Maybe we can all get along

Started by Oniya, June 05, 2014, 07:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

I saw this in my subscription feed (Yes, I subscribe to Stanford University.  The Store House doesn't fill itself ex nihilo), and the description alone brought a smile to my face. 

QuoteTufts University Jewish Chaplain and Executive Director of Tufts Hillel for 34 years, Rabbi Jeffrey Summit and photojournalist Richard Sobol presented a multimedia talk about their involvement with Delicious Peace. It is a story of coffee, music and world peace.

The coffee is grown by more than 1000 Christian, Muslim and Jews who live in a rural region of Uganda and are members of a fair trade cooperative called "Peace Kawomera" - kawomera means in "delicious" in Luganda. The farmers make music together, music that Summit found so inspirational that he had to share it with the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDW8QQWzZyU

I wasn't sure exactly where to share this - Good and Cuddly was a close second - but I figured this place needed a bit of a respite from the usual.

Coffee, anyone?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Dovel

Thank you for sharing that Oniya. I let it play this morning while I was getting ready.
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

MonroeCat

Thank you, that was thought inspiring.

Nico

Thank you for this, honey!  :-*

Cycle

So... what are the odds we can get the Republicans and Democrats to go grow some coffee?  I'll donate $10 to buy em some land...  ;)

Oniya

Heh.  Let's start with the easy ones first.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17