No More Heroes (update: Need 2-3 more characters to start)

Started by BlackestKnight, August 01, 2013, 09:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

OOC Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=181549.msg8689205#msg8689205

Character Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=181831.0

In Character - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=182132.msg8723147#msg8723147

"WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH."

Thus is the motto that the world subscribes since High Fuhrer Azazel the Great came into power, effectively dissolving the Justice Guild with help from his elite taskforce of supervillain co-operatives, the OVER LORDS.  Upon conquesting the world, each member of the OVER LORDS was given territory of their choosing to govern the way they saw fit, becoming literal Overlords. To be a hero in this age is a crime punishable by death. So most people don't even bother.

Not to be mistaken for the popular nintendo game. This game follows the premise of what-if. What if the earth's previous defenders met a most untimely end and villains assumed control, splitting up the world the way they saw fit.

A world completely devoid of heroes, just villains and their victims. All bad, some even worse. You get to be a hero 99% of the time , this time is different.

The New 10 Commandments.

1. Thou shall not worship any gods besides Azazel.

2. Thou Shall make false Idols

3. Thou Shall not curse Azazel's name

4.Thou Shall Steal

5. Thou Shall Kill Indiscriminately...

6. Thou Shall Rape thy Neighbors Wife.

7. Thou shall Lie to further oneself

8.  Honour No One

9.  Always Covet

10. The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing

Unholy Crime Empire

High Fuhrer Azazel:

Overlord Leader : Black Stingray
              Overlord 1:
              Overlord 2:
              Overlord 3:
              Overlord 4:

S.T.R.I.K.E(Secret Co-Intel Group)
H.B.I.C -  Lea Ward

Elite Villains:(Dictators, Crime Bosses, Arms dealers, Super villains etc) Dante Gavino, Spencer Hutcherson, Shiro Mahoutsukai "White Wizard"

Major Villains:(bank robbers, gang bangers, professional crooks, b-villains) 

Minor Villains:(petty crooks, bully's, low-level offenders )

Character Skeleton.

Villain Identity:
Name:
Appearance:
Height: (optional)
Weight: (optional)
Day job:
Personality:
Skills set:
Equipment:
Alignment: (How would you describe your immorality?  Anti-Villain(Red Hood), Punch clock(Team Rocket), Lawful villain(Luthor), Neutral Villain(Norman Osbourne), Chaotic Villain(Joker) )
Notable Crimes:
Rank: What is your rank among criminals? (if you're interested in a position as an overlord, you can state so)
Home: Where do you reside? If you own a territory, state so.

• Adding a bunch of cliche superpowers to your character won't make your character "good". Even with a roleplay such as this. I won't accept an outright "bad" character, if I think your character is overpowered or uninteresting. then it's back to the drawing board. If anything I'd prefer if superpowers be kept to a logical minimum unless you have a very good reason for doing otherwise. Aside from a very select few, most villains are  somewhere between lex luthor and deathstroke in the range of power. A bunch of Darkseid's would throw off the balance that Azazel represents as a singular god-like being.

• I'm a fan of anime but let's face it, people use the same anime custom images over and over and it's one of my bigger pet peeves. If I see a 10-year old girl with pink hair with oversized eyes holding a teddy bear or A 15 year master swordsman then I know you're not taking this roleplay seriously enough. I wouldn't mind a Azuma Genkaku type character, but the tone of this roleplay is mature, dark and edgy. This is meant to be more like a Watch-men style roleplay. Leave that shounen-shoujo sh*t somewhere else preferably.

• This is a world of villains so logically there are other villains besides the Overlords and high fuhrer Azazel. The overlords and High fuhrer Azazel are just the most prominently known villains, sort of like the evil version of the justice league founders. You can be just about anything, common petty thief, serial rapist,  megalomaniac dictator, contract killer, whatever.

Vaulera

I would be interested in this some! I do love being evil.

LeSane

'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

BlackestKnight

I know this isn't going to earn me a bunch of fans but screw it, I made this game as a big fuck you to all the formulaic trendy super hero team roleplays I see people make again and again and the over-the-top dickriding I see from fans of the usual 10 as I like to call them. Nothing is safe, nothing is sacred as it should be. Dark & Edgy is here to stay.  Well you respect the Batman, well I respect Ra's Al Ghul.

