Crystalline Academy • Recruitment Thread

Started by AliceInLace, February 12, 2015, 06:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Interdiction of words on February 19, 2015, 02:43:02 PM
Needed and wanted by all standards  ;D

I shall endeavor to produce just such an individual then.

Outlaw Fallen

I believe the trick with this sort of teacher will be capturing someone who is a equal-opportunity-hater, but also highly intriguing. By that, I mean salty old solders that hate recruits will still end up surrounded by them when he starts telling a war story. You also have to remember that your teacher will be dealing with royalty, so there's got to be more redeemable traits than not. Snape, in my book, had zero redeemable traits and was a lackluster character. This is just my opinion and the advice I would offer in the creating of such a character.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on February 19, 2015, 05:33:40 PM
I believe the trick with this sort of teacher will be capturing someone who is a equal-opportunity-hater, but also highly intriguing. By that, I mean salty old solders that hate recruits will still end up surrounded by them when he starts telling a war story. You also have to remember that your teacher will be dealing with royalty, so there's got to be more redeemable traits than not. Snape, in my book, had zero redeemable traits and was a lackluster character. This is just my opinion and the advice I would offer in the creating of such a character.

I disagree with your assessment of Snape as a character, but your advice is good nonetheless.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: eternaldarkness on February 19, 2015, 05:55:30 PM
I disagree with your assessment of Snape as a character, but your advice is good nonetheless.

I agree with you, I found him fascinating when you really dug beneath the cold mask he put on, there was so much more beneath it that he was hiding away :)

AliceInLace

Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on February 19, 2015, 05:33:40 PM

Though I am simply curious, for I am a major HP fanatic. I own all the books, read them all yearly. Watched all the movies more times then I'd like to admit... How did you find Snape lack luster.

tells all
I mean from the beginning he comes off as a too-harsh teacher for Harry, constantly making life hard for him or so it seems. The pinned him off as the bad guy from the very beginning. Then at the very end as he is dying they reveal everything about him, a turn of events no one first reading it could have predicted. Not only did he betray Voldemort and kill Dumbledor as a part of a previous agreement, one to ensure further the safety of the wand. One finds out that he was also in love with Harry's mother and turns out after all those years he was protecting him in such a way he could never really explain. He literally put his life on the line, find out he adopted Lily's doe potronous... I mean, in my opinion, Snape was one of the most diverse and complicated character in the entire series. Though we all have our own opinions.
18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Usually Updated At The End Of The Night

Inari

Not to mention someone pointed out something he said to Harry in his first lesson was basically an apology in code:

http://potterisms.quora.com/Snapes-first-words-to-Harry-Rowlings-Easter-Egg

Outlaw Fallen

Quote from: eternaldarkness on February 19, 2015, 05:55:30 PM

Less a predictable antagonist than Malfoy, but hardly any more interesting. This is just my opinion. I also have never had the opportunity to read the final books after he killed Dumbledore. Alice, I'm not reading your post for fear of spoilers, but please... no spoilers. My assumption is that something good will come out of it, but my opinion of the guy that killed Dumbledore at this point remains the same.
I will come reformed

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

AliceInLace

I will update and add in all the new characters and the profiles in the morning
18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

EdwardShane

*sees the other submitted teacher*

OH GOD WHY.  MAGIC EMPOROR GHALEON?!?!?

*screams and runs in circles*

AliceInLace

Quote from: EdwardShane on February 19, 2015, 07:44:45 PM
*sees the other submitted teacher*

OH GOD WHY.  MAGIC EMPOROR GHALEON?!?!?

*screams and runs in circles*

I may have missed something here...

Outlaw Fallen

Don't worry, I missed it, too. Ed makes a lot of references...
I will come reformed

EdwardShane

>_< sorry, video game reference I couldn't resist lol.  For those who are curious, it's from Lunar: Silver Star Story.

Outlaw Fallen

Then it was a reference I should have gotten... darn
I will come reformed

EdwardShane

Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on February 19, 2015, 07:52:12 PM
Then it was a reference I should have gotten... darn

You don't remember the final boss and main antagonist?  O_o

I am dissapoint.

eternaldarkness

Bwahaha. Name used on purpose. Ghaleon was one of my favorite evil wizard types ever, though this version is not so evil as much as he is pragmatic.

EdwardShane

Quote from: eternaldarkness on February 19, 2015, 07:58:05 PM
Bwahaha. Named used on purpose. Ghaleon was one of my favorite evil wizard types ever, though this version is not so evil as much as he is pragmatic.

In that case, I hope my reaction was at least satisfactory >_< lmao

LamentingQuill

Quote from: EdwardShane on February 19, 2015, 07:55:09 PM
You don't remember the final boss and main antagonist?  O_o

I am dissapoint.

That was beyond adorable, I lol'd

EdwardShane

MelisaArtemis

How did I missed that again...? Ghaleon was a serious pain in the ass to beat in the game...

EdwardShane

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on February 19, 2015, 08:11:18 PM
How did I missed that again...? Ghaleon was a serious pain in the ass to beat in the game...

Mainly because he did like....what, two or three actions a turn?  Usually hitting the entire party for heavy damage, or else completely wiping one person off the board each go.  Most of the fight was spent with me going "FUUUUUUUU-  NO, NO, NO, STOP THAT, DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME!  Okay, need to restore her mana and OH COME ON, I JUST HEALED HIM TO FULL!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

....and so on, and so forth until I actually managed to win.

MelisaArtemis

Ah... Yeah... and you just have to drag that suppressed memory back up.... F U ANAESTHESIA!!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: eternaldarkness on February 19, 2015, 07:58:05 PM
Bwahaha. Name used on purpose. Ghaleon was one of my favorite evil wizard types ever, though this version is not so evil as much as he is pragmatic.

Although, most people will probably not be big fans of him because....well, he kinda helped Lunaria kill a lot of people during the war. And then he invented necromancy, raised those people as undead, and used them to kill a bunch more people. So...not a popular guy at all.

But hey, who needs popularity when you have power and really good looks?

Also....i just noticed that one of the princes is named Ragna Sol Dragonedge...ripoff to the max, bro. I do wish that episode of death battle hadn't gotten taken down though, it was pretty awesome.

Aiyanna

Is so lost she thinks she ended up going upside down when she meant to turn right....
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: eternaldarkness on February 19, 2015, 08:32:13 PM
Also....i just noticed that one of the princes is named Ragna Sol Dragonedge...ripoff to the max, bro. I do wish that episode of death battle hadn't gotten taken down though, it was pretty awesome.

He couldn't come up with a name and just combined the two main characters from both games (Ragna Bloodedge and Sol Badguy incase you're wondering :'D) XD

fyi, I was laughing my ass off so much I had a stomachache when he confessed about it XD