Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlexia

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Aiden

Quote from: Emjay on May 02, 2016, 09:00:00 AM
What about your Henry Cavill? Has he already been snapped up? I wouldn't be surprised, ppl love that face claim. :P

No plans that far out but he is no knight and not noble nor heir.

Caela

Quote from: Aiden on May 02, 2016, 09:13:27 AM
No plans that far out but he is no knight and not noble nor heir.

If he gets to the point of vying for the head of House Barratheon however, an adventageous marriage might not be impossible. Especially since he's the grandson of a former King (good blood if a bit diluted) and comes from a wealthy family and a lot of Noble Houses are still trying to refill their coffers after the War of Five Kings. I'd imagine more than one wealthy merchant managed to buy their way into the nobility over the last couple generations.

Caela

Pending GM approval, this is the youngest Stark child of Sansa's line. Urban is making the older brother mentioned in her sheet.

Lyanna Catelyn Stark
"The Cunning Wolf"
"The Red Wolf"
"The Direwof's Lady"

Full Name: Lady Lyanna Catelyn Stark

Occupation: Second in Line to be Head of House Stark after her brother.

House: Stark

City: Winterfell

History:

The second grandchild and first granddaughter of Sansa Stark, Lyanna is named after two famed Stark women, her Great Aunt, and her Great Grandmother who were much beloved of her Great Grandfather, Ned Stark. Lyanna never knew her mother, as the woman died giving birth to her and she never knew her father well as he tended to avoid the child he saw as being responsible for the loss of the woman he loved. This left her much in the care of her Grandmother, Sansa, and the staff of Winterfell, all of whom were all to happy to regaile her with stories of her namesakes and happier times before the War of Five Kings. Growing up on stories of her Great Grandfather, his bride, his sister, his famed friendship with King Robert Baratheon and the ensuing chaos that followed in the wake of his generation, Lyanna found herself grateful to have been born under the peaceful reign of King Aegon Targaryon. Over the years, she also grew to despise what she saw as her Grandmother Sansa's weaknesses and vowed that she would never be simply a toy or bargaining chip for anyone playing the Game of Houses.

Vowed it not just to herself, but at the foot of a Weirwood tree to make the oath binding.

As she grew she never let her disgust with her Grandmother show, however. She simply distanced herself from the redhead that everyone said she looked so much like, finding other ways to spend her time than among the more "feminine" pursuits that her Grandmother often suggested. Instead of needlepoint, spinning, baking, or weaving, Lyanna could be, most often, found out on the practice courts (alongside her brother) among the men of their Hold. There she was indulged in the way of rough men with children and taught the things that interested them, and her, the most. At the feet of their household guard she learned the way of horses (riding and caring for them properly), survival skills, hunting, archery, the basics of swordplay, and how to use a quarterstaff but the weapon that seemed most natural in her hand was actually a dagger. She excelled at knife fighting and even progressed to learning how to, effectively and efficiently, fighting with two daggers against any weapon their guard could bring against her.

Learning to fight, ensuring she would never be a victim, was the happiest part of any day for Lyanna, but she recognized that to truly keep herself safe (and she didn't truly trust anyone else to do so) she needed to know how to play the Game of Houses as well. To that end many hours were spent with their Maester learning history, languages, reading, writing, the running of a household, basic medicinals, as well as among her Grandmother's courtiers learning how to smile ever so sweetly, how to seem unobtrusive, how to observe those around her and seem non-threatening and perhaps even a little naive, all while commiting everything around her to memory. Many of their retainers knew what she was doing. It was a game that she started at a young age, and they were all amused, at first, to help her, and then to challenge her anytime they were visiting Winterfell.

Now, in her late 20's, she's well known (among their own people) to be one of the greatest assets in the North and it's fully expected that her brother will arrange an inspired marriage for her to further the power of House Stark. An idea that Lyanna abhors.

Family Connections:

-Sansa Stark : Grandmother
-Doran Stark : Older Brother

Appearance:

Tall and statuesque, Lyanna towers over most other women at 5'11 in her bare feet. After her height it is a fight between which a person notices first, the flaming red mane fo curls (so reminiscent of her Grandmother) or the flashing blue of the eyes that she meets the world with. While there is often a smile on her lips those eyes hold a person's attention because they are constantly moving, assessing, the world around her and the people in it with keen intelligence and a confidence born of the surety of knowing her place in the world.

