Infernal Devices Rp, letsxflyy & Cheshure

Started by Cheshure, July 16, 2017, 04:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheshure

Oren Kinsley stopped in front of the store front to catch his hair, using the lights from the street lamps to make sure every hair was in place, not that it would stay that way. His suit was also impeccable, the lapels straight and suspenders tight under his grey coat. Before he moved away from the glass he flashed his teeth at himself, his best smirk at the ready. They weren't as long as a vampire, just long enough to be found intriguing. The smirk died away as he heard a shrill sound echo down the alleys'. The glass now reflected a curious and hard look, something out of place on a face so human. Oren couldn't tell if it was a scream from a woman... or something else, but judging by the way it instinctively caused hairs to rise on his arms it wasn't anything good.
Oren moved with a grace also out of place on his frame, his footfalls unnaturally silent as he glided over the rough ground. The sound repeated itself a couple times, more like a shrill hiss than a scream like he'd originally thought and he eventually tracked it to a bare warehouse across the street, empty for the night. There was something in the air that made his skin tingle, like darkness skittering over his skin. Oren's grey eyes were sharp, looking for any movement to give him the source of the noises he was hearing. The sounds of a scuffle grew louder until he turned a corner deep in the belly of the warehouse and spotted it. A heavenly battle, a light haired angel fighting against the forces of evil concentrated in a beastly and folded form. Upon closer inspection, he realised he was off just slightly, as the angel whirled her sleeve raised to reveal heavy and black runes, shadow hunter. It explained the demon currently snarling at her. It was bleeding from multiple wounds, black ichor staining the floor. Oren watched as her blade sank into the ghastly beast, further enraging it.
With an inhuman screech, it rapidly turned, tossing the girl from its back in a flash of bright hair and black blood. Oren couldn't have stopped himself if he wanted, instincts driving him forward to attack the scaly demon as it rose on its hindquarters and toward above her. Before it could come crashing down Oren lunged and hit it near its head, thing fingers finding purchase as he attacked with the only thing he had, his teeth. He regretted it almost instantly, but his sharp incisors did the job of tearing through tough flesh, hot and sour blood flooding his mouth. "Run!" He snarled as the beast tried to claw at him, its claws tearing through its own skin as it tried to grab his nimble body. Fire laced through his side as he was grabbed and batted off. He couldn't see the woman around the black beasts' muscled skin.

(Here ya go, I know it's a little choppy, but I tried ^ ^)

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread
Feel free to check out the links above! I am not the newest to Elliquiy, but it has been a while since I've been active so all I ask for is patience. If you are roleplaying with me and I don't respond in a couple of days, feel free to poke me,  Roleplay is a wonderful hobby I love, but in the end, it is, in fact, a hobby.

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

Evangeline double checked her gear before heading out the front steps of the Institute. She quickly drew the glamour rune on her arm as she made her way to the last crime scene, where a mundane went missing. early a week ago. Part of her wondered why this was even under the jurisdiction of the Clave, but any excuse to get out on the field was good enough for her.

She wandered Hyde Park, almost bored as she watched the families and couples picnic and lounge around. Her eye caught something near the edge of the park and upon inspection, she found it to be demon's blood. Just then, she felt someone watching her. Instinct told her it wasn't any of the mundanes enjoying their afternoon since none of them could see her so she straightened herself and wiped all emotion from her face. She walked away from the park and towards the nearest alley, where she pulled the seraph blade from her side and quickly whispered "Ezekiel." Warmth enfolded her as the blade lit up.

A hissing approached, getting louder by the second, and she readied herself for a fight. When it rounded the corner, Eve charged. After merely a few minutes, her sleeves were deteriorating from ichor and she was forced to cut them off before they reached her skin. She charged it once more and was surprised to find it learning how to fight back. It tossed her over its her and she landed on the harshly on the ground, all the air leaving her body. She pushed herself onto her knees as she watched in horror as the thing rose in front of her, sure she was about to die.

Out of nowhere, a figure jumped out and she was able to get away from the creature's reach. She was about to listen to the man's order to run when some voice in her mind told her to turn around and fight. There's no way the thing could fight two of then at the same time. She grabbed another blade from her belt and charged the creature, still distracted by Oren, aiming for where she assumed its heart to be. She jammed it into it's skin as black blood shot out, narrowly missing her bare hands.