TheBlackThrone

I'd be interested in an overlord position if the character I have in mind qualifies. I'll post him either tomorrow or this weekend.  :-) It'd be interesting to try something different than the usual games
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Cthonig

This looks very interesting.
Will you be doing this freeform or using a RPG system? If a RPG system, which system and what range of points?
Will we be working together for some reason and, if so, what might that reason be?

TheBlackThrone

Meh. Nvm. I am no longer interested. I have enough games.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Yukina

I might join. I think I have character in mind, though I'll have to think about it. It probably will a "fallen hero" type character who is currently somewhat of an anti-villain.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Cthonig on August 02, 2013, 12:04:18 AM
This looks very interesting.
Will you be doing this freeform or using a RPG system? If a RPG system, which system and what range of points?
Will we be working together for some reason and, if so, what might that reason be?

Entirely freeform. As far as I know overthrowing the justice guild  was the unifying cause,  but now that the villains have assumed control of the world , I imagine the greater evil cause may have changed somewhat to become something more self-inclined. Say if you were a catwoman type villain, you probably wouldn't observe the murder aspect but thievery might be something that interests you and so forth. Your cause would be unique to whatever you stand for as a villain.

Yukina

Villain Identity: Shiro Mahoutsukai (Basically "White Wizard")
Name: Miyoko Magus
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Maria
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Shiro Mahoutsukai

Day job: Owner and manager of a bookshop
Personality: In her civilian guise she appears more calm and generous to her customers, thought that is ruse. Through her experiences, she has become quite cynical, though she prefers "realist". The only reason she is an anti-villain by now is even though she is corrupted, that moral fiber from her old days still digs in, causing her to just a general "gremlin in the works" of several evil plans. While she doesn't go out of her way anymore, she still sees times where she must act. Though on particularly cynical days of her's, she isn't too discriminate of the plan she chooses to screw up.
Skills set: She has a computer science degree, making her decently killed in computers. Miyoko's magical abilities stem from her wizard rings and her White Wizard Driver by swiping rings across her belt. By using her change ring, her armor forms around her. She may then use her spell rings to create various magical effects. Miyoko also has a weapon in the form of the "Hamel Cane", a sword-like weapon which doubles as a flute. By playing melodies on her flute, she may create a magical melody to disrupt an attack, though it only particularly works on ranged attacks.
Equipment:
White Wizard Driver: Miyoko's belt which allows her to access her spells

Change Ring: Forms the Shiro Mahoutsukai armor over Miyoko

Driver On Ring: Change's Miyoko's red belt buckle into the White Wizard Driver

Barrier Ring: Creates a temporary magical barrier

Connect Ring: Creates a small portal to pull out her Hamel Cane

Explosion Ring: Causes a purple explosive orb to fire from Maria's free hand that that dissipates after 15-20 feet

Teleport Ring: Allows her to teleport, thought the mana used for the spell is proportionate to the distance traveled

Chain Ring: Binds the target's torso in white, magical chains

Hamel Cane

Alignment: Anti-Villain
Notable Crimes: Mass thievery, savotage, murder
Home: Osaka, Japan

(Would it be alright if I added a "bio/background" section to the app? It seems to lack a decent explanation of her fall to corruption without it.)

TheVillain

Ooo! A villain game! And I try not to be the normal dickery. :P

Villain Identity: Savage
Name: Tenius
Age: Unknown, claims to have been born in Ancient Greece
Sex: Male
Appearance: Now that someone can actually get a good look at him, it's easy to see that he's not human. He can cover it up pretty well with long pants and a hood or large hat as long as nobody looks too close but he stands out when he doesn't take those precautions. After all, Tenius is about 5'8" unless you count the horns.

Tenius is a Satyr, as in like from Greek Mythology. The basic form resembles a male of Mediterranean decent- but with some rather obvious differences. His legs look more like those of a goat complete with hooves, horns that start from his brow and curl around like a male goat, and a roughly foot long tail starting at the base of his spine- not to mention that something about his facial structure seems more primal then a normal human's should be though how exactly is hard to place.

Tenius's taste in clothing is exclusively toward natural fibers, claims to be seriously allergic to artificial fabrics in fact. Usually basic greens and browns on top of that- most write him off as a nature nut. When he needs to hide his inhuman aspects he goes for larger and baggier versions of his outfit.

