News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

I am ashamed...

Started by WarDragon, April 24, 2006, 12:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

I'm going to be honest, my family were actors. The most excitement my family had for the last century relating to other countries was when my grandmother miraculously walked through a hundred feet of mine-field, and a soldier then popped out of camoflauge to warned her, and helped her back to her hotel.

That's pretty intense, Natalie- But to be honest, the vast majority of people are like that. Sheep, willing to do what they're told in the hopes that things will turn out alright. It's a very difficult instinct to ignore.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Swedish Steel

One lucky lady, your grandma. Where and when did this happen?
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Jefepato

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on April 25, 2006, 03:42:00 PM
Those victims disgust me every one that died without taking a German with them spat on the Jews that came before them. Even women and children could take attacks to let the men kill some Germans. Its better than dying without honor or hope.

When it comes down to a choice between dying on your feet and dying on your knees, you've already missed your chance for anything resembling honor or hope.  (Also, I love how you talk about women as though they're somehow unable to kill Germans themselves.)

In fact I met a man who watched Germans kill his son- and I literally spat on the ground at the coward what father could do that. Even if he and his wife died it would have been better than watching their son die without any sort of resistance. Cowardly trash!

Why should he die for someone else?  What makes his son's life more valuable than his -- especially when interfering would probably have gotten all three of them killed?

And don't put us in the same boat as the Japanese it was war but they were fed, given shelter and medical care. It was war the United States had some cause but what did my people do to deserve what they did to us. Americans didn't put Japanese into ovens!

"It was war?"  That justifies nothing at all.  The majority of Japanese-Americans interned were loyal to the US, and the internment was as much motivated by pre-existing racism as by the actual war.  (And it's true that the Japanese internment wasn't nearly as bad as what was done to the Jews, but it was worse than you seem to think.)

Not everyone has it in them to stand up and fight.  Should they?  Perhaps, but who are you to judge?  Your family may have done fine things, but you weren't there, and it takes a lot less courage to call the dead cowards than to step up where they didn't.

Elvi

Just a warning both to Natalie and Jefepato.

Keep it cool please.

I would also ask that you stay on topic, though threads like this do stray a little, giving opinions that will and do, not only upset, but may insight are neither wanted not are helpful.

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Jefepato

No worries, Elvi.  I'm done here.

Natalie C. Barney

"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~