Games That Are Far More Fun and Addicting Than They Should Be

Started by Trouble, May 17, 2010, 05:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trouble

We've all got little internet games we like to play. Many of them are hilariously stupid and yet, at the same time, far more addicting than they should be. So... yeah. Post them here, along with a short description of what they are.

Dolphin Cup/Olympics 2 -- You're a dolphin. Who jumps. Yeaah. >> You're supposed to jump out of the water and do a bunch of tricks. It's really fun. There's also Dolphin Olympics, which was the first version. Dolphin Cup has made the graphics prettier.
Dolphin Cup/Olympics 2 <-- A better link.

Seed -- Create the ultimate flower! ... No, really. That's it. You crossbreed a bunch of different flowers to make new ones. It's much more fun than it sounds. I enjoy leaving it on Auto and letting it run in the background and then checking on it in an hour or so.
Seed <-- Link without the ads, on dA. Found by Caeli! Thank her for it. :3

For both of these games, you have to scroll down past some ads. Just ignore them.
Trouble's switches: On/Off
RP Request (MxM) (Current craving for Doctor Who/Torchwood)
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

Sho

Oh, my. Fancy Pants is definitely my vice.

http://armorgames.com/play/301/fancy-pants-adventures

You play a little man with fancy pants who runs around and goes through doors and does flips and just. It's a bit like Mario as far as how you run around to complete levels. So addicting!

Callie Del Noire

Oniya

Just about everything that Ninjakiwi puts out, but this one in particular:

http://www.ninjakiwi.com/Games/Puzzle/Dont_Save_The_Princess.html

The object is to not save the princess.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kazyth

It needs to be said.  Plants vs. Zombies: http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz

I love this game, so very, very, very much.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Ket

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

DarklingAlice

Quote from: Trouble on May 17, 2010, 05:06:17 PM
Seed -- Create the ultimate flower! ... No, really. That's it. You crossbreed a bunch of different flowers to make new ones. It's much more fun than it sounds. I enjoy leaving it on Auto and letting it run in the background and then checking on it in an hour or so.

O_o My productivity so did not need to know about this.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Wolfy

Trouble

Good, good. :3 Come on, share some more silly internet games.
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Host of Seraphim

Run!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/run

Such a simple little game, but I've spent over an hour playing it before. I like to play it for like 5 minutes in the morning to help my brain wake  up. *has been late to school because she had too much fun playing it and lost track of time*  ::)
Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::

Samael

On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Oniya

If you don't mind including free games that have to be downloaded:

http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/

The concept is simple:  move the ball to open up matching symbols.  Only thing is, there are a few hundred different ways to do this, ranging from the incredibly simple to the mind-bogglingly complex.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Caeli

Quote from: Samael on May 18, 2010, 08:22:46 PM
Gemcraft Chapter 0
So damn addictive...

>.< I'm level 76.

Quote from: Trouble on May 17, 2010, 05:06:17 PMSeed -- Create the ultimate flower! ... No, really. That's it. You crossbreed a bunch of different flowers to make new ones. It's much more fun than it sounds. I enjoy leaving it on Auto and letting it run in the background and then checking on it in an hour or so.

My flowers! <3

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Trouble

Aww, those are so pretty! Those are far prettier than any of the flowers I've managed to make. They look like little gems.
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)

Caeli

Quote from: Trouble on May 19, 2010, 12:17:07 AM
Aww, those are so pretty! Those are far prettier than any of the flowers I've managed to make. They look like little gems.

That was after I'd let it sit for almost four hours, when I went out. xD

I like these ones better. :-)

You can play Seed with no ads on deviantart, on the artist's page. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Samael

Quote from: Caeli on May 19, 2010, 12:12:25 AM
>.< I'm level 76.

I think I needed to pass the level 100 to defeat the last round. But damn, it was a great feeling.
Lost my PC, and the save though :/

Elements:
Edit: seems there is a virus there now? *Taken out*

A free Magic The Gathering like game, with nice graphic and even online play against others.

League of Legends
http://www.leagueoflegends.com

A free Dota clone with dozens of characters, nice graphics and addictive gameplay.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Caeli

My friends have been going nuts about League of Legends.

Me, I want to wait until I get Windows 7 and reformat my computer before I start playing. >.>

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Heaven Sent Blossom

Ginormo Sword?
I lost many an hour to this ludicrous thing back before I reformatted. To the point where I needed to make a macro for mouse clicking lest I turn my mouse hand into a claw.

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Kunoichi

Prince of Persia: The Fallen King.

The game isn't all that good.  It's a cheap tie-in game for the Nintendo DS that gets progressively buggier the farther you get into the game, the special powers for the final level are only about half-finished, and the graphics are seriously lacking in polish.

And yet, the gameplay is genuinely fun, the plot's not bad at all, and I've played through the game three times and am about to start on a fourth. >>; From 1 to 10, I wouldn't rate it higher than a 7, but it's about as fun as a 9.

And then there's this little jewel, which is a bit like Bejeweled, but without a time limit...

Acinonyx

Does anyone remember the webgame I totally don't remember the name of?!

It was black & white game where you played a white and a black figure.
The black figure could stand on black boxes, black bars and so on, while the white figure could walk on everything in white.

You could switch between the two figures (the screen would turn upside down) and they had to help each other from their respective worlds to get through the level.

It only had a limited amount of levels, but I loved it!

---

Addon: Home Sheep Home

Tharic

Quote from: Oniya on May 17, 2010, 06:16:33 PM
Just about everything that Ninjakiwi puts out, but this one in particular:

http://www.ninjakiwi.com/Games/Puzzle/Dont_Save_The_Princess.html

The object is to not save the princess.

Losing so much time on this one right now...

Oniya

The only thing saving you is the fact that there are a limited number of levels.   >:)

kikideru

"I do not spew profanities I enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady"

My O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131220.0