As the creature crumbled to the ground and disappeared in a pile of ash, she drew a healing rune on a bare patch of her skin. With a look up to thank whoever it was that saved her life, her stomach sank. Something was definitely wrong.

Cheshure

(Hey, congrats on the join, ma Lady ;) )

Relief flooded Oren's system as the beast started to fold in on itself, its final screech still echoing around his head as it disappeared. As soon as he was sure he was out of danger Oren turned so he was on his hands and knees and started to spit and gag. He was disgusted by the sour taste of the blood and the hot feel of it on his lips and chin. He wasn't sure what would happen if he swallowed, but he definitely didn't want to find out. Oren continued to cough and desperately wished for some water. When he was positive he got as much of the blood out of his mouth as he could, he turned to look at the woman hovering above him.
"Not the best of first meetings, but I do hope I made a good impression." Oren flashed the woman a weak grin, canines on display. He was well aware of the ichor stinging his skin. His heritage must've protected him ever so slightly, otherwise, his skin would've been gone. Oren moved to push himself off the ground so he could shake her hand, but before he got far his limbs gave out, pain shooting through his side. Oren's eyes were wide as his mouth opened in a silent oh, the sudden pain was incredible, causing black to swirl around the edges of his vision. He hadn't paid any attention to his side, figuring the dark stain was ichor, but upon closer inspection, there were two different colours. The dark black of the demon's blood, and the bright red of his.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread
Feel free to check out the links above! I am not the newest to Elliquiy, but it has been a while since I've been active so all I ask for is patience. If you are roleplaying with me and I don't respond in a couple of days, feel free to poke me,  Roleplay is a wonderful hobby I love, but in the end, it is, in fact, a hobby.

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

( Thanks so much! )

The woman watched in horror as the man before her spit and coughed up black blood, momentarily too shocked to do anything but stare. When he spoke, Eve seemed to snap out of it and finally moved to help him.

"I... um... you're side..." she muttered incoherently before he stumbled and she carefully laid him out on the ground. "You're going to be alright," she said softly but urgently as she checked the wound on his side. "Stay conscious, alright? I need you to stay awake."

With that, she got up and ran out of the alley, looking for some water. Without exactly thinking too much of it, she grabbed a pitcher and a cup from one of the unsupervised picnic blankets and made her way back to him. She poured him some water and held it up to his lips, holding his head so he can drink. Her mind raced, trying to figure out what to do since she couldn't just leave him here and her runes may very well kill the man. When a idea came to mind, she bit her lip and spoke as gently as she could. "Do you think you can walk? I can help you, but I can't do it alone."

Cheshure

"I couldn't tell." Oren's head was spinning, his eyes squeezing shut for a couple seconds as he was guided to the ground. The woman disappeared for a minute, or two, he couldn't tell. When she came back with a pilfered pitcher and cup he was propped back up on his elbows. Oren nodded his thanks and took the cup, he didn't swallow though, turning his head to the side so he could swish and spit. He needed to get the rest of the blood out of his mouth first. When his mouth was relatively ichor free he took a sip of the water. "Walking... I can, but it will have to wait a second." he pulled at his shirt and coat, breath stuttering out between his lips as he peeled the shirt away from his skin.
"I need... To rinse the ichor off... Bad if they touch." It was hard to string words together, his mind both incredibly sharp and stupidly thick at the same time. Oren hissed loudly as the water passed over his skin, it stung like acid.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

She nodded and set to work rinsing his skin of the black liquid starting to cause burns. She winced when he hissed, but blocked it all out until she was relatively sure he was no longer covered in either forms of blood. Then she cleaned and ripped what was left of his shirt to form bandages and covered up the wound on his side, hoping it'll keep him from bleeding too much until they got to the Institute.

With a sigh of relief, she looked at him and smiled just a tiny bit. "I'm afraid I can't treat this here. Are you alright to walk now or do you need another moment?" she asked softly. Now that the immediate danger was gone and neither of them were in danger of dying, she was able to think much clearer.

