Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valitreah

She'll need some translation, yes. Until which time she's cured and she'll slowly begin talking again.

Saric

Honestly if even just she is made immune to the virus' effects then she can talk to War when their alone. He's immune to disease and doesn't even need to breath in the first place. :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Valitreah

We have a plan to rid her of the virus completely eventually, but for the time being that may come in handy. I'm also prepared to add her character sheet to the character sheets in the game thread.

Valitreah

Hey there! So I did put up a new thread so that a couple characters could get into the story easier. I'd really appreciate it if you let me know before posting just so I know who's going to be in the thread otherwise have at it! Thanks! If I already tagged you, you don't need to let me know.

Ironwolf85

got it!
I figured given that she's wandering the sands i9n a real world battlefield amelia would have to check in or be on hand.

wierdly enough she's the one doing the cover up stuff sometimes with the real world humans >w>
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Valitreah

I have no problem with you being in the thread! I welcome other participants. I just want to know who will be coming in so I can keep track of them :) Thank you for letting me know!

Mac84

Bumpping for Consideration. We always welcome new players! :D

WanderingBlackDragon

Laughing Hyena

It's game protagonists. As in pick a video game character to play as. From my recollection there are very few characters from video games that can say their origins are from the real world. You can potentially build a character from the ground up but they still have to be a protagonist from a video game world. aka a creatable character such as the Inquisitor from Dragon Age, Dovahkin from Skyrim and so on.

WanderingBlackDragon

Should probably say this just to be safe.

What I meant to do with this character was to have someone who actually had traveled between various game worlds, a sort of allegory for "The Player". But, I don't think his personal history properly conveyed this. Any suggestions?

Laughing Hyena

Oh no, I got that. But that is not the point of this ongoing game. My suggestion is to find a video game character that you are familiar with. Whom you would be willing to spend long term in their point of view.

WanderingBlackDragon

Well, that'll be difficult. Most of the characters I'd be comfortable with are spoken for

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: WanderingBlackDragon on July 24, 2017, 05:27:40 PM
Well, that'll be difficult. Most of the characters I'd be comfortable with are spoken for

And whom would those be?

WanderingBlackDragon

Nevermind, I just thought of a few things. Just need to collect some resources and let the ideas simmer.

WanderingBlackDragon

Okay, I have a couple characters I'm interested in playing. But two questions:

• Can I play multiple characters? If not, I'm perfectly happy switching one out for the other on occasion.
  • I noticed Shadow The Hedgehog has some canon with this rp, but is inactive. If I were to play Knuckles, for example, would he have to have the same storyline, considering they're from the same franchise?

Mac84

Quote from: WanderingBlackDragon on July 26, 2017, 08:29:22 AM

• Can I play multiple characters? If not, I'm perfectly happy switching one out for the other on occasion.
  • I noticed Shadow The Hedgehog has some canon with this rp, but is inactive. If I were to play Knuckles, for example, would he have to have the same storyline, considering they're from the same franchise?

Yes, You can play multiple Characters, (I play Isaac Clarke (Dead Space), and Godzilla (Well you know) But Considering your thinking of starting out. One character may be easier to handle until you get your feel sufficiently wet before bring in another character.

as for the other, I would think "Not necessarily" It can easily be said that the two parted ways once they left Mobius, and did their own thing.

Mr L

Depending on the world, I would probably say the "how we got out of our world" would be similar, if not the same, though Mac is right that once out, it's up to you. Like if Mario or Luigi became options to play: Princess Peach would've teleported them off world, but they would've been separated mid-jump.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: WanderingBlackDragon on July 26, 2017, 08:29:22 AM

You have the option to follow that backstory, but being able to work with another person's established backstory if they share the same franchise as you is always a plus. But it's still none the less an optional thing, yes. I'm going to limit newcomers to just one character.

Idej

Inactive characters are usually opened to be picked up by another player interested in playing as them.

:D

Either way, I'm excited for you to be able to join us

WanderingBlackDragon

Knuckles The Echidna

(Human image coming soon)

Current Occupation: Guardian of the Master Emerald None yet

Home World Information: (Borrowed from Idej)
Mobius, is like Earth and not like Earth.  It is round like Earth, yet has many layers of zones around it constantly.  It is like an onion having several layers, yet these layers are all not the same size or even the same consistency.  This instability and multi-layered world has made it hard for the Legion to fully conquer and pockets of resistance are about the world, but without its world's champions, the Legion is slowly taking over the world in a far more efficient way than Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik could ever achieve on his own.

Appearance/Style Description: Like other anthros from Mobius, Knuckles is particularly short, compared to humans, and barely reaches 5' tall. Knuckles' fur is a bright scarlet with a white ring-like patch around his collarbone. His eyes are a deep violet.

As do most male anthros, Knuckles wears very little in the way of clothing: His gloves are similar to boxing gloves, save the spikes over the knuckles, and Knuckles' ability to open and close his hands freely. His shoes are red with a broad yellow stripe, a metal plate over the insteps, and wears what appear to be green socks.

Knuckles may occasionally be seen wearing silver-framed, violet-tinted shades, or a brown fedora with medals.

Sexuality: Knuckles is... Let's say uneducated in matters of coitus. He probably only knows the basics, such as sex is how babies are made and it's something people do when in love. While he may or may not be infatuated by a certain treasure thief in the past, it's unknown what Knuckles' feelings towards sexuality is.

*Player's Note: Considering the design of Sonic characters in general, I'm not really interested in playing Knuckles in sex scenes. If he does end up getting a human form, I might change my mind on this. However, I do plan to introduce a character I intend to participate in sex scenes eventually.

Personality: It has been said that if Sonic is the wind, the Knuckles is the earth: Tough, unmoving and stubborn. Knuckles' personality is actually more complex than people realize. His reclusive upbringing makes him somewhat anti-social, his lack of knowledge of people and himself makes him somewhat gullible, and his duties toward the Master Emerald makes him stubborn and quick-tempered.

But, for all his faults, Knuckles is a loyal ally, possesses a strong sense of justice and compassion for others. His stubbornness makes him a very difficult opponent to keep down, and unwilling to quit on those he cares about.

History: Knuckles' full history can be seen Here

Current Situation: (The following is meant to Coincide with Idej's portrayal of Shadow The Hedgehog)

As Shadow had taken the seven Chaos Emeralds across the Multiverse, Knuckles had broken down the Master Emerald and scattered its pieces across the Multiverse. However, he had lamented over his inability to repel the invaders and decided he needed to hone his skills.

Eventually, Knuckles' travels brought him to this world, where he hopes to find the heart of the legion and strike it down.

Weapon: None

Stats - We have 5 different stats in the game. We do not roll for hitting, or use it to track health. The purpose of these stats is only to help the GMs during the free-form fights. We have a better gauge of how strong you are, versus how strong another character is. And vice versa. New characters will start with 4 points to spend. Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Power will all start at 1. Reputation starts at 0. If you have an issue - please contact any of the GMs or post in one of our OOC threads - and one of our players will help you out! 

Strength - 3
Agility - 1
Stamina - 3
Power - 1
Reputation - 0

Special Powers: Strengths:

• Enhanced physical Abilities
  • Expert on ancient cultures and archaeology
  • Master treasure hunter and appraiser
  • Very acrobatic and familiar with most extreme sporting equipment, especially Extreme Gear
  • Indomitable will

Weaknesses:

• Very gullible and easily manipulated
  • Highly stubborn
  • Hair trigger temper
  • Lacking social skills
  • Short, compared to humans

Laughing Hyena

WanderingBlackDragon

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Laughing Hyena