Misadventures during Traveling [UN]

Started by Janeilbennett, October 08, 2009, 10:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janeilbennett

I'm looking for a few females and males for an RP I'd like to start in a late Medieval/early Industrial world mixed up with a little bit of fantasy that you might find in Narnia and the Unicorns of Balinor books.

The story I basically have is that a boy called Neil from today's world ends up in forementioned world and loses most of his memory. All he remembers is that he came from somewhere else, and that he will try to get home. The two women that were taking care of him decide to go with him.

Where I want to start the story, they had traveled for a few days and get to a small oceanside town where they're trying to find a ship. This is where basically everyone meets up. I figured once everyone gets on board, it can play out as a soap opera/drama kind of as the ship takes a few weeks to reach its destination. Someone gets close to one person, etc. I've outlined what kind of people I'd like to fill which role, you can name the character whatever you want. Note or post here if you're interested, and let's get writing! :D

Who I'm looking for:

Female 1: Slightly on the older age spectrum (27-ish), a middle of somewhat dominant and submissive. Motherly, caring, is one of the women who was caring for Neil. -BUBBLEZ

Female 2: About the same age as Neil (18-19), can be submissive, run across at a small tavern as a waitress. Cares a lot for Neil, and is the most spirited and courageous out of all of the girls. -Alysanthia

Female 3: The other woman who helped take care of Neil, the older sister of Female 1. Aloof, a teaser, and loves to have fun with men very frequently. Asherah

Female 4: Male 1's daughter, accompanies him on his voyages. Insightful, smart, and is an introvert. 20-ish. -yume

Male 1: About in his forties, the captain of the sailing ship Morning Star. Firm but kind, is a father. -MadPanda

Male 2: First mate to Male 1, spirited, bold, and charming. Roughly 25. -Wolfy4226

Male 3: Cabin boy, about 18 -Jated
Ons and Offs
Janeilbennett is about, can be reached and only in the house when called.
Open to New RP's; please see On/Offs.
"What's with that lame outfit?"
"Hmph. I can say the same about yours."
"Marketing, marketing. Unlike you, my chest gives hopes and dreams to people."
-Macross Frontier

Haibane

Mildly curious... please can you tell me more about what fantasy elements will be in the game?

Wolfy

Janeilbennett

Let's see...travel to other worlds via caverns and/or doors with jewels on the front like the Balinor books. Maybe a mystical creature here and there, (i.e kraken, griffin, etc), unusual and bizarre things like Ents, wise old people that live in the mountains or on deserted islands, and lots of ruins of past civilizations. xD Different type of flora and fauna exist, and I was going to throw in a lot of prehistoric creatures that are extinct today (mammoths, ammonites, etc)
Ons and Offs
-Macross Frontier

Haibane

But the player characters are fully human? No weird powers?

Janeilbennett

Yes, they do not have powers and are all fully human. The idea was that there are normal people in a strange abnormal world, and work on their human character, desires, and relationships despite all that is going on around them. :)
Ons and Offs
-Macross Frontier

Wolfy

I'll take the first mate position, if you like! *calls it* XD

Janeilbennett

Yayz! xD Now we just need other people. :) I'll edit the post.
Ons and Offs
-Macross Frontier

Haibane

Can I just try to get my bearings please?

Quotea boy called Neil from today's world ends up in forementioned world and loses most of his memory. All he remembers is that he came from somewhere else, and that he will try to get home. The two women that were taking care of him decide to go with him.
I don't understand 'taking care of him'. Do you mean from his own world, or did they meet him in this one? If so, how? Wouldn't it be significant to RP that meeting?

Quotethey had traveled for a few days and get to a small oceanside town where they're trying to find a ship.
I like to get my feet firmly rooted in what is going on. After 'a few days' the boy and the two women would know each other pretty well. I think that's an important phase to RP unless you plan to feed the two women a stack of information about Neil, where he's from, why, what he remembers, etc.

Janeilbennett

You don't have to get agitated; I can only answer if you ask what you want to know. I can't read your mind. D:

1st Question: They met him in the world they're in. When he arrived, he was hurt badly and unconcious. The women discovered him and brought him into their place, treating him to get better. It is significant; when starting, they are the original "travel party" before meeting everyone else.

2nd Question: I'll feed the people who'll be playing the women, unless it wants to be played out. There isn't much to know. They just know his name, he came somewhere else, and he doesn't remember much.

I hope that helps.
Ons and Offs
-Macross Frontier

Haibane

It does help, thanks. I wasn't getting agitated though, just curious about a few things. And yes, you hadn't explained them, and I know you can't read my mind, which was why I was asking ;)

Janeilbennett

Okies, that's fine. Ask anything else you want. :)
Ons and Offs
-Macross Frontier

MadPanda

Male 1: About in his forties, the captain of the sailing ship Morning Star. Firm but kind, is a father.

(strokes his furry chin thoughtfully)

Let me see what I can dream up.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Wolfy

^-^ Just pm me when we're ready to start, K? :D

Janeilbennett

As of now, all the roles are filled. Thank you for everyone that has showed interest; more positions may open up in the future.
Ons and Offs
-Macross Frontier

Wolfy

Alysanthia

Just wondering if you had a set character creation guide or is it do-it-yourself type creation?

Wolfy

I think it's do it yourself..o-o..that's what I did, anyway. :D

Janeilbennett

Yes, its do-it-yourself. I sent a PM to your inbox; read the instructions. :)
Ons and Offs
-Macross Frontier