Height: 5'8" if you don't count his horns, 6'4" if you do.

Day Job: Herbalist/Drug Dealer/Ecoterrorist - Tenius prefers to hide from civilization with his plants then actually hold an official job. Being a mythological creature this seems to fit.

Personality: The legends say that Satyr's a wild and lecherous beasts, fixated too the point of obsession with wine, women, and song- and not necessarily in that order. Well, there's a lot of truth to that in full honesty. It's not completely true but if Tenius is any indication Satyrs are of simple tastes and pleasures- somewhere between the sage of the forest and a hedonist. He prefers to think of it as being an expert in living in the moment.

Not a fan of modern life, claims to be allergic to many modern materials and fibers in fact. He likes being around big groups of people but pollution and plastics and all that- kind of puts him off. In the end though, he does hope mortals find some balance with nature- he's as much against what he views as Evil as any human if he looks at it from a different angle.

Though it should be noted that his sense of morality is based more on Ancient Greek sensibilities then modern ones. This leads to conflict. He thinks rape is just fine when its divine-on-mortal for example.

Skills set: Plants, Wilderness Survival, Magic
Equipment: His plants, a mortar and pestle, a bow and arrow.
Alignment: Savage/Barbarism
Notable Crimes: The creation of "Perfect Ten" - a supernaturaly potent strain of marijuana. The magical assassination of anti-environmental Senator Evens. The rape and eventual corruption of the then christain superheroine Starlight, along with several other women.

Rank: Major, finds Elite too open for his tastes and is willing to give up a level of power for a level of anonymity.

Home: Nomadic, mostly seen in Europe and mostly Greece.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Yugishogun on August 02, 2013, 09:20:56 AM
Villain Identity: Shiro Mahoutsukai (Basically "White Wizard")
Name: Miyoko Magus
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Maria

Shiro Mahoutsukai

Day job: Owner and manager of a bookshop
Personality: In her civilian guise she appears more calm and generous to her customers, thought that is ruse. Through her experiences, she has become quite cynical, though she prefers "realist". The only reason she is an anti-villain by now is even though she is corrupted, that moral fiber from her old days still digs in, causing her to just a general "gremlin in the works" of several evil plans. While she doesn't go out of her way anymore, she still sees times where she must act. Though on particularly cynical days of her's, she isn't too discriminate of the plan she chooses to screw up.
Skills set: She has a computer science degree, making her decently killed in computers. Miyoko's magical abilities stem from her wizard rings and her White Wizard Driver by swiping rings across her belt. By using her change ring, her armor forms around her. Regardless if her armor is active or not, she may then use her spell rings to create various magical effects. Miyoko also has a weapon in the form of the "Hamel Cane", a sword-like weapon which doubles as a flute. By playing melodies on her flute, she may create a magical melody to disrupt an attack.
Equipment:
White Wizard Driver: Miyoko's belt which allows her to access her spells

Change Ring: Forms the Shiro Mahoutsukai armor over Miyoko

Driver On Ring: Change's Miyoko's red belt buckle into the White Wizard Driver

Barrier Ring: Creates a temporary magical barrier

Connect Ring: Creates a small portal to pull out her Hamel Cane

Explosion Ring: Causes a purple explosive orb to fire from Maria's free hand

Teleport Ring: Allows her to teleport

Chain Ring: Binds the target's torso in white, magical chains

Hamel Cane

Alignment: Anti-Villain
Notable Crimes: Mass thievery, savotage, murder
Home: Osaka, Japan

(Would it be alright if I added a "bio/background" section to the app? It seems to lack a decent explanation of her fall to corruption without it.)

I'll allow her but some of her powers need to be scaled back, in particular the bolded. The ring stuff I don't mind, but there needs to be defined limitations and at least one weakness.

Quote Regardless if her armor is active or not, she may then use her spell rings to create various magical effects. Miyoko also has a weapon in the form of the "Hamel Cane", a sword-like weapon which doubles as a flute. By playing melodies on her flute, she may create a magical melody to disrupt an attack.

Yukina

I will work on that. One of her moan weak points is actually taking times to swap the rings on her fingers and the couple second lag for the spell to take effect after the ring is swiped. I will work on the bolded parts now.

Edit: Made a couple edits

TheVillain

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

FromShadowlands

I think I might be interested in this.

