News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Exalted: Kawaii edition.

Started by Ajoxer, May 02, 2008, 11:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elohim

Heh, thanks...  I'll see if anything comes to mind.

Ajoxer

Oh, and for any who may ever question just how effective a Mortal may be, no matter how heroic, let me present, for your amusement and astonishment, the tale of Airman Third Class Axel Higgs.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070330
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ajoxer

I'm going to start going over everyone, seeing if we're ready for the Exalted game, and if we're not, MAKING YOU READY, BY GOD!

We're gonna be seeing if we can start fairly soon, as I believe everyone except Astra is done.

Damn that hell you call a school, Astra!

Up To Date List of people whose character sheet is ready:

AstraKiseki
Madpanda

We still need Muse, CirclMastr, Josh, and GrinningHound to snap to it. GrinningHound, IM me via YIM.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

AstraKiseki

Hey, I sent in Sentsuruko's sheet before everyone else!  I'll be slow for a bit, but that's due to school and stress and all.

MadPanda

Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

For references sake...

I am the GM. If I discover that something is exceptionally broken, the Great Force of the Cosmos will step in, and hash out a deal to reimburse you in some way, because this is a humor game, and I am willing to break the fourth wall to keep things workable.

This does work both ways, however. If something is showing to be painfully underpowered, useless in the bounds of the campaign, or not utilized in any way, and we can't satisfactorily incorporate it, I'm willing to have the Great Force of the Cosmos come down to play Let's Make A Deal.

Let's try to make this game fun, ye?

AstraKiseki

I'm tempted to break the game just to see how he would give the smack down, but I'm not a twink.  :P

Ajoxer

Also, a note, this game is going to be silly. It'll be goofy. I won't deny that there'll be real threats, but think, say, Ranma, rather than, say, Princess Mononoke.

Think about it in the sense that the less tightly connected a threat is to one of you, specifically, the more serious they're likely to be. That Rival/Enemy/Groupie? They're not going to be pulling any Misery style shenanigans.

What can I say. If I wanted deadly serious life or death, I'd turn on the news. I feel like trying out Exalted with a bit of silliness.

Ajoxer

Alright. Grinning Hound is feeling a bit uncertain about the game, so for the time being, he's pulled out. If you feel like rejoining, I'll make sure to keep a spot open. For now, though, it looks like we'll be down to five, and I'm hoping to keep it there, since I'd prefer to keep us circle-ish in size.

Also, an odd-sized group makes it much harder to split up much.

MadPanda

Do we get to taunt him with rubber poultry and schoolyard chants concerning pussilanimous withdrawals in the face of the Big Silliness?

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

No. Under penalty of TORCHAH.

MadPanda

Oh, mou.
And it won't be the fun kind, either, I bet.

(lets Ruri-ruri scamper off to flirt with a passing crowd of schoolgirls)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Hmmm... I'm considering, for the purposes of letting you guys do a little better in combat, something along the lines of giving four to five Martial Arts charms. These would, of course, in the case of Celestial Martial Arts, only come to 2-3, accounting for the necessary charms to let Dragon-Blooded learn that level, but it'd be something of a starting set, and would give you some further options in combat.

Anyone feeling for? Against?

MadPanda

You mean freebies?
Can I take Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style?

(bounces excitedly and giggles)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Basically, yeah.

And if you can think of a good reason for a Dragon-Blooded to have been taught that style, then certainly. I'll swallow most cockamamie stories... Or however that's spelled.

MadPanda

Well, Ruri can be awfully persuasive...and she's awfully cute...

In Memory of Bishrook

CirclMastr

Even Mortals get free Martial Arts? :D heh
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Ajoxer

You're only learning Terrestrial, and they're somewhat limited... But it's still a righteous beating you're able to deliver.

Ajoxer

Also, I will be allowing the flaws and merits from the Player's Guide. Circl's pretty screwed if he don't get Experience and Knowledge available, after all.

MadPanda

(pouts and goes off to do yet another rewrite)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

I've got to keep these delays going on until Muse gets back to me. :P

MadPanda

Oh, is that what's holding this up?

(casts Summon Carnie spell, hands out pitchforks and torches)

We'll just go talk to him...

(Juuuuuuuuust kidding!  I hear he's having connectivity subscriptions right now.)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Subscriptions?

But ach. Well, we shall see what we must do.

MadPanda

Multiple issues are a subscription.  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer