Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

The craft suddenly ground to a half, jolting them slightly. "Everything alright Kat?" Hannah asked.

"Yeah," Kat replied. "But you guys are going to want to see this." Below them, in the midst of a huge cavern, was what looked like an immense stockpile of crystals, but when it moved it became clear it was a huge, winged creature. "So few people come down here that even most of High Command don't realise she's down here."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she goes to where Kat is with Jake.
She simply gazes in fascination at the beautiful winged creature.

" Wow, so lovely. Where did she come from? "
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"No-one knows," Kat replied. "When they built this underground base she was here, it took much negotiation to ensure she would allow us to be here without her attempting to burn this base to the ground, especially as she had a nest down here at the time."

Lady Temptress

" Ah, I see and what do you want us to do?"

Hannah questions while Jake investigates the winged creature.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Stay here," Kat replied. "I need to make sure the base is safe and that we weren't followed, and next to this girl is about as safe as it gets."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she Jake stay behind for a bit.

" Okay, be careful."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake sighed as he looked out the window at the huge creature. "I miss when this job was simple and we just had the occasional time-travelling prankster to contend with."

Lady Temptress

Hannah slips her arms around Jake and she nods.

" I miss us and our home."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"It's getting to the stage where I don't know what is the real timeline," Jen said, rubbing her forehead. "Whoever is responsible is very skilled at picking targets."

Lady Temptress

" So, what do we do? "

Hannah questions and shw remains beside Jake.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Kat's base will have the answer," Jen replied. "I don't understand the tech, but its records are stored in such a way they can't be altered by people messing with the timeline."

Lady Temptress

" Alright, what do we do next?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We find the one event which links all of this," Jen replied. "It likely won't be something big and obvious, ever heard of the butterfly effect?"

Lady Temptress

Hannah listens and then she nods her head to the question.

" Aye, yes I have."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Well...the real butterfly effect is about a hundred times worse," Jen said. "It can act like dominoes if you aren't careful, makes fixing it a nightmare at times."

Lady Temptress

" So, what are we supposed to do about this?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"There is one mistake all time travellers make," Jen replied. "Every alteration like this will leave a trail we can follow, all we need to do is trace it back to its source. Luckily Kat's base has a supercomputer designed for this exact job."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she listens intently.

" So, that's a good thing, then."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"It's also so protected it'll probably be here long after the human race becomes extinct," Jen said with a laugh.

Lady Temptress

Hannah chuckles along with Jen at that comment and she answered in return.

" That's probably true."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You guys can come down now," Kat said as her voice burst through static on the radio. "Just press the auto-pilot on the console, it'll pilot itself in easily."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she answered Kat.

" Ok, go for it Jake dear, I'll let you press the button."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake pressed the button, and after a short, rocky journey past their massive guardian they found themselves in an immense hangar. Scattered throughout it were planes, cars and other strange vehicles, Kat was stood chatting to a young man in an oil-covered shirt who was working on one of the vehicles.

Lady Temptress

Hannah simply followed Jake and she just watched for now.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Who's the guy then Kat?" Jen asked jokingly. "I thought I was your only love."

"Very funny," Kat said as the man stood up. "Guys, this is Mack, he's about the only person in the Agency who knows how to repair this stuff, largely cos his dad was the one who designed it all."