BlackestKnight

Villain Identity: Black Stingray
Name: Malcolm Murdoch
Appearance: Malcolm Murdoch has a closely shaven bald cropped head, dark brown skin and deep onyx colored eyes, high cheek bones, and army tattoos which span the length of his arms and upper back.
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 195 lbs
Day job: CEO of Murdoch Tech, the world's largest Arms Dealer. Presiding Over lord of the United States of Africa.

Personality: In progress
Skills set:

• Keen Intellect
  • Charismatic Leader
  • Expert Tactician
  • Vast Resources
  • Peak Athleticism
  • Multi-lingual
  • Navy Seal Training
  • Proficient Marksmen
  • Advanced hand-to-hand

Equipment: Superpowered armor suit, heavy artillery, explosives, melee blades, other devices.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Notable Crimes: Domestic Terrorism, Aiding of Subversive Groups, Illegal Arms Trading,  Anti-American Activities, High Treason, Assassination of prominent figures, Attempted overthrow of the U.S. government. International Pirating, Killing of Superheroes.
Home: The City province formerly known as Johannesburg.

Evil Tim

Ehhh...why not?  I'll jump in on a villain game.

Name: Dante Gavino

Appearance:

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 220 lbs

Day job: Technically unemployed.  Head of the Gavino Crime Family.

Personality: Despite being a reluctant entrant into The Business, Dante proved himself to be a natural Businessman.  During a stint in prison, he learned from the legendary Businessman, Donnie Brasco, and was armed with all the knowledge he needed to make it big in The Business.  He overthrew his original Boss and assumed the position himself.  He handsomely rewards loyalty, punishes mistakes based on the severity, and reserves the harshest punishment for actions that brings harm to his Family and threatens The Business.

Skills set: Learned to fight with his fists and knives while in prison, proficient with most guns, and knows almost everything about The Business due to the teaching of Donnie Brasco.

Equipment: His favorite gun, a pump-action shotgun he has named Mama.  He also wears body armor at all times.

Alignment: Neutral villain, his only real loyalty is to his Family.

Notable Crimes: Drug trafficking; ordering the assassination of judges, police officers, District Attorneys, and even the mayor; serial rapist; arson; grand theft auto; and terroristic threats

Rank: Elite Villain, head of one of the largest crime families in the city.

Home: Chicago, Illinois

Cthonig

Villain Identity: (none yet)
Name:  Spencer Hutcherson
Sex:  Male
Height:  5' 10"   (This is 2.5" taller than the actor Jesse Eisenberg whose image I am using.)
Weight:  average build
Day job:  CEO and CPD (chief product designer) for Wehrmacht Security
   Producers of Shieldwall, Glassteel, and Fearkills.
   Shieldwall – An application (usually as a liquid like paint) which can be applied to any surface. The material bonds on the atomic level with the surface rendering it roughly five to ten times stronger (depending upon the material). This will make flexible surfaces rigid and porous surfaces nonporous. Like normal paint, one can unintentionally 'paint' a window or door closed – unable to ever be opened. Completely covering a house can potentially prevent air flow causing the death of the inhabitants. Never apply to a person or animal.
   Glassteel – A clear material roughly eight times stronger than Plexiglas. While useful for preventing break-ins, it also prevents breaking out in case of fire or other emergency.
   Fearkills – A weapon for home use that can rarely be used by an intruder. It plugs into a standard wall socket and fires an electrical arc at the source of fear with a strength proportionate to the amount of fear. If the wielder is not afraid the weapon will not fire. (Which means most criminals won't be able to take it away from the home owner and use it.) There have been cases of extreme toasting where only a few small chunks of very burnt body parts have been left of an intruder. Weapon owners are warned not to let their children anywhere near this weapon as some tragic incidents have been reported. This weapon has also cut down on domestic violence.
   The Fearkills device somewhat resembles the hand-held portion of a Ghostbuster's proton pack. A perception only strengthened by the electrical arc which fries the person/object of fear. While not initially intentional, this similarity was only built upon by Spencer as a way to make owners more comfortable with using the device.
   Wehrmacht Security also offers a discreet body disposal service for a small fee – available to owners of the Fearkills weapon. The disposal people also offer info on psychological counseling services available to the weapon owner.
   The psychological counseling services offered by Wehrmacht Security are in part to assess people, especially the children, to see who can be recruited and educated to be part of a (future) army security force.
   Wehrmacht Security has been the leader in pushing for legislation (in the puppet governments still left) which absolves manufacturers of responsibility for any 'misuse' of a product; EULA for everyday products. While such legal precautions are probably unnecessary, if Azazel falls and 'order' is restored, he'd like to have his legal butt covered as well as possible.

Personality:  Brilliant, devious, cautious, only slightly charming, and occasionally disconcerting.
Skills set:  Inventor, very observant, takes precautions,
Equipment:  Whatever he needs when in his corporate development facilities.
   On him, only a personal gun and customized body armor (using Shieldwall making it very thin, light and extremely difficult to spot). The personal gun is a modified 9 mm Beretta with Wehrmacht's Palmreader 2.1 – a biometric palm print reader. Spencer has also painted small separate radial lines of Shieldwall on the bullets (only – not on the shell) but not on the tip which results in a "Black Talon" type bullet.
Alignment:  Perverse – superficially lawful but subtly delivering little packages of chaos and death.
Notable Crimes:  None that he talks about – yet. He does keep a private tally based on deaths caused by his products which is currently in the thousands counting petty criminals, home-owners, family members and neighbors. Pets not counted of course.
Rank:  Elite but currently unknown villain. (Unknown to most.)
Home:  western Chicago suburb  -  outside of nuclear blast radius.
History:  Bright but psychologically scarred, Spencer wanted superhuman abilities to better defend himself even before Azazel purged all the heroes. During the purge of superheroes, a stray shot went through the building he was in. When Spencer awoke, he was surprised as he thought he had been fried by the super powered beam. (He had but fortunately for him it was mystically based and it altered him instead of just killing him.) Afterwards most things about him were heightened: intelligence, perversity, homicidal intentions, and physical resilience (not that he knows about this one yet).
   After that Spencer quickly rose through the ranks at Wehrmacht Security as Azazel finished up the purge and consolidated his control. He enjoys producing products that make the lives of petty criminals difficult while simultaneously endangering the home-owners. Plus, a company selling home security products gives the average person hope that things could still get better – a delicious cruelty.

Said to someone in authority:
   "What? I'm not allowed to make a profit from my abilities? Besides, I thought you'd be pleased. Now the two-bit lame 'villains' who don't deserve even a second of your attention can be killed by a home-owner. Everyone who matters wins. The home-owner matters more than the lame nobody because the home owner is part of the masses that grease the wheels of society – sometimes with their sweat, sometimes with their blood."

Wehrmacht Security does offer corporate discounts - whether to official corporations or unofficial family-based 'corporations' (which tended to be charged under the RICO Act).

CurvyKitten

I am kind of interested in this one, just not sure which of my two ideas I want to expand on more lol

Vaulera

Ah, I still have some interest in this. Which roles do you need most filled, besides more female members. I can do any sort of villain, but I'm wondering if I should be a second in command for someone, or the right-hand henchman. I don't need to be the overlord, but I don't want to be a thug.

Neysha

I suppose I can think of something to play. Some mid-level generic supervillain type. :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Vaulera on August 03, 2013, 06:18:16 PM
Ah, I still have some interest in this. Which roles do you need most filled, besides more female members. I can do any sort of villain, but I'm wondering if I should be a second in command for someone, or the right-hand henchman. I don't need to be the overlord, but I don't want to be a thug.

Make the character and under rank specify your desired position and I'll be sure to make some sort of distinction in the opening post.

Yukina

I've been wondering. Is it proper to rank my character as an elite villain despite her anti-villain status?

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Neysha on August 03, 2013, 07:30:17 PM
I suppose I can think of something to play. Some mid-level generic supervillain type. :p
Great, all types are encouraged. I imagine a lot of former relatively unknown heroes probably switched sides the moment Azazel came into power, sort of like re-inventing themselves, just something to think about.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Yugishogun on August 03, 2013, 07:39:26 PM
I've been wondering. Is it proper to rank my character as an elite villain despite her anti-villain status?

This is a very good question, I think you would be better off as Major , it really depends on your perceived level of threat. Your character has obviously killed so before, so that puts her in the Major category by default. If you want to stretch it you can be elite due to your potential or some other unique qualifier.