"Furry Force Alpha" - Exotic Sci-Fi. (Requires a better name, please?)

Started by Chrystal, November 04, 2012, 04:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

It is the twenty fifth century. Mankind has spread to the stars, and to the surprise of many, and the relief of most, has thus far encountered no alien life.

Planets found are barren and lifeless, and are terraformed easily to habitable worlds. They have all the ingredients, just no actual life and so Earth's diverse ecosystem is readily transplanted.

Of course, humans are still human, and as they spread out, conflicts new and old spread out with them.

The wars of the future will be fought in space, though, where the vehicles doing the fighting move at velocities approaching the speed of light, and a slight twitch or hesitation by one pilot can wipe out an entire squadron.

Important scientific point, if interested

Movement between stars would be by "Jump-ship", but although a jump ship can move faster than light, in normal space it is not very manoeuvrable. So the actual fighting in space would happen between smaller fighter craft carried from star system to star system by the jump ships. These craft would be incapable of jump, but would be capable of much higher acceleration, making them much more manoeuvrable.

Obviously at the sort of speed these fighter ships are flying, then, the pilots need to have superhuman reflexes... Perhaps feline reflexes?

Genetic tailoring has been around for hundreds of years now. many worlds outlaw it, but there are still those on which you can have your baby grow wings, or fur... Most worlds that practice anthropomorphic engineering have a rule that, to be considered human, you must have a minimum of 80% human DNA. Below that mark and you are classed as an anthropomorph.

Anthros have no rights, they have no legal status, they are considered property.

Logically therefore they are used by the military for grunt-work.

But suppose some enterprising person in the space force decided to create a couple of squadrons of fighter pilots with (say) 25% feline DNA? Their reactions would be superior to any human's, they would be able to survive higher g-forces, and they would naturally be expendable - in fact, they would be cheaper to make than the fighter ships...! But, in order to pilot the ships, they would need to be intelligent, capable of making snap decisions, and able to perform independently without direct orders.

Would you really want to put a multi-million-credit fighter space-craft, armed with all the latest weaponry, in the paws of a slave that was capable of working out that it was a slave?

My idea, ladies and gents, is for a story-based group role-play focussing on the lives of one of the two squadrons of feline fighter pilots. This may involve actual ship-to-ship combat between us and an unknown enemy, or it may not - I'm open to suggestions.

What I'm looking for are players of either gender interested in playing genetically enhanced anthropomorphic felines. (Note: these would be house-cat felines, no lions, cheetahs or lynxes, please). I may or may not also require some fully human officers.

The thread(s) would go in N/C Exotic, or possibly Extreme.

If I decide to include human officers as player characters, then they will automatically be the dominant characters and in character, will have the power to take and rape any of the anthro characters.

Please note, though, that my Golden Rule of non-consensual role play applies:

Non Consent applies to the character and not the player.

In other words, if a character is screaming "No, stop it", that is permission for the other character to carry on. But if the player controlling that character asks the other player to stop, they must do so!

I know this should be obvious, but I have encountered people for whom it wasn't!

Please post here if interested.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Characters

There are two types of Player Character available. Feline Antro pilots and Human officers.

The following roles are available:

Human:

RoleRankCharacterPlayer
Fighter Wing CommanderLieutenant CommanderMaxwell CrowPrince Truhan
Ship's DoctorLieutenant
Deck Crew ChiefChief Petty Officer
Squadron Commander- Human Squadron 1LieutenantJackson ReynoldsJecter
Squadron Commander- Human Squadron 2Lieutenant

ALL OTHER HUMAN CHARACTERS WILL BE NPCS.

Anthro

RoleRankCharacterPlayer
Squadron LeaderAnthro Grade 1
Squadron SecondAnthro Grade 2
Lead Pilot 1Anthro Grade 3
Wing Pilot 1Anthro Grade 4
Lead Pilot 2Anthro Grade 3
Wing Pilot 2Anthro Grade 4
Lead Pilot 3Anthro Grade 3
Wing Pilot 3Anthro Grade 4

ANTHRO CHARACTER CREATION SHEET:

Please click the "select" link, then press <CTRL> and C to copy the code below. Paste it into a new post or a PM to me, and fill in the blanks.