While at Winterfell, she keeps her garments simple. Her dresses are usually in muted shades of green, dark blue, or brown. While she has elaborate gowns for special guests or occassions, they are rarely brought out. She doesn't feel the need to flaunt her status in her own home. She knows who she is and so do her people. There's no need to use uncomfortable clothing to flaunt her status. Outside of Winterfell she can using her clothing to emphasize her status as the sole granddaughter to the Stark name. More vibrant colors and dresses can be drawn out, as well as matching boots or slippers to emphasize her height and the athletic length of her limbs and to give her lithe form a touch more curve to her silhouette.

Personality:

First impressions of Lyanna often bring descriptions like, charming, bubbly, intelligent, friendly, sweet and slightly naive. This is the face that Lyanna shows the world outside of Winterfell and the reputation that she has worked, over the years, to build among the other Houses when they have either had visitors to Winterfell or gone to other Houses or even King's Landing for affairs of State. Few people outside of her family, and those retainers closest to the Stark family, know the true depths of Lyanna's personality.

Those that know her best would laugh at the idea of the redhead being naive, though they would say that the rest can be true. To those who know her best she is also thoughtful, clear headed, firmly grounded, loyal, determined, protective, and the best leader many have seen from House Stark since her Grandfather Ned. She puts the well being of her family and the people beholden to them above all else and all of Winterfell knows it.

Aspirations and Goals:

• To make House Stark prosper
  • To fully bury the hatchet between House Stark and House Lannister
  • To see more than just the lands around Winterfell and King's Landing
  • To avoid being forced to marry for purely political reasons

Strengths/Weaknesses/Quriks:

Strengths:

• Intelligent
  • Observant
  • Has the loyalty of her people

Weaknesses:

• Stubborn
  • Hides the insecurity she feels about her place outside Winterfell
  • Worried about getting trapped in a political marriage

Character Death: Possible if worked out for the story.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Player's O&Os Lyanna is inexperienced when it comes to anything beyond flirting and a few stolen kisses. Being a nobly born daughter she recognizes the value of her virginity in a marriage and chafes at the restrictions it places on her. Most things can be negotiated between writers but absolute offs would be bathroom play, maiming, and underage partners.

Other Pictures

Primarch

Quote from: Caela on May 02, 2016, 10:21:02 AM
To fully bury the hatchet between House Stark and House Lannister

As our resident Lord Lannister, if you have anything in mind for this please do feel free to send me a PM! I'm sure we can work out something.

summoner2183

Quote from: Caela on May 02, 2016, 10:21:02 AM

• To fully bury the hatchet between House Stark and House Lannister

True, but I think besides the Lord Lannister... something can be worked out between me, Primarch's character and Caela's I think.

Caela

Quote from: Primarch on May 02, 2016, 10:29:21 AM
As our resident Lord Lannister, if you have anything in mind for this please do feel free to send me a PM! I'm sure we can work out something.

Quote from: summoner2183 on May 02, 2016, 10:33:11 AM
True, but I think besides the Lord Lannister... something can be worked out between me, Primarch's character and Caela's I think.

Something to be kept in mind; while Lyanna wants to fully bury the hatchet and have peace (she recognizes that a blood fued lasting for generation on generation serves no one) she does have an older brother (to be written by Urbanzorro) and his motivations and her own may not be at all the same!

The Dark Raven

Quote from: summoner2183 on May 02, 2016, 12:02:31 AM
I know Tullys and Lannisters do not get along well... but could there be a possible story or connection regarding the two Houses in this world?

I see no issue with this.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

summoner2183

Quote from: Caela on May 02, 2016, 10:41:02 AM
Something to be kept in mind; while Lyanna wants to fully bury the hatchet and have peace (she recognizes that a blood fued lasting for generation on generation serves no one) she does have an older brother (to be written by Urbanzorro) and his motivations and her own may not be at all the same!

Quite true. But i suppose a good and casual friendship between her and Jerome is still alright unless her older brother opposes it.

summoner2183

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 02, 2016, 10:45:06 AM
I see no issue with this.

The way I see it... Jerome is so far removed from the Head of Lannister spot that maybe other Great Houses while knowing he is a Lannister... sees him as no threat and more amiable towards him?

xPeachyPuff

I'm debating on making a member of the noble house Ashford under House Tyrell or making a Lannister...Decisions, decisions...

- Rainbow ♥

summoner2183

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on May 02, 2016, 10:54:16 AM
I'm debating on making a member of the noble house Ashford under House Tyrell or making a Lannister...Decisions, decisions...

- Rainbow ♥

We have a few Lannisters her and are welcome to have another member! :D

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on May 02, 2016, 10:54:16 AM

- Rainbow ♥

Ragnar could do with a competent sister at Casterly Rock. He's got a cousin a billion times removed who spends all day "healing" whores with his plants and he's got a cousin knee deep in King's Landing crime community. I for one would be delighted to see a fierce Lannister woman present.

Amelita

Quote from: Primarch on May 02, 2016, 10:59:17 AM
Ragnar could do with a competent sister at Casterly Rock. He's got a cousin a billion times removed who spends all day "healing" whores with his plants and he's got a cousin knee deep in King's Landing crime community. I for one would be delighted to see a fierce Lannister woman present.

The Lannister is strong in that one  XD

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Lockepick

Quote from: Primarch on May 02, 2016, 10:59:17 AM

Sudario would actually be Ragnar's brother, not cousin. I'm intending to send you a PM to work some stuff out there once I get some last things approved. I'm more than happy for additional competent siblings though!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

The Dark Raven

Quote from: summoner2183 on May 02, 2016, 10:48:50 AM
The way I see it... Jerome is so far removed from the Head of Lannister spot that maybe other Great Houses while knowing he is a Lannister... sees him as no threat and more amiable towards him?

She wouldn't have a problem with him; she is more focused on adventure than anything right now.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Primarch

Quote from: lockepick on May 02, 2016, 11:05:45 AM
Sudario would actually be Ragnar's brother, not cousin. I'm intending to send you a PM to work some stuff out there once I get some last things approved. I'm more than happy for additional competent siblings though!

Oh yes, you are entirely correct! Apologies. But do please, send me a PM. We'll sort out their relationship/arrangement.

xPeachyPuff

I might have been swayed to go Lannister then...If you guys don't mind adding a younger sister into the fray (:

- Rainbow ♥

Caela

Quote from: Primarch on May 02, 2016, 10:29:21 AM

I don't have anything specific in mind for it at the moment. Just a sort of lifelong goal of hers. To let the past be the past and bring an end to the blood spilled between their families. It almost entirely destroyed her family once, she really doesn't want to see that kind of death and destruction happen in her generation.

summoner2183

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 02, 2016, 11:08:11 AM
She wouldn't have a problem with him; she is more focused on adventure than anything right now.

That I can think... we can work sonething out... like a friendship of sorts between your character and mine?

summoner2183

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on May 02, 2016, 11:13:00 AM
I might have been swayed to go Lannister then...If you guys don't mind adding a younger sister into the fray (:

- Rainbow ♥

More than welcome! Though i dont know how she will treat Jerome though. Cold and with utter disdain... or just neutral and cordial?

Rel Mayer

I sent a PM to Urban, but I believe that Greyjoy and Starks need to be at odds with each other after the announcement.

Aiden

summoner2183

Quote from: Primarch on May 02, 2016, 11:10:21 AM
Oh yes, you are entirely correct! Apologies. But do please, send me a PM. We'll sort out their relationship/arrangement.

I kinda see a future of snarky behavior vy Sudario towards Jerome...

Lockepick

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on May 02, 2016, 11:13:00 AM

- Rainbow ♥

I welcome any amount of siblings! Sudario's 'concept' works more with the more siblings he has, honestly.

Quote from: summoner2183 on May 02, 2016, 11:22:26 AM
I kinda see a future of snarky behavior vy Sudario towards Jerome...

I'm honestly not quite sure how Sudario will react to Jerome. I was going to sort of play that by ear once we had a scene together. He's unlikely to have any opinion prior to an interaction -- less likely to blame Jerome for Tyrion's crimes, you know?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!