Shadows of the Sword Coast (Forgotten Realms 3.5)

Started by Nicolae, October 19, 2013, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Well, I'm trying to poke at it, but honestly, I don't think I'm confident enough in my ability to have it done on time... I'll still keep poking at it, but I guess I might have to bail on this rp if I can't manage it.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Nicolae

Can you post what you've got here and we can help you with the rest? I can extend the deadline if you've got the backstory done and you only need equipment and a little crunch worked on.
O/O   Ideas

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Darkling on October 31, 2013, 04:42:47 PM
On other note, im probably not going to use the SP at all, remind me to make a non-caster next time. They dont advance spell level, and im not losing five levels O_O

True, it sucks loosing 5 levels of spellcasting. Usually you take non-casters before it, or other casters (like paladin with spellcasting). Or you take bard but jump straight to the PrC and then jump from that to Sublime Chord (and sneakily progress bard spellcasting instead sacred prostitute one). Of course GM/ST could house rule a change for it (give spellcasting if your from non-casting class when entering and progress spellcasting if coming from caster class).

Florence

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=686059

The equipment listed is just sort of my half-finished scribbles of what I can get. As for backstory, I honestly don't think hers will be very complex at the start. Mostly just a druid who's been in the forest for a looooong time. Fell in love once before and had her heart broken. I mean, I could try fleshing it out more, but honestly that seems to be the gist of it.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Calrond on October 31, 2013, 09:10:41 PM
@Darkling: Can you paraphrase it? There's no reason for it to be as long as it was before, before the deadline. I'll be fine if you can paraphrase it now and maybe write it in later.
Bleh, checked out last night, so i didnt see this untill now... and i have to go to work now so i wont even be home untill after the deadline >.<

Nicolae

@Darkling: Go ahead and post what you've got over on the character thread when you get home. Don't worry about the deadline (although try to get it posted and up today) so much since I know you've got the finished character in your mind. Just give me the sheet and a brief overview of your backstory when you can and I'll be fine.

@Finn: Looks like you need a little work on yours. I suggest a ranged weapon feat to boost your ranged skills (Manyshot or something like that), at the very least, go ahead and pick your first day's spells, buy an enchanted composite longbow or shortbow (+1 Strength, since that's what your character has), and some non-combat related equipment, and I think you should be on your way to a solid druid. As for backstory, just give me two paragraphs and I'll be fine for now. If it doesn't look like you'll be finished before the deadline, go ahead and post your information on the character thread and we'll finish it up tonight or tomorrow.
O/O   Ideas

Landshark

Im terribly sorry for all the time ive waisted of yours but due to RL requirements there is no way ill be able to give this rp the attention it diserves. Sorry for the bow out. I really did want to play this one. Hope it goes well you seem to have a good group.

Muse

Much sadness Land Shark.  Who/what were you playing again? 

And good journey. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Landshark

Muse

Oh, dear.  I'll really hate to see him go. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Countdown0

I still don't get how elves can be considered "middle aged" at 200-250 years old, when they can live to be almost 1000. Mathematically speaking, at 200-250, they would still be young adults. Aw well.

Sorry to see Landshark bowing out, but life happens I guess.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Florence

Its what it says in the books D:

Anyway, I'll still try to poke at this a little, but... yeah, looks like its past the cutoff :x so...

Countdown0

I understand its in the books. It just feels... well, dumb :P

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Particularly when in many D&D settings, and Forgotten Realms isn't very different, elves aren't considered adults until their upper 70's to 100.

Of course, no where in the thread did it say that characters had to be middle aged. 8th level is only about a quarter, or less of the way to 20th if you go by experience alone. If you're elderly when you reach 20th, then you should still be realitively young at 8th. Humans in their upper 20's to early 30's... dwarves just rounding their first 6th or 7th decades.. and so on. IF you're hitting middle age at 8th level, you're going to be in a serious world of hurt by 16th.

In the end, elves don't gain experience for the same adventuring lives than humans do, so if a human can do it by their mid 30's...elves should be able to hit that mark in the same 15-20 years.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

greenknight

Quote from: Countdown0 on November 01, 2013, 04:28:49 PM
I understand its in the books. It just feels... well, dumb :P
Consider first that only the basic categories are pegged to the human proportions of potential lifespan, not the maximum lifespan variables. So elven age categories are consistently 5 times humans', though the maximum lifespan is almost 7 times longer. You see this with all the races. Half-orcs have 85% of age category length while having a max age of only 72% human standard. Halflings are 1.4x and 1.8x, etc. Second, you're talking about a notably light-framed race that favors wizardry. Stacking mental benefits early, at the expense of the physical, seems quite fitting with that.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Countdown0

Fair enough. Its just that we have an elf Druid who is 214, which is apparently middle-aged for elves, which is odd when you consider how long they can live. I mean, when a "short" lifespan for an elf is around 650 to 700, you think you wouldn't be middle-aged until around 350. I understand its not just about the mathematical middle. Still, it just seems strange that elves reach middle-age so soon, relative to they life span.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Nicolae

Alright, everyone! The game has begun. If you haven't posted your character to the character thread, do so before you make your first post in the game.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=188971.0
O/O   Ideas

ChaoticSky

my sheet is now 'done' pending Cal's approval ill start posting

and ill fill in the details over the weekend, i hope XD

Nicolae

@Darkling: Can you send me the sheet or post it in the Character thread?
O/O   Ideas

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Calrond on November 01, 2013, 09:29:59 PM
@Darkling: Can you send me the sheet or post it in the Character thread?
its in there o.o

Link

Nicolae

Ah, sorry. When I didn't see that a new post had been made, I assumed you hadn't posted yet. No problem.
O/O   Ideas

Nicolae

@Darkling: Oh, and also, you can begin posting now.
O/O   Ideas

greenknight

Where do you want an updated gear list? I didn't really have any mundane gear before, so I bought the usual adventuring stuff.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Nicolae

Just change it on your sheet (and the character thread if you posted an equipment list).
O/O   Ideas