Cheshure

Oren's eyes were tightly squeezed shut as the woman temporarily patched him up. "I would like another moment, but I should start walking now or I'll stay here," Oren answered truthfully, mentally preparing himself for getting up. Much like before it felt like he was being ripped apart, and he silently cursed the demon. "Lead the way shadow hunter." He muttered, trying his hardest to focus on walking and not pulling the lady over in an unbecoming manner. At least he hadn't screamed in front of her, barely preserving the appearance of his manhood.
Oren was slightly surprised she was helping him, yes he saved her life, but it had to have been obvious he wasn't mundane. Most people at first glance thought him to be a vampire, but his canines weren't quite that long. The half-fey's brain was working mysteriously, the most random of items catching his attention as he stumbled through the streets, leaning rather heavily on his companion. One second he was focused on the light glancing off the damp street, the next his attention was caught by a fluttering bug, or the curve of his companion's waist.
"Are you injured or am I just ruining your clothing?" Oren asked, noting the damp gleaming of blood on her side.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

Eve nodded and helped him to his feet, patiently waiting until he could support enough of his weight that she wouldn't have to practically carry him. When they started to walk, she was slightly surprised he addressed her by "shadowhunter." It wasn't every day that a downworlder willingly accepted help from one of them, even if he wasn't completely one. Her mind worked quickly, thinking of which path would get them to the Institute fastest and how to dodge any unassuming mundanes. She was so lost in thought that his words barely registered in her muddled mind.

She looked over at him, a confused expression on her dainty face, before looking down at her own waist. At the sight of blood, her body finally responded to the pain of the wound. It took everything she had to tear her eyes away and back on the streets. "Don't worry about me right now. I can fix that up as soon as we get there," she said quickly as they made the final turn.

A few minutes later, they were climbing up the steps of the Institute and pushing the doors open. Eve called for help and within moments, men and women came down the steps and helped them both to the infirmary. At her insistence, the man was seen to first. She made sure he was properly bandaged and healing before she even let anyone take a look at her. Finally, they laid her down in one of the beds and inspected the wound. It didn't seem too deep, from what she could tell, but when Will drew an iratze on her stomach, she couldn't help the whimper that escaped her mouth at the searing pain.

"Demon's blood," she heard murmured through the haze of her mind as she started to lose consciousness. She was about to say something, but before she could even form the words in her head, the darkness overcame her.

She woke a couple hours later with a bandage wrapped around her waist and fresh clothes laying beside her bed. She winced as she stood, then pulled the sheet around her so she could change. When she was finally decent, she checked on the man a few beds over. Finding he was still asleep, she went to her room to clean herself up. She returned not long after, her hair pinned half up, letting some of the blond locks hang around her shoulders, and her face clear of ash, blood, and dust.

Cheshure

Oren didn't think that he would ever be relieved to see the infamous London Institute in the flesh, but he was. His head was swimming and he could barely support himself, so the refuge was welcome. Normally he would've made some quip about being let into the institute but he just couldn't think of anything to say. It seemed like it took mere seconds after they walked in for people to flood the space around them. It probably wasn't as many people as he thought, but his pain addled mind wouldn't fully comprehend the faces of different people around. Before he knew it he was being passed off to someone more capable of holding him up, from there on out it was just a blur. He was in a hallway, then being pressed onto a bed. He recalled the sting of the needle and someone cursing under their breath. The face escaped him, but he remembered calling them 'shiny'.

Everything after that was a blank, as soon as his body realised he was out of danger Oren was dragged down into a deep and dreamless sleep. He stayed that way for the rest of the night and most of the next day. When Oren finally did wake, it was with slow and unhurried blinks, grey eyes studying the ceiling to the infirmary with an intense level of concentration.

Oren's body jerked as he the memory of the last night hit him, a groan falling from his lips as he rapidly sat up. Adrenaline coursed through his veins as he remembered the hissing beast and the searing pain in his side. It still ached like nothing he'd ever known, but not nearly as bad as last night. Oren was so busy trying to catalogue the jumbled thoughts and feelings from both the present and the night before he didn't even notice the other person in the room. He visibly jumped when they spoke up, his eyes widening for a second.

"You just saved me from Death's door, are you already trying to put me back on?" He asked, eyebrow arching perfectly as he raised it. He didn't have trouble admitting that the shadow hunter saved him, he wouldn't owe her a life debt since she'd been saved by him first. Which meant she wouldn't owe him a life debt either, mother would be disappointed he saved a shadow hunter without getting anything in return.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

The girl, sitting in the chair half asleep, jumped out of her seat when he did. Her striking blue eyes, suddenly wide awake and alert, stared back at him in surprise as she sat back down and assumed a relaxed, if slightly formal, position. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you... I just wanted to make sure you were alright," she said by way of explanation.

