Waxing Rhapsodic [UN] - Volunteers and Buyers welcome! Come browse our Gallery!

Started by Esoteric Myobi, February 22, 2010, 02:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Walking down the busy street of New York you notice a crowd gathered at the entrance of a gallery. Ugh! As if it weren't crowded enough in the city! Freaking tourists just never know when to move do they? The smallest thing of interest catches their eye...but many times it really is quite interesting...What could it be now? Another Salvador Dali exhibition with his utterly abstract and downright psychotic works of art? Or maybe Louviere and Vanessa with their 'fine photography' as all works are seemingly dubbed these days? Psh modern art..."modern art" was more like it and this one couldn't be any different, could it?

Curiosity overcomes you and you find yourself drawn to the display window along with the rest of the crowd. Pushing your way to the front
disappointment is clearly seen in the features of your reflection. As expected, nothing more than yet another 'photographer' making it big. Same old typical shots of landscape, nature, along with of course the photoshopped versions that land under the 'abstract' category. Big deal. But why is there a sign on the corner of the display stating this exhibit was strictly for people eighteen years or older? What, the demented flower can't be seen by innocent children's eyes because then the parents have to explain that no, flowers do not actually grow in such a twisted way?

As the doors open you find yourself filing in along with the rest, pushed at first and then willingly walking along as something pulls at you, stringing you along. The walls are lined with both color as well as black, white, and all the shades in between. Nothing out of the ordinary...until you realize there's yet another gallery hidden in the back. Why you would have almost missed the entrance altogether if someone hadn't walked in right before you!

Stepping inside your jaw positively drops as a black and white photo with color splotches confront your eyes. Was that? No, it couldn't be...it just couldn't be! But it is. The gallery of Esoteric Myobi is more than it seems. It exhibits photographs consisting of the most modern of arts, portraying the most beautiful topics hand in hand with the most taboo of subjects. Sensuous and dark, yet thrilling all the same. Ranging from the innocent calm of romance to the paths most never dare to venture.

Huh, no wonder there was a crowd! These walls, unlike their cousins outside, are filled with differing visages of both men and women alike, some sprawled out and posing luxuriously while others are bound.

Just as you have completed your circuit of the gallery and are about to head out, a sign catches your eye:

Searching for new subjects.
If anyone is interested in being a model for Esoteric Myobi's future works, please apply at the desk.
Thank you for your patronage!

Hmm what was this? Searching for new subjects? As...a model? The thought flits through your mind as you entertain ideas of become world renowned, your visage displayed in countries you've never even been to. Not quite sure what's waiting in store for you but not wanting to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity either, you sidle over to the receptionist's desk located snugly in its own little corner of the gallery. At the moment, the desk seems vacant and you start to feel uneasy...is this the right place? A tiny bell sits on a corner of the neatly organized desk and you decide you might as well ring it and see what happens...

Welcome to Waxing Rhapsodic! (Title dubbed by the lovely aymelekT)

If that little tidbit caught your interest then this may be the game for you. A laid back game of sorts...inspired due to quite a bit of tomfoolery taking place in the SB, this is a game that revolves around art (photography specifically) and a finding of oneself.

This game is plain and simple, nothing fancy, nothing that would require too much thinking since it is a game that can be categorized as...well...a stress reliever! Here the 'characters' can either be an original character that you decided to create for this particular game, or it can just be your e-self. Whatever you are most comfortable with, go with that, we only want fun here which means plenty of comfort and understanding from all players.

As for posting time...I say take your time! Once a week is good enough for me, and if you can manage to kick out more than that...great! Being a rather slow poster myself (though this one probably won't take me nearly as long) I won't nag others on the same issue. Though if you have disappeared for a month already then a PM shall be sent your way. We're all people, we've all got lives, muses are emotional little creatures and tend to go haywire, along with dealing with life. Hey, no biggie.

When it comes to post length, I don't think there will be too many lengthy ones for this game (but don't take this as me saying 'No huge posts allowed!') but I would like to see at least a good paragraph or two...or three...-cough-...Alright, let's just say...enough to let the other player have something to work with, however many that may be. =) Follow the golden rule, keeps life simple.

Oh and, since I forgot to mention this, being a free-for-all game there are no restrictions for sexuality and whatnot. Relationships, pairings, etc, they can and hopefully will happen as the game progresses (as long as we have enough people of course). After all, this is a game of exploration, experimentation, and just delving into places that you never dared to venture into before!

As for dom/sub/etc...don't think that just because the photographer is the one taking the shots she doesn't like to be subdued and become a subject herself. ;) Players can choose whether they'd like to be a participant (volunteer of course), a part of the staff, or a buyer of the galleries' works. If there are any participants who feel that they truly fell in love with this line of work after their session, well...welcome to the staff! Though if the staff is currently full, then you character can be a fill-in (coming in once in a while when needed). Or, if a volunteer just loved being in the spotlight, come again after your session is done! Or if a player wants to try being a volunteer from a whole other viewpoint, well make a new character and pop back in...we don't bite~

As for buyers, well galleries don't make money just from the people who come in and browse! No! Galleries need prospective buyers who are interested enough to purchase a few works. Anyone who would like to be a buyer can choose specific photos to buy. This can mean picking out a certain pose/expression that they would like to see or even picking out a specific model that they like. Once their order has been filled, the staff will organize a photo session to carry out the order. Buyers can stay and observe the shoot, or they can just pick up the finished product later. If buyers find themselves completely immersed in the work...why who knows? Perhaps they end up becoming a subject in their own photo?

Also, this game can and may involve several players so we may have newcomers from time to time (meaning new volunteers...perhaps some staff leaving, new staff coming in, etc etc.) Since volunteers may not stay around after their session, you are free to leave or if you found this to be just too addictive, well come back again or make another character!

