Gladiator's Midievil Fantasy RP!

Started by Gladiator0161, March 06, 2013, 12:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Morgan Freeman. Gotta love that guy xD

To answer your question Kingmaster1, I think it'll be ok spending one more post in the Hearth. :)

It'll give those still working on their profiles time to finish, or atleast do a little more, and... I love a good bar scene, lol.

kingmaster1

alright, just wondering if you had something planned for her, if not she'll probably break into the college or something :P

Gladiator0161

Nope, not really. You made her so, I figured you would know how to best get her in on this upcoming mission, haha.

kingmaster1

well, at first I was thinking you would do something with the guys in the inn but I guess I'll just have her head to the college soon, maybe scale the wall or something.

Gladiator0161

Yeah, I will in a bit. Wanna give others the chance to reply again before I post again, lol. xD

kingmaster1

okay, just don't want to post again and god mode by accident or something :P

I did control that waitress a bit but...that's for fun ;)

Vengurd

EvilmegaCookie.

When you describe your character, you make me think of Armstrong from FMA. The 'bookish' look associated with glasses is actually a near modern image, and if you look around, you'll see a number of people who have made wearing glasses into such an impressive image. Before you go any further, I don't mean the shades either. Just my five million dollars worth.

Greek mythology would be interesting, but Nords are more based on Vikings, less on greeks. Tall, strong, rugged and stubborn, built an empire that lasted for generations (Tsars anyone?), left relics and monuments in so many places (york was originally viking). A lot of modern day practices are actually influenced by the vikings of old. They were just that good and took all the good looking women back with them. ;)

Something has come up for me; On the last day of March my cousin was shot, on the first of April they pulled the plug. No, this is not an April fools gag, joking about a loss in the family is not something I would do. That said, I'm a bit shaken up. I knew him pretty well and the way it happened is just...well, I wont say crime is non-existent here, but that sort of crime is practically unheard of in these parts, yeah, we hear about it from places far away, but to have this sort of thing happen on our very door step? Well...I wont go into detail, I'm still trying to put it all into place in my head- so far I haven't made much progress.

Gladiator0161

As far as the Nord origins, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know Vengurd, haha. :P You'd be surprised at how many Viking tales and legends have greek influences though, take Beowulf for example, they call them demons and beasts but, I believe one of those demons looks like Medusa from greek mythology. I could be mistaken though, as it's been awhile since I've seen the movie.

I'm sorry about your cousin Vengurd, it's appalling what happened to him. Take as much time as you need, ok? Me and Asher both lost someone close to us recently too so, we understand. As always if you need to talk, don't hesitate to contact me on here or Skype :)

Muse

Thanks for the invitation, Galdiator, but the setting really is just too outside of my experience.  Please drop me a line again sometime.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Gladiator0161

Will do Muse, good to hear from you again :)

Asher17

Quote from: Vengurd on April 02, 2013, 03:32:23 AM

Something has come up for me; On the last day of March my cousin was shot, on the first of April they pulled the plug. No, this is not an April fools gag, joking about a loss in the family is not something I would do. That said, I'm a bit shaken up. I knew him pretty well and the way it happened is just...well, I wont say crime is non-existent here, but that sort of crime is practically unheard of in these parts, yeah, we hear about it from places far away, but to have this sort of thing happen on our very door step? Well...I wont go into detail, I'm still trying to put it all into place in my head- so far I haven't made much progress.

That's horrible news Vengurd, I'm really sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family. ~

EvilMegaCookie

Would it be possible for me to post without completely finishing the history? I am thinking of adding things to the history as I play....wait, am I still able to join in the RP? Seeing as you guys have quite the headstart.

Vengurd

Hey all. Nearly finished with my character, I just have one question; should they be male or female? I can play either one and usually how I build the character would drive me to one gender or the other but I seem to have built this one in a more generalized way (for me) than usual so what I have can fit in either way quite easily. My question is, which should it be?

I may also include several npc type characters to my character.

Asher17

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on April 04, 2013, 06:28:07 PM
Would it be possible for me to post without completely finishing the history? I am thinking of adding things to the history as I play....wait, am I still able to join in the RP? Seeing as you guys have quite the headstart.

