And for me, the hotter and stickier the better. Always clears my head. 

Also... sitting outside on the deck, sipping a beer and throwing a tennis ball for the dogs.  It just doesn't get much better than that. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Cutter

I relieve stress by violating certain civil liberties..................

WEll, not really. Only on the most egregious offending  miscreants.

I go to the gym. Get lost in my routine.

And to echo Maven, a cold beer on the back deck while enjoying the tang of a bay breeze melts away the tensions of Life.

I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0

ShrowdedPoet

Ah yes, so many good ways to relieve stress.  I have done most of them often enough as well.  Though when I'm stressed I do perfer my non-PG13 stuff to be rough and hard instead of sappy and affectionate.
Ons and Offs

Sherona

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on June 26, 2008, 03:19:11 PM
Ah yes, so many good ways to relieve stress.  I have done most of them often enough as well.  Though when I'm stressed I do perfer my non-PG13 stuff to be rough and hard instead of sappy and affectionate.

Me too. when I am particularly stressed out I do not play on any of my light games, or even medium. THe only games tht tend to get love from me when I am stressed is my extreme games.....lovely stress relievers.

Lithos

QuoteThough when I'm stressed I do perfer my non-PG13 stuff to be rough and hard instead of sappy and affectionate.

From most friends and my SO, and most here it seems that most are that way, I am kind of opposite, not sure why. For me it works that way, usually get it away just by running, and if not then feeling really comfy and nice works guaranteed. I am not really badly stressed very often to begin with though.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

ShrowdedPoet

Ons and Offs

Gathering Wilderness

Music: On
Volume: A soothing fourteen trillion decibels
Hair: Down
Neck Injury: Imminent

The Overlord

This thread makes me think of a quote that I see on a coffee mug or T-shirt every so often. "Stress; the confusion caused when the mind overrides the body's urge to choke the living shit out of some asshole that desperately needs it."

In that regard my methods, in no set order-

1) Gaming; shooting, killing and nuking as many online targets as possible. Psychologically suppresses the urge to do it in rl.

2) Timetables and detailed plans on dishing back stress and duress on the parties that caused it to me. Even if I don't actually deliver on 95% of it, but this is where #1 becomes even more crucial.

3) Spending time alone, where I don't risk dragging others into that dark stormloud over my head and killing their mood as well. Sometime I lose myself in the virtual online, other times in the natural (a walk in the woods seems to reclaim my energy).

OldSchoolGamer

For me, a simple walk does wonders.  Gives me a chance to get away from people (I leave my cell phone behind).  Of course, here in the Central Valley of California, the heat starts to build in late May, and by July is simply abominable.   Walking is a chancy proposition until the last week or two of September.  All this week we'll be over 100 Fahrenheit in the afternoon.

If I can't walk, some computer games soothe my nerves, as does meditation.

Psi

For me my big stress relief is grabbing a nice book of the shelf, or firing up my VM to run an eBook while having a nice glass or two of red wine...   (ok... or three or for)

Its rare when I get to the point of needing to relief stress as I am always reading which helps to get rid of the stress if its building up bit by bit.
Of course there are the other more energetic ways to relieve stress too :p

HairyHeretic

Conquering the world / universe from the comfort of my PC :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Sabby

Gaming. Nothing like busting a bums teeth out with a pipe to get your stress levels down.

The Lotus Eater

1 - Practice martial arts
2 - LOUD and BROOTAL music
3 - RUDE THINGS
4 - BOOZE
5 - The power of the mind
~~~

HairyHeretic

Quote from: The Lotus Eater on July 08, 2008, 08:55:52 AM
1 - Practice martial arts

True. If you've had a rough day, tossing someone around on the mats for an hour or two does work wonders.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Rhapsody

Housework.

Nothing like slamming around brooms and scrubbing the bejesus out of dishes to work out your frustrations.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

The Overlord

Quote from: Sabbat on July 08, 2008, 01:12:42 AM
Gaming. Nothing like busting a bums teeth out with a pipe to get your stress levels down.

Yeah but busting up a wine-sodden destitute on a street corner isn't much a challenge, it's good to have a risk factor with enemies that are actively trying to kill you. A bum might get my sympathy vote; gang bangers, orcs, or a squad of Stormtroopers never would. Nothing like return fire whizzing past your head to get you into a full-tilt burn. I like to MMO including Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies...this is the perfect time to load up the wizard or the Jedi, whip out the spell tome or lightsaber and go absolutely batshit medieval fucking loco on something. Works wonders for stress.  ;D