Interesting question and poll

Started by Kittenchan, July 14, 2008, 08:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kittenchan

I have thought of this multiple times, working as/at club as a striper and/or a gentleman's club. I mean it's good money, especially since where I live it's very hard to get a job if you are white... (that is not meant to be offensive or racist) I was just wondering what everyone thought of this idea. Also if anyone has any advice about it.

You know you have found the purrrfect one when every gesture is affectionate. >^.^<

How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Lithos

Know couple people who do and nothing strange about them, but I imagne that the work environment is a lot more "safe" around here than around there, no junkies or drugs or that kind of crap around much at all. Requires some skill though but if you are confident about that, might be ok.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

The Overlord

Have to agree if the business can run relatively clean and the girls stay away from drugs, etc. It might sound like an oxymoron but if you mostly eliminate the sleaze factor and run it honorably, it's a business like any other. Like any other it should be a safe and productive environment for the girls that work it.

You're talking to a guy who find the mainstream adult entertainment industry largely watered down and unimaginative; basically to entertainment what Budweiser is to the beer industry, and has barely ever been to a strip club, but I am trying to see it objectively as well.

Edit- did you truly mean "genital men's club", or was this intended as 'gentleman's club'?

Kittenchan

Quote from: The Overlord on July 14, 2008, 09:12:17 PM

Edit- did you truly mean "genital men's club", or was this intended as 'gentleman's club'?

It kept fixing it when I would type it... So I slightly gave up but I'll fix it.

You know you have found the purrrfect one when every gesture is affectionate. >^.^<

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Lithos

I cannot really vote since I do not know the places or people around you. And you should not go to work at any place before you meet someone working there and see how they like it, and how you like them. Only way to really know how its like there.
--

Trieste

Most of these clubs have a tendency to take care of their girls. First of all, it's their main source of income, and second of all they don't want to have even a whiff of a prostitution or trafficking charge against them (or similar, depending on the county and state). The choice to dance up there is yours, and nobody else has to live with it but you - so make your own decision morally.

But if you do decide yes, make damn sure you play it safe. As with any other job, park your car under a streetlight. Have a bouncer or a guy friend you trust (preferably a REALLY BIG one) walk you to your car after closing, or walk with a big group of the other girls... Don't do 'private shows' in peoples' homes. Don't go to private parties unless you already know and trust the people going. And for god's sake watch your drink if you go. All sorts of common sense stuff that it seems like college girls and adult entertainers forget when they step through the door.

Kittenchan

Yeah, there are a few really nice ones around where I am. The look like they were just pulled out of Vegas as scenery and bouncers and stuff. I just really wanted a wide option from people.

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Trieste

If you can do it, go for it. It's a lot of good money if you can shake your ass right, and if nothing else, it pays the rent while you're looking for something better. And if you want a less (*amen*) hands-on thing, you can consider phone sex lines, though I'm told it's really boring (sorry, guys). I know girls that work on them and it pays decent enough... and also gives time for homework if you can multi-task, depending on the caller and the company.

There's plenty of other stuff out there, too, but as long as we're talking sex trade...

Lithos

Actually... I classify working on phone sex crap a lot worse than working on high quality club. I mean.. seriously, think about people who use such lines.. and imagine being their little helper in jacking off?

Freaking eww x.x

In good club you get both staff and clients who actually appreciate you. I guess there also are places where everyone from street can go to, but I would not call such a place a club.
--

Trieste

It's kinda ew, but have you ever worked in a call centre? I have. Believe me... female call centre workers (and some guys; I've heard fewer stories from guys than gals though) get a load of crap from callers as well. You deal with it, you take a long shower, and you move on. :P

Maeven

There are several good points raised here and I agree with mostly all of them.

No, I don't think there's anything reprehensible about it.  Yes, there's good money to be made. What's the law in your area? i.e. is it full nude,full contact, full bar? That really might color my answer...

The two main dangers I see are very, very real though. The first has been mentioned... drugs.  It's easy enough to say 'yes, its ok as long as you don't get mixed up with drugs'.  Practically speaking, you are almost guaranteed to have it in your face, day in day out.  That's a hard thing not to get "mixed up" with. It's a side-effect of the 'I work every night and make cash money'.  It happens with all facets of the hospitality industry... restaurant, bar, club, strip club. 

The second problem... and possibly even the bigger one, is that you (and I paraphrase someone I respect very much) don't want to get caught up "making good money."  I am guessing you are fairly young... early in your education. You start working and bringing in two, three or four hundred dollars a night doing what you're doing... it becomes less and less easy to leave that and start working for "the man" for $18 dollars an hour... or even $50K a year...

Lastly... it really takes a special kind of person to deal with the BS that patrons of these places dish out on an hourly basis. The only thing worse than an asshole who thinks he's got a right to grope you... is a drunk asshole that thinks he's got a right to grope you. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Kittenchan

Most of the ones around her are nude but no contact. And I find drugs icky. Basically out of all the money I ever get even for birthdays and stuff: I put 2/3s of it in the bank for college and I hardly spend tons of money as it is.  I never have more than forty dollars in my wallet at a time unless I know what it is going to; like a video game or at an anime convention. I mean, all I really want it to be able to pay for school and have a little pocket change.

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Psi

Voted Other:

Look at it this way - don't just consider it in terms of the money.

What is your future career - are you going into a career where the fact you were once a stripper, or a "dancer" at a gentleman's club affect your career prospects?

What are your own taboo's about your body, or others viewing your body, and how do you handle comments made by guys and girls?

What does your significant other (if there is one) or family think about the idea?

What is the reputation of the place in regards to how it cares for its staff?

What is the security of the place like?  (Secure parking for staff etc)

What is expected of the dancers?  Here local laws have been mentioned, but also even in areas where full contact might be allowed, some clubs might not.

Hopefully that distills a fair number of comments here, and brings out my viewpoint in regards to what you should consider.

The Overlord

Quote from: Trieste on July 14, 2008, 09:50:25 PM
Have a bouncer or a guy friend you trust (preferably a REALLY BIG one) walk you to your car after closing, or walk with a big group of the other girls...

Size of course can be overrated. In absence of a really big guy friend, a smaller one with a good gun works just fine. Regardless of what Hollywood shows you, even the biggest guys tend to crumple into an undignified heap when a few ounces of lead goes parading through their thick little skulls.

Lithos

Quoteeven the biggest guys tend to crumple into an undignified heap when a few ounces of lead goes parading through their thick little skulls.

And the moron stupid enough to bring a gun to a public place manages to kill few bystanders in the process. Even knife is better, hard to gut a wrong person.
--

Sherona

Quote from: Lithos on July 15, 2008, 07:47:33 AM
And the moron stupid enough to bring a gun to a public place manages to kill few bystanders in the process. Even knife is better, hard to gut a wrong person.

*quirks a brow at such judgementalness.....*

A gun is a deterrent in the case that the Overlord spoke. The people he suggest take a gun someplace is not taking it to just randomly start shooting...its there to ward off all but the most determined people...most see a gun and think "I will find an easier victim.." If this is in the United States then most do not have a concealed weapon license to go along with their gun license so they have to carry it in plain view...a very big deterrent there.

the one's who tend to just shoot up in a highly populated public place are the ones that are up to no good. *shrugs* What overlord is suggesting, while violently depicted, is nothing more then police officers in the United States do..carry a weapon to deter but not in the intent of shooting it unless absolutely necessary.

Owtlaw1

It is a choice to make, as long as you do not go crazy with it than it is alright. Don't do drugs, don't prostitute yourself out on the side, and make sure that you do not overstress yourself. If you stay away from those things than it is just another job. I mean I got my job because I am charismatic and am wonderful at speaking with people I do not know, so I work at a call center. So why should having a good looking body be used against you?

Sethite

Work is work. I have nothing against it or people who are doing this. Why should I?
Truly, madly, deeply...