The Lottery (Interest Check)-- Supernatural/Exotic, Possibly Extreme/NC

Started by zoarster, June 25, 2010, 10:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoarster

Edit: Added in some ideas I had regarding the day-to-day life of the village, in addition to the Lottery.

(Based uber-loosely on Shirley Jackson's story with a touch of Lovecraft thrown in)

The Lottery

Legend

The village of Ten Pines was an isolated one, nestled far back in the Appalachian mountains. Formed by a coven of witches who had escaped the witchhunts of early American history, the village is very much like any other insular community. Electricity had only come to the village in 1970, when a tunnel through the mountain required workers to stay in the village inn for a short time. When they left, the workers were all known to be stark-raving mad, gibbering of ancient rites, sexual debauchery, and mystic incantations that bore a strange resemblance to the quantum theories that were being developed in the universities of the day. The one thing that all of the stories had in common was a strange and peculiar lottery that occurred at the beginning of each week.

According to the workers, the villagers would gather each Sunday in an obscene mockery of a church and would draw chips from three different barrels. Two barrels would contain the names of the villagers, and a third would contain an intensely sexual action. The villagers performed these acts in public, before the eyes of all, and often went home with each other to continue the debauchery afterwards. Thus established, the villagers did not own their houses--instead, they were used for whatever couplings were decided each night. The more unstable workers, however, spoke of other names mixed in with the villagers' names--names of forces and demons long forgotten... but when summoned by the lottery, they came.

OOC Notes

Character-wise, I am looking for two groups of characters initially--the villagers and some demonic powers. As the community grows, I also foresee asking for outsiders who stumble upon the village, but I was hoping to keep it focused with villagers and demons to start with. Further ideas for plot development are also welcome, but please use the following template for character sheets:

Name:
Description: [photos also acceptable]
Sex:
Species: [Human/Demon]
Sexual Preference, and are other pairings acceptible:
Limits:

The storyline would, at least initially, be separated into two different threads. One would cover the Lottery (see below) and subsequent debauchery, but I want to make sure that the plot isn't just about sex and kinks. Ten Pines is supposed to be a dark and weird place, so there'll be a separate thread documenting in explicit and other ways the day-to-day life of the village. While the lottery will be run on a one week real life iteration, time will be more fluid in the village thread, and this will allow for things like character to character interactions, introduction of NPC and PC outsiders to the village, and the development of some of the village lore and backstory. If there's sufficient participation, I'd also be eager to play out vignettes from Ten Pines' past to build the lore.

The lottery itself will run every Sunday, and whomever is managing the night's draw will roll three dice--the first and last will each tie to character numbers, and it will go in the order A does B to C. We'll run as many rolls as are needed to ensure that everyone who wants a pairing for the week has a pairing for the week. Here are some kinks for die B, but please let me know if you have more:

1. Has sex with
2. Anally penetrates (women are provided a strap-on)
3. Orally pleasures
4. Dominates
5. Serves as a toilet for
6. Marks (allows for some creativity, but includes piercing/branding/scarification)
7. Tortures (whipping, flogging, worse)
8. Becomes a sacrifice through... (if second party is human, they perform the ritual; if demon, then the demon takes them. There will be a resurrection ritual afterwards if you wish)

Whomever is running the lottery will reference your character sheets for anything that comes up against your limits, and will re-roll the appropriate dice if they hit up against a hard no. Mutually consented to pairings that have been worked out OOC can also be "rigged" in, especially if they involve a new and exotic kink ;).

Current Ten Pines Threads

OOC Info and Profiles (you are here): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=73326.0
Ten Pines Village: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=383.0
Temple/Lottery Grounds: Coming Soon

LIAR

This sounds kind of fun, but I'm weary of what the sexual situations could be. Will we be compiling a list before hand to randomly draw, or will you be handing out situations? How will that detail work out?

Darkpoet

I like this idea quite a bit.  I'd lean towards playing a villager. I am curious to see how the actions are going to be handled as well.

zoarster

My initial thought would be to compile, with input from all playing (and anyone who wants to just throw in ideas for that matter) a list of actions. Then each action would get a number, each character would get a number, and we'd do three die rolls to figure out the pairings most of the time. Then again, if we've worked something out OOC for a special pairing, we could always rig things that way too ;)... and of course, any pairings that are in your hard limits section would just be re-rolled.

Wolfy

Haibane

Why are the names in two barrels? Why not have one barrel? Could a villager drawn his/her own name?

zoarster

The way the barrels work is that the town leader will draw the names, not individual villagers. So let's say there are three barrels, A, B, and C. On any given night, whoever's there puts their names in barrels A and C, then the leader draws combinations in the formula A does B to C. Never thought about what happens if a villager name is drawn twice, such as Joe fucks Joe... probably just a re-draw on the last barrel, unless there are more creative thoughts :-).

Again, this is all open for discussion so if you all are interested in having a setup where villagers draw on their own, we can do that too. Thoughts?

Haibane

Ah, I get you. I was wondering if the male names went in one barrel and female names in the other.

zoarster

We could do it that way... or we can make it all names in all barrels. Let's do a full interest check and see what sexual preferences are, then we can make that call. For those who have already expressed interest, what are your sexual preferences for this SL, and what gender character do you plan on playing?

Darkpoet

I plan on playing male. I thought it would be interesting to play a character that has been lucky with most of the past lotteries he has been involved in, and has only ended up doing things he tends to enjoy, with women, anyway. If we don't do any stacking of the odds, then we could just see if his luck stays the same or if the roleplay changes the odds and he starts having to do things he's more reluctant to do. I'd also be open to my character getting paired with another male character, but it would be something I imagine he would be heavily reluctant to do.