The game begins at the Photo Gallery and here is where all volunteers will enter and get their very first taste of Myobi's outlook of 'art'. Signing up as a subject or buyers filling out a purchase form also takes place here and after you have been all signed in then your characters can proceed to the Studio. For subjects who would rather try an outdoor session, please choose from the list of locations that we offer and inform the receptionist. Any subjects who are currently waiting their turn for their appointment, relax and live life in the city recreation thread.

Here is a character sheet: (All character sheets should be posted here and I will move them to the OOC Thread later on.)

Name: (Your own e-name, or if you just have an urge to create a character for the game that's fine)
Staff/Volunteer/Buyer:
Do you expect to switch sides?: Y/N (Meaning Staff -> Volunteer -> Buyer -> Staff...etc. Basically just changing from a current position to another.)
Description: (Physical appearance)
Personality:
Other: (Whatever little extra tidbit you'd like to add that isn't covered in the previous categories)

Current Players:

Staff - Esoteric Myobi, Kunoichi, Ryuka Tana, Remiel
Volunteers - Angel Fire, Lady Kitsune, Cassiopeia, Saerra, Aether, Azrael, aymelekT

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

Well, count me as interested. ^^ I certainly hope that this roleplay gets off the ground, since it seems like it could be quite entertaining...

Lady Lunarius

Hmm, perhaps, I have to get my others started up first then we'll see. It looks fun though ^_^
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Aether

It may indeed be something that can be worked upon, and I may indeed take a part or be subject to such a beautiful expression of art ^.~

Saerrael

I would be interested in this. However, I need some time to contemplate it (like I do on just about anything *grumbles*)
Count me as 'interested, but pondering the depths of <something>'

Esoteric Myobi

Thanks for all the interest guys. ^^ I know that there's one person who informed me of her interest via PM so...that brings us up to a grand total of five at the moment.

Hm...it looks like Aether is the only male so far~

Hopefully we will be able to grab more interest? =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Aether

Surely there are those out there that relish the idea of loosing control for a certain gain.

Can I get a witness?

Kunoichi

Sure. ^^ I'd be willing to witness plenty. ;)

Here's hoping this turns out to be really fun and long-lasting.

Edit: Also, I might know someone who would enjoy being a photo subject...

Esoteric Myobi

Hehe, well obviously I would not be a very good witness seeing as how I'm the one proposing it in the first place...but I'm sure you know you have my vote there~

Kuno: Ooh~ Well hoping to see a new photo subject then x3!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

In like Flint!  Sorry it took me so long so express interest, and I think I know a certain someone else who's interested ... and we may or may not be cooking a little something up ... <.< 

Planning thus far to be a subject though :)

Esoteric Myobi

Great, well with Cassi this brings us up to six, though hopefully eight if the two other players are brought in. =)

Let's see...

So far subjects would be: Cassi, aymelekT, Aether

And the staff is: Kuno

Undecided: Lady L, Saerra

I know a few players have not put their hat in the ring 100% yet, but still assuming just to see. ^^; Also assuming who what's to be what so correct me if I'm wrong.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Aether

I am not undecided.  I am decided.  PM's have clarified a level of involvement available to me that do not involve pain.  I would be a subject to the artistic abilities of the gallery heads.

^.^

Esoteric Myobi

Ah, my greatest apologies Aether. I wasn't sure where to put it since your post on the thread had leaned in both directions, and I didn't want to take liberties. =)

-Has modified her last post-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

*notes that she wouldn't mind being a subject as well as being staff, which could be particularly-fitting given the roleplaying she plans to do*

Esoteric Myobi

Well, as I noted in the beginning post, you can always be a staff and end up as a subject (For example...while waiting for volunteers, the photographer has been hit by a bolt of inspiration and just needs a subject on hand...aka the staff.)

Or vice versa, a volunteer who is done with her latest session decides s/he loved it so much she'd like to be a part of the staff...or at least get a feel for the 'work' by helping out for a day.

Etc.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Yeah, I had the first idea in mind.

Let's see...  I'm thinking a goofy, adorable ninja assistant girl, with glasses and maybe a slight penchant for being clumsy...

Esoteric Myobi

-sighs with exasperation as yet another candle falls, spilling wax all over the floor-

And...is this a knot I see in my rope?!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

I-I'm so sorry, ma'am!  I'll clean it up immediat-whoah!

*trips and falls, spilling the mop's bucket all over herself and the floor*

Esoteric Myobi

I think staffs should all have at least one clumsy person ;) You're hired~

Hmm, should we make character sheets? We'll be playing ourselves but a character sheet would give more info.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Well, we don't exactly need character sheets, but they certainly could be fun to fill out. ^^ Plus they might help some people put the finishing touches on a few things...

Esoteric Myobi

Yup, such as personality and whatnot...so we get a feel of who's who. After all, not all of us are so chummy (though I'm hoping that with the help of this game we will be afterwards.)

Name: (Your own e-name, or if you just have an urge to create a character for the game that's fine)
Staff/Volunteer:
Do you expect to switch sides?: Y/N (Meaning Staff -> Volunteer and vice versa)
Description: (Physical appearance)
Personality:

Hmm...does anything else need to be added...?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Hmm...  Nothing that immeadiately comes to mind, no...

Maybe an 'Other' section in case anybody has anything to add that isn't covered by the other five categories?

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Awesome. ;D

I've got to go check on a neighbor's dogs now, but I'll get started on a character sheet as soon as I get back. ^^

Lady Kitsune

Okay, I was trying not to add more games but I just can't resist the temptation of fun. 

If there's room. I'm in.
I am working on it, I swear!

Esoteric Myobi

Ooh~ Yay! Welcome welcome, we only have a few players at the moment (well only a few who are 100% in anyway) so there are plenty of spaces.

