Nothing like a brother's love (darkvamplips and Gwindolyn)

Started by Gwindolyn, July 05, 2010, 02:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwindolyn

He pushes open the door to the house.  His face is not the mask of amusement.  He tosses his backpack against the coat rack.  The long thin piece of wood with the sturdy base is not built for such abuse and rocks back and forth.  He barely notices.  Feet shuffling, Sebastion heads straight for the kitchen.  His mousy brown hair is short and spikey and his clothes are long and oversided.  He wore jeans, a short a long sleeve t-shirt of white and a button up shirt with blue vertical strips.   The collar is turned down, the buttons are undone, and the sleeves are rolled to the upper arm.  The long white cotton his arms are sleeved in left to lay loosely about the middle of his hands, covering his thumbs, but leaving his fingers accessable.
His lacksadaisical slumping leads him to the fridge where he pulls out the milk.  He checks the date on it, then pulls the spout open smelling for freshness.  The milk is ushered from his nose to his lips and Sebastion tips it back, taking a long drink from the carton.  For all the notice he takes of anything around him, he could be in an empty space with just a fridge that when he opened it held one container of milk.  Of course, in reality, he was in the kitchen of the house that he shared with his sister.  University is expensive.
I've become a truck driver.  This means my connection and time are not scheduled.  I cannot guarantee a post every night, and sometimes I can do multiple posts in a single time span.  For those of you who can handle time gaps between posts, I am welcoming new stories.  I want to write in the threads.  I want an audience for my writing and our story.

I am Gwindolyn            
Pressing Gwindolyn's buttons

darkvamplips

It had been a long few years after their sister's death and it seemed lately he had been more distant with her. She tried to help him but nothing seemed to be working and she was debating whether or not to call a counselor. Would that stir up another big fight? Now she was out of university and working so she could keep paying the bills so he could go to college. Right now she was upstairs putting clothes in the laundry doing some chores on her only day off this week. She did not want to be around her brother she wanted no fights tonight and she hoped he would not do anything to her. Her blond hair was tied back in a messy pony tail like she had not combed it today and her pink tank top fit snugly around her.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

Gwindolyn

Sebastion finishes his drink and puts the milk back in the fidge still opened.  He grabs a leftover chicken leg and heads upstairs his bedroom.  Along the way, the visage of his sister breaks through the fog.  With how very close they were all their life it is little wonder that she is one of the few things that can cut through the numbing fog and let the pain in.   The pain first appeared with the loss of their sister, so sudden and unexpected.  As things got worse and the anger seeped in, the numbness was a welcome nullifier.  He resented any that interruption to that welcome lack of feeling.  His sister was a well-spring of feeling.

He turns and sees her frumpy, chore day attire.  He sucks in a breath and says "can't you a least do your hair once in a while?  I get uglier just being associated with you."
I've become a truck driver.  This means my connection and time are not scheduled.  I cannot guarantee a post every night, and sometimes I can do multiple posts in a single time span.  For those of you who can handle time gaps between posts, I am welcoming new stories.  I want to write in the threads.  I want an audience for my writing and our story.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

'If you helped then maybe I would have time to get my hair done." She said walking past him going downstairs to clean up the dishes. It was true she had no time for herself with working and chores. Secretly she wished that her brother would be able to help her instead of always fighting with her and getting mad.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

He turned around.  His shirt billowing out behind him.  He runs a hand through his short hair.  "Hey!  Where are you going?  Is that any way to treat your brother?"  There was an angry sarcasm in his voice as he chased her down the steps.  He half skidded, half thundered down the stairs. His size eleven shoes never really did sit comfortably on those stairs.  He lands on the bottom step awkwardly and plops down.  He looks around for her.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

"For someone who doesn't treat me like they should uh yeah." She called back hearing all those thundering footsteps wishing he would just leave her alone. Soon the water was running and she started cleaning the dishes because he would not do it.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

Sebastion seemed almost oblivious to the fact that she was cleaning up.  He goes into a cupboard and pulls out a package of cookies.  He takes out two of them.  He leaves the package on the counter as he eats one.  A piece breaks off and falls to the floor.  A few crumbs land on his shirt.  He puts the cookies on the counter and goes to the sink.  He pulls the rag from her hand and begins to wipe at his bright white, long sleeve t-shirt. When he is done, he tosses the rag over her shoulder and into the water where it splashes up with a plop.  He grabs his cookies, leaving crumbs on the counter.  He shoves the bitten one in and says with his mouth full "Fine den, be dat way."  He stalks off to the living room. He flumps on the couch and turns on the TV.  He adjusts he long legs to fit on there with him.  He still wears his shoes.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

