Hello Any E Admin that is interested

Started by cabalxxvi, September 08, 2014, 09:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabalxxvi

So, I had a question about the way the board is setup, and would like to know if there is a way to setup your own thread with sub threads for your role plays. I love the site, and just want to see it get much better, and would like to see something along the lines of GM's or creators of stories to be able to organize their own RP's within one thread. That way it clears up a lot of the up front clutter, and it's much easier for people to find threads for an RP that they are involved in.

What I mean is if my questions don't make sense is for me for example on my Last Airbender RP that I am running to be able to have my character thread, OOC thread, and others into it's own child board under my RP. If that makes sense, if it doesn't please let me know.

It's just a suggestion/question as to why it wasn't setup that way to begin with.

Thank you in advance for any response. I truly appreciate it.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Ariel

If your group game reaches 1000 IC posts, you can PM a moderator with all the links to your group game and they will make a board for you in the appropriate forum. You'll only be able to have one forum, though. :-)

You can read more about that here.

You cannot do this for any 1x1s. It's limited to only group games and you have to have 1000 posts before the mods will make you a sub board for the appropriate board. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

cabalxxvi

Thank you so much for that, that is half of the answer that I was looking for, but why won't they allow them for anyone hosting a game?

Nadir

I'm not sure I understand. You want a board with your name on it, with sub boards for each of your role plays?

Oniya

First off, limiting the number of people that can affect the structural organization of the forum is a matter of simple prudence.  For another, the distinction between 'Big Group Games' and 'Small Group Games' is intended to reward RPs that have demonstrated staying power.  One-on-one boards generally only require one thread, as the two participants can handle OOC matters through the PM system.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Black Howling

Quote from: cabalxxvi on September 08, 2014, 09:12:47 PM
Thank you so much for that, that is half of the answer that I was looking for, but why won't they allow them for anyone hosting a game?

In general, I think the reason that not every group game gets it's own board comes down to one thing. Most of the time it'd be a waste. You see, most group games will inevitably die out within the first month. It generally takes AT-LEAST that amount of time to get 1,000 posts. It's not really cost effective for E's staff to really put the time into making a bunch of sub-forums that aren't likely to see much use.

Just my opinion on the matter.

cabalxxvi

I am not trying to start anything on the site, I was just simply wondering why the group RP's that have multiple threads don't get the option to have their own sub forum for the entirety of their game. That is all. I have the answers I need, and appreciate the information.

Thank you all for the responses.

Beguile's Mistress

Also, if you do have and OOC, character and other threads associated with you one-on-one game you can post the links to those threads in the first post of the story.  It's pretty easy to click the (1) at the top of the first page and then click the OOC or comments thread link.  Your threads are not in the same place but still easy to find.

Vekseid

Quote from: cabalxxvi on September 08, 2014, 09:12:47 PM

The amount of resources the forum takes up is roughly

number of members * number of boards.

Posts and pms may take up more actual space on disk, but this gets written to more often.

So for this reason I try to keep the number from exploding like that.