Counsellor/Vulcan

Started by Legman, April 18, 2012, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarasnowe

(( I am, you're doing an excellent job ^__^ he's so frustrating, I love it! lol. Gotta say though, to be honest, it would be nice if we could take this elsewhere but the PG13 board is fine for now. fingers crossed for acceptance soon. :P ))
Still trying to figure out how to thread this so here's my Ons & Offs for now --> https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=34316

Legman

*He tilted his head back as she spoke.* "Alright we will try it your way. How should we proceed counsellor?"
-Legman
Legman Looking for Ladies (M for F)
A/A. Updated  April  2021. O/Os

Legman

(Thought you might enjoy him being difficult.   ;D )
-Legman

sarasnowe

((i'm gonna take a quick nap but i'll be back before too long, okay? lol ))
Still trying to figure out how to thread this so here's my Ons & Offs for now --> https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=34316

Legman

Quote from: sarasnowe on April 18, 2012, 08:41:21 PM
((i'm gonna take a quick nap but i'll be back before too long, okay? lol ))

(I'll pop in every 20-30 min to see if your back if I'm not on.)
-Legman

sarasnowe

(( I was gone much longer than anticipated, sorry about that. lol. ))

Autumn smiled, glad that turning off the charm and stating the facts had seemed to work on him. She thought it would after all her usual methods had failed. She let the smile drop, though, before she turned back to him and pulled her plush blue chair from around her desk to sit across from his, lining them up til her knees touched his before crawling up into it and sitting cross-legged. She took his hands into hers, marveling at how much larger they were and had to shake her head a bit to keep her mind from wandering. "You're free to adapt your own methods to these, but just listen to the sound of my voice and let the images come to you. We won't go into full meditation just yet. For now I want to get an idea of your perspective and how your mind works. Okay?"

Legman

(No problem got some reading done)

*He tried to fight his emotions she was touching him yet again. And what was that smell something flowery?  He tried to think back to his meditation class back home.* "go on then."
-Legman

sarasnowe

Autumn ceased spoken word and closed her eyes, shutting them tight and concentrating on projecting her thoughts onto him, her true voice like a river of immaculate silk would be ringing in his head now, telling him the story, "Hello S'Jenes. We are going on a little journey today. We are all packed up for a weekend trip and taking a drive. I won't ruin the surprise of our destination though, you'll just have to come along. The land is whizzing by us outside of the vehicle. In what seems like no time we are there at the edge of a great forest. I take your hand and we begin to walk into the woods, stopping for lunch before pressing onward. Soon we come to a sudden clearing and in this clearing is a house with a fence around the yard. We go inside and walk around this place, looking at all that is inside before deciding to get some sleep before the big day ahead of us. As you sleep you dream of all you have seen today. Let me see what you would be dreaming of?"[/b]

(( this is an old lesson on perspective and imagination/creativity my drama teacher did with us one year in grade school and I still find it interesting. only then, we were all in a circle holding hands and as she read us a much more detailed story and then asked us to draw or describe the house for our homework - who was driving the car, what kind of car were we in, what did we see outside of the car on our way, were the woods cheery and well kept like a national park or scary and dark? was the house abandoned and haunted or like a summer cabin, what sort of fence, etc etc etc. so just every detail of how he pictured the the little story to get an idea of his mental state. you know? ;) ))

Legman

(I will do my best)

*The house was abandoned. . Windows broken, shutters hanging from the windows. The garden choked with weeds. The fence missing pieces stuck out like broken teeth. The floorboards: squeak underfoot. In brief it looked like it had been abandoned 75 years ago.  . Animals making strange noises in the trees. The only light that seeped into his mind was seemingly coming from her... Or at least in the image of her moving beside him in his mind. *
-Legman

sarasnowe

Autumn tried not to let the way he had pictured the house affect her emotionally because that could project back on him if she wasn't careful. But it was quite sad. His house was desolate and in disrepair. It hadn't had a loving hand to take care of it the way it needed to be, tending the yard, mending the fence, cleaning and living in the home. After all, houses were meant to be lived in. Without something there inside of it to keep it going eventually it was going to collapse. She didn't realize until after these thoughts went through her mind that she was still speaking to him telepathically and winced, hoping he wasn't offended by her frank assessment of his mental state. There was something she noticed through all of the despair that his "house" represented; in it with her leading him she seemed to be a source of light and comfort among the ruins. Her heart couldn't help but flutter and she gave his hands a squeeze, saying in his mind, 'I'm going to help you through this. I promise you that."

Legman

Her assessment passed through the link was harsh but he could not fault its accuracy. There was a strange sense of calm. He should be rebelling against this pushing her bodily away. This was wrong.  But at the same time...right. He found his voice* "What is next Autumn?"
-Legman

sarasnowe

Perhaps now that you've been kind enough to allow me to do this exercise with you, you could show me a simplified form of your meditation? I must admit I have always been fascinated with that particular Vulcan ritual and wouldn't mind learning more about it. The more I know about you and your culture, and what you're comfortable with the easier it will be for me to help you. she told him, sad that their link had been broken when he spoke and she let his hands go as she sensed his discomfort. She shifted her legs to sit sideways, probably more proper to sit that way than cross-legged with her thighs wide open in the shorts anyway. She leaned on the arm of the chair and folded her fingers together, waiting with a soft smile playing at her lush lips.