She watched him with the cookies and sighed that was it she could not take it anymore. "You know what I'm tired of looking after you. From now on you can clean yourself or it does not get cleaned up at all." He did not need a towel to clean up a few crumbs on his shirt and she storms off to her bedroom. It was going to be about her from now on.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

Sebastion only rolls his eyes as he has heard that line before.  She would be back out.  She would clean some more.  He would not.  That is life.  He grabs the remote and turns up the TV as if to prove to her he was not listening.  He shoves another cookie into his mouth, the whole cookie.  He chomps on it with his mouth open.  Little crumbs gather on the couch as he doesn't care.  He finishes his snack and watches more TV.  He falls asleep.  She may be able to figure that out as the program ends and some other show comes on, one he would not watch - Gilmore Girls, a chick show according to Sebastion.

As he sleeps images of before their sister's death played before him.  The three of them at the lake.  The three of them strolling the malls.  Him teasing them about the boys they were eyeing in the food court.  Them teasing him for almost falling up the down escalator watching some girl going up.  (Her skirt had been short.  It was well worth the view.  He would have done that again and again and again.)  As close as the three of them were, he was closer to her.  They were fraternal twins.  Kirsten and Sebastian born only minutes apart.  Kirsten was smarter, but Sebastion was the charmer.  They spent most of their waking time together.  They were just close.  Dayna came later.  She joined them to become the third musketeer or the third holy terror, depending on their mother's reaction.  Being only a few years younger, their age difference was not noticed.  They had enjoyed this closeness until Dayna's death.  That had changed everything.

As pictures of her death flash through his mind, he awakes with a start.  He is intent on another fight.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

It was true that she would come back out and clean up but not this time this would be different. When he fell asleep she went to lay down on the bed upstairs in the room they once shared. They had been so close that they hated being in separate rooms until the fights started and she hated being alone. Especially when they had nightmares one would comfort the other. A few tears slid down her cheeks as she nestled under the sheets and put her head on the pillow.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

He is in a mood to fight.  A way to block the true pain.  He listens and hears nothing.  He looks for her through the house.  He cannot find her in the usual places - the dishes, the laundry or the toilet.  So he goes to the stereo and turns on his music.  Not just slightly, he blares the music.  He lets the harsh sounds of Disturbed wash over him.  "Mistress" was always a fun song.  The music so loud, that windows shake in the walls.  He does some angry air guitar licks in the living room.  His left hand moving randomly along what he imagines the neck as his right hand almost as randomly strums and wammies where he imagines strings.  The work of making these sounds convulses his body through many odd positions through the living room, including on his knees with his shoulders touching the floor behind his toes.  His stomach is toned enough still that he is able to right himself to sitting on his knees and then with a sudden jump, he is standing upright on his feet.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

With a start she woke since the music was loud and it took her a few moments to realize what it was. Slowly she got up and locked her door so he would not come in and found some ear plugs. Her head hit the pillow and she was able to drown out most of the music and fall back asleep. Whenever she was stressed that's what happens she would always sleep. Of course her brother would have been in the other bed to watch her just in case she wanted to talk abut that was all in the past now.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

Sebastian finished playing air guitar with a desire for dinner.  He goes to the kitchen and starts moving things about.  He really can't cook.  He might get something on his shirt if he did.  He looks for leftovers.  He finds a dinner all packed up.  It was a decent container of Kirsten's spaghetti.  She was a decent cook, but he would never tell her that.  In the dinner, there was also a bit of dessert - the last piece of cheesecake.  A little dish on the side with some cherries in sauce.  There was a juice box.  Perfect.  He pulled it out and began to warm the spaghetti.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

Her stomach woke her up and then she got up not wanting to deal with him right now. Maybe they could get through a little time without fighting. Soon she unlocked the door and took out her earplugs then started heading down the stairs.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

the microwave dings as he hears footsteps round the kitchen.  He walks casually over to the silverware drawer and pulls out a fork.  It is as if it weren't obviously packed to be her lunch tomorrow.  He stirs the noodles in the sauce to let the heat move about.  He begins to take a taste. "mmmm" 

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

(Do you remember what the plan was)?

"That was supposed to be my lunch." She yelled turning around the corner and seeing that food that he made for himself. With all the chores she had no time to make food.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

Sebastion tosses the container on the counter.  He hadn't taken but a bite of it.  "Fine.  Whatever."  He goes into the fridge and pulls out some left over ham.  He grabs a knife and a cutting board.  He stands the ham on edge and holds it with his fingers and thumbs on the side.  He begins to cut.  The phone rings and he jumps.  It takes him a minute to realize why his finger suddenly stings.  Salt from the hand and the sharp blade entering his skin.  He yelps and the knife drops to the floor.  As does a bit of his blood.  Straight to his mouth and in goes the finger.  He jumps back from the counter and rocks to into a standing, half fetal position.  A stream of words best not repeated flows from his mouth around his finger. 

((yes, but had to get you out of bed with no earplugs in.))

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

(ok)

Suddenly the phone rang and when it did she went to pick it up but when she saw him and his sudden jolt she stopped. "Are you alright?" She asked suddenly worried over him somewhat and started moving towards him slowly hoping he would take her help. Whenever one was hurt the other would always be there to help him.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

He pulls his finger from his mouth and looks to her.  He holds his finger out.  All anger, pain and guards forgotten except the throbbing in his finger.  Sebastion offers Kirsten his finger to tend, letting a moment of who he use to be, who they use to be enwrapt them.  Sister and brother, there for each other in any need.  Always, being with only one felt like being with only half. 

The phone rang in the background, an insistent call back to the present.  How long could they enjoy the past?

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

Right now her brother was more important then a phone call they could call back. He was reaching out to her and it felt like it was a few years back. "Hold on I'll get a towel." She said the cut didn't look to bad no stitches but it was bleeding a bit. Quickly she got up and started to the washroom and after a few seconds she came back handed him the towel.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

For a moment, the present melted away.  Sebastian's eyes were filled with the brotherly love he actually has for Kirsten.  It is just buried under pain and denial.  In that moment, he also had gratitude in his eyes.  A clear picture of who he use to be.  A perfect moment of how it was before.  One hurt, the other healed and both were one.  The shock of the blade only lasts so long though and the present does come back regardless of what one does.  The clouds begin to roll back into Sebastian's eyes.  The fog of denial roiling back up.  The coldness seeped back to his heart.  He was alone and cut off from love once more.  True it was only his his heart and mind, but he didn't know how to fight it either.  "SHIT!"  was all he could say.  He pulled away from Kirsten and stormed from the room.  He left his mess as it was.  Including her heated up, but not eaten (save a bite) lunch for tomorrow.  Kirsten is left holding a bloodied towel and no more thank you than she had gathered from his eyes minutes before.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

When she handed him the towel she could see the look in his eyes she had not seen for a long time. It was love and not hatred anymore. Somehow she knew that wasn't going to last at least they had a special moment that there was no fighting. When he left she collapsed to the floor the tears running down her cheeks. The towel gripped in her hands. She did not know what had happened to him and wished she could help. It hurt that they shared that one moment of caring and she saw something that she had not seen in a long time.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

The next thing one could hear from the other room "yeah... I wanna order a pizza."  Finances were tight.  He didn't have that money unless he took it from one of the budgets.  Or from Kirsten.  There was anger and coldness in his voice, a steal that would not melt.    He looked down and saw blood on his white, long-sleeve t-shirt and while ordering the food he pauses "DAMN!" That was followed by another long string of curses.  "No.. no, not you..... yes, I still want that pizza.  The address is...."

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

She heard his voice and cursed herself there was no way they could afford pizza. "I'm not paying for it." The only way he could get at her money was if he came and took it from her. Her bank card was in her pocket.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

Sebastion put the pizza guy on hold and storms back into the kitchen to face Kirsten.  He puts out his hand stubbornly.  He wanted the pizza.  She hadn't denied him before, he expected her not to deny him now.  He was prepared to try and pull money or card from her pocket if she really pushed him.  He didn't think beyond that.  His eyes were cold black holes of demand as his hand held palm up in front of him.

His anger was not helped at all by the fresh blood on his new t-shirt.  Good thing it didn't hit his button up shirt that hung loosely about his body.  He did wonder how it was missed, but miracles happen all the time.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

When he put his hands out towards her she winced thinking he was going to hurt her. `If you want pizza you need to pay for it yourself and get yourself a job.` She was not about to give up her money that she worked so hard for. Also she did not have her card or money on her and it was in a hidden place. `Go tell him you want to cancel.`

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

Sebastion growls at her and steps at her insisting that she give him the card.  He can clearly see she will not.  She does not believe he will hurt her.  Perhaps due to how close they once were, but that was past.  She had to learn it quick.  He grew into a rage as he worked himself into a lather with thoughts like 'I hurt myself tonight and she's denying me?'  and 'some sister she is hording the money and the food like that.'  Of course the thoughts were off base, but he was too fogged over to know that. 

