News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SinXAzgard21, November 19, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falanor

Your Bioware profile that is linked to your 360 profile uploads information to their server which you then go on to the Keep and confirm the things you did in the game (or even alter them if you'd like) and tell it to send that information to your DA:I game. It's still carrying your history through to the new game.

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 22, 2014, 12:53:35 PM
Your Bioware profile that is linked to your 360 profile uploads information to their server which you then go on to the Keep and confirm the things you did in the game (or even alter them if you'd like) and tell it to send that information to your DA:I game. It's still carrying your history through to the new game.
I'm just confused. I have no idea what is going on. Because all the 360 version does is tell you to go to Dragonagekeep.com

The last game and two Mass Effect games managed to simply read the fucking data I stored on my 360. No let's make it hyper complicated. Fuck them.

EDIT: Yep definitely fuck them with a stick. Can't register my Bioware games at least (Dragon Age: Origins) because I don't have it anymore.

I don't see how that would help my 360.

Stupid jerks. >__<#
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Falanor

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2014, 12:57:24 PM
The last game and two Mass Effect games managed to simply read the fucking data I stored on my 360. No let's make it hyper complicated. Fuck them.
There's a theme here, the ME games and the two DA games were all on the same engine. DA:I is on the Frostbite engine so there's not a way to make the data translate seamlessly, thus why they made the site. It's better than losing all the choices you made.

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2014, 12:57:24 PM
EDIT: Yep definitely fuck them with a stick. Can't register my Bioware games at least (Dragon Age: Origins) because I don't have it anymore.

I don't see how that would help my 360.

Stupid jerks. >__<#
Well, that does suck. Not sure why it's unable to see your achievements, mine did it and I don't own the game anymore.

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 22, 2014, 01:20:49 PM
There's a theme here, the ME games and the two DA games were all on the same engine. DA:I is on the Frostbite engine so there's not a way to make the data translate seamlessly, thus why they made the site. It's better than losing all the choices you made.
Well, that does suck. Not sure why it's unable to see your achievements, mine did it and I don't own the game anymore.
I don't know. I'm still not clear how a website is supposed to interface with my 360. :P

You don't log into it from the 360 do you?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Falanor

No. Your profile on Bioware's server pings the profile on Microsoft's server when you link them. Get on your PC and fiddle with the Keep site and it then loads the world profile data that you confirmed on the Keep down to your console. The site sends information through the server to your game to prep the world you've created.

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 22, 2014, 01:33:01 PM
No. Your profile on Bioware's server pings the profile on Microsoft's server when you link them. Get on your PC and fiddle with the Keep site and it then loads the world profile data that you confirmed on the Keep down to your console. The site sends information through the server to your game to prep the world you've created.
Yeah, that doesn't help because I can't get the freaking data from my XBOX to the Bioware profile. :P

SinXAzgard21

I have 30 hours logged in this game already.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Falanor

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2014, 01:34:28 PM
Yeah, that doesn't help because I can't get the freaking data from my XBOX to the Bioware profile. :P
If you recall the choices you made then you can go to the Keep and recreate them. I've already done that for a second playthrough planned after this one's finished.

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 22, 2014, 01:44:20 PM
If you recall the choices you made then you can go to the Keep and recreate them. I've already done that for a second playthrough planned after this one's finished.
How is it going to find my particular 360? I'm just not clear. Say I go remake my options from scratch. How will that find its way onto my console?

Falanor

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2014, 01:47:28 PM
How is it going to find my particular 360? I'm just not clear. Say I go remake my options from scratch. How will that find its way onto my console?
It links to your profile, not your console. Where your profile is there it will send. If your profile is linked to your Bioware profile then that's all you have to do.

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 22, 2014, 01:57:07 PM
It links to your profile, not your console. Where your profile is there it will send. If your profile is linked to your Bioware profile then that's all you have to do.
Which profile is linked to my Bioware profile, and how would I do that.

My Bioware account and Keep Account are the same login (being Origin), but how would it link to my Microsoft account?

Falanor

There should be instructions on Bioware's site for that. Found this on the EA forum about linking.

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 22, 2014, 02:32:32 PM
There should be instructions on Bioware's site for that. Found this on the EA forum about linking.
Well, according to all that if I just put my Xbox 360 account on the same email address as my Origin stuff then I'm fine. :P

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2014, 12:43:25 PM
That's what I freakin' thought.

Great, play two freaking games on 360 and I'm shafted. You know, I think this is the last Bioware game I play. Forget this shit.

I mean what was the freaking point if I can't import any of my world to the new game, are Xbox users just shit out of luck?

