New Dog on the Block (Adrian and Mith)

Started by adriankoll, January 13, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adriankoll

Night had fallen as the wolf nears the edge of town, he shook his shaggy dark grey coat and stretches his muscles, it seemed like he had been running for days. He couldn't hear them behind him anymore, he hoped to loose them in the human city. It had been almost a week since the attack, something that looked human... ish but smelled like a wolf had attacked one of his packmates, and when he went to the defense of his packmember something had happened... It was still fuzzy in his memory, abut when he came to afterwards there was a dead human nearby and his packmate just growled at him. His whole pack had disowned him. They chased him off when he tried to go back to them. He had hid in the woods for a few days. That was when more of the things had come, walking like men, talking like wolves, they used the tactics his pack had used on the hunt, but they made mistakes, like they hadn't been practicing since the were pups. But still they were fast, their bodies changeing from wolf to... something else. They chased him. He ran. He ran as fast as he could, just when he thought he had lost them another would come out of the woods. For days they had chased him, and now, at the edge of  the city, he seemed to have put some distance between himself and them, but in the pit of his stomach he knew they were still coming for him.

He lifted his nose into the wind trying to catch a scent of those who chased him but there was none, just the alien smells from the city, noisy grumblings in the distance, the occasional shriek of some animals he had never heard before. He casts his pale grey eyes behind himself, checking for movement one last time before heading into the city, checking for some hint of those that chased him, expecting one to jump out after him, but there is none. He turns his tail to the forest and heads into the world of the humans, hoping to find food, and a place to sleep for a few days, a place to hide. He heads toward the darker areas, away from the lights that hang from bare tree like things in between the buildings. He catches the smell of food on the wind and he follows it hungrily to a large rusty metal container in a dark corner of an allyway. He looks around his eyes glowing in the low light, his ears flicking about, listening for signs of danger, when he's certain he's not being followed he jumps into the container.

Never in his whole life had he had food so good. How humans could throw out all this wonderfully ripe food he couldn't understand, in the pack the food didn't taste very good until it had set around a few days and by then it was almost gone. Here it was all piled into one place, and delicious. He stuffed himself for what seemed like hours before a clattering noise and some gruff human voices break him from his feeding frenzy. He cautiously lifts his head over the edge of the container. He sees three humans apparently harassing a fourth, smaller one. He pricks his ears up to listen better, and cocks his head to the side and watches in curiosity, thinking to himself, "These  humans sure are strange creature."

Mithlomwen

Veronica sighed in relief as she exited the the side door of the bar, so very thankful that her shift was finally over.  Her feet were killing her having been on them for her whole eight hour shift, and there was a very hot bubble bath calling her name the minute she stepped foot into her apartment.  The only good thing about the night was that she had managed to make nearly her whole weeks wages in tips. 

Taking a deep breath, she breathed in the cool night air, the smell almost sweet compared to the stuffy smoky fog that permeated every corner of the bar. She brushed her long red hair over her shoulder so that it hung down her back, the soft red waves nearly reaching her bra strap.  Her booted heels clicked on the pavement as she walked down the alley, her sparkling green eyes taking in the details of the alley as she walked towards the parking lot to her car.  A dark shape appeared in her line of vision, something that appeared to be a very large dog was rummaging through a trash can, apparently looking for food.  She watched it warily, thinking it awfully big to be just a dog, but maybe it was one of those hybrid things she'd read about. 

Something else drew her attention away from the dog and she found herself face to face with three men, all of whom looked to be up to no good.  Glancing around her she looked for some sort of escape avenue to try and avoid any sort of confrontation, but it was already too late for that.

"Well, well, well."  One of them laughed moving closer to her, reaching a hand out to stroke along her silky ruddy tresses.  "What have we here guys?" 

The tallest of the three chimed in, moving in behind her, his hand coming out to stroke along her cheek and get close to her face, inhaling deeply and then snapping his teeth by her ear, "Looks like we've got us a tasty treat.  One that was just dropped in our lap huh?" 

"Boy I'll say,"  The other man chimed in, the three of them forming sort of a triangle to trap her against the wall behind her. 

Their faces were shadowed, the light shining behind them so Veronica couldn't see any sort of distinguishing features, backing away from them as the three loomed closer to her.  "Please...look....if it's money you want...I've got...just let me get in my pocket and you can have it ok?" 

"Oh no sweets."  The tallest one growled moving even closer, pressing her short frame up against the wall, the rough bricks digging into the flesh of her back.  "We don't want you're money honey."  He laughed motioning with his head to his cohorts.  "We want your honey." 