I actually haven't thought of how many players total I would like yet...but at the same time it depends on how much interest we get. It would be nice to have an equal amount of staff and volunteers though. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

*just got back from checking on the neighbor's dogs*

Heh.  One of them tried to jump on me, but I showed him who was the leader of the pack... C:)

That did make me wonder, though...  If this ends up going in the 'Extreme' section of the site, what will Bring your Pet to Work Day be like? >>;

Angel Fire

I love to do this!  Very much!

Name: Angel Fire (everyone calls her "Angel")
Staff/Volunteer: Volunteer
Do you expect to switch sides?: Possibly, if the situation calls for it
Description: Angel  Picture this but with glasses too,except during her shoots.
Personality: At first, she seems to be aloof and lost in her own world but once she is comfortable around certain people, she will open herself up a little more.  She is a little hesitant at trying new things... asking questions to make sure that this is the right thing for herself... but once she feels comfortable, she will gladly go for the greater good of the project.
Other: She is bisexual with leanings towards women... but with the right man, she can feel just as comfortable with him as she would with another woman

Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Kunoichi

Aww, and here I was hoping to be the first one to post a character sheet...

Name: Kunoichi
Staff/Volunteer: Staff
Do you expect to switch sides?: Frequently, yes. ;D
Description: A young lady of about 18 or so with a gymnast's figure, green hair commonly held back in a ponytail, reddish-brown eyes and big, rounded glasses.  Always wears a scarf as a sign of her ninja training, but otherwise tends to wear very simple clothes that are easy to put on and take off.
Personality: The result of growing up in a society that discouraged the obvious and placed a high premium on stealth, Kunoichi is a very quiet girl who harbors an intense dislike of loud noises and tends to bolt for the nearest hiding spot at the first sign of trouble.  People often tend to compare her to a mouse, but in truth she's not so much shy and timid as simply dealing with certain reflexes trained into her at a very young age.
Other: Though it's a terrible secret she would never willingly reveal to anyone, the truth is that Kunoichi actually washed out of her ninja training academy and was kicked out of her village for her failure.  A combination of clumsiness and the fact that she's nearly blind without her glasses on probably had something to do with why she couldn't make the cut.

Lady Kitsune

Name: Kit La Rue (Lay Kitsune, Didn't think my E-name worked well.)
Do you expect to switch sides?: Y
Description: Kit is 5'2 with dark chocolate leonine eyes.  Her hair is long, all the way to the small of her back.  It is a dark rich brown, shot through with caramel highlights.  She is curvy, slim but rounded in all the right places.  Her skin is olive gold, a trait of her Asian heritage. 
Personality: Kit is a sultry girl with a quick wit.  She is not above speaking her mind, but she is ever polite.  If she wants something, she is definitely going to get it.  Usually very serious, but she will smile, mostly at the wrong things.

....This is me, this is who I want to be....

Ahhh, yes, the Fox is foxy!!!  *laughs at myself* >.>

Cassiopeia

Alright, this may get tweaked later on so ... view it as a rough sketch :P

Name: Cassi O'Peia (hehe!)
Staff/Volunteer: volunteer
Do you expect to switch sides?: I think it may be in order, yes (might the team need a makeup artist?)
Description: Standing at 5'7 she has a toned yet curvaceous figure - voluptuous breasts, a narrow waist, and proportionately rounded hips.  Her skin is fair and creamy, almost resembling that of a porcelain doll's, though her cheeks and lips have a natural pink flush to them.  The features of her oval face are set off by high cheek bones which compliment her full lips.  Bright blue-green eyes seem to shift color as if with the day (or the weather) and contrast with golden blonde hair, cascading in layered waves down to her hips.
Personality:  Cassi for the most part is easy going, not really agitated much by what other people do with their own lives but simply content to live her own.  She is contemplative which makes her appear shy and quiet at first though that is really not the case at all ... once her mind returns to the present.  Her personality is actually more outgoing than one would think and she doesn't tend to hesitate when asked for her opinion, although she does so tactfully.  With the outward appearance of someone carefree and artistic she can actually be quite a perfectionist when it comes to her own work and self.  Though strong spirited she is very kind and friendly and usually quite eager for new adventures, whether or not she in fact does it is another matter.
Other:  While going to school, and completely torn between art and psychology, Cassi works as a freelance makeup artist and sees it almost as an opportunity to paint on a living canvas.

Saerrael

My god, I turn my head and a book is written here >.>
I'll be going as my E-persona, by the way  ^-^

Name: Saerra
Staff/Volunteer: Volenteer that just happend to wander in.
Do you expect to switch sides?: Not sure, depends on what happens in-game
Description:
Personality:

Copied from my O/Os;

Saerra

Not only my screenname, but also my 'default' character.

Race : Angel, not associated with a certain Deity.

Inspiration image ;

Appearance :
Eyes : Clear blue, very expressive, speaking of intelligence. Can be rather piercing as well
Hair : Brown to deep brown, red accents. Curling well over her shoulderblades.
Skin : Pale. No clear markings, tattoos or scarring.
Face build : Sharply carved, high cheekbones.
Body build : Lean and slim, but curvy on the right spots. Supporting a royal C cup.
Stands at about 1.70m (~5'7")

Race related : Saerra has wings she can disperse as she wishes. These are feathery.
The feathers are white and iridescent, breaking light shining upon them into all the colours of the rainbow.

Garments: Normally wears a simple dress that ends halfway her thighs in greys, blacks or whites.
Can be seen wearing platemail armor aswell. This armor is dull grey to contrast with the golden Light deity Angels normaly wear.
As her main weapon, she carries a Claymore which's sheathe is strapped to her back.

For those who have no idea what a Claymore is ;

Sizewise ;

(This character is loosly based on the magic card 'Serra Angel', ninth edition.)

Current song that fits with Saerra at the moment would be ;
Massive Attack - Angel

Sorry it's lenghty, my E-persona has been around a bit ;)

Aether

Name:  Dante lo Rosso

Staff/Volunteer:  Volunteer

Do you expect to switch sides?:  To be quite honest, I will have to play this one by ear.  I will play it out in rp, hows that sound?

