Weird fantasy sexy D&D

Started by ZincStandard, November 05, 2017, 01:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZincStandard

Hi all!  So, let me say first off that this is my first request thread on E; therefore, I might not be fully up on all the usual protocols yet.  If I'm missing anything, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm looking for a DM and some fellow players for a D&D game with a sexy tone.  Pretty standard, but the twist here is that I want to move away from what one might consider standard D&D setting tropes.  I want to break the typical Tolkien mold and explore fantastical elements that feel weird, alien, and unexpected.  For a great example of what I'm talking about, take a look at some stuff from this blog--any DM willing to actually run Arnold K.'s Centerra setting, in full or significant part, will win my undying love.  (Even if not, I highly recommend his content, as it's fantastic just to read by itself.)  That's not to say I want every part of the world to be weird and alien, of course--indeed, I think those elements work best when you have characters coming from more familiar, grounded starting points going out to encounter them.

On the sexual content front, I definitely don't want a game that's just nonstop sex stuff.  I'd prefer sexy themes to be worked into parts of the world's culture and general tone, and definitely some scenes where it's front-and-center, but also plenty of typical D&D adventuring.

Mechanically, my first choice would be 5e, though I'd also be comfortable with 3.5e or Pathfinder if that's the DM's preference.  I generally prefer more low-power games, so anything where characters start fairly low-level (1st to 4th, perhaps) would make me happy.

Any takers?