Lockdown - High School/Horror (Recruitment CLOSED!)

Started by Roen, March 20, 2014, 02:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

[This game is currently CLOSED for recruitment! Check again soon!]
Looking back, it doesn't seem like much.

To us, though, high school was everything, right?

In what other period of your life, do you allow yourself to indulge so intensely in anything and everything that this miserable world has to offer? You hate passionately, you love relentlessly and your agony is of the most sincere form; when you're happy- you're thrilled, and when you're wicked- people are bound to suffer.

Why is it, then, that people are so shocked every time something extraordinary happens between the walls of those pseudo-schooling institutions? Teacher-student affairs, secret cults, the random gang-rape and – yeah – the shooting sprees. To be perfectly honest, at my worst school days, I can imagine myself being able to grab a gun and go out there for some live-targets practice.

Some say it's overrated, they say it's just four years of your life and then it's done. To us, though, it seemed like a lifetime. We barely even made it out alive.

Fuck high school.

Concept
WHAT IS THIS?

Hi, I'm Roen and this is an interest check for a game of Kingmaster1 and mine, which we've considered re-doing. Lockdown has been ran before by Caehlim and myself, and it was loosely based on a concept of a game by azzmeister89. This game will be managed in Freeform, and it'll revolve around Survival Horror in a High-School setting. 

This means that there are several things you can expect to encounter in the game:
This is a HLGBT friendly group game- players of all orientations are welcome.
Violence and Gore- Non sexual, solely for plot purposes.
Character Death-  Completely optional (details down below).
N/C, S&M, D/S, etc.- Optional.
Student characters' ages in the game will range at about 18 (17 for the Brainiacs and 19 for the "Brainiacs").

So, what is it really about? In two words- High school; it's about that good old fashioned high school drama, all of those classic teen shows we all used to watch, the comedies, the dramatic series and everything in between. It's about the geeks, it's about the jocks, the cheerleaders and the art students, it's about the teachers and the rules, the bullies and the angst, it's about friendships and animosities, popularity and invisibility… It's about everything you might find in an average American high school- and we plan to put all of these into a survival-horror situation. How would the cliques react to life threatening situations? Who would survive the longest? Who would come through for their friends and who would break under the pressure and reveal a darker side?

We, for one, find it fascinating and very much fun. We hope you would as well.
The previous run went better than both Caehlim and I had expected, it was really smooth and got a bunch of positive reactions, continuing over the course of about six months before some players had to stop playing and the game got into a halt. So, here we are, with renewed energies, a lot of fresh new ideas, and the full intention of seeing it through this time around.
The Plot
THE PLOT

I'm often told that I over-complicate things by talking too much, so I'll make this short and sweet:

It's a classic plot for a classic genre. It's the graduation prom night, so all of your characters will be one step away from freedom, about to say goodbye for the place they all knew and loved-hated for the last four years, to most of their friends and loved ones, to all of the drama- and they'll do it in ceremonial attires and over-priced prom dresses.
At some point, the all of the doors will be closed and the lockdown will commence, and then…
Then there will be blood.
The game wouldn't be about the one prom night, we can't say how long the time frame is, but we promise to make it a fulfilling experience. 

The horror aspect of the game will be of supernatural nature. It will be inspired by games like Silent Hill, Obscure, The Last of Us and Dead Rising, and movies like Pitch Black and Saw. You can expect creepy undead monstrosities, zombies, horrifying situations and ridiculously morbid puzzles. In short- there will be fun to be had.
There will also be adult content to be had, there will be sex for those interested in it, and we do have a method to make it all plot related (yet always completely optional!)
About the GMing
THE GMS AND I

This section is for us to tell you a little bit about the way we'll be managing the game. It'll be brief as it will be simple.

This game will be for a relatively small group, of 6-8 players in the initial set up. Considering how some might be playing more than one character, we found that this is all we can handle at this point of the game. That means we simply can't take everyone. Kingmaster and I will review the submitted characters and decide which characters (and players) will better benefit the game, according to all sorts of factors and considerations, and these are the players that will be approved. That doesn't mean that we don't think that the disapproved players are lesser in any way or form, that's just the reality of the situation.

Players that haven't been approved might get a spot at a later stage of the game, since the story of the game is unique in a way that allows introducing new characters at every point and turn of the plot. So, if you haven't been approved and you're still interested in playing- stick around, you might get a spot in a month or so.

About my approach to GMing. I've been using plural verbs all along the post, but this one is mine- so don't go hating on poor Kingmaster.
I'm a classic GM, I've been GMing for the better part of twelve years, I know what I like and what I'm good at. As a classic GM, I prefer the classic way of role-playing. That means that the roles of the GM and the Player are a lot more definitive:

Players control their characters' look, personality, actions, thoughts and feelings.
A GM controls everything else.

It's pretty straightforward, actually. Think of it as an outstandingly interactive computer game. You don't control the environment, you can't pop up any NPCs, you can't control my NPCs without a good reason, and you can't decide whether something your character tries to do has succeeded or not. You can tell me what you were trying to do and what preparations and precautions you've taken to ensure your success, but King and myself will decide on the outcome, guided by our own senses of fairness and common sense. This is not to say that you can't assume accomplishment of trivial actions, like tying your shoes or pouring a drink, you should definitely use your common sense as well; and anyway- when in doubt, PM either Kingmaster or myself. One of us is almost always around.

If you want to add something to your post that involves anything that might be in our jurisdiction, just give us a PM, we won't always say "Yes", but we'd rarely say "No".
What are we Looking for?
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

We're looking for fun-loving, creative and literate players with a good sense of humor. We're looking for people that can hold well-written characters that have multiple layers and wouldn't just stand at the corner and wait for the plot to come to them. We're looking for a friendly and social bunch to keep the OOC thread live, people that love brainstorming together and enjoy creating iconic characters that are as fun to read as they are to play, that love discussing group dynamics and can make bold character-creation choices. Basically, we're looking for about 80% of the people that are already on E. :D

Bear in mind that this game is all about dynamics. The characters that you will submit will then be discussed on the OOC thread to create relations and connections with other characters (who are they friends with? Who do they have a crush on? Who can't they even stand?) And most probably create joined backgrounds and further enrich the initial character sheets.
Death System
ARE WE GONNA DIE?!
In short, it's up to you.
I, for one, think that a horror game can be really boring without the constant fear of death. However, I am perfectly aware that some players don't like the idea of having a killable character in a game.

So, I've decided to take inspiration from Diablo2/3 and give you the option of creating a concept of "Hardcore" characters. That means that if you are interested in taking part in the death game, all you have to do is simply create more than one character, so if one dies- you can still stay in the game.

*Creating two characters doesn't necessarily mean one of them would die- Because certain death is as meaningless and boring as certain survival. Just like in any other horror game/movie, if both of your characters are successful at surviving everything, they both live.
*You don't choose the one who dies- The one who screws up, is the one who bites it.
*If you want to create more than one character, but don't want any of them to die, you can- Just us me know.
*If you want to be uber-hardcore and create a single killable character, you can- Let us know.
*There is a mid-ground, we call it 'Softcore'-For those of you that don't want to die, but do want a piece of the tension, a 'Softcore' character can be seriously hurt, which means maiming, mangling, the loss of an organ (a finger, a hand, an eye etc.), the severity of the injury will be discussed with you before it happens.
Characters
CHARACTERS

First, there's a tag that tells us whether or not you want to play a killable character.
Your options are:

Casual– non-killable player.
Softcore!  – exposable to serious harm.
HARDCORE! – a killable player.

