News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones Fantasy (5th DnD, custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, May 21, 2016, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockepick

1) Right, we're on the same page there. I figured Survival was the most fitting -- I just meant I didn't get the additional free proficiency that coming from a major house seems to go.
2) When I wrote that question, I thought there were more things that were weak against Valyrian Steel -- but it's really just White Walkers. As well as being a status symbol.
3) I'm just expecting it to be a halberd in every way mechanically -- I just know that having a double-'edged' halberd is bordering on 'Dynasty Warriors' territory -- and I'm fine with toning it down if it's out of theme. I'm comfortable with it looking unwieldy, and just being a show of Boladyn's strength that he uses it. Again -- mechanically the same.
4) I might need some help with that one given the answer to #5... but I'll do some thinking and get back to you.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you get the additional free profiency from being part of great house only if you take noble background to said great house (so nobles from great houses get three profiency; the two normal ones to said background as norm plus one related to the noble house). I may have not checked did some profiencies overlap but idea is that being noble from great house gets more profiency stuff than regular noble.

Chulanowa

GOnna have my whatever-it-is up today. Did not count on 16 hour shifts at work. GAAAAH

Zaer Darkwail

No worries, I likely extend the recruit time by 1 week so give time for people to create char concept and create the charsheet. So far we got only two completed chars (a monk and figther) and progressing assassin concept/char. I would recruit 4-6 players for this game (preferably +5 as there is drop out rate even on E and I wish to have solid 4 party members anycase).

Zaer Darkwail

*pokes*

Just remind folks this game is still waiting for three or more applicants before I will start the game.

Relikai

I'm new here, but I concluded the 5th Edition Princes of the Apocalypse, Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat campaigns over the past 2 years. Would like to join this.

Planning to have a Human Female Paladin, Eastern Oriental Background. is that allowed?

Zaer Darkwail

Are you familiar with the Game of Thrones world Relikai? So far as I recall there has been not even single mention (or sight of) oriental looking people. But I imagine they would be from far east of Essos from a unexplored lands (or less known lands). But reason why one would be all that way in Westeros would need a good reason for it.

Relikai

One of the reasons I could come up with would be a slave traded from place to place via nobles. It's a long shot, but if it's too inconvenient then it's back to the culture of the British Isles.

Hold the door there.

Zaer Darkwail

Slave trading is possible, then someone bought her and then trained to become a paladin (a knight), in Westeros slavery is illegal so it's possible a slave ring was attacked by a local lord/knights and then one knights got fond of her and adopted her. However in Westeros for a woman to become a knight is very rare (considered to be freaks by many). Another potential is that you got martial training elsewhere (from Essos example as part of mercenary group), but being paladin is nothing to do being a knight but being idealistic.

Relikai

Agreed, was not planning for her to be a Brienne. However, seeing that the party is quite loaded on Martials, she might be a spellcaster or a person who could support from range.

Or a healer. Who wants a healer who's submissive due to her past?

Also, are we RPing according to D&D style, or Storytelling where we would do our actions while keeping track of our consumable abilities?

Zaer Darkwail

According 5th edition DnD rules we run things.

Relikai

So it will be tabletop style ? Waiting for everyone to post an action before a round is over?

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, you post your actions first and then I post foes actions (so this way you as player do not need me wait to write foe's initiative based actions). I mostly roll which team (yours or foes) gets to act first in given round. Ofc this is based on average total between the party members (so Alertness feat does not go waste example).

Relikai

Alright works, can give it a try. I'm assuming no Multi-classing ?

Will be working on Char now.

Zaer Darkwail

Multiclassing is possible but needs background story ofc.

Landshark

Interesting. Thinking of an Iron Isles merc ranger.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Landshark on June 07, 2016, 01:56:17 PM
Interesting. Thinking of an Iron Isles merc ranger.

Sounds like interesting start of a concept :)

Lockepick

Just voicing that I'm still interested. Boladyn was pretty much done. Just need to fluff out the backstory.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Lyku

Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Revelation

I am a bit interested in this, perhaps a traveling bard from the free cities, or maybe a paladin from oldtown (devotion). I wanna play someone who can hit things, but the party sort of has an abundance on that, and we could use someone who can keep others on their feet. Though with Lyku making a bard, a paladin seems more likely.

Elven Sex Goddess

Lyku

I visualizing Romero more of a middle class.  Not of the major houses, but his presence perhaps that his music had earned him a request to perform by individuals far above his station and when nobility makes such a request, it would be rude to not oblige.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 07, 2016, 04:35:39 PM
I am a bit interested in this, perhaps a traveling bard from the free cities, or maybe a paladin from oldtown (devotion). I wanna play someone who can hit things, but the party sort of has an abundance on that, and we could use someone who can keep others on their feet. Though with Lyku making a bard, a paladin seems more likely.

Paladin could be interesting choice, as Relikai aimed for oriental sort char thought paladin first but he decided he could roll for a submissive sort healer (cleric maybe?).

Quote from: Lyku on June 07, 2016, 05:07:43 PM
I visualizing Romero more of a middle class.  Not of the major houses, but his presence perhaps that his music had earned him a request to perform by individuals far above his station and when nobility makes such a request, it would be rude to not oblige.

Yeah, there are plenty of bards but not that many who perform at request for great houses (to get that you need high reputation and connections along with a talent).

Revelation

Probably human paladin. Maybe someone who started off as just a sellsword, but the more he saw the wrongs in the world, the more he wanted to try and make them right - though swordplay is all he really knows. His faith is in the protection of the few remaining good people, thinking that it takes man to protect man (Well, man as in the races of westeros), not the gods or higher powers. Of course, being a virtuous character in game of thrones is a death wish so I am kinda ready to deal with that too.

1651Leviathan

Very interested in this! Hopefully I'll have time to hammer out a concept, but right now it looks like an arcanist is the major niche that needs filling. I'm thinking of a warlock from Qarth, perhaps, but we'll see.