Description:  He stands five feet and eleven inches tall.  He has a slight widows peak and a full head of auburn colored hair.  The hair is course, having a mind of its own, and usually is pulled into a ponytail.  He has a shadow beard typically kept at about a weeks worth of growth in length.  This particular beard only grows under the jaw and chin, then proceeds up the side of the face at about one inch in width connecting with the sideburns.  His eyes are hazel, and the color fluctuates between more green and more golden, depending on his mood.  They are shallowly set, residing an inch apart, under a firm brow.  His nose is broad and has been broken and reset.  The bridge of the nose runs in a nearly straight and slightly curving outward line.  Cheekbones are high and just wider than the eyes.  His face finishes out with a strong but non jutting chin, with a large mouth and medium profile lips.  His build is broad to slight working top to bottom.  He enjoys training and competing in triathlons, and is a strong swimmer.  He is light skinned, so he carries a reddish to brown tan that nearly matches his hair in color.

Personality:  Dante is soft spoken, yet animate when he enjoys a topic of conversation.  He will listen more than speak when he is around large groups.  Attentive, searching, inquiring, and one that can put together pieces of a puzzle and solve problems.  He very much likes to solve the riddle or find a more efficient way to accomplish a task.  Self confident, strong, sure, and one to know what it is that he wants done, and does it.  He is better at delegating than he is accomplishing tasks set out for him.

He is passionate about photography and does so as a hobby.  He favors mountains, trees, beaches, sunsets, horizons as the subject for his art.

He finds that hard and driving rock soothes his nerves.  Anything that gets his adrenaline pumping calms him.  His favorite activity to relax him after a hard day at the office other than training is boxing.

Lady Kitsune

Gah, i forgot a reason why she might be into art and photography.

Kit is too short to be a real model, but she is quite famous and sought after for her delicate lines in the Art of Kinbaku.

Rawrness!

Saerrael

I'm pretty sure Saerra will just be wandering in and deciding for a shoot due to never having had one done.
Would make a lovely gift for a few of her.. eer... playmates. Yes, playmates. *nod nods*

Kunoichi

Kuno works to pay the rent, and got her job mostly because she has a tendency to keep accidentally getting herself tied up in that scarf she wears.  Excellent photo opportunities abound when she's around, basically.

Getting little bonuses to her paycheck for each such photo session probably helps to convince her it's all worth it, and being in a job environment where her clumsiness is an advantage is doing wonders for her self-esteem. ;D

Saerrael

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 24, 2010, 10:18:48 PM
...and being in a job environment where her clumsiness is an advantage is doing wonders for her self-esteem. ;D

*giggles* <3

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Esoteric Myobi - referred to as Myobi, Myo, or My by close friends
Staff/Volunteer: Staff - Photographer
Do you expect to switch sides?: Depending on the situation and partner, perhaps

Description: A typical Asian beauty, her oval face is framed by long locks of ebony that trail down in feathered layers to mid-back. Olive-toned skin looks almost porcelain when in the right lighting, seemingly that much whiter due to the contrast of her hair. Dewy brown pupils stare out of almond shaped eyes, Myobi wears only light makeup and many times goes with the 'natural' look. Standing at 5'3" barefoot, the magic of high heels brings her up to an average height of 5'5"-5'7". A shapely figure with an ample breast, small waist, and rounded hips that come hand in hand with a backside she wished were smaller and flatter, sculpted legs follow most likely due to her tiptoeing around 24/7 on ridiculously high heels.

Personality: A perfectionist of sorts, she despises last minute appointments, changes, and the like. Planning ahead of time is her forte and keeping things tidy is another. At work she is all business, relaxing only after she's satisfied with her latest piece. When her career is not on her mind and work is not the topic at hand, she is very carefree and easy-going, making for pleasant and rather enjoyable company. While usually listening quietly on the sides, she tends to become the center of attention when she finally speaks.

Other: Having stepped into the world of photography several years ago, she took a gamble and tried a different perspective that was widely regarded as taboo. Myobi explained in an interview once that her reason for doing so was in hopes of bringing to light that this 'darker side' of the world is actually not as unpleasant as society portrays it. In recent years, several more people have ventured forth to try their hand at what Myobi deems 'art'...and many, if not most, have come to see the other side and embraced it with open arms. "While many are tentative to step forward, they are also quite curious...what I offer is a way to quench that curiosity and experience a very different form of art firsthand."

An 'artist' in the making, she is also a businesswoman and portrays this well during any public events. When busy with a 'session' she is dressed much more casually and at times may finish the session looking rather disheveled. She is mostly a dom, though work still comes first, there are a few times when she will switch to a sub though it is very dependant on her mood and the other person in question.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Liking the profiles everyone! This is starting to look like we'll have a decent game with plenty of photo sessions in between! Though I think that with only one other staff member (and a rather clumsy one at that) we will have to try and find another...and I mean another person who actually starts off as a part of the staff, instead of a volunteer deciding they'd like to stay.

Hmm...so I've been thinking. Photo sessions usually take place one person at a time (unless of course it's a group session). How would you guys like to play this out? One at a time, perhaps with the rest of the volunteers viewing on the sidelines? Or just all at once, but each staff member can get one or two volunteers 'ready'?

Also looks like Aether is still the only male here (cheers for him! Brave fellow ;)) and I'm starting to be under the impression that females just like to be tied up ;D What do you guys think? Should we try to rope a few more guys in here? Or are we fine with a girl's night out?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Saerrael

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 24, 2010, 10:49:41 PM
Liking the profiles everyone! This is starting to look like we'll have a decent game with plenty of photo sessions in between! Though I think that with only one other staff member (and a rather clumsy one at that) we will have to try and find another...and I mean another person who actually starts off as a part of the staff, instead of a volunteer deciding they'd like to stay.

