The Broken Bottle (bar setting, war time/drama rp)

Started by OmegaJoe, May 24, 2009, 02:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegaJoe

In a time where wars are raged contantly and the line between good and evil is almost a complete blur what do you do? You have a damn drink and hope to god you can forget it all. Though I didnt... I never did. The things I've seen... make a grown man wanna weap in his grave. Well regardless if you need a place to hang your head and forget about a lot of problems, sh*t I dont know maybe even have a good time then come to my bar The Broken Bottle. Believe me...your in for a time.

OmegaJoe

The main propieter stepped out of his main office and gruffed as he slammed the door behind him. He was a 6'1 foot tall man in his mid 50's. He wore his still issued olive colored shirts and camo pants. He also wore massive steel toed jet black combat boots. His facial features were extremly rough and a few scars laddened his face. He had a white eye patch over his left eye but there were hints of intense scarring underneath it. He also wore leather gloves and several dogtags were strewn across his neck. As he walked out the back room he gazed upon his bar in all of its faded glory. There were a few bikers and gang members playing pool. One of tem was falling asleep on one of the stools and drool sopping from his mouth. A few flies buzzed around and the air was brown and thick of smoke. The sad blusey country tune that hung over the bar like a foreboding storm was pleasing... at least to him. He strolled over to the bar and poured himself his own drink. "...anothe fuc*king great day in paradise* he said in a harsh breath before taking a full swig of his whiskey.

OmegaJoe

Its was another shabby day and the main propriter again went trhough his routine of getting ready and he stepped out into the main lobby only to find no one present. "sh*t.... like a god damn ghost town" he said in little disbeleif. He then slinked behind the main counter and poured himself a shot of his famous whiskey.

Fireeyes

Hooves can be heard in the distance.  A cloud of dust being kicked up behind the two horses.  One occupied, one not.  The occupied horse's occupant was hard to make out.  Upon your initial view you can see cameo pants, and black boots, a smallish size as the horse was brought to a halt in front of the bar. 

The horses occupant slid off and tied up the horses, both of them.  Sure that they wouldn't be able to get away.  The entire torso all the way up and around the head and face was covered in a cape with scarf, and from the look of them, this rider had been through more than one sand storm.  The only characteristic you could make out was the clear sapphire eyes that shone through the only opening. 

The rider walked through the door and over to the bar where they reached up and unraveled the sand wrap.  Once it fell away, to accompany those sapphire blue eyes is a raven haired beauty.  Her pale toned skin complimented by her long raven hair which now fell to her waist.  "Something to drink.  Strong and now!" her voice held a somewhat commanding tone but her expression shone of one who had seen or done something they wanted to forget.  No matter how small her frame seemed it was apparent this woman was going to make sure she drank a mans worth.

OmegaJoe

The propierters ears perked up as he heard her stomp through. He grinned a little at the sigh of actually seeing a woman in his bar. He then straightnened himself out from his slump position and reached for some of the many assortments of liquor behind him. He then layed out three bottles of his strongest drinks. "Whatll be your poison maam?" he asked taking his hands. One was a near 90 proof whiskey. Another was a finally aged Vodka imported right from Moscow. And the last one was the ever famous 40 oz Jack Daniels.

Fireeyes

She eyed the drinks though picked it easily.  "Vodka, and after the first be ready to fill it again." She sat upon the stool.  Clearly troubled, the second horse and the right leg of her cameo pants had been covered in blood.  She glanced at the barkeep. "I might need a place for the night as well" she said solemnly.

OmegaJoe

He poured the glass while lighting a ciggerate and letting the glass fill. "Alright miss. Ill make you a little deal, you tell me why you need sleeping quarters for the night and you can help yourself to this bar" he asked ina ridid voice. As he spoke he then put the bottles away and scractched his bad eye.

Fireeyes

He asked her the wrong question at the wrong time.  She downed her glass and stood.  Her entire body a tense mess.  "I just watched my partner being torn limb for limb and tortured for information we didn't possess yet he decided on his freaking own to use the last of his strength to help me get free.  You tell me, why would I need to stop and rest after riding straight for 18 hours?" her posture and voice took on the defense, it was obvious she wasn't calmed down quite yet just trying to be.

OmegaJoe

He then took in all of what she said but then slammed his hand down on the table. "I ask because this is MY bar and you answer MY questions when you step in that door! And this is war! Get used to it. Try having most your family murered off because of lack of troops of one village because some a**hole commander wanted to launch a miserable offensive front that lead more willing soldiers to their death!" he yelld out clenching the table top then letting go. "you can stay here. Take what you need" he said just before grabbing her empty glass then refilling it.

Fireeyes

She folded her arms, tired.......sore and trying to drown what just happened.  "We were the only ones left in my group alive.  They wouldn't listen to me.  He was my brother and trying to save my ass when he should of been trying to save his.  Now I have to try and live through this damn war so his death wasn't in vain" She threw the drink back and pulled out some cash putting it on the counter not bothering to see how much she gave him knowing it would be more than enough.  "One more shot and just point me to a medical kit so I can get the bullets out of my back and side." She just glanced at him sideways. "I'll try not to give you no shit.  You try being a girl in a war though.  Tough crowd."

OmegaJoe

He slid the money back to her and waved, "you keep it, Said I pay for it and trust me..." he lifts up his left eye patch to reveal scarred skin that covered what used to be his eye "... I know what its like fight and give for this cause" he said in his still rigid voice. Though at a second hear over of it she could hear a tiny hint  of melancholy and sadness in the tone. "So what profession was a impressive little thing like you? Frontline tactics? demolition? special ops?" he asked while still cleaning the many piled glasses.

OneOfAKiind

Caroline stood in the distance, a frown on her pretty, porcelain face. She had walked for what seemed like days, and now sitting in front of her was just what she needed. "The Broken Bottle," She muttered to herself, tilting her head a bit to the side to sweep a strand of brown hair from her eyes. It was good enough for now.

Her clothes were  mostly clean except for some dust, and several drops of dried blood. She carried nothing in her hands, and she looked rather tired, but every step she took toward the bar was filled with determination. She was young, only in her early twenties, but she looked like everyone else around here did: haunted.

Caroline pushed open the door and looked around, seeing bikers and gang members around the pool tables, and the older man behind the counter speaking to a lovely young woman. She gulped a little, but walked in further and toward the counter, sliding into a stool near the two of them, eavesdropping innocently on their conversation.
and when you think of me years down the line, I hope you can't find one good thing to say

Fireeyes

She saluted him after he revealed his wound, "Special Ops Sir, Lt. Cassidy Freishan." She grimaced slightly and dropped her arm.  "Keep the money though, your going to need it for medical supplies.  I need to get the bullet out of my back right shoulder before the damage gets worse.  I tried to take my mishappen brother with me when they opened fire on me.  I hide it well."  She smirked "Thanks for the drinks though, might take the pain down some."

OmegaJoe

"Sergant Jacob McNillan... Death squad 2 platoon. Don't worry I can find many medical supplies one of my scouring expeditions. Mant treasures to be found on corpses..." he said in his low tone once more. He then pointed to the cross door got a little infimary over there if you can take out the bullet on your own... if you cant let me know and I can help... I have some knowledge in medical" He replied back. He then looked over to Caroline and walked over to her. "hey there got a poison I can get for ya?" he asked gruffly.

OneOfAKiind

Caroline watched them out of the corner of her eye for a moment and then looked away. She wanted to offer her medical expertise but she didn't want to be rude by letting them know she'd been listening. She sat there until the man came to her, and she offered him as nice of a smile as she could. "Whiskey, please, if you have it?" her voice was soft and kind, gazing upon him as if there was absolutely nothing wrong with him, as if the patch over his eye wasn't even there.

She glanced over her shoulder at the woman again, then at the man, "If she needs help, let her know that I can help her..." She said softly, turning her gaze to the counter in front of her, hoping he wouldn't get mad that she'd been listening.

A loud yell came from behind her and she jumped a bit and turned around, seeing two of the bikers starting to argue over the game they were playing.
and when you think of me years down the line, I hope you can't find one good thing to say

OmegaJoe

He then slammed his hand on the counter "HEY! You two knock it out or you a**es are out of here understand!?" he pointed his finger to both of them. He then looked back down to Caroline "Sure you can help, dont get to many people who are kind enough to offer anymore" he said with a very small half grin. He then poured her a whiskey glass and slid it to her "here ya go, drink up" he replied to her going back to cleaning glasses.

OneOfAKiind

Caroline jumped when he slammed his hand down in front of her, then smiled up at him. She liked that he kept control of his bar; so many people let their places go to hell during the war, but he kept a firm grip on it. It was nice to see.

She spun her fingers over the glass's edge and watched him cleaning the cups. "I'm Caroline," She said as she took a nice, big sip of the drink he had given her. Perfection. "What's your name?" she watched him, eyeing him thoughtfully, as if she was trying to read his soul or something. She waited to hear from the woman if she needed help, tapping her nails gently on the glass.

Fireeyes

Cassidy nodded.  "Thanks, Ill let you know." She walked over to the infirmary and pushed the door entering the room.  She knew she had a few more wounds than she let on about, she was actually wearing the extra pair of her clothing and beneath it was rough looking.  She glanced at the door then took her shirt off.  Beneath another tee was wrapped around her shoulder.  She pulled it off and grimaced taking a seat and laying the medical supplies out on the table next to her.  She saw where the bullet almost came out the front of her shoulder after going into the back and growled, if he only knew how much pain she was in.  She held a shirt in front of her and came out of the infirmary.  Grabbed a bottle of vodka and went back into the infirmary. 

There was a large gash on her right abdomen from where she caught shrapnel.  She poured some of the vodka on it then slammed the bottle on the table as she felt the pain from cleaning the damn wound.  She looked at her self, she was a damn pity for a special ops soldier.  She had a bullet coming from one side of her shoulder to another, a gash on her abdomen from shrapnel and if she were to pull her pants down there would be a deep laceration across her thigh that her brothers blood was covering.  The only marks that told of her being held in the enemy camp with her brother would be the fresh whip marks on her back.  This woman had been through hell and back but refused to let anyone worry about it due to her pride.  She had to get back out there and fight on.  Half way into stitching her abdomen though she passed out between the pain and half a bottle of vodka she had to drink just to pull the bullet out of her shoulder that was bleeding now.

OmegaJoe

He looked to Caroline and half grinned lightly. "Sergeant Jacob McNillan. Proprietor of this... hell hole" he said scoffing a little. He then looked over to the infirmary room and saw that Cassidy was already dressing her wound. "You work fast. Mustve been a hell of a solider" he said going back to his post keeping a intense sharp eye out on anyone who might cause trouble.

OneOfAKiind

Caroline followed his gaze, and watched the woman pass out from the pain, and immediately got to her feet, hurrying over. "Umm...Jacob? Looks like our little soldier needs us to finish her up..." She winced a bit as she looked at the woman's wounds, and she moved everything out of her way to start bandaging the woman. "God, she looks like she's been in the enemy camps..." she said, half to herself, half to Jacob if he was even listening.

Fireeyes

Cassidy's eyes widened while she was being bandaged and she sat straight up, her hand making a salute, "Special Operations, Lt. Cassidy Freishan, Badge number 41532845.  Night Assassins, suicide mission." She ranted off like she would if someone would ask her who sent her where she came from, what she was doing.  Her eyes drooped down again and she slumped forward. 

OneOfAKiind

Caroline pulled back in surprise when Cassidy sat up, saluting at her. She rocked back on her heels for a moment, listening to the words pouring out of the beautiful woman's mouth and she bit her lower lip thoughtfully. She had heard the name somewhere before. She had always assumed it was a man; there weren't that many female lieutenants these days.

When Cassidy drooped again, Caroline rushed forward again and caught her to keep her from falling over, and laid her back out as gently as possible, trying not to hurt her more than she already had been hurt. She knew that if anyone who wasn't on their side heard who Cassidy was, it would be bad news for all of them. "Jacob, can you shut the door for us?" She asked, not wanting anyone else to walk in on them as she worked quickly to bandage the woman, mending her wounds as best as she could.