News:

Main Menu

Favorite Robot/Mecha

Started by CaptainNexus616, January 01, 2015, 02:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmahr

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 08, 2015, 12:49:16 PM
Don't mind me, just coming through with the most adorable giant killer robot ever. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQPDaPgwQU (turn on closed captioning for subtitles)

Sadly I can't watch the video, but just form the thumbnail that robot reminds me of Registeel from Pokémon. I guess that whether Steel-types count as Mechs or not is up for debate though, but here goes. :P

~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

CaptainNexus616

You know that really does have the general look of the Kapool Mech. While the Registeel technically isn't a mech since Pokémon are animals I wouldn't be surprised if they did base the Registeel after it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

HannibalBarca

I've got two.

One, as has been mentioned before, the Valkyries of Macross SDF-1, particularly Roy Fokker's:

And, of course, Asuka Langley Soryu's Evangelion Unit-02 in beast mode:

“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Sabby

CaptainNexus616

Well on its own its kinda cool looking. Personally it should have more silver since it's the Silver Ranger's Zord for crying out loud.

Though I do find it kinda lame that this is supposed to be the same Q-Rex many of us grew up with.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Sabby

It would be fine without the big dopey looking boxead on that long neck, it looks awkward. The original Q-Rex looked and moved like a raptor, this is more like Godzilla in a neck brace.

CaptainNexus616

Well it looks like its paying homage to several Dino zords at once.

Using the Green Mighty Morphin Key configured it into a shape similar to the Dragonzord.

It has the Q-Rex name obviously.

now when the  White Dino Thunder Key is used I feel they are definitely paying homage to the Dino Thunder Megazord with that freaking awesome Drill Tail gimmick .

Mikem

The Global Defense Initiative Titan Mk. I Battle Mechanized Walker, the tried and true anti-armor/structure platform used during the Second Tiberium War.

It's from Command & Conquer, Tiberian sun.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Frelance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nc8a9gnDso

The robots created by BLR for their Keloid short are my favorites at the moment.
Evolution is an arms race

KingsBlade

Since someone already mentioned the most awesome mech in the history of ever (Tengeen Toppa Gurren Lagann) I'll put in the first one I ever saw in a video-game and loved to pieces

The lovely 4-legged walker in the background

The Mammoth was one of my favourite units back from the days of Tiberian Sun so boss only one could be deployed on the battlefield at a time, truly a machine of war.

TheGlyphstone

If video game mecha are eligible, let me go no further than the Terran Goliath.

My text message alert on my phone is the "Go ahead, TAC-COM" audio file from SC1.

Sabby

Hmmm, not sure if this is off topic, but you do so giant robots... I recently replayed Half Life 2, and I forgot just how perfect the robot designs were in that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WyEPgxO8o

Mikem

The Combine armored weaponry are more Synthetic in nature, as they are an amalgamation of Mechanical and Organic components. ie. seeing Dog rip the brain out of a Strider in Episode 2. However since we only have confirmation that the Strider is at least this way it's safe to assume the Combine made all their machines in this fashion, to give them better battlefield adaptability. Still I think the Strider at least counts as a Robot.

The L-5 Riesig, the European Union's Main Battle Walker during The Cold War. (future war during Ice Age)
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Yukina

After my UC gundam binge watching experience over the past month or so, Zeta Gundam is definitely a favorite. :)

Kimmy

Priss from Bubblegum crisis has two suits that are awesome!

Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Wajin

So proud of my oldest girl. She just finished two master grade Zaku's without my assistance today :3, she's a Zaku fanatic, and it's adorable.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"