News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Mass Effect 2 is a serious investment. With the new DLC, I'm considering importing my character from ME1, with the Liara romance.

Unfortunately, I just started playing a new character, with the intention of exploring every inch of the game and ... why do I even bother? Before ME3 rolls around, I'll have to finish both ME1 and ME2 at least one more time, to get a perfect character.

WHAT THE HELL. We're talking probably hundreds of hours!

Oniya

If a game can actually keep you interested for those hundreds of hours - isn't that a good thing for the gaming budget?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

sleepingferret

It's sort of like the days of playing Daggerfall....that game had so many places to go, you could spend a lifetime trying to explore them all.  Or you could just beat the game.

Heck I still play a lot of my old (or older games) to try to achieve things I never did when I just beat the game.  Or even just to go back through the game using different strategies or even making silly challenges for myself.

Not that it was exceptionally hard to do so, but I once beat the original Halo using only the pistol and assault rifle (and the occasional grenade).  But I never used the alien weapons, and I just went about putting bullet holes in everyone.

Bubbles

I started to re-play SIms2 for some reason..^^ with all the expansions.I don't like Sims3,not at all..the graphic is nice,but not that good ..I really like and will stick with the Sims2 edition xD
I love making house and adding all that stuff to it ;D plus making families and interacts..a very good way to develop Characters :D
A/AO/O's
No more RP's.I am swamped for now.

Wolfy

If I ever got into the Sims..it would only be to torture them...Houses with no Bathrooms, no doors, no windows...no way out...you'll never escape, little sim, not until death comes to claim you. MUWAHAHA

Bubbles

lol wolfy you are evil!! :O  :-\

I would like to re-play Crisis XD I like it..or even warcraft! that's an awesome strategy game!
A/AO/O's
No more RP's.I am swamped for now.

Wolfy

So..I rented Metro 2033..and I don't like it. o-o...It's nice and Atmospheric, but waaaay to hard...even on Easy. O-o I often die from traps that I had absolutely no way of noticing, or just from a few bullets..which may be realistic, but it isn't fun.

Nyarly

If you want to use the classic pool trick (let sim climb into pool, sell ladder, watch sim drown, laugh you ass off (optional)), you have to use The Sims or The Sims 2. It doesn't work in The Sims 3 as they can just climb out at the edge of the pool.

In case you haven't figured it out, I tried it out myself.

Hm... My new avatar fits pretty well to this post.

Wolfy

*is soooo bored* god...just 3 more days..but it feels like forever. T_T

Wolfy

Metro 2033 - AI Lowlights Gameplay

Lawl...I'm tempted to keep playing through just to see if I can find more examples of bad AI..:P

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 10, 2010, 12:09:55 PM
So..I rented Metro 2033..and I don't like it. o-o...It's nice and Atmospheric, but waaaay to hard...even on Easy. O-o I often die from traps that I had absolutely no way of noticing, or just from a few bullets..which may be realistic, but it isn't fun.
I didn't find it hard at all. I beat it on normal and hard and thought it was kind of wanting at times. It's one of my favorite games. The AI isn't exemplary but for God's sake whose is? They're smart enough. I liked that it took a realistic eye. You had to move slowly and carefully like say if you were in a bandit filled station with a FOCPIGs worth of traps. It's not Halo though.  ::)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Did you watch the Video, Inky?..I particularly like the guy who just constantly runs back and forth, not doing a damn thing to stop you...while playing Benny Hill in my head. <_<>_>

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 10, 2010, 04:23:08 PM
Did you watch the Video, Inky?..I particularly like the guy who just constantly runs back and forth, not doing a damn thing to stop you...while playing Benny Hill in my head. <_<>_>
I've never had that happen. A.I. is by it's nature glitchy. It's either that or totally predictable.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

I also loved the dancing corpses....xD

Buuut anyway...yes AI can't have human intelligence..but look at Games like Modern Warfare 2, or other shooters/action games. Enemies generally know how to use cover, and Hell, in Half Life 2: Episode One (And two) the also know how to straff you and flank you. O-o

Then again, I can forgive Metro's bad AI by the explanation that it's caused by radiation poisoning. :P

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 10, 2010, 05:09:20 PM
I also loved the dancing corpses....xD

Buuut anyway...yes AI can't have human intelligence..but look at Games like Modern Warfare 2, or other shooters/action games. Enemies generally know how to use cover, and Hell, in Half Life 2: Episode One (And two) the also know how to straff you and flank you. O-o

Then again, I can forgive Metro's bad AI by the explanation that it's caused by radiation poisoning. :P
They use cover in metro but there is an obvious lack of flanking. They make up for it with insane grenade skills.

Wolfy

The don't use cover Well, though..you can easily take them out by shooting at legs, arms, and heads that stick out of cover. :P

Nyarly

The game, I'm playing the most now is Saint's Row 2. Just a while ago, it never came into my mind to buy it, but after I had a lot of fun with Red Faction Guerilla, I decided to give it a try, as I heard quite some good things about SR 2. And really, I like it more than any GTA game, I've ever played.  The ragdoll physics are so much great that it doesn't even bug me that the game doesn't have any blood (the German version at least although there was this cutscene...). Running over pedestrians was never so much fun! Some are put off by the protagonist, who is very sociopathic, but I think it fits well to the audacious nature of the game.

Wolfy

Quote from: Nyarly on September 10, 2010, 05:19:13 PM
The game, I'm playing the most now is Saint's Row 2. Just a while ago, it never came into my mind to buy it, but after I had a lot of fun with Red Faction Guerilla, I decided to give it a try, as I heard quite some good things about SR 2. And really, I like it more than any GTA game, I've ever played.  The ragdoll physics are so much great that it doesn't even bug me that the game doesn't have any blood (the German version at least although there was this cutscene...). Running over pedestrians was never so much fun! Some are put off by the protagonist, who is very sociopathic, but I think it fits well to the audacious nature of the game.

Give in a British accent, and he becomes a Comedic Sociopath...Cause that voice is just awesome...

Nyarly

Well, I'm playing a female character, so I won't do that. Although it's would be possible to give her a male voice. Hell, I could make her a fat black male, although she is a slender asian woman. Plastic surgery seems to be very advanced in Stillwater.

Wolfy

lol

Do do do..can't wait for Halo: Reach...then the following Week, FFXIV....(Hopefully I'll have my money and computer by then.)...

Before ordering said computer off of newegg, I plan to go to our local Best Buy and See if their Geek Squad can help me pick out something similar or better for the same price there...:P That way I won't have to worry about shipping and stuff....

Then again, that means it also won't have the liquid cooling system...but I can just have one installed if I want it that badly. Lol

Sabby

I love Saints Row 2 for... the story. I know, that's not really what most people will hold up, but it's the games strongest element to me. There's no lesson be implied here, no commentary over the vicious cycle that is gang warfare... your character is aware of the fact that he/she is a massive fucking double standard, and he/she doesn't simply ignore their hypocrisy, the revel in it.

It's the only way that the cutscenes and script could exist in the way they do. Hell, I've taken my Xbox to a movie night and played all of the cutscenes in sequence... was very funny xD

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on September 10, 2010, 08:28:10 PM
I love Saints Row 2 for... the story. I know, that's not really what most people will hold up, but it's the games strongest element to me. There's no lesson be implied here, no commentary over the vicious cycle that is gang warfare... your character is aware of the fact that he/she is a massive fucking double standard, and he/she doesn't simply ignore their hypocrisy, the revel in it.

It's the only way that the cutscenes and script could exist in the way they do. Hell, I've taken my Xbox to a movie night and played all of the cutscenes in sequence... was very funny xD

*tags Sabby* You need to give me your gamertag sometime...:P

Wolfy

ahhh!!! *is going insane in the membrane from the wait* T_T

You are tearing me apart, Bungie! *over-dramatic*

Hemingway

So, rather than simply playing through Mass Effect 2 on two separate characters at the same time, I went back to finish Mass Effect so I could import a character who didn't romance Liara. Because Tali > Liara.

Wolfy

Well, considering Tali requires more maintenance than Liara just to survive.....I dunno..I guess you must love her a lot then.