Marvel Cinematic Universe: Metahuman (Recruitment Closed!)

Started by MaiMizzu, March 01, 2015, 10:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

6 months have passed since the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. (the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier). Agent Coulson’s group is still in hiding, rebuilding S.H.I.E.L.D., the group known as the Avengers have been spending time searching out remnants of Hydra and their remaining allies. But now a new wild card has been thrown into the mix: Mutants.

All over the world ordinary people are exhibiting fantastic… and frightening… powers. The public for the most part is scared, scared of what this means for humanity. They have witnessed the horror of alien invasion, it nearly wiped New York off the face of the Earth. And now some see mutants as a rising threat, and one that must be dealt with swiftly.

The federal government approaches Dr. Hank Pym, hoping he would be able to provide help. And he does… in the form of an advanced artificial intelligence which he code names… Ultron. Ultron acts as security for some federal facilities, and then Dr. Pym and Ultron are given full rein by the government to act as watchdogs.. something they felt S.H.I.E.L.D. should have been…

Ultron begins work on a means to better safeguard humanity from what he sees as its greatest threat. Ultron creates the Sentinels.. giant robotic sentries programmed to combat the threats the government deems so. But Ultron’s motivations go far deeper than that….

This is a going to be a relatively small game, we’re going to want 5 additional players (in addition to myself and Apygoos). And each player can take 2 characters. It’s first come, first serve. You can pick practically any character, keeping in mind this is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The movies and television shows we count amongst that is as follows: All 3 Iron Man movies, both Thor and Captain America movies, Avengers, The Incredible Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter. You can pick characters from any of those, as well as additional characters from the Marvel Universe. Also please keep in mind... you should be able to make posts of perhaps 1 or 2 paragraphs at least twice a week. We want this to be a good, long term story. We consider this the first arc of a good RP.

Players and Characters:
MaiMizzu – Jean Grey, Bruce Banner
Apygoos – Steve Rogers, Peter Parker
Zergmuncher – Tony  Stark

[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b] 
[b]Code Name (If Applicable): [/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Abilities/Powers: [/b]
[b]Brief Bio:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Sinestra

Trying to create an MCU version of a character is actually kind of interesting, since they're a bit more grounded in possibility. Well, as close as comic level weirdness can be.

Player Name: Sinestra
Character Name: Carol Danvers
Code Name (If Applicable): Captain Marvel
Abilities/Powers: TBD (likely identical to comics however)
Brief Bio: A former Air Force captain who was invited to join SHIELD after particularly impressing one Nick Fury, Carol Danvers lived the remarkable life of a spy for several years until she was gravely injured and placed in a coma while piloting an extraction for one especially sensitive mission. Kept on life support for nearly a year with little improvement, her outlook for recovery seemed bleak. That was until the beginning of the T.A.H.I.T.I. program.

With little hope for recovery, and numerous scientific questions looming, a large sample of the blood drawn from the then-unknown alien was given to her, a transfusion performed at the direction of Director Fury. Little more than a test subject, Carol lay still as the blood of blue-giant settled into her system and almost immediately took hold. Carol had always been smart, athletic and quick thinking but few could anticipate that in the Age of Wonders those gifts would show themselves to be the result of latent mutation. As the disabled Air Force captain lay, her blossoming mutant genes mixed with the experimental blood in the most marvelous way.

Recovering in moments what was expected to never heal, Carol regained consciousness and was almost immediately subjected to an endless barrage of tests as the first test subject of The T.A.H.I.T.I. Project. It was here she began to learn and experiment with the extent of the changes affecting her. Progress was slow at first, but once her abilities began to flourish she was transferred to an official SHIELD science-site, but when Hydra's coup saw her facility erupt in violence, she fought her way to freedom with stress-unlocked abilities she could never imagine. Escaping to freedom she disappeared, hiding from the world. Watching from hiding as the events of New York's invasion occured, Carol decided that having her abilities and not using them, like the Avengers, would be selfish and against the values she treasured. Putting on an old and ornate flight suit she still had from years prior, she set out to find Tony Stark, for no other reason than he would be the easiest to find...

Appearance:
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

MaiMizzu

Player Name: MiaMizzu
Character Name:  Jean Grey
Code Name (If Applicable): N/A
Abilities/Powers: Telepathy/Telekinesis
Brief Bio: Up until a year or so ago, Jean’s life was rather ordinary.  She has a loving family, does very well in school, is one of the ‘popular’ kids. But then a year ago, she started to hear voices in her head. Voices that weren’t hers. At first she just dealt with it, but then it started to get overwhelming. Her parents admitted her to a ‘wellness center’, in the hopes they could help her. Thus far she has made slight progress, thanks to a sympathetic doctor that realizes she is telepathic..
Appearance:

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

MaiMizzu

Player Name: MiaMizzu
Character Name:  Dr. bruce Banner
Code Name (If Applicable): Hulk
Abilities/Powers: Genius level intellect, transformation
Brief Bio: Everyone knows how he came to be what he is... but now, he lives in what's known as 'Avengers Tower', having an apartment there. He works in a private lab set up by Tony Stark.
Appearance:

Green Goo Theory

What are the thoughts on Beta Ray Bill....? 
Coming soon...

apygoos

We would be interested to see an attempt at integrating him into this adaptation of the MCU. He would be tricky methinks, but not impossible

Mathim

As his name was dropped in TWS and his movie (and actor) have already been scheduled, I'd love to step into the shoes of Doctor Strange. I can also double up and play a mutant if you'd like. Let me know if that's okay.

Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Green Goo Theory

I think Bill in the MCU would at least need to run for a while without Stormbreaker.  Plenty of alien-themed stuff to push him around.  The problem is that he's there to defend his sleeping race.  Unless it's towers the opposite end and he's looking for his missing brethren....

This is the kind of thing that needs a bit of planning. 
Coming soon...

vatovie

What would you say to a Darwin? He is unkillable but he isn't at all a powerhouse in combat. So he can go toe to toe with anyone and while he won't ever truly loose winning isn't very easy.

apygoos

vatovie

Player Name: Vatovie
Character Name:  Armando Muñoz
Code Name (If Applicable): Darwin
Abilities/Powers: Adapt to survive. This means he can not die and has truly stopped aging physically. His powers will also help him to thrive in his environment. Things like night vision and even learning languages
Brief Bio: Darwin lived a nice normal life and continued it when he got his powers.  He got them around adulthood and simply tried to ignore it.  It didn't get in the way of his life much.  But with heroes becoming public like Ironman and eventually coming together to save earth Darwin can't help but feel bad about not using his powers for anything.  So he's tracking down Ironman to ask if he can help.  He thought about trying to talk to S.H.E.I.L.D but realized that they were more likely to try to figure out where his powers came from.  They might effectivly make him disappear so they could study him.  He wanted to be a hero not an experiment so he's looking for Ironman. 
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Green Goo Theory

As long as this Darwin doesn't die in such a BS way as he did in the movie to a guy that has absolutely no business being able to kill him. 
Coming soon...

vatovie

Yeah he can survive that shit easily. That exact stuff has happened to him from the same villain.  He becomes energy for a bit and then comes back.  Freaks that mutant out big time. 

JamesSureWould

Oh this looks like a fun game!
Here's my proposal, though I'm open to changes regarding the character.

Player Name: JamesSureWould
Character Name:  Amadeus Cho
Code Name (If Applicable): (These are all names he's given himself. Moestly as hacker handles and forum names) Hypermind/Mastermind/Excello/Quantum
Abilities/Powers: Hyper-Mind. His mind is capable of quantum computing and probability calculations at an incredible rate. This mostly results in pre-cognitive abilities and his eyes being able to see data and possible outcomes as colorful sybmols/numbers/shapes/etc.(See here for a description from the comics. Obviously certain things might change and power levels might be adjusted to transition from comics to this game)
Slight deviation from the comics, as I'm claiming Amadeus developed his powers as a mutation, rather being born with them.

Brief Bio: Amadeus was born to a fairly normal middle class family in Arizona, his parents both being 2nd generation Korean-Americans. His life was normal, almost picturesque, until around his 17th birthday. His father, whose business had apparently been funneling money for HYDRA, and mother were killed in what looked to be a home invasion while Amadeus was out of town on a field trip.

Amadeus tried his best to adapt though, dropping out of high school and working as a computer help technician so that he could support himself and his younger sister. It was a quiet and dull life, only interrupted by painful headaches and brief flashes of light which no doctor could figure out the cause of. After a few months of dealing with the headaches and flashes increasing in frequency to almost daily, and then furhter until the were near constant, there was a bright light and suddenly everything was clear. The headaches were gone, replaced by the sensation of limitless data coursing through his mind. The flashes of light turned into colors, shapes, letters, numbers, symbols, and objects he couldn't come up with words for, all working together to break down everything he saw into it's most fundamental elements and data points in his mind. Suddenly, he could see countless possible outcomes for his every action before they had happened.