Hmm...so I've been thinking. Photo sessions usually take place one person at a time (unless of course it's a group session). How would you guys like to play this out? One at a time, perhaps with the rest of the volunteers viewing on the sidelines? Or just all at once, but each staff member can get one or two volunteers 'ready'?

Also looks like Aether is still the only male here (cheers for him! Brave fellow ;)) and I'm starting to be under the impression that females just like to be tied up ;D What do you guys think? Should we try to rope a few more guys in here? Or are we fine with a girl's night out?

I vote for getting a few men more. Maybe a good idea to change the title of this thread a bit? Add 'Looking for men' or something like that?

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Saerra on February 24, 2010, 10:55:51 PM
I vote for getting a few men more. Maybe a good idea to change the title of this thread a bit? Add 'Looking for men' or something like that?

How's that? ;)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

I vote for girl's night out, personally. ^^; Admittedly, that's mostly because I've never had the chance to try one of those before...

Also, remember, I'm currently in the midst of trying to get one more guy in here.  Keeping in mind our current needs, I don't think he'd object to being part of the staff.

And finally, I vote one at a time for the photo sessions, since audiences are usually pretty fun, in my experience. ;D

Edit: Great, now the guys to girls ratio will go completely the other way... >>; So much for my chances for a girl's night out...

Aether

Recalls the first day in the SB when he mentioned rope, and the rest was history...

*clears his throat*  Excuse me!  Just reminiscing...

Due to the turnout (which is fantastic!), Dante could be flexible.  This could entail him getting roped right into a situation or him being asked and offered an opportunity to watch a shoot before he commits.  Dante would be out of his element in this foray into the unknown if his first encounter as a subject involved too many extras.  Past the first encounter, who knows.  I could see him loosening up a bit.

Saerrael

Esoteric Myobi

I know that Cassi's trying to bring in another guy as well, so if the two of you succeed then we'll have a grand total of 3 men!

I'm thinking that Cassi's friend will be leaning towards a staff member instead of a volunteer so if your friend joins the staff as well then we may be set. That'd be four staff total (myself included) and five volunteers (so far). If anyone else joins then more the merrier, but I'd like to try and keep the numbers somewhat even. ^^

Kuno: Have no fear! I still think that women are more interested in being tied up, or doing the tying. While most of the men shy away and stick to the dominant side of the game. So we shall see! Especially since we don't need that much staff, just enough so that we're not overloaded.

Aether: I will keep this in mind then. Perhaps Dante enters later on and thus he ends up sitting through a session first, instead of going straight to the photo shoot himself.

Saerra: I shall see whether or not I can fit it into the title...but I'm betting that this will at least draw in more curious lookers and perhaps a few will commit. ^-^ 'Naked' is a powerful word after all~

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Saerrael

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 24, 2010, 11:05:52 PM

Saerra: I shall see whether or not I can fit it into the title...but I'm betting that this will at least draw in more curious lookers and perhaps a few will commit. ^-^ 'Naked' is a powerful word after all~

At least men will look, hm? Show them a little leg and they come runnin'.
*whistles innocently, wondering what the maximun in characters is the title can hold*

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Saerra on February 24, 2010, 11:08:33 PM
At least men will look, hm? Show them a little leg and they come runnin'.
*whistles innocently, wondering what the maximun in characters is the title can hold*

Hehe, it's the truth and they can't deny it! Women! Flaunt your goods for all you've got!

...Wait! Camera first...

Okay go ahead =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Saerrael

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 24, 2010, 11:09:34 PM
Hehe, it's the truth and they can't deny it! Women! Flaunt your goods for all you've got!

...Wait! Camera first...

Okay go ahead =)

*giggles, then poses most artistically, but only wearing her halo.. around her finger while she spins it*

Kunoichi

*quietly holds her scarf up in front of her otherwise-unclad body so that it's covering up the important bits, blushing all the while*

R-ready for my photo... :-[

Esoteric Myobi

Oh yea! That reminded me (I knew I was forgetting something!)

I changed the game's category to [UN] since I was unsure of what everyone would be comfortable with. Also, since the gallery varies from the most light [VAN] to the most dark [EX] I don't mind doing whichever fits the other person's preference best. If you're uncomfortable with anything past a certain point (for example, you only go for [VAN]...perhaps [BON]...and nothing past it?) then that is fine with me. Just inform me beforehand so that during your 'session' we can keep it there. Or for others who are experimenting with [BON] and are not comfortable with [NC] or [EX], also fine. I think you get the idea?

I will be keeping a list of everyone's thoughts and comments and etc, but if I happen to make a mistake tell me via PM or on the OOC thread that I will make at the beginning of this game.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Saerrael

I'm fine with anything between [VAN] and [NC], and might even do [EX] for a certain photo >.> *shuts up wisely, blushing*

Kunoichi

The only part of EX that I'm comfortable with is beastiality, (*points up to earlier comment about Bring Your Pet to Work Day*) but aside from that, anything else that's likely to happen to my character is fair game.  If something happens that I'm not comfortable with, I'll be sure to bring it up. ^^

Perhaps the different threads of this group RP could be different 'photography suites' placed in different sections of the site?  One for Vanilla, one for Bondage, one for NC-Human, one for NC-Exotic, and one for Extreme?  And then we'd just have a main 'Photo Gallery' thread for everything else?

Wait, no, I think that's more rooms than a group this size is allowed...

Aether

Myobi, I believe we discussed my levels.  I can do so for further clarification in pm if you so desire.  I am not against something happening to my character right away.  Nor do I mind waiting.  He will walk in as soon as this goes live and look around.  See what goes down from there.

Goodness gracious, I look away for a second and you all go post happy!

Kunoichi

I know how you feel, Aether.  I'm waiting for everybody to go to sleep, myself, so I can go back to watching Hokuto no Ken without having to worry about missing important points in the conversation...