My Characters

My name is Roen and I'm playing HARDCORE!

Name: Brad "The Rad" Omanis, originally Bradley

Sexual Orientation: Bi (closeted)
D/S: Dom in hetero sex, however he does enjoy the occasional femdom, which he secretly gets from his girlfriend, when she feels that he's been an especially good boy and deserves a treat. As for the other one- impossible to know, definitely not a sub.

Appearance:

I swear, I tried and tried to find pictures of him with his shirt on, it's like he's allergic to fabric or something XD My character does occasionally wear clothes, just to make it clear ^^.

Clique: Jocks/Popular Kids

Subjects: PE (obviously), Workshop (like woodworks) and weirdly enough- English Lit, but he intentionally fails there and wouldn't participate during the lessons, since he got some bad feedback at the beginning of his freshmen's year, his fellow teammates making fun of him and a one chick actually thought complimenting him on being sophisticated (=gay in his lingo).

Personality: He's pretty much your stereotypical "dumb jock", only barely making it to the grades that would allow him to keep doing sports. He's very much an antagonistic character to most outsiders in school, bullying the "nerds", especially picking on the sexually ambiguous ones, a huge homophobe. With his own clique is one of the guys, a wild individual, always mixing things up, getting and doing anything he wants just because he can get away with it, and basically ruling the school with an iron fist.

Fears: Being publically "outed", mostly, being considered less than a man, becoming an outcast, being sissified, losing control over his rage.

Other/Background: Currently Dating the head cheerleader (yet to be chosen), the captain of the cheerleading squad. He would never, ever, ever, EVER bring anyone to his house; only his best friend would know why, not even his girlfriend.
He's the star quarterback at the school's football team, due to his massive muscular build, but he got a game for each season, he's also a member of: the school's wrestling team, the lacrosse team and he has been dabbling in short distance tracks.

*HELP! Brad is looking for 2-3 characters to complete his set- A best friend, a head cheerleader girlfriend and a favorite nerd victim! (PM me)*

Name: Tommy Costenatti

Sexual Orientation: Straight
D/S: Switch

Appearance:

Clique: Jocks/Popular Kids

Subjects: PE, History and Biology.

Personality: He's not very open minded towards... well, anything. Unlike Brad, he's not your common 'dumb jock', on more than one occasion he was known to try and speak reason and common sense to his less mentally gifted teammates. Although superior in intelligence, he isn't very charismatic, and usually enjoys the popularity granted to him by his good looks and affiliations.

Fears: His Grandmother, God and Death, in that order.

Other: Just got dumped by his girlfriend (On the night of the prom, the bitch!)

Here is a template for your convenience:

[hr]
[hr]
My name is [b*your name here*[/b] and I'm playing [font=comic sans ms][color=green][size=14pt][b]Casual[b][/size][/color][/font] // [font=times new roman][color=teal][size=14pt][b]Softcore![b][/size][/color][/font] // [font=Colonna MT][color=DarkRed][size=14pt][b]HARDCORE! [b][/size][/color][/font]

[hr]

[u][b]Name:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Age:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Gender[/b][/u]:

[u][b]Sexual Orientation:[/b][/u]
[u][b]D/S:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Appearance:[/b][/u] *your picture and/or description here*
[img height=250]*image url*[/img]

[u][b]Clique:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Favorite Subjects[/b][/u]: *Name the main three*

[u][b]Personality:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Fears:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Other/Background:[/b][/u]

[hr]
[hr]

Links

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Chreestafer

Im truly interested in this and ill keep my eye on this for a while and get a character up later. 
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Xenolord

Super interested! Think I got an interesting character to boot. Tell me, can characters be disabled? Obviously not disabled to a point where it would inhibit escape, but...

Okay, I wanted to play someone who was deaf and mute. Can this work?

Roen

Quote from: XenoLord on March 20, 2014, 02:39:36 PM
Super interested! Think I got an interesting character to boot. Tell me, can characters be disabled?
Characters can be whatever you want them to be, within reason, yes :)

-Nathan Alterman.

Xenolord

My name is Xenolord and I'm playing Softcore!

Name: Jessica Jefferson

Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
D/S: Submissive

Appearance:

Clique: Nerdy

Favorite Subjects: Mathematics, Physical Ed, ASL

Personality: A commanding girl, Jessica is rather forceful when discussing subjects she knows or likes, but on the whole, she's very quiet (figuratively).

Fears: Her big fear is being alone, and spiders.

Other/Background: Jessica is both deaf and mute, but has since developed an uncanny ability for lip reading, able to understand most people, as long as she can read their lips. She has someone who usually translates for her, and the pair are never far away.

She is president of the SGA, as well as the school's Deaf, Blind and Mute Club, where she helps people coup with their disabilities. Generally a nice girl, she is not afraid to tell people what she thinks of them.

Maybe I'll play her translator as well, but make her hardcore. Because nothing sucks more then your only method of communication up and dying. :D

I'll be adding more to her background a little later, but typing on my Kindle is a pain.

mj2002

I'm seriously considering to resubmit my character from the original game. I was turned off by the way in which the plot was directed at that time, but I have a lot more trust in this one. Would my old character still work, Roen?

Chreestafer

My name is Chreestafer and I'm playing Softcore! (Leaning towards Hardcore)

Name: Tristyn Phoenix

Sexual Orientation: Bi-Curious (never has done anything, yet always had curiosities during group sex)

Appearance:

Clique: Maybe hockey jock? Military Brat, really doesn't belong to any group.  Hes the new kid in school and hasn't really made friends, yet he has made enemies and has found girls who have caught his eye.

Favorite Subjects: English, Physics, Psychology

Personality: Tristyn is very withdrawn and often is picked on as the quiet kid.  He's only been in this school for a very short time.  Timid personality with a tad bit of shyness to him, he normally doesn't venture out of his way to make friends, but when he clicks with others hell be there till the end.

Fears: Loss of those he cares for, Death by fire

Other/Background: Tristyn Phoenix was the only son of Martha Chamberlin and Timothy Phoenix, who married at a young age due to the surprise of Tristyn.  Martha and Tim didn't plan on their son however when they met it was love at first sight.  Tim trained his whole life to be a navy seal like his father and his fathers father.  Entering the force at 17 and a half due to wavers he accelerated quickly.  He was stationed in Virgina Beach when he met Martha an Enlisted Naval Nurse.  a years worth of on and off dating lead to Tristyns conception and soon their marriage.

