News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Link Posts within a Thread?

Started by finewine, February 22, 2015, 04:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finewine

Good evening!

Is there a way to directly link to a post in a thread without having a reader view the whole thread to find the post?
For example:
I want to highlight Vekseid's post on the meaning of Elliquiy without having to read the other posts on the meaning of Elliquiy in the thread.

In another forum website of which I've been a member,  one can click on the post number and a window would pop up with the address to that post which the viewer could copy and paste in another post on the forum to direct the readers to that specific post.

I am familiar with coding for urls of websites, but what is the coding for a particular post within the thread of a particular forum?

Any guidance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Heart smiles,
FW

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
"There is always some madness in love,
 but also some reason in madness...
That which is done out of love
takes place beyond good and evil."
 -Friedrich Nietzsche
[/td][/tr][/table]

Bloodied Porcelain

Right-click the title of that specific post and select copy url, and it will give you a direct link to the individual post. People will be able to see the rest of the thread, of course, but it will take them directly to the one you have in mind. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Oreo

Like this: Vekseid's view on Elliquiy

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=207762.msg10196814#msg10196814]Vekseid's view on Elliquiy[/url]

You can also click on the header of that particular post, and the link you need will show up in your URL window.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

finewine

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
"There is always some madness in love,
 but also some reason in madness...
That which is done out of love
takes place beyond good and evil."