Yeah man all that's fine, go ahead and jump in.  C:)

Quote from: Vengurd on April 04, 2013, 07:06:02 PM
Hey all. Nearly finished with my character, I just have one question; should they be male or female? I can play either one and usually how I build the character would drive me to one gender or the other but I seem to have built this one in a more generalized way (for me) than usual so what I have can fit in either way quite easily. My question is, which should it be?

I may also include several npc type characters to my character.

Umm, personally I write both so there's really no preference there. However, I think we've got a
mostly male group, so if you wanted to help the balance there I guess you could do that. o: We
going with a mercenary angle with your dude?

I guess we could've fleshed out how/why everybody gets involved, since not everyone is coming
on behalf of the Guilds. Whoops. xD So, if everyone could go ahead and post here in this thread
why/how your character will be joining this l'il venture we got goin' here, that should help us all
stay on the same page. ~

About the NPCs you mentioned, they would be temporary right? I don't think having them around
would be a problem, unless you're talking about having them along for the whole journey. We'll
see what Gladiator says, but I think it'd be better if everyone just does one character. I know
I'm doing two currently, but only one is actually joining the quest. And the list of characters Glad
laid out is for the purpose of bringing them out one by one throughout the story as NPCs.

Gladiator0161

Yes Cookie, please go ahead and join in the rp. :)

Good idea Asher, lol. Sorry I haven't been on the ball, seeing as Asher's been beating me to the questions. *Narrows eyes* xD

Just got done writing a double post, lol. We haven't really even started and I'm loving this thread. Everyone's doing so well with theirs posts!

The only thing that concerns me is Kingmaster wanting to sneak into the College, lol. You know they have magic traps, wards, and detection spells up to prevent that kind of thing, right? Not to mention telepathic Sentinels in Winterhold and the College, lol. :P

Vengurd

Heads up. I wont be on for roughly a week as I travel cross country to my new abode. Take care and stay safe all.

kingmaster1

I've got the whole thing figured out with Minella. She'll just say she's a representative of the thieves guild, they'd have no reason to doubt her really, a nightingale is one of the highest positions in the guild after all :P

EvilMegaCookie

I will be somehow jumping into that midst of RPing as soon as I get finished on my Writing post for Earth's Children >.< I am still here so you know.

Asher17

Quote from: kingmaster1 on April 11, 2013, 09:49:00 AM
I've got the whole thing figured out with Minella. She'll just say she's a representative of the thieves guild, they'd have no reason to doubt her really, a nightingale is one of the highest positions in the guild after all :P

Sounds good dude. Been playing my Nighingale guy recently. The sneaking. The bow. The armor. Ooooh yeah... >;3

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on April 11, 2013, 05:13:09 PM
I will be somehow jumping into that midst of RPing as soon as I get finished on my Writing post for Earth's Children >.< I am still here so you know.

No problem man, glad to have ya. On that note, sorry I've been behind guys. Work 'n stuff, y'know? :/

kingmaster1

I love the rush of watching from a distance as one of my dragonbone arrows kills a random guard in a city :P

Markarth is my favorite, so many high places to go and places to hide. Windhelm is my second favorite for meaningless assassinations XD

Riften is my chilling place, that and lakeview manor, nice place.

Asher17

Quote from: kingmaster1 on April 11, 2013, 11:05:52 PM
I love the rush of watching from a distance as one of my dragonbone arrows kills a random guard in a city :P

Markarth is my favorite, so many high places to go and places to hide. Windhelm is my second favorite for meaningless assassinations XD

Riften is my chilling place, that and lakeview manor, nice place.

Lots o' racists in Windhelm, so have at 'em I say!  XD

kingmaster1

That's my thinking :P

I just wish I could kill that rolf guy...but for some reason he's immortal!

Gladiator0161

Good to hear EvilMegaCookiee :)

@Kingmaster: I know right! I tried killing him with the first character I made and wiped the floor with him! Evil immortal racist bastard! *shakes fist* :P

kingmaster1

I think they made him immortal because they knew people would want to kill him immediately :P

Bethesda wants to troll us >.<

Gladiator0161