When he was 4 Tristyn stuck mainly to imaginary friends as he was always on the move with his parents.  Where they were stationed so was he.  His first love was when he was 7 he meet the daughter of his fathers commanding officer who he instantly made friends with, 6 months later she moved on to new friends leaving him behind and cutely heart broken. Seeing this his father enrolled him into boyscouts hoping he'd learn a thing or two and make some great friends. The only thing he became friends with was the multitude of ways to create fire.  He got into his first fight at age 10 over the fact that Jimmy Butler stated bluntly that his parents didn't love him because he was an accident. He was expelled from school for attempting to catch the child's face on fire. Two months later they were on the move again.  At age 13 he met another girl, one whom he thought was the woman in his dreams, but sadly when his attempt to ask her out failed due to the fact she had a crazy "misunderstood" Boyfriend, landed him into trouble.  The Boy found out and like any other fight the other boy, and his 12 friends kicked Tristyns arse.

When his father found out about the fight and found his son bruised and broken he enrolled him into a local hockey course for kids to help teach him disciplined and keep him focused.  Tristyns days were filled with boy scouts, hockey, and studies he was sheltered from the world yet still living as a part of it.  Until 3months after his 16th birthday when the call came.  His father had been shot over seas serving in Iraq.  Something inside Tristyn snapped and he almost became a blank shell.  After his fathers death he secluded himself from friends and family, he quit boy scouts just shy of his eagle scout award.  The only thing he kept going was his hockey, it was a productive way to take out his anger and he knew he'd snap some more if he couldn't check someone into the boards. When his 18th birthday grew near his mother was relocated and once more they moved finding a new school before him.  He only needed to survive one more year before he was on his own to make his own choices.  Tristyn was already being scouted as a high ranking Defensemen by a few colleges. 

One thing that did  help to keep his mind from darker thoughts was the unique female that oddly entered his life from a stupid school project.  Their English teacher assigned a group project and as the class crawled over itself to team up with friends or lovers, Tristyn's head was focused on the paper more then the students.  When he didn't end up with a partner the teacher matched him up with the girl who didn't get chosen either.  Soon as the months passed a friendship grew and even more so in the past few weeks, something more seemed to rise.  What they were, he didn't know, they never labeled it, yet he didn't mind.

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Roen

Quote from: XenoLord on March 20, 2014, 03:02:50 PM
Maybe I'll play her translator as well, but make her hardcore. Because nothing sucks more then your only method of communication up and dying. :D
A deaf-mute character is definitely acceptable, XenLord, but keep in mind my rule about the softcore-hardcore tags, they're not character-specific, they are player-specific. You can choose to play softcore/casual/hardcore, but as you do so, the tag applies to all of your characters. Meaning, that if you want to play hardcore, Jessica might be killed if she does something horribly wrong.

Quote from: mj2002 on March 20, 2014, 03:09:48 PM
I'm seriously considering to resubmit my character from the original game. I was turned off by the way in which the plot was directed at that time, but I have a lot more trust in this one. Would my old character still work, Roen?
It might, MJ, let's talk about it over some PMs. :)

Chreestafer, Tristyn seems good enough, but let's tone the fighting skills down a notch, alright? We're looking for your average high school students, not characters that have been preparing for the bloody prom night their entire lives :D

-Nathan Alterman.

kingmaster1

Hey, everybody, I'm king and I'm co-Gm of the new lockdown game :-)

Like what was stated earlier I hope we get people who can really enjoy a setting and game like this and also hope that Roen and I can give a good game in return.

My name is kingmaster1 and I'm playing Softcore!

Name: Carter Mace

Sexual Orientation: Bi-curious (mostly closeted, only close friends are aware)
D/S: A dom in hetero or otherwise but, given the right day and time and mood, he can be a very loving and attentive sub.

Appearance:

Clique: Most, he is a cliche hopper who tries to be social with everyone, you never know the benefits of it.

Favorite Subjects: Drama, PE (he's very athletic), and English

Personality:
Carter is the typical trouble maker and class clown, always first to make a snarky or disrespectful comment to anyone who says something he disagrees with. He loves making people laugh and sees getting in trouble as an extension of that, seeing a trip to the principle or a detention as another trophy of victory. He isn't one to respect someone who thinks they're superior, whether it be a teacher, another student, or a police officer. Despite his initial layer of sarcasm and a short fuse he can be a very caring and loyal individual, always first to aid a friend with something, especially if its against the rules.

Fears:
Being alone, being hated, losing everyone he cares about, hurting people he holds dear, disappointing his mother.

Other/Background:
Carter grew up an only child in a fatherless home, his only real source for attention was making loads of friends at school. His natural wit and disrespect for teachers got him far more popular than one would imagine and, eventually, he had a good group of adoring friends and fans.

As he went through school he maintained this relationship by opening himself up to most any people around the school and gaining a good amount of popularity around the area. He relished in the attention, it helped him maintain a positive attitude throughout his life, despite any hardships.

His relationship with his mother is a very close one, she was all he had and, since he was old enough to work, he began fighting to help support both him and her, keeping things fairly normal at his home, even able to buy himself a used car he fixed up. Now that high school is ending he's coming to terms with his inability to go to a real college and has begun looking for other things he could do in the work force. It's a long road but he's trying to face it.

Lynnette

I really want to participate. I got my own life on the side though, so what do you guys expect to be the posting rate? If it looks like something I can keep up with, I'll most likely join, probably as some antihero archetype, I'll have to think about it (Which has a 99% chance of making me participate in the game) though.

Also, King, I haven't forgotten about our other stuff, I did say Thursdays were a bad day for me!
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Roen

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on March 20, 2014, 03:42:18 PM
I really want to participate. I got my own life on the side though, so what do you guys expect to be the posting rate? If it looks like something I can keep up with, I'll most likely join, probably as some antihero archetype, I'll have to think about it (Which has a 99% chance of making me participate in the game) though.

I think that in the first couple of days of the game, I'd like to see the busy kind of activity (just to signify that the game is to everyone's liking and that people are interested), but as the game settles down, we'd be expecting a post once a week, at most.

-Nathan Alterman.

Lynnette

Quote from: Roen on March 20, 2014, 03:45:48 PM
I think that in the first couple of days of the game, I'd like to see the busy kind of activity (just to signify that the game is to everyone's liking and that people are interested), but as the game settles down, we'd be expecting a post once a week, at most.

Hmm... I think my schedule accepts that. It's not like it takes whole days to write down a single post. Okay, I'm down for it, entering the thinking phase today, submitting character tomorrow (Possibly)
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Chreestafer

Ill work on toning it down :) the boxing is set to keep his mind focused but the navy skills I soften up a bit.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Xenolord

Hmmmm, good to know, thank you. I must throw this into my gray matter and we what is expelled...

Chreestafer

I edited my CS, does it need more? I cut out the naval training lol
Ons and Offs
F-List

Kokaine

Really digging this. Gonna work up a sheet in a bit :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

kingmaster1

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on March 20, 2014, 03:42:18 PM

Also, King, I haven't forgotten about our other stuff, I did say Thursdays were a bad day for me!

Don't worry, I understand :-)

DarkEnigma

I’ll put down my interest in this one as well.

Will post something more substantial when I have some spare time and Kokaine stops distracting my muse.

Strangefate

Posting interest as well.  Hardcore without a doubt.  I'll put together a couple chars once I catch up on some of my 1x1 posts.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Lynnette

I've been talking a bit with Roen and I'll fill the role as the head cheerleader.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Kokaine

Withdrawn.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Roen

All are welcome to apply for whatever spots they are interested in. Keep in mimd that not all applications are accepted automatically, people. We're going to take those that fit the game by different factors, since we do want to keep the group relatively small.