The other two moved in close to her, their hands reaching out to grab her, one with his hand on her shoulder, the other with his hands around her arms, and the third with his hand wrapped around her neck.  "Nnnnno."  She stammered, terror sinking intot he pit of her belly.  "Please....look, just....just let me go and...and I promise I won't call the cops ok?" 

"She won't call the cops."  They all three laughed at her, the tallest man's hand gripping her throat even tighter.  "Honey, I don't think you are in any position to call the cops.  How about you just be sweet and give us what we want and we won't hurt you?  How does that sound?" 

Green eyes grew wide and she squeaked in alarm, her bottom lip beginning to tremble in fear.  "Please you guys...you don't want to do this ok?  Just let me go please...."  Fear was palpable in her voice, knowing that there wasn't any way she was going to get out of this.   
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

adriankoll

The wolf knew a well practiced hunting tactic when he saw one, he didn't understand why the humans would prey on each other, but when the smell of fear hit his nostrils an anger he had never felt before welled up in him. He didn't remember moving but suddenly he was behind them, they seemed small to him, they had looked much larger from the back of the alley.  He realized he was standing on his hind legs, it seemed so natural all of the sudden. He took a quick look at himself, he towered over the humans, seemingly frozen in the moment, his front paws had changed, similar to a humans but ending in large claws. Not wanting to wait for them to notice him, they were moving so slowly he felt like he had all the time in the world, he stuck his paw through the chest of the nearest flanker, swats at the other, watching the spray of blood hang in the air, and bites down on the leaders head, dragging him back into the darkness of the alley for and shaking him, the sickening snaps of bones echoing down the alley.

Mithlomwen

Veronica squeaked in shock as all three men suddenly disappeared, not having any idea what had happened to them.  One minute she was surrounded, the next she was all alone, only the sounds of bones snapping and breaking reaching her ears.  Her hand came up to cover her mouth to stifle the scream that threatened to emerge, not wanting to alert whomever or whatever it was that had done away with her would be attackers. 

Everything inside of her was screaming for her to run.  To get as far away from there as fast as she could before the same fate befell her as well, but she couldn't get her feet to move.  She stood there frozen in place, to dazed to move, not even realizing that her face and hands were spattered with blood.  Her chest rising and falling with every breath, green eyes frantically searching the shadows, trying to catch a glimpse of what might await her if she couldn't get her feet to listen to her brain and get her out of that alley. 
Baby, it's all I know,

adriankoll

Feeling much calmer the wolf looked around, pieces of human lay all around him, blood sprayed up the brick walls on either side of the alley. He looked to the small human that was getting attacked as she stood against the wall shaking. The sent of her fear still thick in the ally, mixing with the copper of the blood sprayed all around. A cold breeze blew down the ally, whiping about the steam rising from the warm chunks of flesh, and the steaming body of the wolf.

He thought back to the things that chased him from the forest, how they could look like humans. He wondered if they could do it, maybe he could too. He Gritts his teeth together and closed his eyes in concentration, he visualized himself turning into a human. After a few moments he could feel his muscles start to twist, his bones bend. He almost lost his balance and crouched his hind legs hind legs down, he opened his eyes and almost yelped in surprise. He looked down to see a pair of human hands in front of him, he looked himself over in the suddenly dim light, he could see most of his fur was gone, replaced by pale skin. He Placed one hand against the wall to steady himself he rose, swaying slightly on his new feet. Keeping one hand on the wall he started making his way to the girl, one unsure step at a time, he thought to himself that he needed to make sure she was alright.

He emerged from the darkness, grey eyes squinted against the brightness of the street light. He fought to find his balance, the corded muscles in his legs flexing excessively with each step, toned abs twisting to keep his torso upright. He approached her quietly, and fumbled with the stubby tong in his mouth, trying to form human words. "Rrr...y..ooo...ah.rrite" he stutters, while looking into her eyes with concern. Suddenly a siren sounded nearby, he jumped at the sound, falling over backwards. Scrambling to roll over, to get away from the growing sound, he flung bits of garbage flailing his arms in desperation to get back into the darkness. To find someplace to hide.

Mithlomwen

Veronica's green eyes widened even more if that were possible as the man emerged from the shadows of the alley.  He'd been the one to save her?  How was it possible that he had defended her against three attackers...and done THAT much damage?!  He was just a guy....right?  The thought of the strength it must have taken to accomplish such a thing had her watching him warily, her feet inching sideways along the wall as she scooted in the opposite direction, not really sure if she wanted to be anywhere close to this man, whether he was her savior or not. 

