Tentacle Monsters Invade Kagemusha [NC. Exotic]

Started by steelsmiter, April 14, 2014, 10:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vercile

Perhaps we could have a joint game? Say through the games people drop out, characters die or simply become incubators (And pass on becoming Monsters). Survivors of each of the games group up for a finale. Just a suggestion.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Frozen Star on April 22, 2014, 09:29:35 AM
Perhaps we could have a joint game? Say through the games people drop out, characters die or simply become incubators (And pass on becoming Monsters). Survivors of each of the games group up for a finale. Just a suggestion.
Yeah, that's the obvious route. No matter what, in every game you find people that claim they're interested and suddenly don't post. Also, shit tends to happen. People lose interest, or lose characters. Doesn't mean anyone should be left hanging because several party members have quit or died.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Muse

Quote from: steelsmiter on April 21, 2014, 05:38:22 PM
Oh hey, another change of plans (I'm a fickle bastard I know): I've got enough interest from people coming in from off site I'm considering just running a second group!

*smiles* 

Awesome.  I'm dozing right now and have to be up in five hours, but I'll pitch you a shrine maiden today or tomorrow.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

steelsmiter

Quote from: Muse on April 22, 2014, 11:39:18 AM
*smiles* 

Awesome.  I'm dozing right now and have to be up in five hours, but I'll pitch you a shrine maiden today or tomorrow.  :)
Alright... Take care to note the tone of the game :D. A goody-goody purist is debatably... incongruous. Oh and feel free to invent your own god much like our resident monk.

OOC is up! Link in the first post
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

steelsmiter

Emi Shimazu is approved as a 197 point character because defects were exceeded by 3 points.

Everyone approved past this point is in Group 2.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zeth

I decided to quit being such  a Nancy boy and embrace being ravaged by tentacles in RP. I will submit a character sheet tomorrow.

steelsmiter

Alright Nancy. I've split the game into 2 groups due to significantly increased interest. No one in group 2 has finished a sheet ;D
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

steelsmiter

Also, a heads up, because people have been pretty much exclusively submitting humans: I'm permitting the races I added to character creation guidelines (but custom made elves are subject to approval on a case by case basis).
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zeth

steelsmiter

Quote from: Zeth on April 30, 2014, 01:10:51 PM
What? No Nekojin? Curses.
I'm kind of on the fence about them. I don't personally like them, but I'm willing to concede that they're thematically relevant. So... sure. Make a Nekojin if you want.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

steelsmiter

Plus I always forget that Nekojin means something like cat girl or cat person or whatever, and if it were written like that in English, I'd probably allow it just for knowing what it is immediately, and not having to dig through my buried memories.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zeth

Well the Japanese use cat people in fantasy settings/games instead of hobbits/haflings. I theorize this is because they hate fat midgets, but I could be wrong.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Zeth on April 30, 2014, 03:08:00 PMI theorize this is because they hate fat midgets, but I could be wrong.
I consider that a true story. On the other hand, there's practicality. The RL animal is particularly stealthy. Maybe they just don't see the fat midget (no offense to LPs) also being particularly stealthy. Too fat and such. I'll state though, I'm told that indoors, I'm suprisingly skilled at sneaking up on people. Not so much outdoors.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

MistressVoluptas

Quote from: Zeth on April 30, 2014, 03:08:00 PM
Well the Japanese use cat people in fantasy settings/games instead of hobbits/haflings. I theorize this is because they hate fat midgets, but I could be wrong.

They have plenty of other short characters like Tanuki or faeries, and imps XD

If anything I think we use too many hobbits because of the huge influence Tolkien had popular culture.

steelsmiter

Quote from: MistressVoluptas on April 30, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
They have plenty of other short characters like Tanuki or faeries, and imps XD

If anything I think we use too many hobbits because of the huge influence Tolkien had popular culture.
Very true.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zeth

So the Miko template you suggested. Is the Dynamic powers thing okay? I have no real idea how that works.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Zeth on April 30, 2014, 05:32:04 PM
So the Miko template you suggested. Is the Dynamic powers thing okay? I have no real idea how that works.
If it would make you more comfortable, you can trade it for Power Flux. That's more easy to manage anyway. And it's cheaper, so you have more to spend elsehwere.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zeth

I suck balls at making characters. Just make me a character and I will play it steelsmiter.

MistressVoluptas

Quote from: Zeth on May 01, 2014, 05:27:40 PM
I suck balls at making characters. Just make me a character and I will play it steelsmiter.

You could just copy my character, switch up the backstory a bit and change the name if you'd like Crabcakes ;)

steelsmiter

Ok, thing is, I don't make characters for players, because it invites accusations of doing things in a way different than the player wanted, and I've seen it bring about accusations of favoritism (not saying anyone in this thread would, but the risk is there). Also, creating a character is a work of love. If I were to create a character it would really be my character, and not yours. But I'm not the one playing the character, so I haven't really gained much benefit of making it. In addition to the possibility that someone might not like it down the road. Not much reward considering the risk.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zeth

Damn, then I go back to being a Nancy boy.

steelsmiter

Alright, just so you know it's nothing personal.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zeth

Quote from: steelsmiter on May 01, 2014, 07:09:04 PM
Alright, just so you know it's nothing personal.

I understand what you said about characters being personal and making a character for another person has a ton of pitfalls. I agree with your assessment and have no hard feelings.

steelsmiter

There's a post up in group 1 and I understand there's going to be some new characters soon,
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

GunmetalDreamer

Character NameKanako Nanbu
RaceHuman
Age23
Height5'3"
Weight122lbs
GenderFemale
Description:     Kanako is a lithe young woman, standing 5'3" and moving with perfect poise and balance in all things.  A toned body and whip-like reflexes show the results of a lifetime of physical training, however it's also readily apparent that she takes careful care of her physical appearance as well as her waist length blue hair maintains a healthy luster and falls in a graceful ponytail with no apparent snags to it.  Her eyes are the same crystalline blue as her cousins, though there are times when the warmth bleeds out of them and the turn cold and hard like ice.

Kanako prefers to dress to show off, proud of her full bosom, trim body, and flared hips.  She normally wears a ribbon in her hair tied into a bow to gather the long tresses into a ponytail, and is particularly fond of skirts and bare midriffs, though she'll likely have to make due with what she can find in 1600's Kagemusha.  It's rare for her to be seen without an easy smile, her eyes bright and wide with innocense as she speaks in a cutesy pattern.  It's probably best not to take her at face value though, given that she's every bit as happy chopping creatures up into tiny pieces as she is engaging in small talk.  Actually, she's probably happier during battle.
Total Points:    200

Size:            Medium
Stats
Body: (7) Mind: (3) Soul: (5)

ACV 5 (8 Unarmed)
DCV 5 (8 Unarmed)
Sexual ACV 9
Sexual DCV 9
Damage Multiplier 5
HP 60
EN 40
LR 45

AttributeRanksCostNotes
Combat Technique   9  18Blind Fighting, Brutalx2, Critical Strike, Deflection, Lethal Blow, Lightning Reflexes, Multiple Targets, Steady Hand
Melee Attack   3   9
Melee Defense   3   9
Special Movement   3   6Balance, Fast, Wall-Bouncing
Jumping   1   2
Features   2   2Appearance, Prepare Dead Monsters for Safe Consumption
Special Defense   1   2Resistant (+6) to Corruption

Skill NameRanksCostSpecialty/Notes
Acrobatics    1   2Tumbling
Domestic Arts    1   2Cooking
Language    1   1Chinese
Medical    1   2Tentacle Attack Treatment
Seduction    1   3Physical
Wilderness Survival    1   2Plains

Defects:
Easily Distracted (Exotic Food, A Good Fight, Places That Will Endure 400+ Years); -3
     Despite being on a time-traveling mission to save all mankind, Kanako has a certain flightiness to her that threatens to extend the length of their mission significantly.  Given her life time of martial arts training, it's not particularly surprising that Kanako is a fight enthusiast.  Whether she's enjoying the prospect of a challenging match up for herself, or simple watching a couple of experienced warriors go at it, there's always something new to be learned in the field of combat.  Kanako is a seasoned world traveler with a broad pallet who loves sampling new foods (a passion that lead to her pioneering the field of cooking and eating tentacle beasts), and when presented with a savory plate of some strange new food she's hard pressed to turn it down.  Similarly, Kanako's history as something as a perennial tourist has given her an appreciation for old, historic buildings.  The chance to see some of them when they're still fresh and new, or even under construction, is probably the part of time traveling she's most excited about.

-Ism (Foreigner); -4
     Despite her split heritage, Kanako is a Chinese national and doesn't quite subscribe to the same social moors as Japan even in her own century.  The fact that she uses a modern dialect as the basis for her Japanese doesn't do her any favors either ... though, surprisingly, it isn't quite a severe a drift as one would expect.

Less Capable (-2 Self Discipline); -1
     Kanako is a cheerful young woman, fearless and inured to pain ... but the one thing she never learned how to do is say "no" to herself.  She has a real tendency to put her own needs and interests first, even when it would interfere with more important things.

Tentacle Magnet; -2
     Kanako's experiments in cooking and eating monsters of all kinds has given  her a great deal of resistance to their corruptive influence, but it hasn't been entirely without side effects.  Her body chemistry has shifted subtly, her natural odor resembling that used by tentacle monsters to indicate they're ready to copulate.  No amount of perfume or washing can seem to reduce this effect, but then, the odor isn't really detectible to humans in the first place, so how would she know to try and cover it up?  In the overrun future, she never noticed ... but perhaps in the past, the fact that slimy creatures keep oozing out of the shadows to take a shot at her will become more apparent.

Background:
In the far flung future of 2019, the world is thrown into upheavel and chaos.  Their sinister motives concealed from mankind by a smokescreen of political and corperate maneuvaring, a coalition of cultists and mutant human-tentacle beast hybrids succeeded in destroying the ancient seals that kept them largely bound in the earth since the 1600's.  With literal centuries of unchecked breeding having taken place underground, the newly freed lustful creatures erupted into the world in numbers too great to be contained.  For years, mankind has been embroiled in a desperate battle to preserve its way of life against an onslaught of frenzied sexual beasts ... but, they have held back the tide long enough for a single glimmering hope to emerge.

Shutsuga Ran succeeded in doing the impossible, reconstructing a mysterious time machine found during the event of the Great Kagemusha Exorcism.  Though it would require an exorbitant amount of power, they would send two chrononauts backwards through the timestream to the last time salacious spirits had sought to reduce mankind to its play things, and hopefully exterminate the creatures wholly this time, or at least return with the secret of the seals used to trap them in the first place.  As Ran was the only one capable of using or repairing the time machine, she was an obvious candidate for the operation.  However, since they could bring back no materials that might cause a paradox, a guardian who was a master of ancient weapons was needed.  The Head of Nanbu Dojo was approached for the job, and though she refused to quit the field, she did forward another name.

In a calmer age, Nanbu Kanako was the illegitimate daughter of Nanbu Osamu, a wandering vagrant who traveled the world honing his combat skills in a bid to become the strongest under heaven.  The man was no priest though, as he traveled the world he nursed a broken heart with no small amount of alchohol and good company.  Kanako was the result of a particularly lengthy affair in the lowland of South China, the man stuck around long enough to give her a name but rather than raise her properly he disappeared a few months after her birth.  Her mother, unable to support the child alone, wound up giving her up into the care of a group of warrior monks who instructed her in the way of wushu, though no amount of discipline was able to calm the anger in her heart from being abandoned.  She ran away from the old monks when she heard of a tournament in Tokyo for a no-restrictions battle tournament, hoping that she could catch her father there.  Instead of fighting the old man, however, she found only the rough-edged heir to Nanbu Dojo, Katsumi.  In the aftermath, the girl trailed her kin back to Kagemusha and proceeded to make a proper pest of herself.

She may hide it better than the rest of her family, but Kanako is every bit the battlemaniac the rest of her family is, and as an inheritor of both Wushu and the Nanbu dojo's eclectic mixed martial arts style the prospect of only having access to centuries-old weapons technology doesn't worry Kanako at all.  She stands ready and willing to protect Ran against the worst the ancient world has to throw at them ... well ... that's the theory anyway.