Legman

"It involves the control of all emotion. It is something that we must do otherwise we could find ourselves in a psychotic rage in an instant. I am unsure how this will affect you. Right now you appear to be smiling. You are blinking at an increased rate. You were also playing with your earrings . All of these things are signs of emotion." *Perhaps speaking to this councillor in such a way would make her understand that this was not something to be trifled with.*
-Legman

sarasnowe

Autumn nodded, feeling a sting in his words but knowing their source, "Well, forgive me - but as I'm sure you are aware Betazoids are particularly empathetic and emotional beings. It's hard for me to just turn that off, that's why I asked you to help me understand it more, because it is so hard for me to imagine what it would be like without my little nuances - a cheery smile when I'm trying to encourage someone, rapid eye movement when I'm drifting off or thinking, or even fidgeting with my jewelry when I'm nervous. If you don't wish to share it with me I completely understand. It is very likely something very sacred to you and your people, and I don't want you to think that I'm diminishing it in any way, shape, or form."

Legman

"There are perhaps if you exercise as I could show you" (there is basically no information on the actual mechanics of this that I've ever come across. Shall I BS something?)
-Legman

sarasnowe

((that's fine, or if you want we can just fade away then back in and assume that she was able to do it, whatever you want to do. lol ))

"Alright then, thank you." she said, almost smiling again but getting that twitch of her lips under control and already trying to empty her mind in preparation.

Legman

*the next 90 min were some of the most difficult he  had experienced since his own training 60 years ago. She did have some talent he must admit but far too many emotions that were too much a part of her. Both trying to maintain his own control and get  her to the point where she could start controlling things was nearly impossible.When he opened his eyes he realised he was drenched in sweat from the exertion.* "Well counsellor what did you think of that?*
-Legman

sarasnowe

Autumn finally came to, also exhausted. She had put her hair up in a ponytail before they began so she could resist the urge to fiddle with it but it had gone limp and strands gone frizzy with sweat had come out of it. It was a truly eye opening experience, and yet she didn't know how such a thing could be a way to get rid of her stress. If anything it had taken a real toll on her, and from what she saw of him when her vision cleared he too looked to be at a breaking point, "I think that's a good place to stop for now. Go wash up and I'll finish up some paper work here before I show you to your temporary quarters you've been assigned during our study and assessment of you, okay?" she managed to croak out, standing and running a hand over her hair to smooth it back into place. She stretched the kinks from her lithe limbs, not even caring about the way her clothes hugged her curves as she did so before him. Her toes came up to a point as she stretched her entire body upward, arching her back and closing her eyes, ending with a small sigh at how much better it felt after sitting like she had for as long as she had.

Legman

He watched her body contort like he was seeing her through someone else's eyes. This someone was not interested in how she could help him he'll rather release things that were concealed. He must not! Could not! He stood trying not to show her how much that   cost. She would feel guilty? (was that what it was called?) for that .* "Thank you counsellor by all means to my quarters."
-Legman

sarasnowe

Her superiors had them bunked in adjoining rooms in case of an emergency. She led him to the lift and pressed the button to go down before stepping onto it with him and leading him down the hall the back doors opened onto. He wasn't on the danger list, but even so the door that led between their rooms was locked on her side to where only she could go into his room and not he to hers, for the sake of them having a sound mind just in case heaven forbid he did completely lose it. She didn't want to tell them that if he snapped and wanted to get through that door he very likely could. She opened the door to her room and led him through the front parlor before letting the pad beside of the interior door to his room scan her palm to unlock it and lead him on in. "If you'd like me to, I can come in and check on you before I go to bed once you're washed up and doing whatever you need to before curfew."

Legman

"If you believe such precautions are necessary  then proceed counsellor." * He went through his evening rituals. Just because he was in this medical facility didn't change that. Some person had included candles . He spent several minutes filling the various rooms with their flickering light before instructing the computer to switch ofF the artificial light. He sat on the couch*. (See they are getting longer! :) )
-Legman

sarasnowe

Autumn shrugged and went on to her room to shower and get ready for bed, calling over her shoulder as she left, "If you'll be alright for the night I'll leave you be." and with that she left, seemingly for the night.

(( if you'd like we can end it here and pick up later on if we're approved, or keep going and keep it pg13? =) ))

Legman

Quote from: sarasnowe on April 19, 2012, 04:38:38 AM
(( if you'd like we can end it here and pick up later on if we're approved, or keep going and keep it pg13? =) ))

(Haveing  lot of fun doing it even though it isn't xxx. If you want to. Let's keep going.)
-Legman

sarasnowe

(( k, it's your post. he can ring the alarm that will call her to his room if something is wrong, perhaps? ))

Legman

*He woke up in bed. He decided to perform an experiment on the good counsellor. Did she learn anything about controlling her emotional side? He reached over and activated the alarm next to the bed.*
-Legman