NinaN

How about using the 3 barrels as originally detailed so that MxM and FxF pairings are possible.  When players prepare their profile, they can list themselves as straight/bi/homo and then draws that go against that declaration are redrawn.

Or, just let it be known from the start, if you are unwilling to do same sex scenes, don't join the game.  ;)

Now, for a question:  Do you intend to do a single pairing, let it play out, then do another?  Or, will you do as many pairings all at once as the number of players will allow and have them all play out simultaneously?

zoarster

There will be several simultaneous groupings at once. I'm willing to redraw pairings and actions that are off limits to some players, but would prefer that everyone come in with an open mind to trying some new things. If things go well enough, we could open a sub-forum with some different interest areas, and I'd also be willing to work on more lore. For now though, since there does seem to be a good amount of interest in this storyline, let's start on character sheets:

Name:
Description: [photos also acceptable]
Sex:
Species: [Human/Demon]
Sexual Preference, and are other pairings acceptible:
Limits:

zoarster

Ethan Markoff

Sex: Male
Species: Human
Sexual Preference: Straight, but open to all pairings
Bio: Like most of the villagers of Ten Pines, Ethan had been born and raised there. He was the son of one of the village woman and a man from a group of workers who had come to the village to install electricity and tried to build a tunnel through the sacred mountain. From a young age, Ethan had an interest in the village's secrets and when he was initiated, as all the villagers were, at age 16, the Elders had marked him for the Priesthood. At 30, he became the town's youngest Elder and one of the most powerful summoners, and often led the selection rites that were held each night.

Ethan only left the town once, when one of the workers who left the village started being somewhat coherent, and was in danger of exposing Ten Pines' secrets to the public. No-one knows what happened on that trip into Boston, but it would not be a stretch to say that the worker's death five days later during a mysterious electrical storm that occurred on an otherwise clear and uneventful summer's day had somehow been triggered by Ethan's intervention. But then again, only the villagers of Ten Pines wouldn't think it was a stretch, and they didn't have a huge problem with it.
Limits: Permanent death, excessive gore

TheHangedOne

I'm interested. Straight, planning to play a male character.  Not going to work on a  character quite yet, though, until  the rolling system is decided, as that will have an impact on my decision to play or not.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

zoarster

Alright, so the dice system... here is an OOC description of how it will work. Whoever is managing the night's draw will roll three dice--the first and last will each tie to character numbers, and it will go in the order A does B to C. The top of the thread has some kinks for die B, but please let me know if you have more...

I'll be referencing your character sheets for anything that comes up against your limits, and will re-roll the appropriate dice if I hit up against a hard no.

NinaN

Quote from: zoarster on June 26, 2010, 10:01:50 PM
There will be several simultaneous groupings at once.
It's almost a shame actually.  If the game were slower paced, where a writer, say on average, had about one pairing to fill per week, it would be a slower paced game, sure, but it would also make a great filler game for those with already large writing commitments.

Of course, I don't expect that the game will be altered on my account, but I wonder how others may feel about writing frequency in a game like this.

zoarster

Quote from: NinaN on June 27, 2010, 10:52:26 AM
It's almost a shame actually.  If the game were slower paced, where a writer, say on average, had about one pairing to fill per week, it would be a slower paced game, sure, but it would also make a great filler game for those with already large writing commitments.

I think this may have been a misunderstanding... when I said several pairings might be going on at once, I meant that we'd have enough pairings to keep every player who wants to play in a given week occupied. Say we have six characters interested in a given week's draw--there'd be three pairings, or two threesomes, going for that week. So you're right in that each writer would have one pairing a week--I just wanted to make sure no one would want a pairing for the week but not get one. Make sense?

NinaN

Yes, that was a misunderstanding on my part.  I did not pick up on the fact that you planned to do these lotteries on a (real time) weekly basis.  That makes a difference, thanks!

zoarster

No worries Nina--I want this storyline to be interactive enough that everyone can participate, but flexible enough that those who don't post every other hour aren't penalized. Any thoughts on kinks to add to the list?

LIAR

Name: Charlie Doggins
Description: photo inc
Sex: Female
Species: Human
Sexual Preference: MF preference, but enjoy other combinations
Bio: Charlie is in charge of the Bakery in Ten Pines. She has led a fairly uneventful life in terms of what's considered normal for the village. No significant other, no children, no close friends or family, but she's a decent and approchable woman.
Limits: Death, extreme violence, mutilation, extreme pain, bathroom antics

We need a longer list =] Will brainstorm.

TheHangedOne

I have a question. Just what sort of monsters and demons are going to be playable?
Check out my poet tree!

zoarster

For monsters and demons... anything your twisted mind can think up. The idea would be (for most of them) that drawing their name from the barrel would summon them to perform the lottery act. We could eventually modify things so that some demons could stay in this world outside of the lottery as well.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

NinaN

Some kinks to consider:

- Anal penetration with finger, tongue, butt plug, dildo, penis
- Golden shower, human toilet
- cum facial
- piercing, branding
- whipping, caning

I guess that's all for the moment, I'll try to think of more later.

zoarster

Just realized in my PMs with some players that I didn't really put a lot of attention into village life outside the Lottery in the introductory threads, so added some info above. Note that while I think it would be best if all characters participated in both the definitely explicit Lottery and the possibly explicit village life, your participation level is totally up to you and is flexible around time commitments--just let us know if you're not planning to participate in the Lottery for a given week!