His voice sounded strange to her ears, and she had a hard time understanding what he was saying to her.  She repeated the words he'd spoken several times over and over in her head, before she repeated out loud what she thought he'd asked.  "Am I all right?"  She asked quietly to him, not wanting to startle him too much lest he turn on her and she became his next victim.  Nodding her head slowly, she spoke softly again, "I'm ok...I think....th....thank you."  He feet were still moving away from him, slowly inching herself down the alley as she continued to speak to him.  "It was you wasn't it?  You're the one who..."  Her voice broke off in mid sentence hearing the approaching siren, watching in confusion as he seemed startled and almost desperate to get away.  "Hey!"  She said gently, reaching towards him as he tripped and flailed about.  "What's wrong?" 
Baby, it's all I know,

adriankoll

He grabbed her hand and pulled her down with him, empty cans clattering across the pavement. His feet finally finding purchase he slid the two of them back into the darkness beyond the streetlight. He rolled on top of her, trying to shield her from the flashing lights and sirens that went whizzing past, and the pieces of mangled bodies that lay nearby.

His muscular chest heaved with his panic breaths, slowing slightly as the noise faded off into the distance. He tilted his head back, sniffing the air, the smell of blood still heavy in the air. He looks at her with panic in his eyes, His hair falling into his face,"must... hide." Words coming easier this time.

Mithlomwen

Veronica blinked up at him in shock at suddenly finding herself beneath him.  The cold rough pavement pressing against the soft skin of her back, making her squirm in discomfort.  "Must hide?"  She repeated to him, a frown creasing her delicate brow as she tried to understand what he was saying.  "You have to hide or I have to hide?"  This guy was most likely suffering from some sort of shock, and wasn't thinking clearly so his meaning was getting lost somewhere in translation. 

She pushed gently on his chest to see if he would get off of her, and smiled brightly when he did.  It was clear to her now that he meant her no harm, so she was glad to help him if she could.  Getting up on still shaky legs, she reached for him, to both steady herself and to help lead him in the right direction.  "Come on...I'll take you to my house, we can get you cleaned up."  And maybe she could find out what in the hell happened in the shadows of that alley, though she wasn't exactly sure she really wanted to know. 

A short car ride later had them pulling up into the driveway of her house, and a few moments later they were inside the warm safe confines.  "Can I get you anything?"  She asked gently, noting that he still seemed a bit out of it.  "Something to drink maybe?" 
Baby, it's all I know,

adriankoll

He shook his head "no" and began wandering around her house. The house was neat and well kept, an occasional picture hung on her white walls. He sniffed at her candles with a puzzled look on his face and ran his hand through the potted plant in the corner. He flopped on her couch for a moment before walking over to her television and pressing his face against it trying to see what was inside. Disappointed he couldn't see anything he walked into the kitchen. His nose is assaulted by a mix of bleach and food. He smiled a the girl washing something in the sink before turning and heading down the hall.

He headed to the room at the end of the hall, passing two closed door, and finds her bedroom. Neatly made bed, more funny smelling candles, and the thing that catches the most of his attention, her dirty laundry hamper. He opened the lid and started pulling out different pieces of clothing. Curious he starts trying things on, he puts his arms into a pair of sweat pants and pulls them down across his back. wiggling his shoulders around at the strange feeling of having cloths on for the first time. He scratched absent-mindedly at the dried blood in his hair and went back to digging through her dirty cloths, Throwing the smaller items about the room behind him.

Mithlomwen

Veronica watched him curiously, her green eyes growing wider and wider with each passing moment, not exactly sure what he was doing or why he was acting the way he was acting.  He almost acted like he'd never seen a TV before.  Her eyes followed him as he made is way into the kitchen with her, smiling back at him reassuringly as if wanting to let him know that he was ok in her house and he could relax.

So it came as a bit for a surprise to her when he left the kitchen and went down the hallway towards her room.  Out of curiosity she followed him, a frown creasing her delicate brow as she wondered what in the world he was looking for.  He still seemed a bit skittish so she didn't want to yell at him and startle him even more, so she was content for the moment to just see what he was up to. 

What he did next had her standing there in open mouthed shock.  He was trying on her clothes!  HER clothes!  She ran into the room, gathering up the things he was tossing around, holding them tight against her chest, clutching the various undergarments in embarrassment, her pale cheeks flaming bright red.  "Hey um....you know if you wanted something to wear...I can get you something clean to wear." 
Baby, it's all I know,