She'd sat there the whole night and most of the day, her meals brought to her though she did not have much stomach for it. Sometime in the early morning, they tried the iratze once more but found no effect yet, so she still wore the bandages under her dress to keep from soaking it in blood. Throughout her time waiting for him to wake, she distracted herself with theories of why he saved her and why she saved him in return. Even now, she had no idea.

"Um, I wanted to thank you for saving my life yesterday. I'm not quite sure why, though... Do you... know where you are?"

Cheshure

"Don't thank me. We're even." Oren's mother would once again frown, a favour was a powerful thing no matter where it came from. But. she had saved him just moments after his rescue of her, instantly paying back the life debt. The half fey looked at his side as she spoke again, reaching for the buttons on the shirt someone had dressed him in so he could see. He could feel the thick bandages squeezing his torso, but he wanted to see.

"I assume I'm at the Institute. We... walked here, yes?" Oren asked, buttoning up the shirt once more as his curiosity was sated. He slowly shifted his position, moving carefully so he was leaning back against the bed's metal head board. He glanced around the infirmary, taking note of the pictures lining the walls and dark decor. Very shadowhunter. "When can I leave?" Oren asked suddenly, turning towards her and raising an eyebrow. While he was capable of taking care of himself, he was injured. And a downworlder in a shadowhunter Institute? They were just asking for an unfortunate accident'

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

Eve nodded to answer his first question, watching him check on his bandages with the same attention as if he were a rabid animal. A part of her knew it was wrong, that he was not likely to lash out at her or anyone else in the Institute, but all her years of training to hold downworlders with the utmost suspicion got the better of her. "I suppose you could leave whenever you'd like, but I would advise against it. You are not a prisoner here, ... ?" she trailed off, realizing he never gave his name. "I'm sorry, what did you say your name was?"

She stood up and walked to the table behind her that held a tray of food and tea. She brought it over to him and laid it on the bed within his reach. Without a word, she took the stele from the tray and put it back in her right boot, promising herself she'd try the healing rune once more after he either left or settled in until he was better.

Cheshure

Oren ran the tip of his tongue over his top lip, glancing between her and the door. He fought the urge to pull his legs to his chest in an incredibly child-like move. He didn't want to seem weak, and it would contort his middle painfully. When he was offered the food he happily grabbed the tray, face lighting up. "Oh." He wasn't expected to get fed, but he definitely wouldn't protest. Between rapid bites he offered up his name. "Oren." He didn't give a last name, his mother's and species rules ringing in his head. He relaxed as he ate, the food in his stomach making him much happier. He glanced up at the girl, taking the time to look her over. "You look better when you aren't splattered in blood and ichor, Missus...?" He asked, flashing her a smile and his canines. Oren was surprised she hadn't asked him what he was. How polite.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

She squirmed a bit under his gaze and turned her attention elsewhere. Her cheeks turned pink at the small, rather odd, compliment. "Wayland. Evangeline Wayland," she said after a moment. "Please, call me Eve. And thank you. That's very kind of you to say."

She bit her lip, wanting to ask so many questions and yet not wanting to be rude. For one, his canines... how strange it was for them to be so long. And his aversion to giving whole answers; definitely a mark of the fey. With a small breath, she pushed then all to the back of her mind and resumed her roll as makeshift hostess. "Is there anything you require? Anything I can get you?" she asked politely.

Cheshure

Oren glanced at 'Eve' as she shifted on her feet, pink rising on her cheeks. "Stop thanking me, unless you're trying to owe me a favour." He raised an eyebrow as he met her gaze. When she asked if he required anything Oren shook his head, shifting so he could set the tray on the side table. He didn't want to be in her debt.