-Nathan Alterman.

King Serperior

My name is King Serperior and I'm playing Softcore!

Name:  Jason Jackson

Sexual Orientation:  Straight with bi-ish tendencies
D/S:  Let's be honest, Jason is not a very dominating person, but he can be.  He has become addicted to watching Pegging porn and one day wishes to be on the receiving end of a dominant girl's plastic cock.  However, he has recently started looking at gay porn on the occasion and wonders what it would be like.....

Appearance:

Clique:  Somewhere in the middle;  Not geeky enough to be a geek, but not popular enough to be a jock

Favorite Subjects:  Literature, History, Biology

Personality:  Jason can be somewhat difficult to understand at times.  He is the kind of guy that just seems to disappear into the crowd.  He doesn't like conflicts and will usually follow the lead of whoever seems to be doing the right thing.  Jason has many leadership qualities, but his inability to stand up for himself unless it is thrust upon him leaves much to be desired.

Fears:  Being buried alive, drowning, burning, fire ants.

Other/Background:  Has his eyes on a girl (to be determined) who he feels would satisfy both his physical and mental needs.  However, he has not been able to work up the courage to tell her how he feels.  However, he hero-worships a guy who has the same qualities at the girl he longs for ever since he saved him from being bullied years before (also to be determined).  Won the school video game championship in a Halo tournament last year, his only memorable claim to fame.  Was once chess leader of the chess team. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

kingmaster1

Yes. me and Roen will extensively go over everyone's characters and decide who fits best for what and where and when and how :P

mj2002

Withdrawn
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

My name is mj2002 and I'm playing HARDCORE!

Name: Stefy Ray

Sexual Orientation:  Straight
D/S: TBD, depends on relationship status

Appearance: Don't be fooled by her sweet smile, Stefy is not a nice person by any standards
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Clique: Popular

Favorite Subjects: English (Stefy knows her way with words and will verbally assault you before she'd start bitch-slapping. Though if necessary, she could do both at the same time), Political Science (Stefy will argue with anyone about everything, because she believes she knows everything better than anyone. People in her clique are sometimes spared from this treatment), Economics (she sees this as a 'how to stay rich 101' class)

Personality: Stefy is your typical high school bitch, but not in every way you'd expect. Yes, she's mean spirited and feels superior to every single human on the planet, but she isn't a dumb bimbo. She's sharp of mind and quick with words. When an opportunity presents itself to put someone down or favor herself at someone else's expense, she's going to take it. She's known to take care of the people in her clique, sometimes even financially. She has also shown to be reckless in the past.

Fears: Becoming a nobody, losing her position as popular girl, becoming poor

Other/Background: Stefy is a single child of wealthy parents and got her convertible on her sweet sixteenth birthday, as she had demanded. Her parents are too often at work to pay much attention to what she's doing, and they are pleased enough with her results, which are above average. She's possibly a cheerleader.

Open to discussions on any (likely female) character/best friend that would help Stefy keep the masses under 'her control'. I am also open to discussing other relationships or with her being single, if that is better for the story.

Xenolord

Question, and not trying to be a dick but... is Uber Hardcore the 'Oh god please kill this person NOW' category? :D

kingmaster1

elfguy

My name is elfguy and I'm playing Softcore!

Name: Kathy Sinclair

Sexual Orientation: Bi

Appearance:

Clique: The beautiful people

Favorite Subjects: Gym, Biology, Chemistry

Personality: Kathy is very outgoing. She likes to have fun, drink, party and have new experiences. She is very flirty and has a lot of experience with sex, although none of this is known by her parents of course. She isn't that good in school, except for classes where she can actually experiment and use her hands, like those listed above. Anything that requires sitting down and thinking isn't her style. She is a doer, not a thinker. She tends to be popular, but she also has an arrogant side that says she's more beautiful and, agile and popular than you, which can rub people the wrong way.

Fears: Being left alone, being humiliated in front of others, having to do exams.

Other/Background: Kathy has a great looking body, fit and sexy, and she loves to show it off, hence her typical skimpy clothing. She also thinks she can face any danger, and to a degree that's true, but she never actually had to face anything really scary, so she has no idea whether she would be able to handle it. She tends to be confident, but when faced with a truly dominant person, or just a really cute guy, she will become a submissive little girl.

----

Roen

Hey, guys, still looking for the geek to complete my bully *smirks* He'll have fun with him.
Also, we need a little more of the classic cliques. 

-Nathan Alterman.

Strangefate

My name is Strangefate and I'm playing HARDCORE!

Name: Christian O’Neal

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
D/S: Submissive

Appearance: Pending Picture (will add w/in a day or two)

Clique: Theater/Band Geek

Favorite Subjects: Drama, Art, Literature, Music

Personality: Christian is an outgoing friendly young man…most of the time.  When around those who are his friends, he is talkative, funny, and energetic, and when among those who are not, particularly the assertive cool kids and jocks who used to pick on him relentlessly in grade school, he clams up and just tries to blend into the background.  He resides in that social middle ground, not exactly popular, but with solid grades and enough friends that he is not a true outcast.  Having friends and being halfway well-liked is something of a new experience and he can be a bit too enthusiastic and clingy, his past insecurities being hard to shake.

Fears:  Losing his friends, loneliness, getting fat again, flying

Other/Background:  Christian comes from a fairly loving stable middle class home.  He was both chubby and pegged (correctly) as 'gay' in grade school, and was picked on mercilessly, which lead to latter life insecurities.  High school has overall been a better experience, especially since he's lost weight, and has thrived in Drama Club and Band (he plays violin) making several friends among his fellow theater/band geeks.  He rarely moves outside this circle, although his grades are almost good enough to qualify him as a nerd or preppy.  He is mostly well-liked by teachers and parents, and college is pretty much a given.     

Name: Aurora Hill

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Appearance:  Pending Picture (will add w/in a day or two)

Clique: Slacker/Outcast

Favorite Subjects: None

Personality: Aurora most aggressively does not give a shit -- about her grades, about who is where in the school hierarchy, about much of anything really, or at least that’s the face she puts forth.  She is not a part of any school activity and never has been.  Her grades are barely passing and she skips class as often as she attends it.  Most of her friends are from the same group, slackers, druggies, outcasts, mostly from poor backgrounds and broken homes.  Her teachers gave up on her a long time ago and her family never expected anything in the first place.  She used to be picked on for her outdated hand-me-down clothes and 'white trash' background in grade school, now she mostly gets left alone, although some of the popular girls are sure to cut her down to appropriate size if she should get mouthy or their boyfriends appear to show too much interest. 

Aurora comes off as a smart-assed, rude, lazy, and perpetually bored young woman.  Inwardly, she is also insecure, angry at the world, and has largely given up, feeling there is no point in trying when everything is bullshit and you always lose anyways.   

Fears: Rejection, pregnancy, responsibility, being like her mother, public humiliation, trying and failing

Other/Background: Aurora comes from a broken family with a father who is an ex-con she barely knows and her mother a heavily drinker who filters in and out of her life.  In her early years, she bounced from school to school while being swapped between disintereted relatives, eventually winding up with her aging grandmother.  Her grades have always been poor -- there was never anyone in her life to help with schoolwork or encourage better performance -- and she's never been anywhere but the bottom of the barrel clique-wise, seen as poor and trashy by the wealthy popular kicks, and as a hopeless pain in the ass by her teachers.  College isn't even on the map, just graduation would be lucky.  Aurora spends most of her time on the internet, playing video games, or getting high/messing around with others from the same clique.  She had gotten a reputation as something of a slut but that's mostly due to how she dresses and looks; in reality she hasn't had many more partners than any of the other girls in her class.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

azzmeister89

Yay good to see this game back in action, i too will re-enter my old character but make a few changes.

azzmeister89

My name is Azzmeister89 and I'm playing Softcore!

Name: Nathan "nate" Makenzie

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance: (coming soon)

Clique: Jock/artist

Favorite Subjects: Music, Physical Ed, English Lit

Personality: Happy and friendly Nate isnt your typical jock, he is more likely to encourage the "not so sporty" members of school and gives constructive critisisms (hope i spelt that correctly) he isn't angered easily and always seems to find a way to see the funny side in most situations but he is very loyal and sticks up for what he beleives in.

Fears: being useless, looseing the people he cares about, big pointy objects.

Other/Background: Born in England Nathan was transfered to the school mid way through his freshman year. His accent and happy go lucky attitude made him popular quite quickly and he used that popularity to get himself a good collection of friends. Due to this he feels at ease hanging out with any clique and is often found sitting with a different group of people at lunch. Nate is currently considered the "Ace" of the school basketball team and is also well known for his guitar that has been signed by several famous musicians he has seen during his life.

AribethAmkiir

AribethAmkiir

My name is AribethAmkiir* and I'm playing Softcore!

Name: Abigail Theibaut

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (bi-curious)
D/S: Leans toward the sub, though has only experienced normal “vanilla” sex.

Appearance:  Abigail is barely over five feet, at 5’1”.  She’s blossomed a great deal over the last two years into the woman she currently is.  Short with an hourglass shape, she doesn’t fit the traditional “beautiful” runway model image.  She’s known to wear skirts and blouses as well as tee-shirts and jeans and leans more toward “cute” clothing than extremely sexy.  Her smile is friendly and inviting, and her hazel eyes are typically highlighted with a touch of eye shadow.

Clique: Popular Theater Geek/Choir Girl

Favorite Subjects: English, Philosophy, and Creative Writing

Personality: Abby, to just about everyone, is a bubbly girl who seems to be able to get along with a lot of people.  Chipper and bright, more times than not, she is wearing a smile and is known for greeting almost everybody with a warm hello.  Her popularity has been won by her personality and charm, though her looks have helped.  She’s a very sincere and thoughtful girl without a “mean” bone in her body.  She loves the spotlight whether acting or singing and doesn’t shy away from public speaking.  While she’s not dumb, she’s not exceptionally bright and while capable of the work, she tends to put her energy and focus elsewhere resulting in mostly average grades.

Behind Abigail’s bubbly and happy exterior are several insecurities.  The most prominent is her struggle with her self-image.  While she doesn’t go to the extreme of having an eating disorder, she is known to diet to excess, especially before an upcoming school performance.  She also has a strong need of being wanted and loved, which has lead her to dating several jerks, over the last few years, and having her heartbroken on more than one occasion.  She has made some other dumb mistakes due to her desire and need to be accepted.

Fears: Being unaccepted; People thinking she was ugly; Forgetting her lines or falling off stage; Being kidnapped; and Being mutilated or scarred for life.

Other/Background: Abigail doesn’t know her birth parents; however, she was adopted at an early age by a loving family who were unable to have a daughter of their own and chose to adopt Abby.  Despite her parents wanting her and raising her in a loving environment, their jobs often took one or the other away from the family for several weeks or even months.  More often than not, she was raised in a single-parent home. 

Still, Abby has always been a bright and chipper person.  This was most readily seen when she would put on a “performance” every time one of her parents returned from a long trip, which was very often.  She would sing, dance, and even act.  Her parents have gathered several hours worth of old family movies and plan to reveal them at her upcoming graduation party.

When she was thirteen, she was finally told that she was adopted, a shocking revelation brought about by a science project dealing with genetics.  Despite the love of her adoptive parents, the revelation brought about worries as to who she was, why she’d been abandoned, and whether she was worthy of being wanted.  She also adopted a strong dislike for the sciences, which somehow bridged over to math and history.

Despite her parents being wealthy, Abigail hasn't been given everything she wants.  She drives a twelve year-old Ford Taurus, which is more lemon than car.  Instead of buying her a new car, her parents have told her the money is going for college tuition.

She has sung for both her church and school choirs and has had an important role in every school play since she was in the fifth grade.  At the age of sixteen, she joined a garage band with a few of her friends.  During the summer, and around Christmas, she participated with a local amateur theater group.  She was voted “Most likely to be a Starlet”.

Xenolord

My name is Xenolord and I'm (still) playing Softcore!

Name: Ramira "Rami" Ivarstead

Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Appearance:

Clique: Cheersquad

Favorite Subjects: Cheerleading [She'll tell you it is a subject], ASL

Personality: Outgoing and fun, Rami is probably the nicest of the cheerleaders. She helps people less fortunate then herself, and loves everyone.

Fears: Necrophobic

Other/Background: Rami is Jessica's translator, always seen with the SGA president, her hands never stop moving when she's with the other girl. She is the vice president of the SGA, as well as being the president of the GSA secretly. Confidentially, Rami has a crush on Jessica but would never jeopardize their friendship by owing up to it. Rami hates jocks and other cheerleaders alike, and avoids them if she can. She only joined he cheer squad to be around so many cute girls.

My second character. I decided to play both, because it will expedite my posting speed, and negate confusion.

mj2002

Xeno, Im going to assume you mean Jessica when you mention Jennifer?

Kokaine

All these cheerleaders popping up... maybe I should switch mine out for a female jock...

My O/Os

Xenolord

... it was early and I wasn't awake... and yes, I did. Lemme... Lemme fix this... this is what happens when I elliquiy first thing in the morning...

AribethAmkiir

Roen

Quote from: Kokaine on March 21, 2014, 09:17:34 AM
All these cheerleaders popping up... maybe I should switch mine out for a female jock...
Indeed, a lot of cheerleaders o.O
We need more geeks and jocks! And perhaps a class clown/prankster? (I miss Max >_>)

-Nathan Alterman.

AribethAmkiir

don't cheerleaders fall into the jock trope?

Lynnette

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 21, 2014, 09:39:47 AM

Going by archetypes, I'd kind of say no. Jocks are normally (At least in literature and movies etc) "dumber" and kind of bully-ish, while the cheerleaders are more bitchy and upperclass I guess.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

mj2002

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 21, 2014, 09:39:47 AM
I would imagine so. Dont the two stereotypically gravitate to each other? I'd balance things out by not having my character be a cheerleader, but it would be awkward and difficult to maintain her story then.

King Serperior

I have an "invisible" guy who doesn't fit any specific category.  The overlooked guy.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Roen

Quote from: King Serperior on March 21, 2014, 09:49:54 AM
I have an "invisible" guy who doesn't fit any specific category.  The overlooked guy.

