Pathfinder Adventure Path

Started by Autocad, December 19, 2015, 09:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocad

Because Autocad doesn't give up!

Looking for 2 players whose characters will be best buddies.

Possible paths:

Runelords
Crimson Throne
Council of Thieves
Kingmaker
Jade Regent
Skull and Shackles

Chulanowa

Well, with the exception of Council, those sound all good to me. Lean more towards Kingmaker and Runelords / Jade regent (Giantslayer if you've got it, too  ;) )

kckolbe

I think I could manage being best buds with a char of Chula's.  I haven't played any of those, but I've read through Crimson Throne.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Muse

*laughs*  And KC beat me to the punch. Have fun you three. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ChaoticSky

I would also be interested if your not just doing first come/first serve.

Any of those would be good for me, though I admit some keenness for Rise.

Ixy

I, too, would love to play a Pathfinder path-- if you have a decision, please let us know what kind of characters you'd be looking for.  Maybe those who are expressing interest could compare some background ideas, and you could pick a pair to match up?

Blinkin

I'll say the same, if it's not first come, first serve, I'll throw my hate in. It would be nice to play with a "friend" character for a change. I'm open for any of the paths, although I've tried Kingmaker and Skull's, I've never gotten beyond the first few scenes of either.

And I'm always happy to work out backgrounds and such, even if few seem to want to do that these days. lol

The sex and class of whatever character that I offer would depend heavily upon what would be needed/desired by the GM and co-partner to make the best fit for a pair of adventurers... although I wonder as most adventure paths are designed for 4 players.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ixy

I echo Blinkin here.  I suppose the question is: What path are you interested in running, so we can start putting together some ideas for you?

Nanachan

A duo slash fuckbuddy kind of deal sounds fun! I'd love to play, depending on settings

Miroque

I could join up to Kingmaker. Thats the only one I know of from the list.

Lunar Raven

I'll throw in my pitch for this one, if roles haven't been taken.  I'm kind of partial to Jade Regeant; Rise of the Runelords; and Kingmaker in that order of preference.

Some character ideas I'm brainstorming are:

• A female kitsune (if the adventure has a particularly bent, she might even be a futa) with a male human form.  Possibly a Mesmerist (CN-CG) dedicated to Calistria.
  • An Aasimar Paladin or Kineticist, with a strong Agathion heritage, and thus some... animal characteristics.
  • An Android (Unchained) Monk (LN) or Investigator (N), who's getting in touch with his 'living' (rather than construct) nature.  Unique to his type (who are generally sterile), he was programmed/developed a nano-technological quirk that allows him to father (android) children.

If anyone want to brainstorm partner ideas, I'm all ears!
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Autocad

A lot of positive reception!

OK, so I'll most likely be going with Jade Regent.

The characters will be Minkai-descended characters, trying to hang on to their Minkai culture with Minkai mannerisms and classes (samurai, miko-themed divine caster, that sort of thing)

(For people who don't get it, replace "Minkai" with "Japanese" to understand what's going on.)

A human character, and only a human, can possibly be the heir to the throne.

Since there's so much interest, I might also do another game.

Based on Touhou, no original characters allowed - remake the canon characters with high-level Pathfinder characters. Like, Reimu is a cleric, Marisa is a wizard, that sort of thing. There're a gazillion canon characters to work with, so no shortage there.

And go through the plot of some of the Touhou games in a world where the formalized elegance and non-lethality of danmaku is replaced with merciless d20 combat.

Feel free to fangasm with me or tell me what a bad idea this is.  :P

Miroque

As your running Jade Regent, would you take total newbie to that game? I could form up an application (wiht japanise twist) but dont have the rules for such.. if the AP forces to put somehting on it.

I have been thinking female Human Summoner...

kckolbe

The idea doesn't appeal to me, but there are likely plenty who will go for it.  Best of luck.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Autocad on December 21, 2015, 08:30:21 AM
A lot of positive reception!

OK, so I'll most likely be going with Jade Regent.

The characters will be Minkai-descended characters, trying to hang on to their Minkai culture with Minkai mannerisms and classes (samurai, miko-themed divine caster, that sort of thing)

(For people who don't get it, replace "Minkai" with "Japanese" to understand what's going on.)

A human character, and only a human, can possibly be the heir to the throne.
Just to check, does this mean that the four Paizo characters (Ameiko, Koya, Sandru, and Shalelu) won't be making an appearance?

Are there any particular race choices you won't be accepting (just to check options).  Thanks.

Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

Sadly, I have no interest in oriental adventures, I'm probably in the vast minority in this regard, but all of the decades of bad anime and the over-use of japanese terms has just turned me off of the entire genre.

I wish you a great game though. :)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Autocad

There are some specific Japanese-themed classes like Samurai and Ninja, but generally you can take a class and give it a Far Eastern feel through fluff and description, without necessarily changing the mechanics.

The four Paizo NPCs may or may not appear, depending. Don't count on them, though. Unless your character background is the sibling of one of them or something.

No race restrictions but don't read this as permission to munchkin and make a half-dragon half-giant half-demon minotaur or something.

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Autocad on December 21, 2015, 11:31:05 AM
No race restrictions but don't read this as permission to munchkin and make a half-dragon half-giant half-demon minotaur or something.
Lol, wouldn't have gone that far.

Idea & Request Thread

Chulanowa

Jade Regent, gotcher. I've actually got a few ideas on that, happily enough.

20 point buy, two traits I'm guessing?

What i'm looking at thus far is a "child of two peoples," a child born of Tian-Min and Avistani (probably Varisian, maybe Ulfen or Shoanti)  parents. This points more towards human, but I'm not interested in running the "heir," so it could as easily run with any medium-size "human-type" (such as the human-descended races like Aasimar or Suli-Jann, or half-elf, or whatever - Look Autocad, no halflings!) Class-wise I'm not real picky, and will happily play off a partner; the tank to your robe, the cleric to your trap-setter-offer, the fifth wheel to your summoner...  ;D

Snake

Jade Regent is good with a larger party rather than 2 and I'd join in on it.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice also interest to join Jade Regent if game is started. Would go and use a samurai class (likely the dual wielding variant who masters dual blade use).

Ixy

Ok, well, thanks for your time.  I don't think there's much here to work with for me. 

ChaoticSky

Also out, Jade is one of the APs im more interested in, but this.... isnt anything like how i always wanted to engage with that AP. Insisting we be super japanesey is bad enough, but cutting out the core NPCs is too much.

And touhou? No ho.  :P

Chulanowa

Quote from: ChaoticSky on December 21, 2015, 08:33:25 PM
Also out, Jade is one of the APs im more interested in, but this.... isnt anything like how i always wanted to engage with that AP. Insisting we be super japanesey is bad enough, but cutting out the core NPCs is too much.

And touhou? No ho.  :P

I think the Touhou stuff is for a different game...

Autocad