Interest check for a street gang/romance rp.

Started by Shadow879, July 18, 2010, 03:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow879

I've got an idea I've been wanting to play out for a long time.

A small, tight-knit group of young street thugs gets torn apart by the death of their unofficial leader, and learn who are really their friends, and a little romance thrown in between my character and one of the boys, and hopefully there is interest in this, so there can be more romances than just mine.

Kind of "The Outsiders" style, but different characters and modern setting.

The objective of this roleplay is not JUST sex. Sex is definitely involved and encouraged, but romantically. Some kink is ok, try to use sparingly for this RP. No s/m-type stuff, maybe some bondage, or even rape, if thats where the story heads.

Young characters preferred, my character is 17, so 16-23 is the best age-range.

Alene 'Spaz' Proulx:

17 year old girl with a fiery temper and a sharp tongue. She always carries a knife or three and has a deep distrust of most of the world. She got the nickname Spaz from her reaction to energy drinks. She has a disguise built up as a tough, streetwise girl with too many knives, but is hiding inside a lonely girl who wants someone she can trust.

The girl in my avatar is her face. Yes it's Suicide Girl Dot, but that's how I envisioned her face, but with a personality like Kyra from Chronicles of Riddick.

Male and female characters are welcome. I need at least 2 or 3 female characters besides myself, along with 3-4 males. So 6-8 people in total. If there's a lot of interest, then more.

This is my first forum roleplay, friends, help me brainstorm please? It's also 3 in the morning so my creative side is running on fumes at this point.

I don't have a whole lot of restrictions here. If you have a character that you think would be good to roleplay as a street punk, then please post :) I'm not trying to make any dedicated characters and names besides mine. I'm male roleplaying a female, so if that's a problem for you then don't bother.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

elfguy

I'm very interested in street gang type characters. I tried to start an idea similar to this a while back but it didn't take off, hopefully this one will.

I would play a tough, ruthless female gang member.
----

Carlissa

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Shadow879

Quote from: Carlissa on July 18, 2010, 05:49:11 PM
Would pregnancy be a problem?

I can't see it being that much of a problem, no. She'll probably just get shit about being fat from the other members.

Carlissa

But woman are pretty when pregnant, even if they are fat! As long as she is attractive and shows plenty of skin... xD
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

elfguy

It's not my thing, but I don't see any problem if one of the members were pregnant.

On a side note so far we'd have 3 female gang members, guess we need to get more males somehow  :P
----

Shadow879

Indeed. Need about 4 males, not including the leader who dies. so one guy gets left out. Love triangle, anyone? I'm thinking there's gonna be a showdown :D

Need male characters!!! Need one person to roleplay the leader for a short period of time, along with one other character. When the leader dies, you will revert back to your character.

I am leaving the names up to you guys!!!!! Make some up :)

elfguy

Looks like there isn't much male interest, surprising :/
----

Shadow879

Indeed, kind of annoying. I was really hoping to develop Alene, because she is a new character for me, and I haven't had a chance to develop her character through RP yet.

I'll give it another 48 hours. If no one is interested, I'll close it. Oh well.

elfguy

Could go with a female only gang with a slightly different plot.
----

Travaius

Well I am interested in playing in this game. Thinking that is if it remains open.
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Shadow879

I'll leave it open, but try to recruit some people, if you know anyone on the forums who enjoys doing these. I really would like to do this roleplay. It's the first roleplay I've started on this forum.

Quote from: elfguy on July 19, 2010, 09:36:18 PM
Could go with a female only gang with a slightly different plot.

I may end up doing just that. In fact I might go change it shortly. I'll think about it for a little while.

*edit* Yep, that's what I'm doing. Small, tight-knit little group of girls. *edit*

Travaius, did you plan on playing a male or female? It's up to you really, but if you're a guy you'll be mostly thrown in with a group of gals.

Travaius

Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

elfguy

----

Shadow879

Quote from: elfguy on July 20, 2010, 09:29:16 PM
He could have been the group's playtoy :P

Hehe, that would have been entertaining. I'm about to make an OOC/Character thread in NC Freeform: Small Groups, because of the possibility of rape.

I'll post what info I need at minimum about your character, and you guys can help me think of a good name, cause I'd come up with some stupid thing.

Shadow879

Shadow879

Please go check the OOC/Character thread out. New name is Cypher Syndicate. Thread locked.