Submit away, King Serperior.

-Nathan Alterman.

kingmaster1

Wow, this is getting so much attention, I love it! ;D

Kokaine

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 21, 2014, 09:28:40 AM
Tacklehugs the Koka!!

*huggles the Ari* hey luv ^^

Quote from: Roen on March 21, 2014, 09:31:36 AM
Indeed, a lot of cheerleaders o.O
We need more geeks and jocks! And perhaps a class clown/prankster? (I miss Max >_>)

Alrighty... I'll swap out my cheerleader for the captain of the girls basketball team in a few.
My boy will stay an outcast, heh.

My O/Os

mj2002

Can the first post include an overview of the characters, or are they going through review first? I'm getting lost in all these different characters already.

Roen

Quote from: mj2002 on March 21, 2014, 10:20:04 AM
Can the first post include an overview of the characters, or are they going through review first? I'm getting lost in all these different characters already.

At this stage, we're allowing people who are interested to submit their character applications.
Later on we will have to pick the initial set-up of the group, that is- the accepted players and their characters, and we will post an organized list.

Keep in mind that those that will not be accepted might still get a spot at a later stage of the game, should they still be interested in joining it.
Unfortunately, a screening process is unavoidable when we're talking about a relatively small-group game with a high number of applicants.

For anyone curious about the numbers, we're aiming for an initial group of 6-8 players and 2 GMs.

As for the pictures, it's not really for me to tell you what pictures to use for your own characters, as long as you abide by the site's rules. However, keep in mind that this is an action game, first and foremost, it will have adult content- but it's more about the roleplay and the story. Young people of 17-19 can be pretty good looking, but let's not all create a line-up of supermodels, guys, these are post-teenagers, some can be skinny or slightly full, or just barely cute, let's see some colors here, we're aiming for an iconic setup.

To me, iconic means memorable, it means diverse, and approachable, something everyone can relate to. Iconic can be pretty, but with a beauty that's solid and can shine through dirt and blood and plain clothes, not the seven-pounds-of-makeup kind of plastic pretty.

And... Well, I don't want to be mean or disrespectful, but some of the women in the pictures submitted look like middle-aged porn stars in fetish costumes >_>

That said, pictures are not something we look at when we come to review a character, so none of you should be worried about that.

-Nathan Alterman.

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

kingmaster1

AribethAmkiir

When are you planning on making decisions for the cast, Roen/King?

Kokaine

My O/Os

Chreestafer

Instead of being the soon to be military brat I think im going to make him a hockey player. Would our school have a hockey team? If so I think im going to keep the main chunk of my history with dead father and being a military brat but instead of boxing im going to make him the new kid on the hockey team and the new kid in school.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lynnette

I'll be making two characters, the lead cheerleader and possibly her (half)brother who might or might not be a transgender. We'll see.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Kokaine

I guess it might make sense to wait and see if we're accepted before trying to talk connection then...

My O/Os

King Serperior

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 21, 2014, 10:55:34 AM
*gasp* his invisibility is strong! :O
Yep, page one.  Guy only has one little claim to attention, otherwise he is the easily overlooked guy with potential.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

mj2002

Quote from: Kokaine on March 21, 2014, 11:35:00 AM
I guess it might make sense to wait and see if we're accepted before trying to talk connection then...
This has crossed my mind as well.

AribethAmkiir

The more I think about it the more I'm excited about it.  The first had a lot of potential.  I followed the second a bit.  Now, this one looks really good.

Chreestafer

All hell should break loose on a Monday that would be ironic haha.  But what part of the school year will this be taking place? Beginning?  End?
Ons and Offs
F-List

kingmaster1

End of the year, everyone will be so close to freedom from high school and then... some horrid thing hits the fan with an even worse thing :P

azzmeister89

its taking place at prom from what the description says. sorry the original wasn't up to scratch for you guys MJ and Ari but i will agree, after Roen, Cal and now king took over it has gotten much better, i'm just happy people liked my idea enough to want to keep at it after my attempt failed.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: azzmeister89 on March 21, 2014, 12:11:40 PM
its taking place at prom from what the description says. sorry the original wasn't up to scratch for you guys MJ and Ari but i will agree, after Roen, Cal and now king took over it has gotten much better, i'm just happy people liked my idea enough to want to keep at it after my attempt failed.

azz, I wasn't saying that to be mean or insulting.  I'm sorry if you took it that way.  Your idea, as evidenced by the third installment, was great!

I don't know if it helps any, but think of the first attempt as a test.  Consider how many edits a novel needs, or test phases a program goes through.  I wouldn't call the original a failure.  You should consider, that this idea is still alive and well, very much a success, at least, in my opinion.

Roen

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 21, 2014, 11:08:02 AM
When are you planning on making decisions for the cast, Roen/King?
Probably no later than the end of this month. I want to give everyone a fair chance at noticing this game and submitting their characters. It's a shame how excellent players often PM you saying "Oh, shoot! I can't believe how I missed this game!"
Which means, we will be announcing our final list of approved players on April Fools :D

*UPDATE*
I've added a "The GMs and I" section to the opening post, to let everyone know about our GMing style and how this game and application process will be managed.

-Nathan Alterman.

King Serperior

Quote from: Roen on March 21, 2014, 02:28:38 PM
*UPDATE*
I've added a "The GMs and I" section to the opening post, to let everyone know about our GMing style and how this game and application process will be managed.
*reads and pulls out the tar and feathers......reads further and hides them before KS covers King with them*

:P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

kingmaster1

Quote from: King Serperior on March 21, 2014, 04:59:19 PM
*reads and pulls out the tar and feathers......reads further and hides them before KS covers King with them*

:P

*Had a tar and feather proof umbrella ready and then puts it away*

mj2002

Quote from: Kokaine on March 21, 2014, 11:35:00 AM
Just for the GMs to clarify, this applies, yes?

kingmaster1

Yeah, probably shouldn't form character connections until you're one of the approved people :-)

Otherwise someone could get chosen and you don't and then it would all be for nothing XD

Roen

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 21, 2014, 05:07:02 PM
Yeah, probably shouldn't form character connections until you're one of the approved people :-)

Otherwise someone could get chosen and you don't and then it would all be for nothing XD

That's partially true, bro.

As I've submitted my character sheet for Brad, I've mentioned three character spots that I'm looking to be filled- the head cheerleader, the nerd victim and Brad's best friend. Anyone is more than welcome to apply to any of those spots. If we happen to decide to accept someone else into that spot, but we still want your character in the game, there is no reason the character can't be altered to cut that connection out.

What I would like to discourage you from is any form of bickering about game spots. Remember, one of the most important things for us, as the GMs of this game, is to have a team of players that can get along, have fun together and create interesting group dynamics.

-Nathan Alterman.

King Serperior

Quote from: Roen on March 21, 2014, 06:20:09 PM
As I've submitted my character sheet for Brad, I've mentioned three character spots that I'm looking to be filled- the head cheerleader, the nerd victim and Brad's best friend. Anyone is more than welcome to apply to any of those spots. If we happen to decide to accept someone else into that spot, but we still want your character in the game, there is no reason the character can't be altered to cut that connection out.
Hmm....perhaps my character could be this victim?  I do have that he hero-worships someone for saving him from being tormented by a "bully."