But you all knew that, didn't you? *winks*

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Character Serial Number:[/b] (Eight random alphanumerics. I will assign this if you like)
[b]Locations of Serial Number Tattoo:[/b] (Three places)
[b]Gender:[/b] (M/F No futa or Herms please)
[b]Sexuality:[/b] (Gay/straight)
[b]Role:[/b] (See list of available roles)

[b]Height:[/b] (Max 4'6", 137 cm) (Min 3'6", 107 cm)
[b]Weight:[/b] (Max 60 Lbs, 27 kg) (Min 40 Lbs, 18 kg)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Please link to an image)
[b]Eye Colour:[/b] (If not clear from picture)
[b]Fur Colour:[/b] (If not clear from picture)
[b]Species and/or breed:[/b] (If "House cat" please specify a breed)

[b]Percent human DNA:[/b] (Max 75) (Min 50)

[b]Likes:[/b] (Things your character enjoys)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (Things your character does not enjoy)

[b]Personality:[/b] (What is the character like? PLEASE NOTE: All the anthro characters are lab-creations. They will all start out with fairly bland personalities, which will develop over time. However they should all posses certain feline traits, which will be greater or lesser depending upon the species and breed of feline)

[b]History:[/b] (Insert name here) was bred by the military for the specific role of piloting a new design of experimental fighter craft. He/She underwent accellerated growth, to reach physical and mental maturity and was then given extensive training in how to fly the fighter ship. He/She graduated from the pilot training and was given his/her present rank, before being sedated and shipped to the Carrier Jump-ship [i]Persius' Revenge[/i]. Once there, he/she was revived and shown into the squadron's ready room where he/she met the rest of the squadron for the first time.

Please note that everyone has the same history. this is deliberate.

HUMAN CHARACTER CREATION SHEET:

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] (M/F No futa or Herms please)
[b]Sexuality:[/b] (Gay/straight)
[b]Role:[/b] (See list of available roles)

[b]Height:[/b] (Within regular Human norms)
[b]Weight:[/b] (Within regular Human norms)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Please link to an image)
[b]Eye Colour:[/b] (If not clear from picture)
[b]Hair Colour:[/b] (If not clear from picture)
[b]Species and/or breed:[/b] (If not 100% Human)

[b]Percent human DNA:[/b] (Max 100) (Min 80)

[b]Likes:[/b] (Things your character enjoys)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (Things your character does not enjoy)

[b]Personality:[/b] (What is the character like?)

[b]History:[/b]

Please note that I am quite picky regarding characters that I approve!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Chaeronea

Hi Chrystal,

Well, I've got to admit being intrigued by this idea seeing as I've been a fan of fighter combat stories ever since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I've roleplayed and written fanfic in he Macross and Wing Commander universes, plus I played an InVitro fighter pilot in a Space: Above and Beyond roleplay group and was told I did quite well, so I think I can get the feel of this game. Anyway I have some questions about the setting that I hope you can answer.

* I took a look at your O/O page before starting this reply. Would the fact that I only play male characters, and have very little experience with non-con or dom/sub stuff, bar me from this game?

* How big are the nations in this setting? Are we talking single planets, single star systems, a few closely-allied star systems or dozens of star systems?

* You mentioned our characters being 75% human and 25% beast for the legal technicalities, but just how human or inhuman do anthros look? Would almost human except with, say, pointy ears and feline slit-pupilled eyes be acceptable? Or are we talking the classic neko look - human with pointy feline ears on top of the head and a kitty-style tail? Or maybe a fully-upright feline like the lion-men and other anthros out of Flash Gordon? Is there scope for different types or styles of anthros in the squadron, with each having come from a different world-slash-production facility, each with its own design criteria?

* Are anthros used just as disposable combat troops by the various militaries, or are they also used as slave labour of various sorts? (I'm thinking InVitroes in SAAB, again). For that matter, how common are jumpships - are they exclusively military or government-owned, or are there privately-owned jumpships? And are there mercenary groups active in this setting like in the Hammer's Slammers or Battletech universes, or modern PMCs?

* With the last line in your original post I assume that, if our characters get their act together and get pushed too far, the possibility of us leading a slave rebellion like a sci-fi Spartacus may be on the cards (or at least not auto-stomped by the GM). Does this sound right?

* You mentioned anthros in the military being used for grunt work - I'm assuming that means duties such as PBI / Poor Bloody Infantry (standard foot-grunts), cargo haulers etc, possibly marine detachments on starships and space stations (I can imagine boarding actions and resisting same would be a real meat-grinder, especially if simply opening the section being boarded to hard vacuum is considered a valid counter-boarding tactic).  Could there be Special Forces-type units made up of anthros specifically to take advantage of any natural aptitudes they may have - for example a LRRP (Long Range Recon Patrol) unit made up of felines who operate mainly in darkness to take advantage of better low-light vision?  Could our characters have had pasts in non-space military forces before being assigned to this squadron, or have we been purpose-grown specifically for this project?

Oh, and for a better name for the RP, how about 'Catseye Squadron' or 'Claws of the Cats'?

Chrystal

Quote from: Chaeronea on November 06, 2012, 04:08:40 AM
Hi Chrystal,

Hi Chaeronea.

I'm split-quoting your post to reply to each part in turn. Helps make sure i don't miss any...

QuoteWell, I've got to admit being intrigued by this idea seeing as I've been a fan of fighter combat stories ever since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I've roleplayed and written fanfic in he Macross and Wing Commander universes, plus I played an InVitro fighter pilot in a Space: Above and Beyond roleplay group and was told I did quite well, so I think I can get the feel of this game. Anyway I have some questions about the setting that I hope you can answer.

Really? cool! S:AaB is one of those "FOX, YOU BASTARDS!" series, like Firefly... How could they do that? Leave it on such a cliff-hanger and then can the third season! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Um, so, yeah, S:AaB is actually part of my inspiration for this story. But enough Network Bashing. On to your questions....

Quote* I took a look at your O/O page before starting this reply. Would the fact that I only play male characters, and have very little experience with non-con or dom/sub stuff, bar me from this game?

Not at all... I'm hoping to have a good mix of male and female players. In my experience all the males will be straight and most of the females will be bi... The D/S stuff, really comes in only if I bring in the Human player characters... The officers will of course all be human, with the exception of the squadron commander who will only have an honorary officer status (my character). The reason for saying that the story is non-consensual is because the human officers will be able to take and rape any of the anthros they wish ( note: In Character only: OOC, consent must be obtained from the player who's character is being raped).

I don't really see much by way of Bondage going on, unless we are looking at getting into a punishment scene for some misdemeanour committed by one of the anthros.

Quote* How big are the nations in this setting? Are we talking single planets, single star systems, a few closely-allied star systems or dozens of star systems?

I think probably a mix of single star systems,  closely allied systems and one big evil empire that is trying to unify all the others... (Gives us a nice back-ground plot that way) Use the classic Space-Opera back-story of "Diaspora-breakdown-recontact".

Quote* You mentioned our characters being 75% human and 25% beast for the legal technicalities, but just how human or inhuman do anthros look? Would almost human except with, say, pointy ears and feline slit-pupilled eyes be acceptable? Or are we talking the classic neko look - human with pointy feline ears on top of the head and a kitty-style tail? Or maybe a fully-upright feline like the lion-men and other anthros out of Flash Gordon? Is there scope for different types or styles of anthros in the squadron, with each having come from a different world-slash-production facility, each with its own design criteria?

I have to admit to a preconception here. Some examples of what I'm thinking:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/104/2/c/adoptable_feline_anthro_by_refisadopts-d3dzecd.png
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/44a20dd10c100f69b8d4a48401b8b8f2/http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p213/Uni_013/Green_Alien_Cat_Girl_Redux_by_Dadwa.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2007/338/7/b/Cat_Anthro_Recolor_by_Kesshi.png
http://e621.net/data/2d/97/2d97e7e54f6e6975636e8a0c659c04c4.jpg?1347017508

It's a lot easier to find pics of naked cat-girls than of cat-boys... This, to me, is a "good thing", but makes it hard for guys to find character pics for a RP like this one.

So, anyway, my real concept is "full furry", with feline facial features, but human hands and feet. Tails are a must! A "neko" - i.e. a human with cat ears and a tail - would be more than 80% human DNA, is what I'm thinking here. (Actually I may lower that limit to 75%)

There would be different production facilities across the nation producing the cat-squadron, but this is the military we are talking about: they would have put the production out to tender, and gone with one or possibly two facilities - or maybe used their own in-house cloning labs.  That said, the squadron is experimental, so there could be a wide variety of different feline DNA used, to see which works best. I'm considering also, removing the restriction I placed on "no exotic cats", purely because of the shortage of decent male images...

Quote* Are anthros used just as disposable combat troops by the various militaries, or are they also used as slave labour of various sorts? (I'm thinking InVitroes in SAAB, again). For that matter, how common are jumpships - are they exclusively military or government-owned, or are there privately-owned jumpships? And are there mercenary groups active in this setting like in the Hammer's Slammers or Battletech universes, or modern PMCs?

On worlds where Anthros are legal, they would be common slaves for all sorts of purposes - everything from "Mole-men" working underground, to "Bunny-girl" sex slaves, to "Rotweiler-boy" security guards. The deck crews for the fighter ships would probably be lizard Anthros of some sort, or maybe "driders".

