A dark Post Apocalyptic plot. (M for F)

Started by Evolution, August 09, 2019, 10:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evolution

The following can either be used as an intro post or a prologue that sets the story.  Either way it's my initial concept and I'm open to making changes.  If the post interests you feel free to send me a private message and we can discuss the details.

The road was quiet and empty as Derrick sped down the highway.  The midday sun was coming down hard on the black armored truck he was driving.  Despite what most people thought, traveling during the day was a little less risky than doing so at night.  Sure during the day you could be spotted miles away, however it was also a lot easier for Derrick to gauge the terrain during the day, to spot potential ambushes.  At night he'd be the one driving with the headlights on, and his surroundings.. Not exactly what anyone would call visible.  As Derrick drove his mind began to wander, thinking about something that he imagined most survivors often thought of..  Just how the world could get so fucked in what seemed like the blink of an eye. 

It had happened about two years back when Derrick was still 16.  No one knew what it was.. Some kind of biological virus?  Was it an attack from a foreign country?  Fucking aliens?  No one seemed to know..  What was known is that people suddenly began to die.  There were no real warning signs, so it gave no way for anyone to prepare.  Planes fell out of the sky.. Multiple car crashes on countless roads as people died behind the wheel of a car, and that only began to describe the devastation that was left behind.  Within an instant almost 90% of the US population had ceased to be. 

No one had any idea what was going on, and that initial fear and panic of the unknown flipped that switch of survival within most of the people who were left behind.  The order of law was gone, and with the mass death there were hardly enough people to run the power grids, to see about the water supply.  Resources that once seemed plentiful were now limited.  Some sought refuge at farms.  Most of them were now unoccupied anyway, though some of the survivors had no qualms about murdering whoever they had to in order to get what they wanted.

The cell towers.. Even the internet had stayed up for a few hours after the initial devastation.  It gave Derrick enough time to piece together what was going on.  The chaos had yet to spread to Derrick's suburban home but he knew it was coming.  Downstairs he could hear his mother sobbing.. It's all she'd done for the past hour.  She'd survived however his dad.. Hadn't been so lucky.  They were at the dinner table when it happened..  His dad's head hit the table.  “Mark?! MARK!”  His mom screamed out as she ran over to her husband.  “Derrick, call 911. Call 911!”  She screamed at him, thinking maybe her husband had a heart attack.  Desperately Derrick tried to get through however by that point the call that Derrick was trying to make was also being made by the countless survivors scatted throughout the country.  “Fuck.. It's not going through..”  Derrick said in a panic as he ended the call and tried again, and again, and again.  His mother had moved his father onto the floor, raising his head onto her lap.  Even from where Derrick stood he could see that even if they did manage to get any kind help... It would be too late.  His father had stopped breathing and wasn't moving. 

Almost 10 whole minutes had passed before Derrick walked up to his mother “Mom..  He's gone..” Derrick said in a somber tone.  She wasn't prepared to listen as she sobbed hysterically.  Maybe some part of her knew that he was gone..  But the 34 year old just couldn't process it. “N-no.. Baby.. It'll.. Be okay.. Derrick.. H-he called someone.. Just... Just hold on baby.. Just-” His mother trailed off as she stared down at her husband.  It was starting to become almost too much for the 16 year old... He had no idea what had happened, or what to do..  He took a few staggering steps backwards as he disappeared into the house.  Like most teenagers he escaped to his phone..  It wasn't until he got on social media.. Twitter and Facebook, that he realized what had happened to his family was happening all across the country, and all over the world.  Some of those who had survived were going from house to house looking for survivors.. In most cases there was nothing left but the dead.

It was at that point that Derrick noticed how quiet things were outside..  Had anyone else on their street survived?  He had no way of knowing.  Derrick had seen way too many zombie and post apocalyptic movies to know what was coming.. The quiet... The calm wouldn't last long..  Along with the loss of life, social media was already picking up on the panic, looting, and essentially the dismantling of civility and society.  Derrick knew it wouldn't be long before the chaos found it's way to their doorstep.  He couldn't just sit there and do nothing.  He made his way over to his parents bedroom and found the key to the armored truck that was parked in the driveway.  His dad worked for the bank, his job being to make deliveries throughout the city.  His dad didn't actually own the armored truck, as a matter of fact the routine was that his dad would drive to work, then get into the armored truck, and when the day was over he'd drive back in his own car.  It just so happened that on that particular day his car had broken down, and instead of paying for a taxi or Uber his boss had agreed to let him drive the truck home, if only for that one day. 

Derick made his way to the driveway and unlocked the back.  He rushed back inside and began to pack.  He found a suitcase in the closet and threw in whatever clothes of his he could find before going into his parents room.  He did the same with his mother's clothes.  He was about to do the same with his father's clothes when he paused... The reality of his father having passed hit him.  “Not.. Now..”  Derrick said to himself, knowing that he could grieve later.  He shut the suitcase and dragged it down the stairs, out the house, and threw it into the back of the truck.  He then made his way into the garage, grabbing his dad's hunting rifle and ammunition.  His dad was never a big gun nut however given his line of work he knew how important they could be.  His dad had been taking Derrick to the gun range since he was about 10, teaching him gun safety as well as how to use various weapons.  At the age of 16 Derrick knew more about guns than most teenagers his age.  Once the hunting rifle and ammo were loaded into the back Derrick made his way into the kitchen with an empty duffel bag he'd found in the back of the armored truck.  He avoided his mother who didn't even notice him as he walked past.  He packed as much canned goods as he could.  He made four trips back and forth.  He was getting ready to go back into the house when he heard a vehicle approaching from down the road.

Derrick wasn't sure what to make of it until one of them shouted “END OF THE FUCKING WORLD YOU SPOILED FUCKING FUCKS!” from the rundown looking pickup.  “Fuck..”  Derrick muttered under his breath.  As the pickup got closer Derrick was the first one they saw, their headlights almost blinding him as he raised his right arm to shield his eyes.  “Looks like we got us some fresh fukkkin meat!”  One of the men said as Derrick bolted for the house.  “DON'T RUN KID!  THERE AIN'T NO GETTIN' AWAY!” one of them shouted again.  The pickup came to a stop in front of their house, just as Derrick had slammed the door shut and locked it.  “FUCK!”  He hissed at himself, realizing he'd already packed up the hunting rifle in the back of the truck.. “Dad's shotgun..”  He said to himself as he rushed up the stairs, digging through his parents closet as he found the case in the back where his dad kept a pump action shotgun.  Derrick scrambled to the nightstand next to the bed as he began to dig for the key to the case.  Two loud slams echoed throughout the house.  “GET OUT HERE YA LITTLE SHIT.. DON'T MAKE US WORK FOR IT!”  The second man shouted out as the two continued to bang against the door. 

Once Derrick found the key it only took him a few moments to load up the shotgun.  He rushed back downstairs, shotgun in hand.  His mom was still in the kitchen.. Still sobbing, and seemingly oblivious to what was going on around her.  Derrick made his way into the living room.  He slid the sofa to where it was about 10 feet away from the front door.  He crouched behind it, aiming the shotgun at the door.  If he gave them a warning shot it would tip them off that he was armed..  Which could make the situation that much worse if they were also armed.. At that moment they thought he was just some scared kid..  He could use that to his advantage... 

It didn't take long before he could hear the hinges on the wooden door beginning to give.  A few more kicks and the door gave away.  The instant the two men stepped inside Derrick unloaded.  Within a matter of seconds firing all five rounds.  There was only a second or two of silence before his mother let out an ear shattering scream.  “Derrick... Oh my god!! What did you do? What's.. What's going on?!?!”  she said in a panic, finally snapping out of whatever daze she was in.  “Mom.. Go upstairs.. The bedroom.. Lock the door.. NOW!”  He growled at her.  His mother rushed over to him and screamed again as she saw the two dead bodies by the door.  “Mom!  NOW!” He yelled at her again, this time she seemed to understand.  She gave Derrick a nod as she rushed upstairs.

Derrick reloaded as he made his way to the front door..  He had no idea if there were more of them..  He peered out from the side of the doorway.. Their truck was still running though he couldn't see anyone else..  Cautiously he made his way towards the pickup, holding up the shotgun the entire time.  It wasn't until he was only a few steps away that he heard a scream coming from the back.  As he got closer her saw that there was a girl in the back.. She couldn't have been more than 18.  Her wrists were cuffed behind her back and she was stripped almost completely naked..  It was pretty obvious what the men had in mind when they'd abducted her.  “Keys... Keys..”  Derrick thought to himself as he ran back to the house.  He put down the shotgun as he searched the now mangled bodies of the two men.  Once he had the key he made his way back to the back of the pickup.  “I got the keys! Hold on okay?”  He said to the frightened teenager as he pulled on her wrist.  He managed to uncuff her right wrist before he felt a sharp pain in his gut.  It took his mind a moment to catch up to the fact that the girl had just kicked him.. And HARD.   The second kick threw him onto his back.  “DON'T. FUCKING. TOUCH. ME. YOU. RAPIST. FUCK!!!” She screamed at him as she jumped out the back of the pickup.  “Wh...Wait..” Derrick wheezed out but by the time he raised himself onto his knees the girl had already disappeared down the road.

The kick had winded him but hadn't done any real damage.  Derrick made his way into the house.  He knocked on the door, letting his mom know it was safe.  “Derrick.. What.. What's happening?” She said to him as she unlocked and opened the bedroom door, still very much in a panic.  “I'll explain everything.. But right now.. We have to go... Okay?  We have to go..”  Derrick said to her as calmly as he could.

There are many directions this roleplay could take.  What is left of the world is pretty much in chaos.  There is no more society.  People huddle together in packs, there are gangs here and there.  Criminals who have taken over, for example turning a prison that they resided in into a fortress.  I can see this roleplay having a lot of dark themes like non/con, rape, and various other unpleasantness that you'd find in a world like this.  This could be a mom/son story, or something could happen to the mother and when the roleplay itself begins MC is on his own.  He could meet someone on the road, or instead of a teenager and his mother the two characters could be father/daughter, who explore and survive in what's left of the world.  Either way..  I'm free to discuss any ideas or inspirations you might have had after reading my intro.  If you want to steal the concept for your own roleplay you're welcome to do that as well.

Aroniel

I must say, your little intro was amazing! Honestly, I mean it. ^_^ I am  indeed intrested in this roleplay, so, if you are still looking... Well, I exist! =3 (Though I am not a very big fan of incest but I am sure this isn't a problem, right?)

Evolution

Incest is just one possible pairing, I'm open to any suggestions.