And, along with all that, flashes of his past came through. Pieces started falling together and the picture became more clear. It hadn't been a normal home invasion that had killed his parents; It had been Hydra, tying up the loose ends of a buisness deal gone wrong. Armed with that knowledge, Amadeus knew what he had to do. He took his younger sister to live with his aunt, and he sought out the one person who his research had told him could help make sure Hydra was never a threat in the future. Steve Rogers.
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Green Goo Theory

Would you want the non-mutant players to double up with mutants? 
Coming soon...

apygoos

thats all up to you! play what youre ultimately comfortable with

MaiMizzu

Any comments not relating to interest in our game or questions about it shouldn't be posted here.

apygoos

So everyone knows Cap, so i first thought id show everyone here how my rendition of spidey is going to be

Player Name: apygoos
Character Name:  Peter Parker
Code Name (If Applicable): Spider-Man
Abilities/Powers: super spider physiology: peters strength, speed, stamina, durability, endurance, and balance are all at what one would call super human level.
Superhuman reflexes:Peter is able to react to anything near-instantly, this is largely aided by his
Spider sense: though a tingling sensation in the back of his head, Peter can sense oncoming danger.While he cant tell exactly what the danger is, his superhuman reflexes compensate with this, allowing him to be one of the most elusive fighters in New York.
Surface adhesion: Through a subconscious control of kinetics spidey is able to "wall crawl", Able to scale  any surfaces with ease.
Active camoflauge: Peter is able to make himself vanish from sight, but this ability is rarely seen or used
Genius level intellect: Peter Parker is on of the brightest minds of today, this being in part how he was able to design the Web Shooters and the super strong material his webs are made of.

Brief Bio: Peter parker was a brilliant child, though frequently picked on. A schooltrip to oscorp ladned him a spider bite that, simmilar to Bruce Banner, underwent a forced mutation, this one by the super spiders venom, rather than gamma radiation. He found himself with these new powers, though he wasn't sure what exactly he should do with them. That all changed during the battle of New York though. Earths Mightiest Heroes came to the spotlight and center stage during that climactic time, and Peter was witness to the ever famous man out of time, Captain America, the Invincible Iron Man, and the truly Incredible Hulk, all using gifts that the world would've never thought it would see.

It was from then on that Peter vowed to use his gifts to help people. He has since designed a suit to disguise his identity, and spacial "web shooters" he has built himself. He is now a senior in highschool, working a side job to help his Aunt May at the daily Bugle, where as irony would have it, sets him out to take pictures of the "webhead menace" for the paper and its editor, J.J. Jameson
Appearance:

MaiMizzu

A little update:
We have a nice little group thus far! Ideally, we're looking for perhaps 2 more players, so get your apps in! Keep in mind, each player can take up to 2 characters. It will be first come, first serve. We're working on the first posts, so as soon as we fill our player quota, we'll get the story underway!

Players and Characters:
MaiMizzu – Jean Grey, Bruce Banner
Apygoos – Steve Rogers, Peter Parker
Zergmuncher – Tony  Stark
Sinestra - Carol Danvers
vatovie - Armando Muñoz
JamesSureWould - Amadeus Cho

Sinestra

I'm going to assume that the XMen are valid since I see Jean Grey. However what variant of canon are we looking at for the XMen?
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

apygoos

the Xmen would be of a new, unique canon. There is no xaviers school for gifted youngsters, and no one really knows each other. I know our iteration of Jean will have absolutely nothing to do with the phoenix force.
if you roll a mutant, youre coming in knowing that mutants are yet to be, if ever, implimented into the marvel cinematic universe.

MaiMizzu

As laptops said, there is no xmen yet. No Xavier. There COULD be an xmen, depending on how things go. Even thigh Jean is in the rp, she's actually locked up at the moment in a wellness center

Sinestra

Ah, alright. Last night I just had this urge to make Rogue, but then my brain reminded me of whom my first character was and I felt just a little silly. lol

Green Goo Theory

How much of this do you think is going to include aspects of the cosmic adventures?  I.E.  Guardians of the Galaxy, Asgard (outside of Thor on Earth), etc?  I've been fighting with the idea of Bill and trying to get him to fit.  It's just hard for a giant horseman to kind of...blend in.  As much as I love him too I think I'll try thinking of someone else to minimize redundancy with Asgardian empowered hammer wielders. 
Coming soon...

apygoos

i dont see the cosmic universe playing to large of a role here, at least not for a while.
like i said while Beta Ray bill is neat, he would be a tricky one.