Wanted: Male RP partner for military themed RP

Started by kaydeeblu, November 20, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaydeeblu

Hello, I'm currently waiting approval & thought I'd see if anyone might be interested in the RP I've got in mind.

My character's name is Sharlene, goes by Shar. She's 26 and is a crew chief on the F-16 in the Air Force. Premise is very simple: you two met at a bar near her base & then everything goes from there.

While the premise itself is very basic, the potential for where the story could go is endless. However, in order to pair her w/the right person, I'm looking for a very specific type of role play partner. For one, I'm 37 so I prefer someone older, not neccesarily someone older than me per say, but someone older than 25. I also would prefer someone who's been in the military before and someone who's mechanically inclined in real life (as in working on cars & whatnot). Since my character is very mechanically inclined, I'd like to pair her with someone who has the same interests as herself so that there's some common ground to spring board from. However, these are just initial preferences. Since there's no such thing as a perfect RP partner, I'm more than willing to work with someone even if they don't fit the profile I'm looking for. I've rp'd this character many times over and the most intense, best rp's I've had have actually been with people who've had little to no military/mechanical knowledge at all so it can be done depending on how good the other person is.

About the actual RP itself, I'm a writer by nature as I think the majority of us here are. My goal with anything creative I write is a well rounded, character driven narrative centered around a conflict driven plot, fresh dialog, and strong characterzations.

Please note I am looking for a long term role playing partner, one that will be as vested into the RP as much I will be. As of right now, I have a lot more free time than I care to admit so I'm able to dedicate more time than a lot of other people might. So I'm looking for someone who might be able to do the same if possible. Yes, I understand people have lives & things come up. That's fine. Life happens. What I'm talking about is when you post and you don't hear back from the other person for a month...or two. Also too, nothing irritates me more than when I write a nice long post and I get a post back that's not even four sentences long. Granted, I'm not asking for the next War & Peace but damnit, please do try & put some effort into your post.

With that being said, I fully realize not everyone is meant to be paired & work out. So if I feel the fit just isn't there, I will definitely let you know. I've never been one to enjoy having my time wasted so I will definitely be courteous & not waste yours as well.

If everything written here is something you might be on board with, I can give you more specifics about the character. Till then let me just say I'm truly looking forward to hearing from you!

Rick hunter

Hi I'm waiting for approval too, i would like to have a try at your rp.but first a little about me, I have basic mechanical skills i help my family with their cars when they break down so oil changes, tire changes, breaks simple stuff like that im not military but i am a huge military buff expecially world war 2, world war 1 and vietnam.im not picky when it comes to grammar, I can work with however you feel we should do. Don't worry about my characters I can come up with those on the fly, i'm 18 in real life. If i missed anything let me know and we can discuss it. I hope none of my drawbacks disqaulifies me for your rp. With that said thank you for considering me and  I hope to hear back from you soon.

Rick hunter

And i am male. I'll be using elliquiy as long as they'll let me I'm active daily unless Ihave no service or my battery is dead on my cell

kaydeeblu

Heya Rick! Thanks so much for replying to my post. To be honest I kinda forgot I had posted this and decided on a whim to log in this morning to see if anyone replied and voila! There was your post :-)

To be totally honest, I was looking for someone a bit older...however, I'm more than willing to give it a shot if you are and it seems from everything else you wrote that you could possibly be a good fit. W/you not being approved yet I don't think we can send each other private messages so feel free to email me instead: <snip>

~No outside contact information in public boards (Staff)

Rick hunter

Your welcome, I'm glad I wasn't posting on a dead thread. xD I'm up for most anything,hopefully I'll be approved soon and we can pm but yeah I'll definitely be getting in touch here soon over yahoo, I do have school so there is a period of time I'll be pretty much useless I try to write proper but I'm sure as you have seen I revert back to text speak I hope this doesn't disqualify me I do try and write paragraphs like 5 sentences but i hope that you can forgive me if I give one liners since I'm used to that because all I have really had before now to rp with is my classmates. I am game for long term but if you should decide it's not working short term is good to. Thanks again for considering me

Rick hunter

kaydeeblu

hmm...that's odd abt not finding me on Yahoo....do you have Skype? <snip 2, Staff> - that will definitely come through

Blythe

Please do not post outside contact information in the public boards. This includes IMs, e-mails, etc.

Thank you.

Rick hunter

Yeah but i don't have access because my computer broke

Rick hunter

sorry blythe no biggie, how are we supposed to rp if the pm is blocked, unless u can point us in the direction of where we can rp without interruption or trade info in a more private manner...till then mesa thinks theres a problem with the system xD #jarjar binks pun

Mithlomwen

As an unapproved member, you do not have access to PMs, nor the other role playing forums.  The only place available to you at the moment is the Non Adult boards.  Should you become an approved member you will have access to the other avenues for role play. 

But as this board is public, contact information isn't allowed to be posted. 

Hope that helps.  :-)
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Rick hunter

Not really but thanks for trying, well kay guess we have to rp here till admins can get o n and approve me then we'll rp wherever you see fit within our capabilities,sound like a plan???

kaydeeblu

Hi Rick - I can wait till you get approved, it's no biggie. I think approval takes about a week so you should (hopefully) be getting approved pretty soon and then I can PM you. :-)

Rick hunter

Ahhh....no they put me on hold for a year...thats not cool....im stuck with forum rp till next year...I hope you don't mind???

kaydeeblu

Ah man, that totally sucks! Why'd they do that? To be honest, I'm not comfortable rp'ing in a public forum....I'm sorry. I've always done it either through email or Skype. :-(

Rick hunter

They said my grammar sucks and im to publicly nervous about my application process

kaydeeblu

Well I have noticed you don't use many periods in your sentences, lol.

I'm sorry to hear they've put you on hold for so long though. I was kind of looking forward to seeing how the rp would go!

On another note, you're not far from me. I'm in Toledo, Ohio.

Rick hunter

Yeah, about a city over lol. You go to any of the anime conventions???

kaydeeblu

No I haven't yet....have been wanting to though. I'm thinking there might be one coming up? I'm not sure. I know there's one they put on every yr at The University of Toledo.

Oniya

Rick Hunter:  Further attempts to trade contact information in this way will severely harm your chances of reapplying.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Joel

Hey there.  I loved reading your ad.  Your sentence structure says a lot about your love of writing.  That sounded super nerdy.  Are you still looking for someone to fill this role?  I notice it's been awhile.  As for myself, I know jack squat about the military, but I do know how to fix cars and other things.  Most of my best characters have a particular blue collar streak to them.  Anyway give me a heads up and I'll post something more detailed about my interests/writing style (sample)/and more!

Panicbroadcast13

Hey Kaydeeblu,

I know this is a long shot, but military themed RP's are my specialty. I've never been in the military personally, but my entire family is military, so I'm well versed in the lingo and the culture. This thread is somewhat old, but I thought I'd give it a go, since it's still here if you're interested.

Looking forward to see if this will work out!

It is easier to find men willing to die, than it is to find those willing to endure pain with patience.

loganknight

I would love to hear details. I am still unapproved however.