The Next Generation

Started by Lady Jenn, September 06, 2017, 02:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawshenk

Gerri stormed out the hut and flew home in tears her mum looked at star " we can't help the corp we need a new one. Corp 2.0 and we need the public's support"

Lady Jenn

"I refuse to believe there is no-one worth saving in the Corps," Sky said. "Carreyra has made a life of hiding in plain sight, people could genuinely believe they are doing good without realising what he's really doing."

"There may be another option," Yuri said after a few moments. "They hid it from all of you, I only know this because I still have contacts within the FSB. Certain Europeans took exception to what they saw as America...dominating public superheroes. So, in private, they formed their own version of the Corps, if I remember right they named it the Star Brigade. Last I heard they had officially disbanded but remained in contact in secret, I know how to contact at least one member of the team, I suspect if they believe I and Lady Night believe it is a good idea they are more likely to be open to helping us. And then there's this...Cypher figure, maybe we could convince him to step out of the shadows."

Lawshenk

Gerri's mum looked at him " you want a Ryder cup of hero's?." She was shocked that could lead to cold war 2 you know that " she was a little angey

Lady Jenn

"What option do we have?" Yuri asked, looking between Sky and Lady Night. "Even if Sky is right, we have no way of safely ascertaining who can be trusted in the Corps, at least not without blowing their cover. And without them and the Brigade..." He closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Sky, you know the state of the heroes better than me, can we do it without the Brigade?"

"If we were to have the best case scenario for what Carreyra has at his command?" Sky asked. "We might, but the death toll would be heavy. Worst case? We won't go close to Carreyra, he only prizes powers that can harm, he will have guards trained to stop anyone who approaches him."

Lawshenk

Lady night sighed " we need the mystics then like gerri's friend the mermaid they are magical and not super powered so his powers aren't as effective on them I can find the mermaid and see who she can find and also what effect does his powers have on non powered? "

Lady Jenn

"Mystics would be good," Sky said. "Any help we can get increases the chance we can win."

"His powers?" Yuri said, trying to think. "If I remember the stories, it was said he could bend the minds of the weakest to doing his bidding. Those who believed superpowers were real feared the stories he had manipulated the locals in Italy into not realising he was stockpiling a massive cache of weapons and a chemical weapon he tried to use to blackmail the world."

Lawshenk

Sky smiled "I will get us a team ready for the launch” she left contacting mymi

Lady Jenn

"I'll try my friend in the Brigade," Yuri said, heading towards the door.

"They'll never get here in time," Sky said, standing gingerly. "Even if they're suited up already that's a considerable distance to travel."

"With the greatest of respect old friend," Yuri said, offering his arm to lean on. "We are not going with you in this state, besides our friends will need to be briefed on what to expect, our old...'friend' is not a person you want to face unprepared."

Lawshenk

A week later Gerri her Mum, team and group off 50 or mystics turn up her Mum walks in “ they are mostly low powered mystics but we  are here.” She looked at him we are ready even if your hut is too small for us all”

Lady Jenn

"I spoke to the Brigade," Yuri said. "Well, I spoke to the one I consider and old friend anyway, he basically told me to tell me when and where and he'll be there. I think we've got all the help we're going to get, at least that we can be SURE we will anyway."

"Maybe I can," came an unfamiliar voice from the door. A figure clad in dark blue armour was stood by the door, their appearance almost entirely obscured. "For my own safety I'm not sure if I can tell you all my real name, but you...Yuri especially...would know me as Cypher." The figure's last comment elicited a gasp from Clint and Sky, although Yuri seemed almost amused.

Lawshenk

Gerri smiled “ cypher ?” Sounds familiar have we worked together?”

Lady Jenn

"Unlikely," Cypher replied. "I have been in...hiding for some time, even now revealing my true identity would risk too many innocent lives, hence my choice of alter-ego."

"Are you the Cypher Yuri and my son Azanti were in contact with?" Sky asked.

"I am," Cypher replied. "If I could go back and save Azanti's life I would have done so. I have known about Carreyra's presence in the Corps for some considerable time."

"Why not go to Sky and tell him?" Yuri asked, bewildered. "Think how many lives could've been saved by warning us."

"Because Cypher couldn't prove it," Clint said before Cypher could reply. "I'm right aren't I? If Carreyra's been hiding in the Corps since they defeated him in Sicily the man isn't going to be stupid enough to leave a paper trail just anyone could find. So how did you know?"

"Someone...close to me died some time ago," Cypher replied. "The police version of events was they took their own life but...something felt wrong to me. Their note claimed they had been talking to someone called Darkspider before they died."

"Fucking hell," Yuri said, before looking embarrassed. "Excuse my language, but Darkspider...when the KGB were tracking Carreyra before Sicilly...that was his alter-ego."

Lawshenk

Getting looked at him " I am sure we've meet " she said shyly

Lady Jenn

"Let a man have his peace," Sky said with a sigh. "If he has to protect people he has a right to anonymity."

"But Cypher isn't a man," Clint said, feeling suddenly embarrassed. "I don't know how I know but...you're a woman aren't you?"

"I had hoped I at least managed to protect that about me," Cypher replied with a laugh. "That is one of the reasons my true identity would put people at risk. Azanti discovered by accident and..." Cypher fell silent for a moment. "I will not have you risk your lives for my sake."

Lawshenk

"We need a real plan we need to at least know each other's powers" surgeusted gerri

Lady Jenn

"I may have a way in," Cypher said, her hands glowing slightly before their surroundings changed, finding themselves outside a small cottage, with Luna suddenly stood in front of them.

"Luna?" Clint asked, confused. "I thought...I thought you were dead?"

"It is still me," Cypher replied. "I can make anyone see what I wish them to, but unlike our enemy I only use mine for good. I could make Carreyra's men see whatever we require."

Lawshenk

" seems to easy" said gerri

Lady Jenn

"Carreyra is no fool," Yuri said. "He'll see through our disguises in no time at all."

"We don't need HIM to believe it," Sky said, grinning as he realised Cypher's plan. "We only need his guards to, and if they could see through psychic camouflage that easily he wouldn't have managed to infiltrate the Corps in the first place. Geri, I don't suppose you know someone who could put a lot of people into a deep sleep easily? I'd rather not kill people unless we have no choice in the matter."

Lawshenk

" Mymmi, has mermaids song " she smiled " might need salt water for a large number though!"

Lady Jenn

"I know where I can find that," Yuri said. "I understand your reluctance to start a Cold War, but one of the Star Brigade...I don't remember her alter-ego, but her name is Elizabeth, she can change saltwater to fresh and back, she used to joke it felt like the least useful superpower ever created but it might be what we need in this situation."

Lawshenk

Mymi walked in "h20 girl we've worked together"

Lady Jenn

"I'm not sure what else we need," Sky said, scratching his chin thoughtfully. "I suppose as much variety of powers as possible, better safe than sorry."

"Could Geri and I have a few moments?" Cypher asked, breathing a sigh of relief the others left the room without asking any questions. "I must admit you're one of the few I would show my true face to," she said, removing her helmet to reveal a blonde-haired woman a couple of years younger than Geri, a nasty scar running across one cheek. "I...I loved you once, many years ago, even though I knew I could never compete with Sky, not after..." She put a hand to her scar, wincing slightly. "The one Carreyra killed...she was the only other woman I ever loved, when I realised he was back I went into hiding, determined to find some way to stop him without allowing someone else to die because of something I did."

Lawshenk

Gerri was a little confused, " you've been in my coffee shop right? I brought it from you?"'she was scared " you love me ?"

Lady Jenn

"Occasionally yes," she said, placing her helmet on the bed. "The battle that gave me this scar...most of the Corps thought it killed me, there's no reason you would have been looking for me. You probably barely remember me. They called me Pyre, because of my other power." She took off one glove, which was momentarily surrounded by flame before it vanished again. "I thought you were beautiful the first time I met you, but...I never had the confidence to tell you, then Sky came along, then..." She looked at the floor, a tear falling from her eye. "Everyone needs me as Cypher, no-one wants me as me."

Lawshenk

Gerri hugged her " I always like blondes " she admitted " the scar  I have seen it before "