I'm thinking "Grand Space Opera" setting here. So, yes, we would have privately owned merchant ships capable of jump. Arming them would be strictly illegal in some parts of the galaxy and commonplace in others. I would think pirates and mercenary groups would flourish in the society I envisage.

Quote* With the last line in your original post I assume that, if our characters get their act together and get pushed too far, the possibility of us leading a slave rebellion like a sci-fi Spartacus may be on the cards (or at least not auto-stomped by the GM). Does this sound right?

"Auto-stomped by the GM"? I love that expression! Sooooo... The possibility a slave revolt is very real, and if by "Auto-stomped" you mean I just say "No, you can't do that", I'm not that sort of GM. If, however, you mean will I, as GM, muster an army of loyal NPCs who surround the PCs and say "Surrender or die", that depends entirely on what happens in the game.

I would remind you, however, of what happened to Spartacus...

Oh, and then there's this little incident from my approval thread, of which I'm particularly proud...!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=73613.msg3224500#msg3224500
* You mentioned anthros in the military being used for grunt work - I'm assuming that means duties such as PBI / Poor Bloody Infantry (standard foot-grunts), cargo haulers etc, possibly marine detachments on starships and space stations (I can imagine boarding actions and resisting same would be a real meat-grinder, especially if simply opening the section being boarded to hard vacuum is considered a valid counter-boarding tactic).  Could there be Special Forces-type units made up of anthros specifically to take advantage of any natural aptitudes they may have - for example a LRRP (Long Range Recon Patrol) unit made up of felines who operate mainly in darkness to take advantage of better low-light vision?  Could our characters have had pasts in non-space military forces before being assigned to this squadron, or have we been purpose-grown specifically for this project?

I think I have already partly answered this, but basically the answer is yes. Create an anthro with a chitinous shell and six limbs that can cling onto anything, and remove the need for it to breath through lungs and you have the perfect "space marine". Lower intelligence means they just follow orders and don't try and think for themselves. Infantry would be canine, mostly. Loyal, strong, unswerving, relatively smart and aggressive.

And of course, there would be the ten-percenters..... People classed as human, but with specific genetic adaptations to enable them to perform specific tasks. Gills, for example, so they could breath under water, or (as you suggest) night vision. Probably human officers in charge of Anthro units would be 90% human DNA so they share some of the traits of their "men".

Basic donkey-work would obviously be carried out by... OH GOD NO! I can't say it, it's too corny...!

As for the origins... I was thinking that the cats would have been specifically grown for the project, and programmed with the data they needed while in the tank. It would be very rare for a full anthro to change job. But I also think that the technology should exist to "graft-on" the genetic structure to a human - hence how they make the 10%-ers. This could open an interesting possibility - The cats could possibly have been teenage humans, kidnapped and gene-grafted to be below 80% (or 75%)  human.

I quite like that idea....

Oh, and for a better name for the RP, how about 'Catseye Squadron' or 'Claws of the Cats'?

Me likie. I like both of those, and can't choose between them. I think "Catseye Squadron" is just in front.

Anyway, I hope that has helped?

Now to see if anyone else has posted while I've been typing this!

Prince Truhan

Hi Chrystal, just wanted to let you know I'm interested in playing human officer, should you decide to avoid officers I can make one of the felines too

Chrystal

Hi Prince.

I can see you as the colonel in charge of the fighter group, with two human and two feline squadrons under your command...

One of the poor downtrodden felines? Hmmm, maybe... ;)

Prince Truhan

Colonel works,

as for the downtrodden, you mean you want to see me try play a victim of oppression?

Chrystal

I want to see you try and play a victim, my friend! You're far to Dom! *giggles*

Prince Truhan

apygoos

ill be an anthro, male or female, or both if need be. No problem making 2 characters

Chrystal

Hey Apygoos.

Just one thing: I do insist on players posting an average of at least 150 words in an IC post, if at all possible.

The reason for this should be obvious: The more detail you put into your post, the more the other player(s) have to respond to. If you post one or two lines, you will get one or two lines back, and pretty soon the thread dies because it is lacking any depth.

If you want to see the sort of posts I like to do, Click here...! (Obviously, OOC posts are generally a lot shorter, but that's because they don't have to carry the story).

Edited - I checked how long the average posts are in my group games and most are between 150 and 200 words, with the occasional one dipping down to 100. If you occasionally do a short post, that's fine, but I do insist on a good average length!

apygoos

precisely, i can get pretty detialed, but if my partners start pittling off i have less to paly off of, give character thought on, etc.

Chrystal

Please see edited version of my last post... I realised it sounded a little bit draconian!

Two hundred words is three or four medium-length paragraphs or two long paragraphs.

I like people to try and post at least two paragraphs if they can.

The thing is, though, if someone gives you a one-line post, why reply to it at all? Why not PM them and ask them to add to it? That is what I do. Replying to a one line post with a one-line post, isn't "fighting fire with fire", it's "cutting your nose off to spite your face". as my dad used to say. It is a self-defeating action.

If a player you are writing with gives you nothing to hang your post on - and believe me, I've had posts a mile long where I've had nothing to reply to... Then PM them and ask them to edit!

apygoos

ither way, im up for it, bring it, just ened a character sheet to work on, etc. cant wait to work on this!

Chrystal

*coughs* Uh... spell check would be good too? *giggles*

Sorry, I'm really not an unreasonable GM, I do typos too, but Firefox has a built-in spell checker that I use. Elliquiy has a <spell check> button right there under the "Post reply" window, next to the <Preview> button.

And actually, if I'm reading an old post that has a spelling error in it, I generally go back and fix it! It's impossible to catch them all the first time around, but most of us can catch most of them!

apygoos

Not making s post before a game of League of Legends helps too. >.<

NicciKotor

Will there be newtypes as well?

In any case, sign me up for a catgirl pilot Ma'am!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

FallenFeather

Mmm League of Legends. I can understand fully.

Anyway. I'm totally in for this Chrystal. Gonna play an anthro girl. (No not a tiger, just the coloring of one :D)

Chrystal

Hi ladies.

Character creation sheets are up!

*Pokes Hai* Hiya babe. I'm really only taking renaming suggestions from players who are interested in playing, and as that is a good suggestion, I hope you are...?

Belisuavious

I would be interested in being a human officer, if there were any slots open.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Player Name: Jecter

Character name: Jackson Reynolds
Sexuality:Hetero
Role: Human Squadron Commander

Height: 5'11
Weight: 185

Appearance:
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour:
Species and/or breed: 90% human, 10% feline. Effect is he has slightly pointed ears and slightly faster reflexes

Percent human DNA: 90

Likes: Inter-service rugby games, a bit too much danger, and he really enjoys laughing. After a mission he always grabs a drink, but gets a little rough if he has too much.
Dislikes: Being deliberately shown up (f.e; someone does something for the sole reason of doing it better than him, not because it has any other benefit), and reptilian anthro's give him the creeps (specifically the eyes, tongue and scales)

Personality: Jackson has two personalities. When he is on a mission he is very focused on getting the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible. He tries to minimise loss of life, even among the anthros under his command. This is not for any sort of compassionate reason, rather he knows their capabilities and would rather keep his skilled pilots alive than get new ones.
Off mission, he is much more relaxed, often spending time with the maintenance team that services his ship, making sure that everything is working properly. If he isn't with them, he will either be in his bunk writing, either to home or in a journal he has kept since he entered the service, or at the lounge. Similar to his on-mission personality, he does his best to treat the anthro's under his command with a modicum of respect, perhaps buying them a round of drinks after a particularly tough flight mission, or doing his best to know something about each of them. Like his on-mission ideals, this is more for his benefit than theirs, since they will be more motivated to performing well and less likely to slip their ship behind his and blow him up.
History: Jackson was born to a rather well off professor of ancient history on Magnus-112, and had feline DNA coded in to his simply because of tradition, as his father had gotten it done, and his father and so on all the way back to when this was first introduced. He used this to his advantage while playing sports, though at times he wished for some rhino or elephant splicing after getting a particularly nasty tackle from someone who had those benefits. After graduating High School, his father wanted him to continue on to get a degree of some kind, hopefully history, but Jackson refused. Instead he played Magnus Rules Football for three seasons before he decided, on a whim, to join the Navy. He showed aptitude for small unit operations and after three years he was given an entire squadron of his own to command, along with a shiny new Lt. pins.

Chrystal

Quote from: NicciKotor on November 06, 2012, 08:25:30 PM
Will there be newtypes as well?

In any case, sign me up for a catgirl pilot Ma'am!

Not sure what you mean by newtypes?

Quote from: Jecter on November 07, 2012, 03:37:17 PM
I would be interested in being a human officer, if there were any slots open.

So far, so good.

My only real concern, here is that I don't want this to devolve into "Let's all rape the furries"...

Well, no, that's not strictly true, but I would like there to be some actual combat somewhere along the way...

apygoos

Chrystal