Umm, I had trouble importing too. But you have to make sure that your Origin account is link to your User account of that system and then do the Keep. Don't fuck up like me, having like three origin accounts, trying to find the one link to the system and end up world building twice cause first one you thought was link to system.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2014, 02:50:17 PM
Well, according to all that if I just put my Xbox 360 account on the same email address as my Origin stuff then I'm fine. :P

This isn't always case. Best to log into Origin and go to account to make sure your system is linked. If not, you will be doing keep twice. The worse roundabout way would be download client and add your account to it through friends(which is retarded to me, but whatever.)

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Inkidu

I got it all straightened out with EA's help line.

Hopefully Inquisition will be so awesome I forgive Bioware.

Drake Valentine

I think the Druffalo farmer quest is broken. The damn thing followed me few steps then glitched himself on mountainside. ;\

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 22, 2014, 11:06:10 PM
I think the Druffalo farmer quest is broken. The damn thing followed me few steps then glitched himself on mountainside. ;\

At some spots you'll need to walk back and he'll follow again.  When you eventually get to the area with  your camp, don't try to cross the little stream.  He gets stuck.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 22, 2014, 11:14:31 PM
At some spots you'll need to walk back and he'll follow again.  When you eventually get to the area with  your camp, don't try to cross the little stream.  He gets stuck.

Sounds like a lot of work. Can I just save myself the trouble and kill it? Especially at the pace that thing is following. ;\ Actually, the funny thing is, I even though about attacking it the first time I saw it and passed it(before quest.) I was, dafaq is that? *Looks at level* Yea, I'll leave you alone for now. Now my party is leveled up. >.>

Farmer: Where my Druffalo?
Character: Well, you see.. What had happened was. You waited too long and I found it dead. Wolves ate it. Tragic thing.

Hemingway

I'll tell you one thing, my quest to contact the mages is certainly bugged. I've gone through all the steps - finished it and the quests that come after. It's still telling me to 'Enter Redcliffe'.

In other news, I tried taking on some dragons. Decided I'd rather live.

Falanor

Quote from: Hemingway on November 23, 2014, 07:55:21 AM
In other news, I tried taking on some dragons. Decided I'd rather live.
That seems to be the running theme for me as well. I hear a roar in the sky and immediately wonder when my last save was at before I burst into flames rather spontaneously.

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 23, 2014, 08:58:43 AM
That seems to be the running theme for me as well. I hear a roar in the sky and immediately wonder when my last save was at before I burst into flames rather spontaneously.
I do that as well. Though the first time it was kind of sad. I got killed by the dragonlings. :P

In other news: Finally got my best recollection of events loaded up, so I'm happy. Also I'm not sick so it's not annoying me as much as yesterday. :|

Falanor

Yeah, my first time I came around the corner to flambé alley was seeing the dragonlings down there in the water as I was seeking that skullascope. Heard a beat of wings and my lightning God mage was perfectly roasted with a side of dwarf and elf salad and Inquisitor under glass...

Inkidu

All I hear is Cassandra saying, "It's taking flight!"

Well I'm like, "Ur.. what's taking--" looks up, "--By Andraste's dimpled butt-cheeks!"

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 23, 2014, 09:54:53 AM
In other news: Finally got my best recollection of events loaded up, so I'm happy. Also I'm not sick so it's not annoying me as much as yesterday. :|

I just went with default events. xD

Anyway!

Guys - how do you feel about the open world? I really love the design of the world and the massive open areas. But they are kinda empty. There's quest markers everywhere, sure, but most of it is just collectibles. It's been hours and hours since I got any meaningful dialog options in a quest ( probably my single biggest complaint, really ). And a lot of the world isn't even rewarding. Sure, you occasionally come across a tower or something like that, but they don't even always have anything useful or exciting in them. A few areas have really stood out, but mostly it's just caves full of spiders and mushrooms.

I've been avoiding story quests again, but ... I'm actually worried at this point. All too often, games with this much side content are really lacking in the main story department. I read in a review something along the lines of  there being no real separation between main and story quests. Well, that's not my experience. If anything, that comment seems like a thinly veiled way of saying "not so much story in this one". Like Skyrim, you know? If you just did the main story, you could breeze through in a few hours. And when the side content isn't really very exciting ( "Hey! Let's take that keep for the Inquisition!" - Okay, does it give me any neat options, some cool  dialog, some good reward? Nah! )

That said, at least Bioware have done a better job of pacing this game. Instead of rushing to reveal the main antagonist and put the character in charge of the super elite organization right away ( DA:O, Mass Effect ), they took it easy, letting the story and world build up first instead.