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kokaine

Quote from: Roen on March 21, 2014, 06:20:09 PM
That's partially true, bro.

What I would like to discourage you from is any form of bickering about game spots. Remember, one of the most important things for us, as the GMs of this game, is to have a team of players that can get along, have fun together and create interesting group dynamics.

I considered PMing you about Felix and Brad but Felix isn't a nerd really, just an outcast, and he would fight back if Brad messed with him--probably wouldn't win--but I'd like to think he'd get in a few hits. That didn't seem to fit what you seemed to be looking for :/

However, if someone wants to have messed with him (could even just be verbal abuse) then I'd be all for it. If it's a male he'd get mad and try to fight, if it was a female he'd get pissed but he doesn't hit girls.

My O/Os

Roen

Brad can have more than one recurring targets, no worries, people :)

We'll discuss these connections on the OOC thread, for those of you that will get in the initial setup.

-Nathan Alterman.

mj2002

Quote from: Roen on March 21, 2014, 07:06:39 PM
for those of you that will get in the initial setup.
Damn, this is going to be like a contest!

kingmaster1

Roen

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 21, 2014, 07:15:03 PM
Eh, more of an election :P

There's nothing happening here that doesn't happen in most other games, guys, let's just take it all in good spirit :)

-Nathan Alterman.

The Jackal

I think I'll throw my hat into the ring.

My name is The Jackal and I'm playing HARDCORE!

Name: Bruce Rowland

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
D/S: Virgin

Appearance:

He's 5'10" and prefers to wear comfortable clothes like t-shirts, jeans, and the occasional zip up hoodie.

Clique: Gamers (Geeks)

Favorite Subjects: Algebra (Math), PE, Art

Personality: To others Bruce comes off spacey and a bit fidgety, but when he has a clear objective his mind is sharp as a tack.  Bruce gets really good grades in the classes that keep his attention, but barely passing grades in the others...rumors around school says he's taking online classes from the community college.

Fears: Public Speaking, Spiders, Heights

Other/Background:  Bruce's parents got married right out of high school, and his birth came soon after.   After months of verbal abuse his mother had the sense to file for divorce before things got ugly.  From then on it was Bruce and his mother against the world, unfortunately they never settled down anywhere for more than a few years.  When Bruce transferred to this school his mother promised him that they wouldn't be moving anytime soon.  Bruce works at a restaurant most weekends to pay for his many interests, but still makes time for his friends; whether its hitting a late night movie, or just a good old fashioned card game.  Now that graduation is within sight Bruce finds himself seeming a little more laid back, but the bullies always pull him back to reality...its not over yet.

Lynnette

My name is ReaperDouble0 and I'm playing HARDCORE!

Name: Miranda Williams

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Appearance:

Clique: Popular group (Lead cheerleader)

Favorite Subjects: History (Pillow-lessons) P.E. (Allowed-To-Eat-More-Ice-cream-lessons) and social studies (All-Answers-are-correct-lessons)

Personality: Miranda would compare herself to a chess player. She sits there moving the pieces, instead of being a piece herself. She prefers to sit back and let others do her dirty work, and uses quick wit and her social antennas to get more and more pieces on her side of the board. She's self confident, intelligent, (Not Einstein 2.0, but not in any sense dumb) and love to use it for her own personal advantage.

On the outside however, she appears as a pretty kind and innocent girl hiding behind her strong boyfriend for protection, while in reality, she simply moves him where she wants him to be.

Fears: Being exposed, spiders, most elements from horror movies to some degree.

Other/Background: Her parents had a divorce when she was three and her mother got the parental rights. They remained alone for about four years before her mother remarried again with a rich man who also had a divorce a while ago and had a single son. (I don't want to reveal in more detail or further just yet, I'd rather let go of it during the RP)

Name: Samuel (Sam) Reese

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
D/S: Primarily sub with both genders, but could go a bit more dom with a female than male, where he'd never go dom. Has little experience with females and no experience with men.

Appearance:

As a demonstration against the trend of big muscular guys.

Clique: Inbetweener

Favorite Subjects: English, art and social studies

Personality: Sam is a lot more silent and withdrawn than his step-sister. he could probably easily have played on his sister's social status, but he simply left it be, not wanting "fake" friends or whatever one might call it. He normally strays away from people between classes and would normally be found somewhere reading or playing with his phone. Those that know him does know he's a good guy and all, and if not boyfriend material, he's most certainly a good and reliant friend.

Besides his social issues, he is very reliant and had by the age of 16 both paid for his drivers license, and with a little bit of support from his father, bought a rather new car, which quickly turned into the victim of his stepsister's party habits. It would probably be the only time he'd yell at her, but they do normally get along rather well, at least at home. Since they stray away from one another in public, no-one really know of how their relationship is and quickly assume that the split of social status has made them dislike one another, which of course isn't the truth, but neither bother to object.

Fears: Has a little social anxiousness, death, and falling victim to bullying.

Other/Background: Much like his stepsister, his parents had a divorce and him and his father lived alone for quite the while before he remarried. (Just like above, I'd rather wait it out till the RP starts and reveal more and more underway. If the GMs want more though, feel free to ask, and I'll finish it up)

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Lockepick

My name is Lockepick and I'm playing HARDCORE!

Name: Jouichirou "Joey" Yamamoto

Sexual Orientation: Gay; Closeted, but the rumor is out there.
D/S: Virgin, but submissive in everything else in life.

Appearance:

Clique: Geeks/Nerds/Other Overachieving Asians.

Favorite Subjects: AP Calculus, World History, and AP Chemistry.

Personality: Joey learned early in school that his peers were not nearly as impressed by his academic achievements as his parents and teachers might be. He had little else to offer his peers, and his need to fit in usually ended in him bending to whatever whim his fellow students had. This was usually him doing their homework, covering for them when they broke rules, or being the target of teasing and bullying. The attention is bitter-sweet, and even though Joey almost asked for it, he has started growing unappreciative of the attention. Telling the other students to stop, or fighting back, has never dawned on him, so instead, he just tries to fade into the background and go without being noticed. When he does get somebody's attentions, he'll grin and bear it, playing along with whatever they're asking of him, even if it means demeaning himself.

Fears: Not living up to people's expectations.

Other/Background: Born to Japanese immigrants that put their child's success in front of his happiness. 'Joey' isn't his official name, but an 'Americanized' version of his name he's taken from a very young age. Only joins extracurricular activities that have merit on a college application: AV Club, Young Scientists, Honor Society, Robotics Club. This, combined with his excellent rapport with teachers, gives him access to many places in the school that might be off limits to other students.

Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Kokaine

Going to withdraw my interest. Best of luck to you all :)

My O/Os

DarkEnigma

kingmaster1

mj2002

I just wanted to get something cleared up. In my understanding, having a 'hardcore' character means the character is killable. What it doesn't mean is that it is an invitation for other characters (or the GMs even) to go ahead and kill that character whenever the opportunity arises. I am under the impression that this character ending up dead is not impossible, the player is not against this, but there has to be a reasonable pretext that would lead up to this. A character could act foolishly, walk into a trap, take more risks than is healthy, engage in violence (with violence being returned) or simply exposing themselves to grave physical harm.

I just want to make sure that this doesn't mean this;
Quote from: XenoLord on March 20, 2014, 06:39:12 PM
Question, and not trying to be a dick but... is Uber Hardcore the 'Oh god please kill this person NOW' category? :D
I immediately downgraded my character to hardcore after I read this reply, and the confirmation by one of the GMs.

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 20, 2014, 06:47:55 PM
Hmm... that would seem to be true XD

I was personally under the impression that uber hardcore simply meant that you would have one character, and if they were to die, that's it. I like that idea, but I don't like to have a character that's in the  'Oh god please kill this person NOW' category.

Can a GM clarify this?

azzmeister89

Hmm i wouldn't worry to much about that mj, i highly doubt anyone is going to attempt to start killing other characters off unless all players involved are ok with it. I think the kill me now list was just a joke

Xenolord

Yea, sorry about that. I meant it as a joke, and it didn't come off well. Sorry.

mj2002

Quote from: XenoLord on March 26, 2014, 07:07:10 AM
Yea, sorry about that. I meant it as a joke, and it didn't come off well. Sorry.
Don't worry. I don't mind jokes at all. I was just hoping to get the situation clarified so that everyone understands that is it a joke, if that's the case.

kingmaster1

Quote from: mj2002 on March 26, 2014, 08:52:19 AM
Don't worry. I don't mind jokes at all. I was just hoping to get the situation clarified so that everyone understands that is it a joke, if that's the case.

Yes, mj, it was a joke :-P

Roen

We might have to postpond the deadline for the character submission. In light of recent dropouts, we need more applicants, perhaps a jock or two, and some nerd boys/girls.

-Nathan Alterman.

elfguy

Quote from: Roen on March 28, 2014, 12:13:24 PM
We might have to postpond the deadline for the character submission. In light of recent dropouts, we need more applicants, perhaps a jock or two, and some nerd boys/girls.

I could rework mine into a nerdy girl, if we have too many of the other arch-types.
----

Thesunmaid

My name is [bThesunmaid[/b] and I'm playing Softcore!

Name: Miranda Bailey

Sexual Orientation:pansexual
D/S:depends on her mood and if she likes the person

Appearance: *your picture and/or description here*

Clique: Sort of an in between could be seen as an art or music geek as well as high grades she makes some money on the side by tutoring but with all her body art and piercings she does not look like a typical geek

Favourite Subjects:Music,Metal shop and Art

Personality: Is a straight A student but does not go in for extracurricular activities much.She moved here about a year ago and lives with her drunk of an aunt since her parents who had been sort of free spirits and allowed their daughters expression such as tattooing and piercings.Her parents died in a house fire.She was the only one to make it out of the fire so here she is stuck in I am going to die high. She learned her love of music as a young child and knows how to play the piano and violin as well as recently they took up the drums.She does not really talk to anyone although she does sometimes play with a band called the psychotic dolls as they sneak her into the bars so she could play all the other band members being in their mid 20's.Most doe not believe that she also loves classical music.She has no problem pointing out when someone is being stupid but she tends to stick to the background unless she needs to speak up in times of stress.She also is working part time at a local tattoo shop called Pins and needles their motto is"Your pain is our pleasure. She is learning to become a tattoo artist and body piercer. She currently has her belly button both nipples both ears 3 times and her nose and tongue.One of her only friends is Tristyn Phoenix where they started their unlikely friendship through teachers trying to get the new students to be social by sticking the two of them together and went from there. She sees him as a sort of adorable kicked puppy type.She needed some one to talk to and he was a good listener so it worked. She has a current crush on him not that she will tell him unless she has to.

Fears:she is afraid of enclosed spaces and fire because of the house fire she went through when she was 15 and was trapped until the fireman pulled out passed out from smoke inhalation

Other/Background: She actually has a fairly high tolerance for pain considering she has so many tattoos and piercings done.as well as she has designed almost all of her tattoos except for one that she had a hard time with since she tried to do it herself and had to have it covered up which is where she met Jesse and Alex the owners of the tattoo shop.

Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Thesunmaid

so will the prom be ending in someone getting a bucket of pigs blood and her setting the gym on fire? lol
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

kingmaster1

mj2002

I'm withdrawing my application. I'm taking on too many stories as it is, and I want to give others a chance to participate here.

AribethAmkiir

I'm sorry, but I'm going to withdraw, as well.

It's just been too long a wait.

Thesunmaid

King Serperior

Quote from: thesunmaid on March 31, 2014, 06:43:36 AM
uhh so how many more players do we need now?
Dunno, but I'm sticking with it.  I think I'll change my character to hardcore mode.......I dunno yet.  I'll decide in a couple of days.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Xenolord

Chreestafer

Im still in also and I can adjust my character to be a sort of jock.  And anyone who wishes to work out a history together feel free to pm me :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lockepick

I'm still interested, just waiting to hear back on the final call!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Lynnette

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

azzmeister89

Thesunmaid

Points up at the subject"Does this mean we are going to play soon?"Looks all cute and doe eyed*

kingmaster1

Yes, yes it does, Roen and I are just going to divide up some characters, establish some cliques, and work on a little more stuff but we should be starting soon :-)

Chreestafer

updated character sheet to be a hockey defensemen for the schools team, and took out the boxing aspect :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Roen

Hey, guys.

Though it might seemed that the thread was dying for the last week or so, King and I have been working day and night on this game that we're about to GM to some of you. There is a lot of work still to be done, but it mostly requires the players.

Therefore, we will soon finalize the list of approved players. Each and every one of you that are still with us will get a PM, telling you whether you've been approved or not, so--
Ummm...Yeah, stick around ^_^

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

Well, the PMs are out, all of you that have decided to stay received your notice. To all that have been approved- Congratulations! We're excited over the possibility of having you in our game :)

To all that we weren't able to fit in- we're sorry, you just can't fit everyone in. Don't take this in any way personal or as an indication about our opinion of you/your character/your skills, the decision was made purely out of what characters fit best together and to the plot. We simply had to cut people out to keep the group manageable and the game as stable as possible (since a 11 players' group is simply impractical). Hopefully, with time, we might be able to fit a couple more in.

I've added a link to the OOC thread to the opening post. All are welcome to pop in and take a look, but it's just for the players and the GMs to post in, for the sake of order above all.

I thank all of you that have expressed interest in the game. Your trust and your kind words were both touching and inspiring.

-Ro

-Nathan Alterman.

Ladondra

Wow, I feel kinda bad now that I didn't know of this happening again.  When it ended last time, I thought it was over for good and took it out of my bookmarks.  Now I wish I hadn't.  If at some time, you need someone to fill in a spot, I'll gladly bring Amelia along again.  I'm still intrigued with this story and will keep checking in to see how things are. :)

Good luck til then! <3
R.I.P. Mama
12/05/56-12/21/14

azzmeister89

Ah hello there ladondra, i too am a reserve player, i look forwards to possibly working with you again XD

Chasseybaby

I see y'all are starting this up again! Good luck these guys are fantastic gms, and hope to see great things from this thread soon! *hugs and kisses to Ro and King*
Chas*