He raised a hand to her.  He curled that hand into a fist and drove it toward her face yelling "Give me the money, Bitch!"  His anger flashing in his eyes in fluid motion with his hand.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

She quickly moved out of the way and dodged the punch the tears came back to her face. Why would he hurt his own sister his own flesh and blood. "I'm calling the cops." She yelled and started heading toward the phone he was going to physically hurt her and that was not something she ever wanted.

(I have to go I'll be on tomorrow for a bit.  Thanks for continuing the story and not stopping :) )

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

He could see what he had just done to Kirsten.  It bothered Sebastian.  He grabs her car keys from the table, something he had never done before either.  He bolts for the door.  The door slams behind him as he thunders down the stairs.  His feet devouring the distance to the car as he fiddles with them to find the right one.  He gets the key just as he arrives at the door.  He opens the door and jumps in.  The roar of the engine is heard followed quickly by the squeal of tires.  He is away from her and from the house.  He is out of her sight and out of her range, driving like a the crazed madman he is.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

(When he wakes up from his coma which wont be for a while I was thinking she could be afraid of him. He would need to get her to trust him again)

By the time she tried to stop him she couldn't he was already gone and she did not call the cops. He would be back soon with her car and she knew it. Little did she know that was going to be the last time they would be able to talk for a while. She slumped down on the floor after leaning against the wall. Her tears came down her cheeks he would have never done this.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

He was too far from her for her to hear, but the tires squealed and the horns announced trouble on the highways.  Metal sang and lights flashed.  Sebastion saw the truck too late and now he sees only black.  The blackness folding around the edges of his consciousness little by little but with quite a bit of speed.  He watched the world go black like an old time black and white TV show.  The blackness claims him and he only knows the abyss of nothing for a good long time.  It is defined by moments of light and moments of thought, but there is only blackness to fill him.  Sebastion was in a place of nowhere.  A place of unbound sleep.  A coma.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

The sirens could be heard as police and ambulances came to the scene to try and get him to the hospital alive. The phone rang and she answered it thinking it was her brother but it was only a doctor. "No." She cried out then hung up the phone grabbed her jacket and started running down to the hospital which was only a few blocks away thank goodness.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

The darkness was a zone of no time, of no space.  One minute was a day was a week was a month.  There was just no boundary, no reference point in that space.  He would catch glimpses or sounds, but they were like the shadow seen out of the corner of one's eye and when one turns to see it, it is gone.  The possibilities teased him, but stayed aloof.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

(If you get bored then you can play as another character :) )

When she got in the hospital she spoke to receptionist about where his room was and they just pointed down the hallway that was it. Tears fell from her cheeks as she walked slowly toward the room where they told her he was.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

The orderly was in his room, moving him around.  The man checks to be sure all personal issues have their tube and bag properly attached and sealed.  The oxygen firmly in place and properly set.  IV's with nutrition and liquid to keep other functions alive.  They were done by the nurses earlier, but he checks to be certain nothing has been set askew in his daily tasks.  After all, sheets still need changing even if the body in it isn't moving or wetting itself.  He looks up as she enters the room and nods his head cordially.  He grabs his belongings and takes away the trash basket to be brought back by te next to visit his room.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

This seemed like this was all a dream and could not be real she did not even see the man in the room. How she got to his bedside she could not remember. There was already a chair beside his bed for his sister and she sat down on it slowly. "Sebastion..." She whispered knowing sometimes people in coma's can hear the outside world but she had no idea if he could or not. A tear slid down her face even though she was still mad and scared at him for almost hitting her about half an hour ago.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

The orderly left the room, giving the two privacy.  Sebastion lay there, unmoving and unreactive.  For all intensive purposes, he could have been asleep.  He was just there.  Not dead, but not alive.  She would see nothing from him but the forced breathing of the machine.

In his darkness, he hears a voice.  It is Kirsten calling him.  He spins around and yells for her.  Nothing.  The blackness is only blackness.  No reference point.  The sound is gone and no lights play with his consciousness.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

Slowly she put her hand on top of his arm then rubbed it gently with her thumb. She watched his chest go up and down with the help of the machine. Why did he go do something so stupid and almost gotten killed. His face was pale and that scared her he was usually looking like he was blushing.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

A nurse enters the room.  A large imposing lady who looks like she has worked in the hospital too many years and too many hours this day specifically.  "You family?"  She doesn't even bother with full sentences.  Her question demanding as if she would toss the young woman out on her ear in a breath if she reponded in any other way than 'yes, Ma'am.'  She peered over he glasses at the young woman, disregarding tears and distress, even the worst of enemies have feigned those well.  A folder in hand, that she glanced down to intermittenly.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

When someone came in she looked up surprised she wasn't expecting anyone. "Yes I am his twin sister." She got a sense that the nurse didn't care that her brother was almost dead. She looked into her eyes they were cold and she sighed.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

The nurse took care of adjusting a few things.  And then took his blood pressure.  She said no more to the young girl.  She seemed to have no empathy there.  She wrote her numbers down and then left the room.

