Exalted (Mostly an Interest Check)

Started by AlexStone, June 19, 2011, 11:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

That's fine, my Sid was built as a Gold anyway.

Well...where are we in the determination of what game we're playing?  Depending on where we are, I have a different opinion...

AlexStone

If you flip up to reply 10, there I lay out 3 campaign frames.  They're not set in stone, but seem to be distilled from expressed interests from various posters- also, there's the possibility that there's Sidereal interference in the Circle, or Lunar antagonists.

meikle

I see Chiaroscuro and Gem!  I like them because they are in the South.

I don't love Nexus or the Scavenger Lands quite as much as the South.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

HairyHeretic

How would an Infernal be working with a Solar circle? I don't have the Infernals book, but everything I know about them makes me think they'd be completely opposed to each other.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AlexStone

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 22, 2011, 09:09:04 PM
How would an Infernal be working with a Solar circle? I don't have the Infernals book, but everything I know about them makes me think they'd be completely opposed to each other.

Infernals fundamentally have free will- so, for their own reasons, they may decide they don't want to be in the Reclamation.  I mean, you don't always get it laid out for you just so, or maybe you have second thoughts about doing the job.  This costs them Limit if they decide not to obey their Urge, but the Yozis fundamentally can't force them to do anything they don't want to do. 

In fact, it's generally accepted that a good reason the Reclamation won't work is that the Infernals decide they don't want it to happen. (Assuming it's even possible.)

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: AlexStone on June 22, 2011, 09:01:48 PM
If you flip up to reply 10, there I lay out 3 campaign frames.  They're not set in stone, but seem to be distilled from expressed interests from various posters- also, there's the possibility that there's Sidereal interference in the Circle, or Lunar antagonists.

Okay, so it's either the Solar Kingdom of Nexus, Chiaroscuro, or Gem?  That's what you're referring to?  Hmmmm...

meikle

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 22, 2011, 09:09:04 PM

"This is where I was born, it's where I grew up, it's where I've experienced everything I've ever experienced.  And when the Yozis offered to make me stronger, smarter -- more able to make this the world I want it to be and not the world it is -- of course I accepted.  But then they changed the terms -- they don't want the world I want, they want the world they want.

But that's not good enough.  And I won't let them have it."

QuoteThis costs them Limit if they decide not to obey their Urge, but the Yozis fundamentally can't force them to do anything they don't want to do.

And unlike Solars, Infernals have the ability to lose Limit before it ever reaches a breaking point.

O and O and Discord
A and A

AlexStone

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 22, 2011, 09:14:37 PM
Okay, so it's either the Solar Kingdom of Nexus, Chiaroscuro, or Gem?  That's what you're referring to?  Hmmmm...

It seems to be some of the notions people were working with.  Someone had to put forward more solid ideas, which is kind of my role here.

ReijiTabibito

Well, my Sidereal or Lunar could work with any of those three, but my Lookshyan would have to be Scavenger Lands.  My Sidereal would also work well with the Lands, since when I initially designed him, he had backgrounds with both Lookshy and the Guild.

Cold Heritage

I want to play a Dawn.

Quote2. Express any opinion you have on game size, Solars only, if any.  (If no opinion, please so state.)

I'd honestly prefer it to be 5 people, but I guess it's too late for that now. It's just - and no offense to others here, like Muse-sama - I just don't like huge ensemble games. I always feel like I end up getting lost in the shuffle and my character loses its luster.

Quote3. Consider  your character.  Post Caste, description of strengths and weaknesses, some personality notes.  A paragraph or two will work.  Consider Rival, Ally and Friend options, but consider leaving a slot open for a circlemate.

Solar Dawn Caste.

He will be from Karn. It is a great place. The people there are like vikings.

His strengths I guess would probably be with what I can do towards making him physically durable - lots of ox-body and that sort of thing. I don't think I can wheedle extra wounds out of mutations, but I'd try if the rules permit. Maybe legendary attributes so he can manage to genuinely be superhuman if only by a single die. Probably jack up melee and war and ride; look into the possibility of a cool mount without having to buy like familiar 5. Presence would probably be his only moderately strong social skill. His weakness, in the main, I think is that he would be like a blunt instrument, to be directed with force and surety of purpose. Not the kind of guy you send on a diplomatic mission unless you want to send the message, in no uncertain terms, "I intend to cause you grievous physical harm." Perhaps people could also mistrust him for his white skin and pale colouration.

I'll leave rival open for a circleperson.

For Ally, I think I would have some sort of local merchant type or perhaps some petty warlord type.

For friend/lover, I suppose my character's lunar bond. She could have a swan as her spirit animal and also be from the north.

Quote4.  Express an opinion on their being a bigger reason as to why the Circle came together so quickly and easily.  Should this be a factor in the game?  A mystery to the players? (If no opinion, please so state.)

I think it should be a factor; I'm cool with Hairy's idea that the PCs are the Solars who had their tombs in Nexus. Some gold faction involvement would also not be unwelcome. Lytek's clandestine involvement is also not unwelcome - though if we're expected to pay for that one merit that gives us first age memories from our own pocket I would decline.

Quote5.  Give input into the story frames: Which do you like?  Would you like one if something changed?  Would you like to add some elements to a particular, or any story?  Would you like to end all of this prattle, have me pick something, and go?

I like them all. My first choice would be A, with B and C tied. I think with C it might need to be established whether Ahlat is gonna be a pretty chill bro to us or if he ain't down with the solars anymore.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Cold Heritage

Another thing. From the sound of things, we won't really have to worry about wearing an orichalcum ring and having the Wyld Hunt come down on us with tactical, laser-guided precision. Do we get to be openly Solar without any penalty beyond the results of our own actions? Well, I suppose openly wearing an orichalcum anything is something that's going to have consequences and repercussions, but it'd be nice if in and of itself it'd be more that this dude is gonna plot against us because we all unanimously refused a political marriage to his ugly child rather than ZOMG TEH ANATHEMA GONNA ATE MAH SOULS.

AlexStone

Quote from: Cold Heritage on June 22, 2011, 09:46:13 PM
Another thing. From the sound of things, we won't really have to worry about wearing an orichalcum ring and having the Wyld Hunt come down on us with tactical, laser-guided precision. Do we get to be openly Solar without any penalty beyond the results of our own actions? Well, I suppose openly wearing an orichalcum anything is something that's going to have consequences and repercussions, but it'd be nice if in and of itself it'd be more that this dude is gonna plot against us because we all unanimously refused a political marriage to his ugly child rather than ZOMG TEH ANATHEMA GONNA ATE MAH SOULS.

Well, there are some people out there who won't deal with you on account of your Solarness, but they'd be foolish.  You're here and established.  The opportunity to nip you in the bud has done passed.  The Wyld Hunt wants to get you, they have to come through the army first. 

meikle

I'm not sure I saw anything claimed solidly except for a dawn.  Two people mentioned Eclipses.  Muse mentioned a DB, but that doesn't really get in my way too much.

I'll put up a couple of concepts that relate to the Twilight position, a Daybreak Caste and a Defiler Caste, depending on which Big Bad ends up being the focus.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Cold Heritage

Quote from: meikle on June 22, 2011, 09:54:14 PM
I'm not sure I saw anything claimed solidly except for a dawn. 

Who claimed Dawn? My eyes aren't working so hot. Please help me, meikle. ;-;

AlexStone

I think we're full now on players- barring a dropout, of course.  We'll keep hashing characters here, and once we're settled on setting and such, we'll get a proper OOC and History thread.

AlexStone

Quote from: Cold Heritage on June 22, 2011, 09:56:56 PM
Who claimed Dawn? My eyes aren't working so hot. Please help me, meikle. ;-;

You did, you <Insert culturally appropriate, friendly but teasing term for person who missed something>! <G>

ReijiTabibito

Sounds good...so, who's on the lineup?

EDIT: And I meant more of the players, not the character types and such.

HairyHeretic

I'm happy with Night, Eclipse, or a Lunar. I can sort out characters for any of those easily enough.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AlexStone

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 22, 2011, 09:58:53 PM
Sounds good...so, who's on the lineup?

Here's what we have:
Cold Heritage: Dawn.
Meikle: Twilight Equivalent.
Lady Elena: Zenith OR Eclipse OR Night.
Hairy Heretic: Eclipse OR Night
Muse: A Solar (?)
Zaer Darkwail: Dragonblooded Sorceress
ReijiTabibito: A Not Solar.

Pumpkin Seeds

AlexStone

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 22, 2011, 10:14:33 PM
So the game is full?

For now.  Obviously, people may drop, so keep an eye out to see if that happens, please.

Muse

Most likely a solar for me too, please, but I'd prefer too know WHERE we're playing before I put forth a concept. 

We can't all cross 8,000 miles of creation before the start of the story, and I often enjoy being somewhat local. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cold Heritage

I wouldn't oppose Pumpkin Seeds being a last last-minute addition. She's good people.

AlexStone

Quote from: Cold Heritage on June 22, 2011, 10:18:04 PM
I wouldn't oppose Pumpkin Seeds being a last last-minute addition. She's good people.

Well, one more won't hurt, then!

Muse

Nexus is awesome, but also has more going on there than even the other two places combined.  IF the idea is that we're not just established but have some political pull, Chiaoscuro or Gem would make more sense. 

I like all three cities, but I haven't had much opportunity to explore Gem, so that would be my vote.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)