Lady Kitsune

Haha.  I'm up for any category.  *Has no qualms* 

Maybe I should be staff.  Be the prop girl, since I'm also the rope girl.  *grins wickedly*

Kunoichi

BCdan

~I enjoy random PM's~

Kunoichi

*is quick to make an introduction*

Myobi, meet BCdan, the guy I was telling you about.  Dan, say hello to Esoteric Myobi, a good friend of mine. ^^

Lady Kitsune

OMG!  I just read the title.  That's.....I love it!  *is laughing, too*

Kunoichi

*still attempting to keep her otherwise-unclad body appropriately covered with only a scarf*

Y-yes. ^^; *bows* W-welcome in, good sir...

Esoteric Myobi

Hello Dan~ It's nice to meet you. =)

And yes...Remiel don't you see how nicely Kuno and Saerra are posing already?

-points at the naked kunoichi and angel-

Glade you like the new title Kitsune

-wicked grin-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

aymelekT

Ayme glances up at the banner, then looks at the building.
Well, what have you got to lose, Aymelek?

She opens the door and steps in, photographic equipment and beautiful pictures on the walls, incredibly artistic and ranging from benign poses to "heavier" works.  Approaching the Asian beauty, she asks in a soft voice.

"I noticed you have a banner outside looking for males...but was wondering if you have any more positions..*cough* available for women?  I've got a portfolio if you wish to see some of the pose work I've done before...

Cassiopeia

Oh YAAAY!  We got more man meat!  Yeah, even though it's too late to really cast my vote ... I'd prefer some men to a girls night out.  For me it lends better to the whole "strip me flip me, tie me fly me", scenario ...

*whips off top since everyone is posing, but cleverly conceals the goodies teasingly with long hair*

And yes My, I realize I am predictable :P  I know what I likes and I makes no apologies!

Oh goody, Remiel's here!  This is going to be fun, I can feel it  >:)

ManyMindsManyVoices

"If I may ask, what is it that prompted this? I am interested, which is strange for me, because this is not my sort of RP. However, it seems like fun, and I was able to get past three pages of posts (I rarely look at stuff that's more than 2 pages already). Can't deny, the title helps catch a guy's attention. So, if someone could explain a little better what exactly is going on (I'll re-read the first post, but it might help to have some context where I can ask questions) and who has agreed to play, I'll begin to consider."

"To help out, what I am curious about is how the RP is suppose to play out and what the connection between character and player is supposed to be here (in addition, like I said, how this started would be nice to know)."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Aether

I will throw in this much.  One day, I tied AymelekT to a pedestal because she was wobly...  If you have noticed the SB for the past few days has been all about rope tying?  Well, thats my fault  ;D

Ayme and Myobi decided to capitalize on this and make an rp out of it.

I will let you all describe the ins and outs a bit more as to your own particular descriptive abilities.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Okay... How did THAT lead to photography and RP? (Let me say that the question is phrased not in surprise, but curiosity for the actual sequence of events)."

Kunoichi

*shrugs*

Darned if I know.  By the time I got there, people were tied up and Myobi was taking pictures.  Then they were having so much fun with it in the SB that they decided to make it a roleplay, and now we're all going to have a grand ol' time once this actually starts up.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Ah, a little simpler than I thought, but that's the missing link... I see, well, if you still want a male staff member, I'll work on a profile."

Esoteric Myobi

Here's an updated list of everyone so far, correct me if I'm wrong.

Current Players:

Staff - Esoteric Myobi, Kunoichi

Volunteers - Angel Fire, Lady Kitsune, Cassiopeia, Saerra, Aether

Interested Players in need of Character Profiles:

BCdan, aymelekT, Ryuka Tana, Remiel (?)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Saerrael

Quote from: Remiel on February 25, 2010, 12:42:09 AM
Hey! So I saw this ad, it said pretty naked woman are awaiting me inside?

;D

*points at Remiel*

You need to join this. *nods sagely*
I wanna play with chuuu! *looks completely innocent, but is still stark naked*

Esoteric Myobi

Now, now...everyone will rock, paper, scissors for Remiel (or shall we all roll dice?) and whoever wins gets him after me. ;D

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Saerrael

*chews her lower lip and decides to get her D&D die out... all of them*

Azrael

Non-binary, sometimes femme-ish, fae tiger.

Kunoichi

You know, Myo, I'm thinking that by now we've got all the people we need... ^^;

Saerrael

Esoteric Myobi

Hmm...yea it seems that way. I'm actually not sure if Remiel is interested or not since he basically just stepped in to look for the naked women...If Azrael is interested we shall make him the last player and I'll put up a closed notice =)

Still waiting on completed profiles before I make the game thread though. ^^;

Saerra...if you place your halo juuust right on your chest, it'll hide your perky nipples at least and then you can use your hand for the bottom ;)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Azrael

*spouts a massive anime nosebleed and topples rigidly backwards in slow motion* @.@

Kunoichi

A-and that's why this Kunoichi always wears a scarf. ^^;

*is still barely managing to keep herself partially covered*

And Myo, I definitely know that Dan wants to participate.  It's just taking him a little time to make an actual profile, is all.

Esoteric Myobi

Current Players:

Staff - Esoteric Myobi, Kunoichi

Volunteers - Angel Fire, Lady Kitsune, Cassiopeia, Saerra, Aether

Interested Players in need of Character Profiles:

BCdan, aymelekT, Ryuka Tana, Remiel (?)

I'm assuming that BCdan, Ryuka Tana, and Remiel will want to be a part of the staff. I know that aymelekT is aiming for a subject...so if this is the case our finished product (so far) will look like this:

Staff - Esoteric Myobi, Kunoichi, BCdan, Ryuka Tana, Remiel

Volunteers - Angel Fire, Lady Kitsune, Cassiopeia, Saerra, Aether, aymelekT

I'm actually not really counting myself as a part of the 'staff' perse since I'll mostly be...directing. So should we make the staff and volunteers an even six and six? If so, we can take on two more players for staff.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

No, I think it would be more realistic to have more volunteers than staff, at first.