Sebastian stayed in his darkness, lost and without direction or reference point.  No sound, touch or light reached him at this point.  He kept looking as random moments seemed to reach in to him.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

She watched the nurse do her thing and then she turned back towards her brother. A flash back hit her mind as she thought about when he tried to hit her in the kitchen and winced.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

The night crawls slowly on, Sebastian has no idea of time.  There is no time where he is.  The nurse comes in and asks Kirsten if she will be sleeping there in that chair or if she will be headed home.  A coma patient could wake up any second.  She doesn't add 'any second between now and death.'  Leaving how long a coma patient could be asleep weigh in the silence.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

"I will be sleeping here." She did not want to leave her brother alone and somehow knew that he knew she was there. Even though the image of him going to hit her was still fresh she still wanted to be there and he would do the same for her.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

The nurse just turns without a word and gets a pillow and a few blankets for Kirsten.  There is no offer of food or drink.  There is no mention of where the amenities are.  She fusses about Sebastion a bit.  She writes something on his chart and then leaves the room.  Lights never dim in a hospital.  Silence is never achieved. Privacy is a myth.  Comfort is not a consideration. 

Sebastion screams in the dark.  Screams in his abyss.  Nothing.  Not even the sound of his own voice.  He is alone and cut off.  Truly for the first time, he has no one.  He feels the blackness oppress him.  He runs around trying to find someone, something, anything.  He doesn't even know if he moves, only that there is silent blackness.  He begins to be truly afraid.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

Maybe she would be able to turn down the lights when she went to bed. She noted that she would have little to do with that nurse since she didn't seem very nice. Why didn't she just give into the pizza money and give him it. Sure she didn't have the money but her brother would be awake right now. She took one of the blankets and put it around her knees it was cold. Maybe later if she got hungry she would go looking for food. She put her hand back on his arm.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

the night dragged on.  The lights buzzed and hummed and stayed on. The hush of sleeping bodies in an echoed halway akin to comfortable noise of sleeping too close to the new furnace.  Nurses wandering in and out to check vitals or orderlies making sure his bag was empty and clear of blood.  Not once did a doctor enter the room.

The empty of the dark started to be known by Sebastian.  But the truth of it was yet to be felt.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

While it got late she got tired and she curled herself up into a ball and laid her head on a pillow. Two blankets were on top of her to try and keep her warm it was freezing. Her arm was not on his anymore and she tried to get some sleep knowing she would be stiff in the morning.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

Morning came and the nurses shuffled about as if no one were in the room.  Orderlies came and they discussed moving him to long term care and the needs of his bowels and so on as if alone.  Not one bothered the girl or sought to speak to her.  Most left, but a single nurse who was there tending to his needles and changing his IV bags.

Sebastian sank to his knees in the darkness, finally understanding in his soul that he was alone.  That no one was there to come save him.  That his sister could not do this leg of the journey for him.  The only one that could save Sebastian now was Sebastian.  He had no clue where to begin or which way to turn.  He lowered his head in defeat in the blackness. 

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

When they talked about his bowels she was a little grossed out but itneeded to be done. At least they could have asked how she was or something. Her stomach growled she needed food but did not want to leave invade he woke up. She didn't think he would for a while. Slowly she got up and headed toward the door to get something to eat.

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

The nurses came while she was out and cleaned up any trace of her there.  The blanket, the pillow, even a facial tissue.  Sterile.  The doctor came, but she was out.  He would come back later.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

Finally she found the cafeteria and no one helped her. She ordered something then sat down and started eating.

(if you get bored play a friend if you like)

My request thread:

Gwindolyn

The doctor comes into the cafeteria and stops a nurse.  She points to Kirsten.  He comes over to her and says "Are you Kirsten, sister of Sebastian?"  He is reading off his charts as he asks.  His long white coat crips and clean, his face fresh and clean shaven.  He obviously just got his day started.

I am Gwindolyn            

darkvamplips

Someone actually talked to her wow she thought to herself. "Yes I'm Kirsten." She said looking up to the doctor that came over and actually talked to her.

My request thread: