Savage Species (3.5 Gestalt)(currently closed)

Started by ulthakptah, April 15, 2014, 02:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicciKotor

What does naked jello wrestling have to do with naughty system based rp?
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kimera

Quote from: ulthakptah on April 16, 2014, 07:55:48 PM
Okay I say go with what savage species says, makes more sense anyway.

The template only works with medium and large corporeal animal, magical beast, or vermin. So Kraken won't work for the template as it is gargantuan. Also has 20 hit dice, so this is another problem. Giant octopus would work as it is a large creature, or a medium sized squid.

Nods...I was thinking of the giant octopus.

Only problem is its 8hd and I still have to take into account the HD of the humanoid creature...Or can I do it like a savage progression to first get the latest monstrous humanoid HD?

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kimera on April 17, 2014, 01:22:34 AM
Nods...I was thinking of the giant octopus.

Only problem is its 8hd and I still have to take into account the HD of the humanoid creature...Or can I do it like a savage progression to first get the latest monstrous humanoid HD?
A squid is a medium sized animal and only would take 3 HD. What humanoid creature are you using that needs HD?

Kimera

Quote from: ulthakptah on April 17, 2014, 01:32:12 AM
A squid is a medium sized animal and only would take 3 HD. What humanoid creature are you using that needs HD?

even if you take base human or elf, you have to count it as having 1 humanoid HD

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kimera on April 17, 2014, 01:35:17 AM
even if you take base human or elf, you have to count it as having 1 humanoid HD
Nah, you are fine. After all you will take 8 levels of a class with your animal hit dice, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Kimera

Cool, gonna work on a char sheet then

No magic items right?

Also...if we use 3/4th of the printed LA of a creature and tauric template is 2 in savage species....would that make it 1.5 in this game and so rounded down simple an LA of 1?

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kimera on April 17, 2014, 01:56:33 AM
Cool, gonna work on a char sheet then

No magic items right?

Also...if we use 3/4th of the printed LA of a creature and tauric template is 2 in savage species....would that make it 1.5 in this game and so rounded down simple an LA of 1?
Yes, no magic items.

and yes the level adjustment would go down to +1.

Kunoichi

Alright, I've got most of my character sheet done.  I just need to fill in the equipment and find a good image and I should be all set.

The Lady Persephone, of the Noble House of Morte

I'll edit in her goals and aspirations tomorrow, since it's extremely late and I need to get some sleep now. ^^;

Edit: And here we go.

The 'Lady' Persephone, of the so-called Noble House of Morte, is in fact nothing of the sort.  She's a Vampire Spawn and a Sorceress, as well as a liar, scoundrel, con artist and forger par excellence.  Why she was accepted into the honorable and noteworthy sisterhood of the Arcane Order is anyone's guess, but her overall goals are quite clear for anyone who has come to know her true face, rather than the refined front she puts up for the public.  She's an unabashed hedonist who wishes to amass wealth and power, and then to retire out to some quiet place in the countryside where she can enjoy the fruits of her efforts and live in the lap of luxury for the rest of her un-life.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 17, 2014, 04:41:39 AM
Alright, I've got most of my character sheet done.  I just need to fill in the equipment and find a good image and I should be all set.

Here is my humble submission for the noble cause;

I will proceed with my incubus.

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 16, 2014, 10:29:10 PM
I'm here to make sure that the meanie incubus doesn't hurt any proper ladies! Those girls are for my own personal pleasures!

I am fine passing the ladies to you if you lend your body for his personal pleasure ;).

Anyways, seeing that there are lots of gish's going about (fighter types x casters) and some pure fight builds (warshaper werewolves), I think I go with incubus bard. Bard spells has lots buffs and utility (and healing spells no less) and incubus can serve very well as party face thanks overwhelming charisma modifier.

Lockepick

So finished my sheet for my submission! I used myth-weavers, and used the 'Pathfinder' system, even though this is DnD -- since we're doing the Pathfinder skill combos. I figured it was easier to ignore CMD and other pathfinder stuff in favor of having an organized list of skills. I'm still playing with feats, but the main 'bulk' of it is all set.

Vivianne Ward
Vampire Warlock / Paladin of Tyranny (Camazotz)

Vague Backstory

Born as Sarah Whitmore, daughter of Lord Edward Whitmore. The Whitmores were wealthy enough to hold power even if they had no real obligations. Sarah was the heiress to inherit all the fortune, and she would have to do nothing to earn it. Her only task would be to marry somebody who had the smarts and skills to earn her even more money. She had never selected a suitor before a group of thugs kidnapped her from her home. The men demanded a hefty ransom from Sarah's father, who refused to pay in thoughts that it might encourage more kidnappers.

The thugs were apparently hired by a vampire lord, Eugene Thoreau. His greed turned to anger when Lord Whitmore refused to pay up. He killed Sarah on the front yard, while her father watched through the window; not even willing to open the door as his daughter begged. Thoreau took Sarah's corpse, buried her, and let her rise as his thrall. He came back to the Whitmore Estate again, master and slave tearing through the Estate and killing all of Whitmore's servants and guests. Sarah draining the life from innocent people right in front of her father's eyes.

Thoreau moved on, traveling with his new thrall. Moving from town to town for decades. The pair had raided a temple of Pelor at Thoreau's suggestion. While Sarah was draining the life from the high priest, she felt a surge from the blood. She felt her allegiance to Thoreau break, and in that very instant, she betrayed and killed Thoreau before he could even realize his hold was broken. Sarah attributed her strength to Camazotz, as a reward for striking down his enemies and reveling in the blood. She took what she could from the temple, changed her name to Vivianne Ward, and started out on her own -- her first act was to track down her aging Father and kill him.

OOC Notes: I'm perfectly happy to say the Whitmore line (and Estate) have long since been dissolved. Though I would also enjoy stumbling across and 'reclaiming' my place just as much. GM's call, of course -- I want to be clear that I'm not expecting to suddenly be showered in wealth/land because of my back story.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 17, 2014, 07:06:01 AM
I am fine passing the ladies to you if you lend your body for his personal pleasure ;).

It would be a trifle for such a lady as myself to defeat you in combat and tie you down to some chair. Then, as punishment for your wicked ways, you'll have to sit there and watch as I free all of your harem and have a lesbian orgy right in front of you. Maybe then you'll learn to respect ladies repent from your evil deeds.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Andi

Throwing my hat in here while I have the chance:

I have a red dragon in the works. Before there's protest, he is set up to have a human shape (the Alternate Form feat from Dragons of Eberron is great), and he's not actually a hatchling. Haven't completely written out the history and need to finish up the sheet.

ulthakptah

Well I suggest lighting a fire under it. Character sheets are coming in now, and I'm sure everyone doesn't want to keep waiting.

Thorne

Right. So, I'm still sorting stat blocks, but I have the basics.

Ansha Wulfhart, Afflicted Werewolf Lord
Classes (ECL9): Human Paragon 3, Direwolf 6 | Barbarian 9

Description, history (rough)

Don't take the images /too/ seriously - Ansha's not blonde, and she's not nearly that pale, either.

Ansha isn't used to spending a hell of a lot of time in human form. Most of the time, she is the wolf - a sleek black bitch standing a little over five feet tall at the shoulder. A white 'bib' going from under her chin to down just between her forelegs and the bony spikes of the dire wolf stand out in stark relief.
There's clear intelligence in her eyes, something that's confounded many a hunter in the past.

Human, she stands over six feet tall barefoot - and she's usually barefoot - lean and powerfully muscled. Scars stripe her dusky skin, none worse than the gnarled skin under her jaw. For all that, Ansha makes an attractive human. Thick black hair frames her face, falling into brown eyes that still have something of the wolf in them.
She rarely bothers with clothing, preferring a leather kilt and halter to restrictive windings of cloth. Some wear them well - she doesn't figure herself to be one of those.

The very /very/ few who've seen her really lose her temper describe the nine-foot-tall whirlwind of rage and steel as a nightmare best left to the depths of night.

When she was born, the tribe's seer predicted great things for her, and her parents shared a worried look. As she matured, she proved herself stronger, faster and smarter than her agemates - a natural leader, pratfalls, mistakes and all. The hunt, when she came of age at 16, was supposed to have been a mere formality. It was a bloody massacre, and the blood moon shone full and bright on the torn bodies of nine young warriors when it was over. The tenth, throat all but torn out, walked away on four legs.

Ansha doesn't really remember being bitten. The attack was a whirlwind of fangs and fur and terror, and much of the experience is now buried in the ever-present 'now' of the wolf's perception of time. She's not even sure how long she wandered, lost in the wolf-mind. When she did return to herself, the wolf remained, ever present in the back of her mind, source of an instinctive distrust of humans, human dens, and human settlements that has kept Ansha warily circling the outskirts of more than one while she dredges up enough human to pass.

Of late, she's making an effort to 'be human'. Mostly because she's not comfortable with the wolf's idea of what a suitable 'pack, mate and cubs' means. The wolf is of the opinion she's too picky.

Crunchy Rules!

--------------------
Statistics: Human (medium)
--------------------
Base Stats   Raging
Str 20 (+6)     Str 24 (+7)
Dex 14 (+4)     Dex 14 (+2)
Con 14 (+4)     Con 18 (+4)
Int 16 (+2)     Int 16 (+3)
Wis 14 (+2)     Wis 14 (+2)
Cha 12 (+1)     Cha 12 (+1)

Base Atk +10/+5

Feats Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Self-sufficient, Weapon Focus (greataxe), Track
Skills
   Acrobatics +14 (+18 jump)  Climb +18
   Control Shape   Disguise +3,
   Heal +3, Intimidate +13,
   Knowledge (dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (nature) +15,
   Perception +13, Sense Motive +10,
   Survival +15, Swim +18

Languages Common, Dwarven, Orc
SQ fast movement
Other Gear masterwork studded leather, masterwork greataxe

--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft.
Melee masterwork greataxe +17/+12 (1d12+7/×3)
Raging: +19/+14 (1d12+7/x3)
Special Attacks rage (7 rounds/day)
Grapple +15 (+17)

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 17 (15), touch 12, flat-footed 17 (15) (+3 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 92 (10d12+20)
Fort +9, Ref +5 (+3 bonus vs. traps), Will +4
Defensive Abilities improved uncanny dodge, trap sense +3; DR 2/—

--------------------
Statistics: Hybrid (large)
--------------------
Base Stats   Raging
Str 22 (+6)     Str 26 (+8)
Dex 18 (+4)     Dex 18 (+4)
Con 18 (+4)     Con 22 (+6)

Base Atk +10/+5;

--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft.
Melee masterwork greataxe +18/+13 (1d12+9/×3)
Raging: +20/+15 (1d12+12)
Special Attacks rage (7 rounds/day)
Grapple +16 (+18)

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21 (19), touch 14 (12), flat-footed 21 (19) (+3 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 92 (112 raging)
Fort +11, Ref +7 (+3 bonus vs. traps), Will +13
Defensive Abilities DR 2/—, 5/silver

--------------------
Statistics: Dire wolf (Large)
--------------------

Base Stats   Raging
Str 22 (+6)     Str 26 (+8)
Dex 18 (+4)     Dex 18 (+4)
Con 18 (+4)     Con 22 (+6)

Base Atk +10/+5;

--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 60 ft.
Melee Bite +16 1d8+6 (Raging: +18, 1d8 +8)
Special Attacks rage (7 rounds/day), Trip
Grapple +16 (+18)

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21 (19), touch 14 (12), flat-footed 21 (19) (+3 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 92 (112 raging)
Fort +11 (13), Ref +11 (11) (+3 bonus vs. traps), Will +9 (15)

Defensive Abilities DR [/b]2/—, 5/silver
Feats Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Self-sufficient, Weapon Focus (greataxe), Track

Skills
   Acrobatics +14 (+18 jump), Climb +18,
   Disguise +3, Heal +3, Intimidate +13,
   Knowledge (dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (nature) +14,
   Perception +13, Sense Motive +10,
   Survival +15, Swim +18

Languages Common, Dwarven, Orc
SQ fast movement
Other Gear masterwork studded leather, masterwork greataxe

--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Racial (Human Paragon):
+2 Intelligence.
Base speed: 30
Bonus Feat

Template (Lycanthrope, Werewolf Lord):
Attribute+2 Wisdom
Alternate Form (Su) A lycanthrope can assume the form of a specific animal (Dire Wolf), though your gear is not effected, you do not regain hit points for changing form, and you may only assume wolf form. You can also assume a special hybrid form with prehensile hands and animalistic features (Wolves got thumbs!)
Damage Reduction (Ex) In animal or hybrid form you have DR 5/Silver.
Lycanthropic Empathy (Ex) In any form, you can communicate and empathize with normal or dire wolves. This gives you a +4 Racial bonus on checks when influencing the animal's attitude, and allows the communication of simple concepts and (if the animal is friendly) commands, such as 'friend', 'foe', 'flee' and 'attack'.
Scent (Ex) You have the scent ability in any form.
Feat You gain Iron Will as a bonus feat.
Trip (Ex) While in animal form, if you hit with a bite attack, you can attempt to trip the opponent (+5 check modifier) as a free action wihtout making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip you.
Skills While in hybrid or wolf form, you gain a +4 racial bonus to survival checks when tracking by scent.

Class (Barbarian):

Armor Proficiency Proficient with Light and Medium armor and all shields except Tower.
Weapon Proficiency Proficient with all simple and martial weapons.
Fast Movement +10 to speed when in medium or lighter armor and not carrying a heavy load.
Rage Can fly into a screaming frenzy once per encounter, up to 3 times a day. This grants +4 to Constitution and Strength, +18 hit points and a +2 Morale bonus to Will saves, but gives a -2 penalty to AC. Cannot use any skills that require patience or concentration while enraged. Rage lasts up to 7 rounds.
(Improved) Uncanny Dodge (Lv >=14) (Ex) Retain DEX bonus to AC when flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. You cannot be flanked unless the attacker is Level 14+.
Trap Sense (Ex): +3 to reflex saves and AC verses traps
DR (Ex): 2/-

Power Attack -3/+6 Trade Attack bonus for damage (Up to base attack bonus)
Cleave Extra melee attack after dropping target
Great Cleave No limit to cleave attacks each round
Self Sufficient +2 on heal/Survival checks
Track Can use Survival to track
Weapon Focus (Great Axe) +1 bonus to attack rolls with selected weapon.

ETA: Tweaking The Things! Still a werewolf, no worries...
... and I just remembered that Large critters throw all the things out of whack. I'll look /that/ up ... in the morning. If I have time before table top.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Zaer Darkwail

I warmly recommend warshaper PrC Thorne, you automatically qualify for it. At least one level for crit immunity is nice and able conjure your natural attacks even while human form :P. Second level for solid constant +4 Str and Con in all forms (extends 2 more rounds for barbarian rage and stacks with it).

But not really pushing it either, just a warm recommendation build wise if you want to be deadly combat monster.

Anon315

Conleth, Centaur Blademaster
Centaur 4 / Psychic Warrior 5 // Warblade 9

Information
Personality: Conleth is a rather stoic individual, of few words and clear intent. He doesn't tend to tolerate laziness or lies. That being said, he does have a slightly softer side. He enjoys watching professional combat and hearing bawdy songs, anything he can attend without getting harassed.

Background: Conleth's father was a warband leader for the local centaurs. An unusually aggressive tribe, for their kind, it was no wonder when they had to be stopped. In one such raid, the war party was decimated and Conleth taken prisoner. It wasn't much of an imposition, they put him to work at the bellows of their castle's forge, somewhere that his sheer strength would come in handy and that they could keep him reasonably restrained. After a year of such, he asked if he could learn to make weaponry. At first it was in secret, he would smelt the ore. Then eventually they made an apron for him and put him to work on blades. It didn't take long before he was smithing some of the finest steel in the kingdom. He would not get any credit for it, of course, as they couldn't admit a prisoner was being armed. What they could do was ask for a pardon, and it happened that he was spared for service to the crown.

So it was that he started his own smithy, working his own forge and selling blades to the public at large. For the last few years it has been all he could do to keep the shop in business, there are those who don't take particularly kindly to a horse-man taking the jobs of good honest humans. He trains the local militia in his offtime, and has become widely acclaimed as both a purveyor of fine blades and a combatant of utmost skill. This keeps the citizenry wary, as they no longer know if they could stop him if they had to... many of them are of the opinion he should never have been released and should just have been executed. Conleth wants nothing more than to perfect his craft and his art, but it may be that he has to flee with nothing more than the blade at his side and the barding he commissioned in an exchange.

Thorne

I'm still considering Warshaper, Zaer - I'll be running down the writeup so I can make an educated decision.
But I'm not going to make more work for myself right now by adding in a third class. As it /is/, the math is breaking my head. o.O

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Thorne on April 17, 2014, 07:10:18 PM
I'm still considering Warshaper, Zaer - I'll be running down the writeup so I can make an educated decision.
But I'm not going to make more work for myself right now by adding in a third class. As it /is/, the math is breaking my head. o.O

Understandable if math breaks your head :P. It's not biggie to add it but nor big deal if you pick it now during level ups.

Thorne

... I may just add that on, if this goes far enough that she gains a level. That is some straight-up /nasty/, right there. I like it!
And to some extent, it fits Ansha.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Zaer Darkwail

Your welcome :). Anyways do we use common rule that you double also feats gained with HD in each side of gestalt? Would make sense as example you may spend feats from fighter side for fighter stuff and from monster side on feats which improve monster features (like improved natural attack). Or if got sorcerer in other side, spend it on metamagic stuff or other caster feats every first, third, sixth etc level.

ulthakptah

Feats for levels are same as always. One feat on levels that give feats.

Andi

Piratharaxalar, Red Dragon

Dragon 7 / Sorcerer 7

Piratharaxalar is new to dragon life - he was born Epiros to a serving wench, his father unknown. During his life as a human, his humble origins (and the stigma of bastardcy) caused him to develop a covetous streak, a rather cynical outlook on life, and a generally uncharitable attitude towards his fellow man. He was apprenticed to a wizard (who later died under suspicious circumstances, leaving his tower and library to Epiros), and spent most of his life studying the intricacies of magic and how it interacted with the physical world. Disaster struck later, when he acquired a red dragon egg and attempted to hatch it himself and bond the hatchling as his familiar. To this day, it is unknown whether the draconic parent intervened or the magic simply went wrong, but that night, Epiros' tower was destroyed in a major explosion, the only survivor being said dragon hatchling... who had somehow acquired a lot of the wizard's personality traits, outlook, and even the ability to take a human shape reminiscent of the late caster.

As a dragon, Piratharaxalar is unremarkable - he looks to be recently hatched, no more than a year or so old, without scars or injuries marring his scales. His body is the size of a pony, with a long neck, facial horns in all the right places, wide wings and a prominent neck frill. As a human, he appears like a younger, considerably fitter Epiros, a man in his mid-twenties, with fiery red hair, a handsome face, heavily muscled and exuding a charm both feral and practiced.

(( Note: I intend for Piratharaxalar to age by XP, rather than age, for the foreseeable future. If this game in fact does last that long and rises that high, he will cease taking Dragon hit dice and gain those by age, at Adult stage, 22HD, when the maturity of his body and soul match. ))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name  : Piratharaxalar      | Race  : Red Dragon        | Height:
Player: Andi                | Gender: Male              | Weight:
Update:                     | Age   : 35 (personality)  | Eyes  : brown
Align : NE                  | Size  : M                 | Hair  : red
Deity :                     | Speed : 30' / 200' (fly)  | Hand  : right
       Ability    |   Temporary   | Class                 Level
     Score   Mod  |  Score   Mod  |Dragon        7
STR   18     +4   |               |Sorcerer        7
DEX   10          |               |
CON   16     +3   |               |
INT   16     +3   |               |
WIS   14     +2   |               |XP  :                  Char Level: 7
CHA   18     +4   |               |Need:                  ECL       : 10
        Total   Current   Subdual |         Total   Dex   Misc
HP    :                           | Init  :  +4   =     +4
        Total         Armour   Shield   Dex   Size   Natural   Defl   Misc
AC    :   16  =     +        +        +     +      +   6     +      +
        Total   Base   Str   Size |         Total   Base   Dex   Size
Melee :   +11 =   +7 +4    +      | Range :   +7  =  +7  +     +
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAVES      Key                    Ability
         Ability   Bonus     Base   Mod   Magic   Misc
Fort  :    Con       +8    =  +5  + 3   +       +
Ref   :    Dex       +5    =  +5  + 0   +       +
Will  :    Wis       +7    =  +5  + 2   +       +
RACE/CLASS ABILITIES & FEATS                                GAINED
Blindsense 60'                      Dragon 1
Keen Senses x4 shadowy, x2 normal / Darkvision 120'       Dragon 1
Immunity Fire                      Dragon 1
Vulnerability Cold                   Dragon 1
Breath Weapon, 30' Cone, Fire, 2d10             Dragon 1
Eschew Materials                   Char 1
Improved Initiative                   Char 4
Alternate Form                      Char 7

LANGUAGES
Draconic
Common
Elven
Infernal
Ignan

SKILLS                    Max Ranks (3 + Level):     CC Max Ranks (/2):

Key    Skill Ability                    Misc
CC TRAINED               Ability   Mod    Mod     Ranks    Synergy  Mod
   Appraise         Int      +13 =  +3        7       +0      +3
   Bluff                   Cha     +14 =  +4        7       +0      +3
   Concentration           Con     +13 =  +3        7       +0      +3
   Diplomacy               Cha     +14 =  +4        7       +0      +3
   Intimidate         Cha      +14 =  +4       7       +0       +3
   Knowledge: Arcane       Int     +13 =  +3        7       +0      +3
   Perception              Wis     +12 =  +2        7       +0      +3
   Spellcraft              Int     +13 =  +3        7       +0      +3
   Sense Motive            Wis     +12 =  +2        7       +0      +3

(Above is an example of skill layout CC denotes Cross Class skills.)
WEAPON          TAB     DAM     CRIT     RNG   WGHT  SIZE  TYPE  PROPERTIES
Bite      +11   1d8+4   x2            M    P/B/S
Claw x2      +6   1d6+2   x2            M      P/S
Wing x2         +6      1d4+2   x2            M    B

TOTAL WEIGHT:        LB

Sorcerer SPELLS (LEVEL)

LEVEL     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
Known:    7  5  3  2  -  -  -  -  -  -
Per Day:  6  7  7  5  0  0  0  0  0  0

SPELL BOOK

LEVEL 0 (DC: 14)
Acid Splash
Arcane Mark
Detect Magic
Disrupt Undead
Mage Hand
Open/Close
Ray of Frost

LEVEL 1 (DC: 15)
Alarm
Identify
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Shield

LEVEL 2 (DC: 16)
Acid Arrow
Darkness
Mirror Image

LEVEL 3 (DC: 17)
Dispel Magic
Stinking Cloud

Piratharaxalar currently has no lair or hoard; in his human guise, he currently only owns a set
of clothes.

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my incubus bard (I traded suggestion ability gained as bard for song of the heart with Eberron rules);

Laryon Firesong
Background
Laryon Firesong was born like all demons do from abyssal spawning pits, the deepest layers where all new demons are born. It's speculated was it abyssal design or some unintended error in making of succubus to create male succubus? Called incubus this case? Well, who ever knows what abyss will is eventually, as either case Laryon was born and that's that for that part of the story.

Laryon spend his time in abyss same way how his regular succubi do, but considering majority of demons were male and thus succubi sisters had easier time to manipulate and seduce them than Laryon does. So this as default made him a outcaste as prospect of seducing the few female demon species were not so good (if not count purposeless frolicking with fellow succubi).

So Laryon turned more towards brilliance of personality and mind more deeply and he early on figured a way to excel in abyss; through skill than his good looks and social graces. But he wanted to do so in safer environment so he traveled to prime material plane and then successfully seducing a venerable female elf bard to become mentor to cute orange haired youth who grew into handsome man under her tutelage....and rewarded her with sweet blissful death (a last sweet run for old woman who had got no lovers since sweet 300th summer) once he had learned all basics what he could do from her.

Since then he has traveled prime material plane and harnessing his bardic craft and hoping achieve greatness well enough that even male demons will recognize his company compared to succubi which all truth honestly just spread their legs for demons where as skilled bard can provide much more entertainment than simple pleasures of flesh. Not that Laryon is no less lustful than his succubi sisters but he is far more selective about his prey and considers having more talent than average succubi in general.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 17, 2014, 09:37:29 PM
Here comes my incubus bard (I traded suggestion ability gained as bard for song of the heart with Eberron rules);

Laryon Firesong
Background
Laryon Firesong was born like all demons do from abyssal spawning pits, the deepest layers where all new demons are born. It's speculated was it abyssal design or some unintended error in making of succubus to create male succubus? Called incubus this case? Well, who ever knows what abyss will is eventually, as either case Laryon was born and that's that for that part of the story.

Laryon spend his time in abyss same way how his regular succubi do, but considering majority of demons were male and thus succubi sisters had easier time to manipulate and seduce them than Laryon does. So this as default made him a outcaste as prospect of seducing the few female demon species were not so good (if not count purposeless frolicking with fellow succubi).

So Laryon turned more towards brilliance of personality and mind more deeply and he early on figured a way to excel in abyss; through skill than his good looks and social graces. But he wanted to do so in safer environment so he traveled to prime material plane and then successfully seducing a venerable female elf bard to become mentor to cute orange haired youth who grew into handsome man under her tutelage....and rewarded her with sweet blissful death (a last sweet run for old woman who had got no lovers since sweet 300th summer) once he had learned all basics what he could do from her.

Since then he has traveled prime material plane and harnessing his bardic craft and hoping achieve greatness well enough that even male demons will recognize his company compared to succubi which all truth honestly just spread their legs for demons where as skilled bard can provide much more entertainment than simple pleasures of flesh. Not that Laryon is no less lustful than his succubi sisters but he is far more selective about his prey and considers having more talent than average succubi in general.

So the big ole meanie incubus finally shows his face! I am keeping an eye on you mister, all of those delicious mortal girls are for my amusement!

Thorne

... I find I object to that comment. Rather strongly, so I do hope you're kidding.  >:(

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies