Vertigo Universe RP

Started by Cdizk, May 13, 2011, 09:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdizk

Hey Everyone,

This is my first time role-playing so I'll keep this really broad for now....

Was looking at starting a RP based within the universe of Vertigo comics, or comics along the darker, adult oriented vein (Such as 100 Bullets, Hellblazer,  Transmetropolitan, Sandman etc)?

If you have any ideas or want further clarification, let me know!

Le Immortelle

Oh hell yes! I love Vertigo's titles and would definitely love to be a part of this!

Urbanzorro

Interestingly enough a game similar to Y: The Last Man was on my mind yesterday, (though I can't remember if that's a Vertigo or Image comic) Also Fables was an epic series (Once again not too sure if it was Vertigo or Image, they kind of blur together in my mind lol)
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Callie Del Noire

Just be hard to play a hardass like John Constantine.. gets beat up by mundanes.. gets away with flipping off the First of the Fallen.

Cdizk

Sorry, for some reason,  I wasn't emailed that there were replies.

I'll wait till there are a few more people interested to get anything more concrete down, but was wondering if people thought a theme/existing storyline(like the brujeria storyline) should be applied to the role-play, or does everyone for example happen to meet at the pub?

Hit me up!

playfullchick76

The only vertigo comic that Im familiar with is Constantine, which was very, very good. But I am curious.

Cdizk

Yeah, I was thinking that dark, punk philosophical type of fantasy.... There are some pretty good characters/plots to choose from

playfullchick76

I enjoyed the dark humor in it, as i am a fan of dark humor in general, like the TV series dead like me.

Foxy DeVille

Have you read "Bite Club?" I think a game based on those minis could be fun.

Miroque

SANDMAN!! Woot!.. count me in..

Cdizk

Cool. There's a bit of interest out there!

Can I get some thoughts on how this will begin, ie. Make our own characters or use existing ones?
I've never started a rp before, so I could use some help!!

Cheers

JDrew Spider

Vertigo is pretty freaking cool.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Cdizk on June 05, 2011, 05:43:24 PM
Cool. There's a bit of interest out there!

Can I get some thoughts on how this will begin, ie. Make our own characters or use existing ones?
I've never started a rp before, so I could use some help!!

Cheers

What sort of setting were you thinking? Vertigo doesn't have one set time and place, Yorick Brown's future isn't the same as Spider Jerusalem's, for instance.

Cdizk

Was hoping people would vote, try out the whole democracy thing! Or at least port their preferences

Le Immortelle

Hm, maybe narrow it down to one universe where everyone is running around simultaneously at the same time? For example, you can have characters from Scalped, interacting with those from Lucifer while Spider Jerusalem time travels backwords. [If that makes any sense at all! lol]

Cdizk

Will need some shrooms to figure that out...

How's about limited to Hellblazer, Sandman, Lucifer Universe. That covers quite a bit...

Le Immortelle

Mhm, yeah. I agree with that..and offers plenty of colorful characters to choose from.

Cdizk

Quote from: Foxy Oni on June 05, 2011, 09:28:54 PM
What sort of setting were you thinking? Vertigo doesn't have one set time and place, Yorick Brown's future isn't the same as Spider Jerusalem's, for instance.

Unless you read Planetary...

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Cdizk on June 08, 2011, 06:31:00 AM
Unless you read Planetary...

That's Wildstorm... the late lamented Wildstorm... *sniff*

Ixy

Are you going freeform with this?  It might translate well to MnM or WoD?

Cdizk

You lost me at "Are". I'm a complete rp newbie!!

Le Immortelle

Freeform means writing as if you're telling a story and going with it's flow. And system based RP means to use some sort of system to decide the outcome of things and how the story would progress.

Cdizk

Quote from: Amazon on June 12, 2011, 01:50:09 PM
Freeform means writing as if you're telling a story and going with it's flow. And system based RP means to use some sort of system to decide the outcome of things and how the story would progress.
And MnM or WoD?

Le Immortelle

I guess MnM or WoD are the types of system which she was referring to. I've never done system based RP's myself, always prefer freeform..so I don't know.

playfullchick76

Im only really familiar with Constantine, thats the only one of the Vertigo ones that I know, it makes me unsure if I can play this.