*gives up her geek badge cuz she has no clue who that is*

Prepare to have your mind blown.

:D

Josietta

Quote from: Praxis on August 31, 2012, 07:55:55 PM
Prepare to have your mind blown.

:D

Is that all? Just my mind?  O8)

I do look forward to seeing him though. A new hero that Lunar says is badass must be badass.. not like that time he said that Aquaman was Boss! :P

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Cold Heritage

Man, you guys. Aquaman is just so great. He is legitimately the reason that the Deep Ones don't control every coast on Earth. Don't hate, aquappreciate.

On a note more relevant to this thread, I face some difficulty, Lunar: the motivation for John Walker to go out get super-powers was to live up to his brother's legacy, and that brother was KIA in Viet Nam. I read in the OOC thread that there is some sort of sliding timeline going on, so would it be acceptable if I were to simply replace Viet Nam with 'the war'? Another matter that provides me with some pause is that USAgent's early history is necessarily tied in with that of Captain America - the two initially feuded and Agent even took over for a brief time as Captain America. But I could not find a biography for Captain America. In light of that, how do you think I ought to proceed?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

LunarSage

I base my bias of Aquaman on his pathetic Superfriends appearances.  I know he's actually badass and all that, but he suffered from the "we have to have part of every mission have to do with water in some way so Aquaman isn't useless" syndrome in that show.

Namor's still better though.   8-)

As far as US Agent goes, I believe Iblis is playing Captain America, so he may be better suited to answer that question (his relationship with US Agent).  As far as the war stuff, yeah.  Just reference "the war" and all will be good.  They had to do that with the Punisher, Iron Man, Mister Fantastic and the Thing as well since their histories all had to do with outdated wars.  If Iron Man had been involved in the Korean War I think he'd be in his 80s today.  Then again, without the sliding timescale, Peter Parker would be in his 60s.

Darwishi

I'm guessing original characters would have to be metahuman over being mutants?  To me the difference is "something happens" over "genetics happens", respectively.

Laughing Hyena

LunarSage

Quote from: Darwishi on August 31, 2012, 11:28:22 PM
I'm guessing original characters would have to be metahuman over being mutants?  To me the difference is "something happens" over "genetics happens", respectively.

Yep.  You are correct.  Altered Humans vs Breed Mutants. 

RedEve

Character retracted

Player Name: RedEve

Character Name: Iva Silvana Solomon

Nom De Guerre: Dark Mirage

Sex: female

Height: 5’10

Weight: 125 lbs

Hair: black

Eyes: green

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Ons: Strength, courage, intelligence

Offs: Cowardice, dishonesty, disloyalty

Place of Birth: London, England

Current Nationality: Currently a US resident

Known Relatives: Iva was a warden of the state. She did not get along with the majority of the foster homes she was put in. At the age of 16, she was allowed to live on her with the assistance of social services, which was an option she grabbed with both hands. She has no blood relatives she knows of, and she never got close enough to her foster families to forge any enduring bonds.

Current Occupation: Iva is a full-time agent for S.H.I.E.L.D.

Current Place of Residence: NYC, an apartment close by SHIELD Central.

Affiliations: Iva is an agent of SHIELD.

Hobbies: Hobbies include 19th century Russian authors and all manner of hand-guns (owning them and shooting them)

Origin of Powers: Iva was not born with any special powers. Instead, she was enrolled in British intelligence from an early age, becoming a field agent for MI6 before she had finished university. As such she went to intensive training in hand-to-hand combat, fire-arms and intelligence gathering. This training was further enhanced upon after she joined SHIELD.

Strength Level: Human strength with regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 200 lbs

Powers: Iva possesses no supernatural powers.

Fighting Skill: Her combat training both for MI6 and then for SHIELD have made her a Class 5 (Natural Talent with intensive training (High end martial artists)) fighter. She is also an excellent marksmen, with handguns as well as with (automatic) rifles. She is also fluent in five languages and has a network of contacts all over the world. Her standard issue weapon of choice are a pair of FN Five-sevens she carries on her at all times.

Iva's weapon of choice

Limitations: Iva’s limitations are the fact that she does not possess any supernatural abilities. She is as vulnerable to bullets, explosions and knives as any regular human being. As such, there are some crisis situations she cannot possibly hope to survive.

Unusual Features: Tiny pear-shaped birth mark on her left butt-cheek

Appearance: See picture

Personality: Iva is a strong-willed woman with a very well-developed independent streak. The hardest thing she had to learn at both MI6 and SHIELD is working together closely within a team. From an early age she was used to depend on herself and herself alone. Even though she has become an effective team member, there are times when this lone wolf desire still rears its ugly head. She is very professional and something of a workaholic. When she is not on a mission, she spends most of her free time bettering her skills or reading up on information that might be useful in future missions.

History: Iva Silvana Solomon was put up for adoption before she was two. Her name is really all she has from her parents, as her memory of them doesn’t even include a face. After several failed attempts at adoption, Iva bounced around from foster home to foster home. She found it hard to settled with any of them, and soon wore out her welcome at most. It was a relief when she was allowed to live on her own with the assistance of social services at the age of 16. With most of the conflict now out of her life, she started to thrive in school and got into a good university. There she was approached by an MI6 recruiter and put through their program. The first three years in the field were a dream. Iva seemed to have a knack for the job and she was sent to increasingly difficult postings. One mission in Morocco went terribly bad, leading to the death of two other field agents and Iva being dealt a burn notice under the suspicion of having betrayed her colleagues.

Thankfully she found a new home at SHIELD, who knew she was innocent of the betrayal that had cost her the MI6 career. She was once again put through training by SHIELD, and after six months of intense studying and work-out, she was put in the field by the organization for the first time. She has enjoyed her second career and intends not to allow anything to ruin it for her this time around. Some of her missions have found her embedded with the Avengers, an experience she found both exhilarating and daunting.

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

LunarSage

Oh I like that character, RedEve.  She's a go ahead on my end.  Iblis, do you agree?

Iblis121

Yep, yep! No complaints here. You've got the green light, Red Eve :]

LunarSage

loislanekent, I need to know who you have slated to play Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Panther so I can add their names to the "TAKEN" list on page one.

AribethAmkiir

What's different between Iva and Black Widow?  Or are they pretty similar?

LunarSage

They look vaguely similar (similar SHIELD training), but Iva seems to rely on firearms more than Natasha does (Black Widow has her Widow's Bite blast).  That's just my thoughts.  RedEve would be better to answer that question.

Cold Heritage

Iva doesn't have ties to the Russian super-soldier programs, either. There's some similarities, but you'd have the same thing with, say, Maria Hill or Sharon Carter.

Darwishi

So, I've got this character Tigress that uses the same suit as White Tiger.  I realized after reading the White Tiger comic that there are a few similarities between them too, but they're not exactly the same.  Would it be in bad form to submit the Tigress character for approval?

LunarSage

I'm unfamiliar with a White Tiger character.  Is that Marvel?  I will be more than shocked if there's a Marvel character I'm unfamiliar with.  O.O

Cold Heritage

There's a couple of them. The one he's probably referring to are the top two here:

http://www.comicvine.com/search/?q=white+tiger

AribethAmkiir

What's different between White Tiger and Tigra?

LunarSage

Weird.  I had read the old OHtMU and the 89 Update to it front to back and I don't recall that character.  I mean, I never read much Daredevil, but I always prided myself on knowing at least nominally who even the obscure characters were. 

I am ashamed.   :'(

Cold Heritage

White Tiger's a person in a costume, while Tigra's a furry.

LunarSage

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 01, 2012, 09:50:22 PM
White Tiger's a person in a costume, while Tigra's an incredibly sexy not quite furry.

Fixed it for you.  :P

Darwishi

Angela Del Toro is the one I'm talking about.  My character is Nicole Pearl.  How they get their powers is different.  Nicole was a detective, Angela starts off as an FBI agent.  Angela gets a medallion from her uncle (whom was White Tiger before her) and Nicole winds up paralyzed and through a special nano treatment ends up with a "suit" that forms over her and grants her powers.

That's the basic...very VERY basic rundown.  Personally I like Nicole a little better, I've had the character for years so I know her a bit better, but I could play Angela if you wanted.

And yes, Marvel.  I have one of those online subscriptions so I read a lot of Marvel stuff.  And I first saw the character on that Spectacular Spiderman cartoon. ^_^

EDIT: That's Ultimate Spiderman, not Spectacular.  Guh.  Too many Spiderman cartoons. XDD

AribethAmkiir

So, is White Tiger similar to Black Panther?  Except for being the King of Wakanda?