News:

Main Menu

Mangas you read

Started by Foxydemon911, July 12, 2020, 10:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakihara

Trigger warning: Sexual assault of a minor, murder and suicide mentioned

I don't read too many mangas but every so often a mention or video intrigues me enough to search them out.  So saw this YT short about Saihate ni Madou so I had to check it out, it only has 4 chapters right now that I could find translated online as it doesn't seem published in the west.  This is an emotional and dark story.

So the story starts with a guy getting out of prison and being met by his mother after 7 years.  The back story that is then told is he had a sister he cared for as her big brother.  He always picked her up after Cram school.  We see a scene where she mentions about a creepy teacher there.  Then a little later she is crying and asking why he didn't come to pick her up that day.  And then he finds her hanging in her room, having killed herself and leaving a suicide note basically saying she'd been raped by this teacher.  So, he goes and kills this teacher in vengeance that same day.  As he's driving to the grave of his dead sister with his mother after getting out, the MC tells us he is going to kill himself, he has no place in this world and only brings hurt. 

But then he has to run back to the grave to grab the incense they forgot only to see this girl at the grave, one he realizes is the girl he saw come out as he was stabbing the teacher.  One he assumes is his daughter.  The mother mentions working at a orphanage as they are driving home and later he is looking up about the girl who was at the teachers place only to be interrupted as the girl he saw at the grave makes an appearance.  It is a girl from the orphanage who his mother is going to have around on the weekends, the girl he believes is the daughter of the man he murdered.

I know long set up but man, this is an emotional one and also has some mystery to it as the last ep revealed some things about the girl.  I'm kind of intrigued but man this is definitely a difficult one and one not for everyone.

RperSeeker69

Manga, hmm. I can't say I have ever really finished a series. Right now I'm 37 mangas in with MHA, 27 mangas in with Edens Zero, 7 in with the Sailor Moon Naoko Takeuchi collection, 14 in with Seven Deadly Sins, and 20 in with Fairy Tail, and 6 in with Spy x Family, and I have like some yuri I am reading as well. Marchen Awakens Romance I read online but I never finished my collection of them. I do have some Bleach and oh I am reading Fire Force and Jujutsu Kaisen. I guess I am a bit everywhere really. 

I'd say I am invested in yuri overall.