Why did you choose your current avatar?

Started by Moraline, December 17, 2012, 09:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Why did you choose your current avatar?  (Make a new post here if you change avatars)

I see Avatars as little works of art. I enjoy the beauty of them and talent involved in making them.  I also like to use female models because when people see my profile I want them to think "female." I use one specific model(Kato) so that when they see it, they will recognize it's me without even having to look at my name.

I'd really be curious as to why people choose certain avatars. Like Oniya for instance, What's up with the little orb? What does it mean to her? Why does LunarSage use a wolf (or as I like to think of it, a cute little puppy?)

My current avatar is the model/clothing designer - Kato - She's taking a drink and looking to the side.

I picked it because I thought it was quirky and cute. When I look at the image I feel full of questions about it.

SinXAzgard21

Hmmm, well I had just taken the pic because I got the wolf mask and Goldie said she really liked it.  I also needed a new avatar picture and decided hell why not. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

It expresses my aesthetic tastes with a bit of holiday spirit thrown in.

Silverfyre

Romantically Apocalyptic is a web comic favorite of mine and Ze Captain is in the festive holiday spirit. 

Moraline

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on December 17, 2012, 09:40:09 PM
Hmmm, well I had just taken the pic because I got the wolf mask and Goldie said she really liked it.  I also needed a new avatar picture and decided hell why not.
I think your avatar is a good one. It's totally an artistic take on the mask itself.
Quote from: Ryven on December 17, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
It expresses my aesthetic tastes with a bit of holiday spirit thrown in.
I really like that one. The lighting and shadowing are really good.
Quote from: Silverfyre on December 17, 2012, 09:45:38 PM
Romantically Apocalyptic is a web comic favorite of mine and Ze Captain is in the festive holiday spirit. 
I've never read the comic but I'd like to. The image looks cool. The face is a bit too small on my screen but it looks like a gasmask to me. I like gasmasks.
Quote from: RedPhoenix on December 17, 2012, 09:46:42 PM
Cuz wrapping myself up in Christmas lights is the only good part of the holidays for me!
Do you do that too? HAHA. Seriously, great avatar - the lighting in the image is just awesome!

Sasquatch421

Well I wanted a good Grimlock avatar since I've always been a fan of the Dinobots. I found this one with him teaching and well if you remember the old Grimlock it's kind one of those opposites type thing since one wouldn't see him as a teacher...

Vekseid

There was an April Fool's day prank where we gave all of the regular members staff tags while myself and the rest of staff got 'normal member' tags. We told the members it was now their responsibility to reign our behavior in.

One of the bigger battles was an avatar changing war between the staff members - and of course telling members to discipline whoever the supposed culprit was.

Someone (I think it was Cecilia) changed my original avatar (Luis Royo's 'Honey from the Shadows' - which has a rather similar theme to my current one) to an image of Barney Fife.

I decided to keep the same theme for my avatar after April Fools' was over. Same artist, still a nubile girl giving something monstrous fellatio. This one is the last of a set of four in Royo's "Prohibited II" series.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Moraline on December 17, 2012, 10:24:34 PM
I think your avatar is a good one. It's totally an artistic take on the mask itself.

Thanks!  It took me forever taking this picture... I hate taking self pictures.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sabby

Beguile's Mistress

I like feminine, elegant and graceful avatars or feminine and sexy and all with a bit of the mysterious or intriguing thrown in.  The current one was a gift and the fairy has a little dragon pet on a leash. 

Silver

Well I have a series of 4 all of the same woman, you might all have only seen three up to this point. I shift them from time to time. I like the snow, I love gray when I can't find Silver. Also it's winter so it was fitting and it expresses me and my thoughts to a certain point, it's up to you to figure out what the picture is saying..
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Shjade

I really like her expression + I was playing a good amount of Borderlands 2 at the time which I think her hair/general look would fit into pretty well.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Koren

I generaly dont go for anything involving photographs of the sort, but i am a massive, massive dragon nut. Also I really like the idea of the transparent avatar as well as it seems more attached to the forum so thats kinda the explaination behind my current one.

Caehlim

I'm posting other people's on and offs lists under my name in the Volunteer Auction and it looked wrong to have my avatar next to them.

So for the duration, I'm going to go with this one or find other auction themed avatars to wear. Plus it's a way of making a shameless plug and promoting the auctions...

(cough, cough).

Although seriously, that is why I chose this one.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Avis habilis

Because a Yule dalek is the best thing ever.

Teo Torriatte

Because I find her to be really attractive. And also because she is what I imagine my character in one of my favorite rps to look like.

Skynet

I wanted to choose an avatar which fit my gender, and one appropriate to my username.

I figured to go for a cyborg which looked very human.  The picture I found on Google looked kickass in this pose, so I took it.

Star Safyre

Quote from: Avis habilis on December 18, 2012, 08:16:33 AM
Because a Yule dalek is the best thing ever.

This is true.

As for mine, the easy answer is that it's blue, Christmasy, and low-key, much like myself lately.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Outsider

Because I love the body art. And the cat.

Lilias

I had something writing-inspired for November, over NaNo, but when I finished early, it felt wrong to keep it - and too early to put on something Christmassy. So I opted for this ice queen, to go with a wintery-but-not-festive theme. I've had the pic in my collection for about a decade, and used it in other places as well.

My personal text (the bit beneath the avatar) is a set with the image, so look for it to change when the avatar changes as well.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

diamonedsky

This particular avatar was used just to get into the holiday spirit, and because it had sparkles already in it. The only theme I have for all my avatars, and in part why I pick most of them, is that the girls are young brunettes, or look brunette in black in white, because I once used a model with bright orange hair, but you couldn't tell in the black and white edit. :P

But usually, my weekly avatars are used to express whatever mood I'm currently in at the time. ^^
O/O   ☆   A/A   ☆   Avatars
Van Halen - Tattoo

DudelRok

I'm a silly, kooky, weird kind of guy... so I run silly, kooky and weird kind of avatars that I makes meself. (And maybe a lil' bit creepy sometimes, I admit.)

Right now it's a Snow....person... thing... or something like it. Whatever, it amuses me and I obviously made it myself. XD

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Sasquatch421

This one I do like some good cos-play and Anna Moleva is terrific at it. Heck I saw it and fell in love. From what I've heard she is going to be on the cover for the game....

WindVoyager

QuoteRomantically Apocalyptic is a web comic favorite of mine and Ze Captain is in the festive holiday spirit.

Ze Captain! I love Romantically Apocalyptic.

I chose mine becouse I like to be different and have a love for non humans, dragons, cyborgs, Transformers and the like and I like space shuttles. There was something very appealing about the art and I fell in love with it.

Callie Del Noire

I don't know..the image just.. clicked. :D