Plus, we also have to take into account the fact that many of the volunteers will wind up becoming staff...

Esoteric Myobi

That's true. I'm thinking that this can probably turn into a game where new people can easily join...as volunteers anyway.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Saerrael

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 25, 2010, 09:58:52 PM
Hmm...yea it seems that way. I'm actually not sure if Remiel is interested or not since he basically just stepped in to look for the naked women...If Azrael is interested we shall make him the last player and I'll put up a closed notice =)

Still waiting on completed profiles before I make the game thread though. ^^;

Saerra...if you place your halo juuust right on your chest, it'll hide your perky nipples at least and then you can use your hand for the bottom ;)

*Fiddles with her halo*
Ah, well.. not like he hasn't seen it before ;)

Quote from: Azrael on February 25, 2010, 09:59:22 PM
*spouts a massive anime nosebleed and topples rigidly backwards in slow motion* @.@

Ha! You chicken! *snickers*

Azrael

*stares at Saerra* so true...

an RP set around a photography studio then I take it, people posing for pics is that right?  *sidles up to the naked Saerra* >.>

Kunoichi

Azrael

Esoteric Myobi

Well, Azrael you can join as a volunteer. =)

Though if either Ryuka Tana or Remiel decide they would like to be a volunteer then we may have a position available for staff. ^^

Kind of depends on who gets the character profile up first...though I am reserving one staff position for BCdan. So..will take one or two more staff members at most!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Azrael

so volunteers being in photos and staff taking them?  In principle anyway, I am sure people will move about a bit more

Kunoichi

Azrael

awesome, where are profiles being posted?  so long as nobody objects *strikes artsy photo pose*

Kunoichi

Azrael

Name: Azrael
Staff/Volunteer:  Volunteer
Do you expect to switch sides?: Open to the possibility
Description: (Physical appearance) six foot tall, lean build and slim face with long dark hair, ice blue eyes and broad pure white wings
Personality:  Easy going, laid back, always calm, light hearted and with a good sense of humour.
Other: Azrael is the angel of death and so is lethal and graceful like a dancer.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Okay, definitely interesting."

Name: Ryuka Tana, usually just called Ryu
Staff/Volunteer: Staff
Do you expect to switch sides?: Unlikely
Description: Long, unkempt dark hair that covers his eyes, which are further hidden away under a pair of dark shades. He is tall and thin, with pale skin and sharp features, and is often considered intimidating. His features are generally hidden under long black clothes, fingerless gloves, and his long hair.

Personality: While he can seem intimidating, he is very kind and friendly once one gets to know him. Sometimes, despite his dark look, he is very playful, almost cat-like. He is very whimsical, changing from dark to happy in seconds. He is also very insightful, often discussing philosophy.

Other: Ryu's mood changes can affect his entire persona, becoming as if an entirely different person. This is reflected in his malleable array of abilities, from True Sight, to manipulation of Fire or Shadows, to a strange ability to create incredible sensations of Pleasure or Pain.

Esoteric Myobi

Alright everyone, I have made an OOC Thread that we can all happily spam away on. (Though all the spam on here is definitely helping to bring other players in as well...so we should come back and poke this thread from time to time O:))

I've posted up everyone's profiles by quoting, and just removed a few things here and there. Basically just the comments that had been attached to the profile I took off. Also, Saerra, I changed your profile a bit by making your images into links instead so that it didn't take up so much room, hope that's okay? If not, I'll just change it back. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Saerrael

Of course it's okay, dear. I have that profile in my O/Os, for one. ;P
I also see you had a problem with linking the Nexus image. They do that >.> *mutter mutters*

Esoteric Myobi

Okay, moved us to NC Exotic Freeform Big groups...since I wasn't sure if we'd get more players in the future or not and how many posts we'd rack up (since I'm not really expecting super long posts for this game due to it being mostly light hearted fun...aka no need to rack your brains like mad)

Here is the new link (I've also modified my last post)

OOC

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Oh no, I just realized we were naked.  *sprouts her tails to hide her lovely parts*

Must be in need of sugar if I'm this ditzy.

Oooo, off to the OOC placey!

Aether

This has to be the coolest spawning ever for an rp I have witnessed.  What a fun way to carry the zany spontaneity of an afternoon worth of shout boxing onwards and making it a breathing and full on incarnation of random coolness!

Does the happy dance

Remiel

Hey, I can do either staff or volunteer...I'm easy.

Er, that is...I'm flexible.

Er, that is...I'll do anything.

I'll just...shut up now. -_-;

Cassiopeia

Kunoichi

Be a part of the staff, then, Remi. ;D You'll have loads of fun coworkers to practice on work with!

Esoteric Myobi

Huh..actually, I think I kind of want Remi as a volunteer...just so that Aether has a buddy and so I can uh...practice work with him O:)

Edit: Also, I just feel we need more male volunteers =P It'll help encourage others to do the same! Remi can come onto the staff later on if a spot is still open x3

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Ah, but remember, Myo, you can practice on work with him regardless of whether or not he's a volunteer...

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Ah, I see.

Well, I suppose showing my shy character how to properly tie up a photography subject should lead to some hilarious situations...

Esoteric Myobi

No Kuno, how many times do I have to tell you that you have to double knot this so that they don't fall down due to it coming loose in the middle of a shot?!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

M... Miss Myobi?  I g-got the knot right, but...

*Kuno has somehow managed to tie herself to the photography subject*

Aether

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 26, 2010, 12:30:52 AM
M... Miss Myobi?  I g-got the knot right, but...

*Kuno has somehow managed to tie herself to the photography subject*

lmao

Remiel

Aight then, I'mma be-a staff for now.  Although the true artist is never above immersing himself in his medium, if you know what I mean.

Name: Remiel, or Remy, or Rem

Staff/Volunteer: Staff, although he is not above helping his fellow photographers with their work.  An actor can be a director, and vice versa, after all.

Appearance: Caucasian, but with a olive complexion that hints at Spanish or Italian ancestry.  Hair is black, as is his mustache and beard.  Has several tattoos on his arms and chest, although favors Elizabethan fashions and is rarely seen without either a vest, a coat, or a top hat.   Well-built, but not excessively athletic. 

Personality: Possessed of a quick wit, he can be either dry and corny, almost verging on the ridiculous, or dark and brooding.  Has an artist's temperament and perfectionist tendencies.  Has a slight English accent and occasionally uses British slang.  Specializes in group photography, especially scenes evocative of BDSM.  Believes in showcasing "the inherent beauty of the feminine dominant mystique."

Esoteric Myobi

Hm, well I guess Aether shall be alone for a bit more then =x

Will be adding your profile to the rest of the ones listed on the OOC thread.

And Johnny Depp!

-drools-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Esoteric Myobi

Okay, last staff position is for BCdan (unless he suddenly decides he'd rather be a volunteer)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Remiel

What do you mean? You have Azrael, no?

And Kuno, I'll just have to win you over with my awesome personality, then.  ;D

Kunoichi

Yeah, that sounds about right, Remi. ^^;

*feels like she's even stranger, now*

Esoteric Myobi

Yes, but haven't you heard of the Three Musketeers?! One for all and all for one! Aka, two's company and three's a crowd...and crowds are nice when advertising for a photographer that is currently looking for more subjects~

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Eh.  If you'll go back a few pages and look, Myo, Dan's initial post actually had him stating he'd be a volunteer...

*points*

Esoteric Myobi

Why did I keep thinking he was going for staff? I have to stop reading this stuff when it's so late at night and my head's spinning -.-;

-goes off to edit various posts-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Esoteric Myobi

-stubbornly refuses and ends up swaying slightly-

Quit..quit moving willya?! I'm not used to being back out in the sun yet...

-grumbles and squints through giant sunglasses-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

No no, Myo, PMs for socialization, remember?

*points*

;D

BCdan

Dan rarely likes attention.  That is why the pair of five inch heels he wore had little bits of fabric on the tips of the heels, he didn't like the loud click of each step to garner attention.  Yet his body screamed attention.  The silky, thin black dress sucked to his figure in such a way as to be dangerous.  "But officer, he dressed provocatively!" one woman had joked the other day as she had her way with his body.  The truth was that Dan, or Danny as he had come to be called by some, loved the idea of so many eyes scanning over his body like so many tongues.  The thigh highs that encased his smooth, lithe legs ended prematurely, leaving open flesh below his tight, short skirt.  "Enough!" he thought as he sighed in front of the door.  "I need a clear head for this" he thought as he smoothed out his dress and blushed at the slight tenting coming from between his legs. 

He entered. "Hi my name is...."

Name: Dan
Do you expect to switch sides?: Sure, I can switch around a bit.
Description: A compact little seduction boy.  Highly effeminate, my girlish frame starts with my soft, milky white skin.  A short, straight head of beautiful blond hair occasionally gets in my eyes.  Tight flesh squeezes at a supple butt and a pair of nice hips.  Even the bones of my body scream feminine, giving me an adorable little face and a pair of bright blue eyes.  Even though I am fully grown, my body only comes in at a petite 4'11" tall.  'Runty' was how I was described before my body became so...desirable and yet I still find myself about as strong as a twig.  I could be a ballerina with how light I am, but the dance I do is a lot dirtier.
Personality: My composure whispers of shyness and a slight lack of confidence, yet behind my bright blue eyes lays a perverted fem-boy.   
Other: For the sake of clarity let me just say that I am a straight (meaning I love having sex with women) and yet highly feminine boy.  My body and personality heavily play into my own submissivness. 

~I enjoy random PM's~

Esoteric Myobi

Shall be putting your profile onto the OOC thread with the rest. Hopefully a game thread will be up by tonight but in the meantime have fun chatting with the other players~

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Saerrael

Esoteric Myobi

Have added the option of being a 'Buyer' along with the 'Volunteer' and 'Staff' positions. Hopefully this will bring more interest in the game since many seem to shy away thinking this game will revolve only around bondage and the like. ^^;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

No no, there's more to it than that...  Like all the worldbuilding and deep character interaction we're going to do. ;D

Esoteric Myobi

Well, of course we will Remi~ Along with plenty of other things...just that we're not limited to only bondage. =) We are...a myriad of all genres, strange fetishes, and the like. O.O How complex!

But yes, also just for developing the world and characters together as well which is what I'd like to see most. ^.^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Esoteric Myobi

>.>....<.<....-pretends to look around for her shame and apparently can't find it-

-shrugs- Nope! Guess not! ;D

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

:o

Ah well.  I guess you won't be having much need for it, anyway...

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

MagicalPen

Name: E. E. Yore (Best I could come up with!)
Staff/Volunteer/Buyer: Buyer
Do you expect to switch sides?: YES
Description: Mr. Yore stands about 6'0", with a muscled, lean body and dark features. He is a very handsome (and wealthy) man, dressing in fine business suits and seeking all that the city has to offer him.
Personality: Mr. Yore has a dominant streak, but that does not mean he doesn't mind relinquishing control for the night. He greatly enjoys the city and what it has to offer by the way of Arts.

Short, but I can make longer if needs be.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Esoteric Myobi

Ah, looks like you managed to find the old recruiting thread. ^^;

Welcome to the game Eeyore =) I'll add you to the list on the new recruitment thread and lock this one (which I had obviously forgotten to do, my mistake).

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~