But on the other hand, he didn't want to stay here any longer than he could've. "Actually, could you be so inclined to show me a way out of here?" Oren moved to swing his feet over the edge of the bed. His shoes had been placed next to it. He noted that someone had changed his pants too, he wondered if they burned the clothes. "I would be... grateful ma' lady." He turned on the charm, his face sincere as he stared at her. He would owe her a small favour, but he would deal with it. He had no desire to get caught up in the Institute's fanatics. Rumours of recent events made him shiver.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

[ sorry i've been kind of busy ]

At his request, she turned a curious glance at him. Her expression turned concerned as it hit her that he wanted to leave though he hadn't completely healed. "Are you sure? I'm not sure that's terribly wise. You're more injured than I am," Eve said. And though her words were trying to get him to stay, she moved to the door, the shadowhunter in her still eager to make her life easier. It's better he leaves now. You know Will and Gabriel would be annoyed if he stayed much longer, the voice in her head reasoned.

"Do you at least have some way of treating yourself at home?" she asked him kindly. "I can probably find something here that will ease the pain, reduce inflammation, and the like."

Cheshure

[It's alright ^ ^]

Oren didn't answer her last question, eager to get out of the presence of shadowhunters. He scooted a little to the edge of the bed and prepared to stand up, sliding off. His feet hit the ground and he stood straight for a couple seconds before started to wobble, and from there on out it was all down hill. Literally. Pain lanced through his side and his knees buckled, hitting the ground seconds before his hands. The fall further jarred him and he gasped as his vision swam, white noise drowning out everything around him. The simple act of trying to keep himself balanced had proven too much for the new wound and had driven him to the ground.

Oren stayed hunched over on his hands and knees for a couple seconds, trying to figure out how to get air past the invisible beast squeezing his middle. Each laboured breath thundered in his ears and he could feel his heartbeat in the sting of his hands and knees. The suddenness of his new position had confused him. He'd never not been able to stand before, not due to injury anyway. Faery wine yes, but pain had never brought him to his knees.

With uncoordinated, almost frantic movements Oren scrambled backwards, letting out a huff as his back hit the bed frame and forced the hard won air out of his body with another pulse of pain. His hands grabbed for the bottom of his shirt, taking a few seconds longer than he wanted to to grip the hem and pull it up. He expected to see blood pouring out of his side, a huge gaping hole splitting him open as his life blood gushed out in rivers to stain the pale floor beneath him. But there was... nothing. the bandages stayed pristinely unmarred under his gaze and searching, shaking fingers. There was no blood, no hole to display his gleaming bones and bloody soul. Just... white. Oren couldn't really understand, his brain unable to place the source of his pain nestled under perfect pale bandages.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

Eve watched in shock as Oren crumpled to his knees, unable to support his own weight. "By the Angel," she whispered as she rushed over to him and helped him back into a sitting position on the bed. With one glance to make sure he wasn't bleeding through the bandages, she heaved a sigh of relief. "Are you alright?" It was kind of a stupid question, seeing as he collapsed upon trying to stand, but it was the first thing she thought to say.

After making sure he was stable, she went to the stand by the door and picked up the tea that was left for her, which was now cold. Without knowing exactly if it would work on a downworlder, she poured a cup of the herbal remedy and brought it to Oren. "It should help with the pain. And blood flow. Since apparently there's still demon blood in your system too. Not much to do except wait it out, I'm afraid."

Cheshure

Oren was still gently prodding his wounds by the time that Eve reached him. He swallowed thickly but allowed her to help her into the bed he'd been in just seconds ago. He didn't answer her question, instead stubbornly moving into a sitting position in the bed.

When Eve brought him a cup of... tea? He glanced at it suspiciously at first. "It isn't poisonous is it?" He asked. It was in his nature to be optimistic, despite the fact that she had just helped him off the floor and into the bed. With a cautious look, he slowly brought the cup to his lips and drank. His nose wrinkled at the taste but he dutifully drank all of it, if it helped him avoid that pain then he gladly drink whatever she offered. Demon blood, the thought made him cringe, thinking about something as foul as that inside him. Ugh?

"So I just have to sit here, until I can stand?" Trapped in a shadowhunter Insitute. If the demon blood didn't kill him, surely one of her companions would.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

"I suppose you have to sit there until you're able to walk, regardless whether there is any demon blood left in your system or not. It shouldn't kill you... we were treated pretty quickly after the attack, I think..." she said a little softly. Some of the details of the night before were still a bit of a blur and she couldn't be sure of how long it took them to get from the alley back to the Institute.

She shook her head, clearing it of such thoughts. What mattered was that they survived.

