Dice bot for IRC

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, February 05, 2009, 12:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

A lot of system games, need a platform other then message board thread.  To run better in fluidity of game.   Like gathering around at a friends house and playing a table top game.   We have the perfect vehicle for such the IRC.    Perhaps two or three dedicated rooms.  To host various games.  With a Dice bot for ease of rolling and game play.   

Of course the rooms will be based on reservations.   A reservation thread can be put up.  For those wishing to run scenarios.  Like as example a d&d game where the encounter can be cut to the irc channel.  Ran with more fluidity.  Then jump back to being run in it's mb threads.   I know we have the dice roller.  But a separate dice bot for the irc rooms would make things easier for GM's and players. 

Vekseid

Pretty much anyone is free to script one... I think we have several actually >_>

Could just get one and post the code here.

Xillen

If people could use one, just contact me on IRC. I can set one up and explain to you how to have it join your own channel.

I don't think we need specific channel reservations. People can just set up their own channel and invite the bot to it.

If you're unsure about how to set up your private channel, just contact an IRC staff member (Xillen, Kazae, Trieste, Bliss, Vekseid).