Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ RECRUITING!

Started by persephone325, October 01, 2018, 09:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Jag on October 02, 2018, 08:21:45 PM
Eh what the heck. I was going to give it some time, but I work the next two days and I'd rather not wait that long (lest work suck out the last bit of humanity that is in me). I'm going to give Nightcrawler a shot as a teacher.

While there are more nicer full body shots of Kodi Smith-McPhee's Nightcrawler in casual clothing and I know he's over 18, he's just too baby faced for my comfort and there are questions on how old his Nightcrawler actually is. So I'm going to go with Alan Cumming for the faceclaim.

Now to think of what sort of class he could teach. Anyone want to learn how to talk like a pirate with a German accent and sword fight? >.>

Welcome back! ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Jag

Thank you. ^^

Any suggestions on classes Kurt could teach? I see an option for Teleportation Training. That seems a little right for him...? Maybe he could head up a club like Fencing or even something more related to his circus background like Acrobatics or something?
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Totoro

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 02, 2018, 08:20:46 PM
Well I ask because I have a ton of OC. I had actually created a mutant team based in Canada at one point, so I was thinking of using a few of them.

Three's max, they can all be OC's if you'd like. The mutant team can either exist without them or have been disbanded when these characters joined the X-Men.

Quote from: Jag on October 02, 2018, 08:21:45 PM
Eh what the heck. I was going to give it some time, but I work the next two days and I'd rather not wait that long (lest work suck out the last bit of humanity that is in me). I'm going to give Nightcrawler a shot as a teacher.

While there are more nicer full body shots of Kodi Smith-McPhee's Nightcrawler in casual clothing and I know he's over 18, he's just too baby faced for my comfort and there are questions on how old his Nightcrawler actually is. So I'm going to go with Alan Cumming for the faceclaim.

Now to think of what sort of class he could teach. Anyone want to learn how to talk like a pirate with a German accent and sword fight? >.>

Glad you're in, and fair enough on the faceclaim.

I suppose it's easier to assess what he'd be best suited to teaching when the sheet's done. May be good at teaching hand to hand combat, definitely good at acrobatics as a club maybe, would be a standout to teaching the likely small but necessary teleportation class. I know some takes on Nightcrawler are highly religious so he could teach those studies. And finally maybe foreign languages if he's fluent in German. From a quick wiki glance through in canon he's fluent in a huge amount of languages, actually.

Edit: As per the reply that came as I was typing this, agreed on teleportation. Fencing, acrobatics definitely suitable clubs.

persephone325

Kurt might actually be a better fit to teach languages than Hank. ^^

Fencing would definitely be cool, and I can add acrobatics/gymnastics to the list if you'd like.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

EvieFrye

Nice. One of them is more anti hero then hero. She borders on turning into a villain, but she hasn't yet. So how would she be classified? And another was is a 'Hero' she has trust issues and while with the good guys doesn't consider herself one or the other.

Lady Lunarius

Sun: Look for a PM from me regarding my previous rendition of Pyre. May be tomorrow before I get it to you.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Totoro

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 02, 2018, 08:32:05 PM
Nice. One of them is more anti hero then hero. She borders on turning into a villain, but she hasn't yet. So how would she be classified? And another was is a 'Hero' she has trust issues and while with the good guys doesn't consider herself one or the other.

How much more anti hero? Player characters need to be suitable X-Men, and will be expected to operate non-lethally on missions unless given absolutely no choice. If she does turn into a villain she would likely have to become an NPC, as she would no longer be an ally to any of the other player's characters and would have nobody to interact with.

It's no issue for a character to have trust issues and not particularly see themselves as heroic, and to have killed in the past. One of the OC's I'm playing had an extensive life as a soldier, vigilante and X-Force operative and killed a lot during those years. The X-Men are all about forgiveness and as long as they can stop killing while working with them it's acceptable, although some may judge them for it.

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on October 02, 2018, 08:35:09 PM
Sun: Look for a PM from me regarding my previous rendition of Pyre. May be tomorrow before I get it to you.

Will do, no rush.

Aethyrium

I think I would like to give this a shot. I'll faceclaim Devon Jade Tacker as Eva Bell, a.k.a. Tempus.

Totoro

Quote from: Aethyrium on October 02, 2018, 08:36:09 PM
I think I would like to give this a shot. I'll faceclaim Devon Jade Tacker as Eva Bell, a.k.a. Tempus.

Awesome, not someone I've seen played before.

Just so you're aware Chronokinesis will naturally have to be treated with caution when used in missions so as to not trivialise everything, as it tends to be very very powerful. As long as it's employed with reason and not treated as a God mode button it's all good.

EvieFrye

Lets put it this way, the anti hero, her original story: She was abused by her father, and discovered she was a mutant when she accidentally killed him. She went on the run, became a thief. And almost joined the brotherhood. She was made as a fan character for Xmen evolution (if anyone remembers that show) But she joined the xmen anyway, but still didn't agree completely with them.

The other, had been experimented on since she was a child because of her mutant powers. By her father's lab.

Totoro

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 02, 2018, 08:42:52 PM
Lets put it this way, the anti hero, her original story: She was abused by her father, and discovered she was a mutant when she accidentally killed him. She went on the run, became a thief. And almost joined the brotherhood. She was made as a fan character for Xmen evolution (if anyone remembers that show) But she joined the xmen anyway, but still didn't agree completely with them.

The other, had been experimented on since she was a child because of her mutant powers. By her father's lab.

I do remember Evolution. Loved that show.

No issues with that backstory. Characters don't have to completely agree with the X-Men, they just have to follow the rules when they work with them.

EvieFrye

Ok, so I have my three. I'll work on profiles and face claims. Do I need actors? Or just anyone?

Totoro

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 02, 2018, 08:48:15 PM
Ok, so I have my three. I'll work on profiles and face claims. Do I need actors? Or just anyone?

I believe anyone in the public eye, if that makes sense. So you can't pull a friend's selfie from facebook, for example. But you can use any actors, musicians, models or other celebrities. These days I think things like Instagram models are fine too. They need to be over 18 and all photos of them need to be from when they were 18+.

EvieFrye

Of course, now I need to come up with costumes? I know a few character/doll makers that I can use. One is even a xmen mutant maker for females.

Totoro

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 02, 2018, 08:55:56 PM
Of course, now I need to come up with costumes? I know a few character/doll makers that I can use. One is even a xmen mutant maker for females.

Costumes can just be described, it's up to you to what extent you go. For the most part, at a basic, it would be assumed to be standard X-Men attire. Not quite sure what visual we're going for on the suits yet though.

EvieFrye

Ok, I was wondering, especially since the comics, movies and even some cartoons each had their own versions of the suits.

Totoro

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 02, 2018, 09:01:46 PM
Ok, I was wondering, especially since the comics, movies and even some cartoons each had their own versions of the suits.

Yeah, there will be a standard/basic suit handed out but then modifications will be allowed to be made either by or for the character depending on their needs or stylistic choices. So for some who don't care it would be left 'default' but you're welcome to make something more unique.

EvieFrye

I'll make some versions, and then see what works.

Aethyrium

Quote from: Sun Wukong on October 02, 2018, 08:41:07 PM
Awesome, not someone I've seen played before.

Just so you're aware Chronokinesis will naturally have to be treated with caution when used in missions so as to not trivialise everything, as it tends to be very very powerful. As long as it's employed with reason and not treated as a God mode button it's all good.
Absolutely understandable. I realize it's a potentially absurd level power, but I like to think I'm reasonable. I plan to play a younger, more newly realized version of her. So I expect her powers to cause as much trouble as they do good, or show that she has yet to really master them. If ever there's a need for me to tone back my thoughts, I'm open to adjusting based on storyteller needs.

Totoro

Quote from: Aethyrium on October 02, 2018, 09:42:37 PM
Absolutely understandable. I realize it's a potentially absurd level power, but I like to think I'm reasonable. I plan to play a younger, more newly realized version of her. So I expect her powers to cause as much trouble as they do good, or show that she has yet to really master them. If ever there's a need for me to tone back my thoughts, I'm open to adjusting based on storyteller needs.

Sounds good. It'll be a case by case thing. For example if there was a mission involving taking down Juggernaut, her freezing him for hours/days/weeks with a single touch would trivialise the situation for all others present. Sounds like you can handle it and we'll just see what happens and adjust as needed.

Lovely Complex

I'd like to toss my interest into this, as well. Love X-Men roleplays and I cannot resist. :D

💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

persephone325

Quote from: Cliffspiracy on October 03, 2018, 01:08:29 AM
I'd like to toss my interest into this, as well. Love X-Men roleplays and I cannot resist. :D

Welcome, welcome! ^^
I don't know.

JessLowell12

Hey everyone! I'm super interested in this. Are you still recruiting?

Also, could I play a character with a variant of maybe Quake's powers as a mutant? I know she's inhuman, but maybe I can fashion something more... mutant like. If you catch my drift?

Totoro

Quote from: JessLowell12 on October 03, 2018, 12:25:21 PM
Hey everyone! I'm super interested in this. Are you still recruiting?

Also, could I play a character with a variant of maybe Quake's powers as a mutant? I know she's inhuman, but maybe I can fashion something more... mutant like. If you catch my drift?

Very much still recruiting.

Quake would require dropping the whole Shield thing and making into a mutant but aside from that I don't see her being any issue.