"Anyway, I can personally assure you of your safety for the duration of your stay. As far as they know, I owe you because you saved my life. They understand that debt, so they won't hurt you." She didn't know if that information set him at ease at all, but it was the most she could do at the moment. "Um, are you hungry, by any chance? Maybe I can get you something?"

Cheshure

Oren sighed and all but flopped back against the metal headboard. He studied Eve as she trailed off, her eyes glazing over for a second before she shook her head and turned back towards him. He had just eaten off the other tray of food, but he was still ravenous.

"Do you have any more fruit?" He asked, giving her a hopeful smile. "Anything sweet will do." The sugar couldn't do him any harm, and it might give him some energy. Despite her reassurances that the other shadowhunter's wouldn't harm him, being around them still made him nervous. Oren would try and get out of here as soon as possible, but until then he would just have to wait.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

"Of course, I'll grab some from the kitchens. I'll only be a few minutes," she responded, grateful for something to do.

She walked out the door and turned down a long hallway towards the kitchen. Her shoes echoed against the polished floors, the only noise heard against the walls. At first she thought this lack of noise was eerie, strange, but she grew used to the quiet after a while. It was always so noisy in Alicante, no matter where she would be. Here, she could had to try harder to keep her thoughts from straying too far, but at least she could pretend she were living a normal life at times.

As she entered the kitchen, Eve felt something in the air around her change. She wasn't quite sure what it was, but she knew better than to ignore her instincts. She grabbed a knife from one of the counters and kicked her heels off as she made her way to the main hallway. She heard the stranger before she saw him. He was muttering by the doorway, saying something repetitively in a way that sent shivers down her spine. It was that moment she knew she couldn't face him alone. Not without having healed completely.

She rang the alarm hidden behind one of the massive portraits then ran back to the infirmary as quietly as she could and closed the door behind her. Her eyes found Oren and remembered he couldn't walk yet before mentally cursing herself for not having looked for one of the others first.

Too late now, she said to herself as she went to one of the closets and pulled out a seraph blade. "There's someone in the Institute. You can't walk and I'm too weak to fight. We have to go."

Cheshure

Oren's eyes snapped up to Eve's as she burst into the door, her eyes wild and panicked as she kicked the door shut behind her. Immediately he tried to sit up, grinding his teeth as he thought about trying to walk about.

"What are we supposed to do? How do we get out?" He asked, looking from her to the door as she quickly scribbled some wards on them, or at least he assumed that they were runes. He had a favor he could call in but only if they got out of the range of the Institute. He told her as much as he looked around the room.

Oren pushed himself back to his feet, breath whistling between his teeth as they locked together against the pain radiating from his middle. He stumbled and had to lean against the nightstand but he waved off her helping hand.

"Prepared, I'm prepared this time." He murmured, trying to stand tall despite the fact that his face had paled completely. He shook as he started to move towards a stain glass window.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure

letsxflyy

She searched the room as soon as she finished the wards and hesitated only when he tried to get up on his own, thinking to help him. When he waved her off, she bit her lip and continued her search. "We can't go out the window. You might break your legs. If I could just..." She knocked on a wooden panel then another. "If I could just find the door... There's supposed to be one in most infirmaries, in case the injured need to be transported during an emergency. I just haven't been here long enough to know exactly where..."

On her last knock, a hollow sound came from the other side and she smiled, drawing the open rune on the wall. It opened to reveal stairs descending into a dark passageway. With a small flick of her wrist, she drew a light rune on her hand and motioned for him to follow her. "We shouldn't have to go too far before we can call for help. Can you make it?"

Cheshure

Oren paused as she started feeling up to walls, watching her randomly tap and press on the panels until a part of the wall popped open. Color him surprised. With a deep breath, Oren started after her, almost wishing for a cane to walk with. But he could manage, he wasn't some weakling, he was a fey. Even so, he was grateful when he was able to lean against the damp walls of the passageway.

"I can make it, we just need to keep moving." If he allowed himself to stop he wasn't sure that he would be able to move forward again. "I can summon my friend once we are outside the confines of the Institute." Oren wasn't particularly happy to call upon this favour, Elivine was a powerful fey, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

O&O's
Pinterest Idea Board
Plot's/Craving Thread

~Cheshure