Help with gaming headphones

Started by TheHangedOne, January 30, 2015, 12:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

So, I am going to be getting a new computer today (or tomorrow if the weather delay is significant). I have a SADES 7.1 surround sound USB headphone set. It had a disc yo install... drivers, I guess? Stuff like that.

I CAN'T FIND THE DAMN DISC. What do I do? I want to be able to use the headset for Mumble, but without the disc, it won't work.  :-\
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Lilythe

Most, not all, but most devices have driver download's on the company's websites for this very purpose :) I'd go check out the website if I were you. At the very least it should have contact information that you can use to call the company and see if they can send you a duplicate disc.

Oniya

I found the Sades support site, and they have a driver download page - I'm not sure if all the fields are required on the form, though.

http://www.sades.us/download/
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sprikut

Almost all headsets are Plug and Play compatible now, the only thing you might have trouble with is the surround sound or the lights on your headset. THat being said lets assume you want the drivers.

you can use this form
http://www.sades.us/download/

Assuming you dont want to sign up for something. I'd just need the specific model number for your headset and I could likely find the drivers somewhere.

TheHangedOne

I honestly have no clue about the model number or anything like that, so the support site form is useless, too. I have a booklet, but everything is in Chinese.

I suppose I'll just plug it in and hope things work out alright.
Check out my poet tree!

Sprikut

Can you identify it by sight?
http://www.sades.us/store/

Which of these ones is it? (you can filter to just 7.1 PC headphones...)

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Sprikut

Cool so you can either use their support form. All you need is the model, the OS of your computer and your phone number I believe.

I dont see the drivers for it in any of the usual locations online. If you just explain what happened to the support folks along with what model you have they should be able to help out just fine :)

TheHangedOne

Nope. Can't use the form. I don't have the serial number or the store name (got 'em off Ebay).
Check out my poet tree!

Sprikut

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 30, 2015, 12:58:12 PM
Nope. Can't use the form. I don't have the serial number or the store name (got 'em off Ebay).

Well the other option is to email them Support@sades.us

I'll poke around abit more and see what I can find.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Oniya

Sneaky little buggers, aren't they?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheHangedOne

They are. Somehow, it ended up underneath my router.
Check out my poet tree!