Going out on a limb, here...

Started by Jeramiahh, February 26, 2008, 01:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeramiahh

As many of you know, I'm rather strange. I draw inspiration and ideas from everywhere, from everything I do. So, naturally, when I'm taking an improvisation class, I'm going to pluck an idea or two from there.

So, my latest idea comes to me from a storytelling game we played. As soon as I heard of it, my first thought was, 'Hey, this'd work really, really well on Elliquiy." So, surprise of surprises, here I am, throwing myself to the wolves once more, and creating a new game idea.

The idea's rather simple: I don't come up with an idea. We do. Effectively, this would be a game of round-robin story-telling... we gather together a group of players, who take turns adding to the story. No pre-set plot, no pre-set characters... just whatever anyone feels like adding.

Of course, there'd be rules and guidelines; not just anyone can step in and post! We'd agree, beforehand, to some basic guidelines and rules for the game; sexual level/content, general setting of the story, personalities of characters... just to maintain consistency. If a new player felt like joining, they'd have to agree to be bound by the same guidelines... but outside that, it could lead to a very wide-sweeping, fascinating story.

I'll admit, it's mostly an experiment. The story we told in class started fairly well, and the ending tied it all together... but some people decided to steal the story, and throw any semblance of a plot to the wind, though, overall, the good 'writers' outnumbered the bad, and the story was quite solid. I'd love to see something like that with the quality of writers we have here on E... I know this will, if nothing else, prove interesting.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Sugarman (hal)

I like it... court me in. Any basic guide lines? Length  of posts or open ended ideas?
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Question Mark

I'm expressing my sincere interest.  I'd write more, but I'm dozing off at the moment.  Curse you, early morning!

Jeramiahh

Glad to finally hear some interest in this! I was a little worried, for a while...

No, I didn't really have any specifics in mind; it's just an unusual idea, a different way of examining the media, that I wanted to explore. Nothing set in stone, because I want to leave as few rules as possible predetermined, instead allowing us, as a group, to come up with the rules and guidelines for it.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.