The Genius and The Witch

Started by Apple of Eris, April 12, 2009, 10:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apple of Eris

New York, 1902.

Two rival Illusionists have been having a heated battle over who is the best at their art in the very heart of New York City. One, who styles themselves as ‘The Genius’ (or whatever name you prefer) uses strange and exotic inventions to perform their Act, claiming the amazing feats they perform to astound their audience is done through the power of their amazing scientific inventions. The rival Illusionist, styled, The Witch does many of the same tricks, however she claims the use of magic in her act; mesmerizing her audience with a show of mystical arts she claims give her the powers she displays.

The truth is, neither of them have any real powers. They are both good at showmanship, and adept Illusionists, but their tricks are done through the use of mirrors, smoke, and handy trapdoors.

That is, until one day…
The Genius is working on a new ‘invention’ for their show, an invention that accidentally has the powers it is claimed to have. At her workshop, she is confronted by an angry Witch, whose recent show was disrupted by hecklers in the hire of the technologically inclined Illusionist. In the heat of their argument, the device accidentally activates and sends them both… elsewhere.

They arrive in a fantasy world, filled with all manner of beasts and beings from myth and legend. Even more amazing, The Witch actually has powers here, while the Genius has only her tools, intellect, and maybe a gun or two. Can they work together long enough to survive and find a way home?
-----------------------------------------------------------

I’m not quite sure how I want this story to go just yet, but I would prefer it to be story heavy, with some adult play splattered in here and there (I think NC-Exotic would work since this is a fantasy world).

As far as the running of the story I was thinking of two players (myself and someone else obviously) and someone to direct the world/story around them. Otherwise, a shared story would be just fine.

Oh, and I want the Witch! :)

Anyone interested?
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Jeramiahh

*grin* Oooh... I really shouldn't, but this appeals to me, VERY strongly. I could easily play both the Genius and 'gamemaster', if you wanted to run it that way... it could be very fun.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Apple of Eris

Works for me, I'll fire off a PM sometime tonight :)
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking