M.O.R.A.N.A :: A Hitmen/Mafia Type of Game [Seeking a Don, amongst others!]

Started by Faustus, December 28, 2012, 12:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faustus

In this society, placing a hit on another individual isn't that unheard of. In fact, it's become so common place that some choose to not even expect to see their friend at work the next day – Who is to say that the Assassin won't come for them? A petty crime, or a tussle at work, can lead to a hit... And, worst of all, it's completely legal in this society.

To become an Assassin is no easy task. But, sometimes, society must wonder : Is it harder to try to become one, or harder to exist without being one? That is for you to decide.

Welcome to Morana, where you hope to choose your own fate, but the Assassins are always watching, waiting for your time.

Extended Plot
   In the modern age, society took a proverbial nose dive. Crime rates rose through the roof, and the police force was unable to keep up with the higher number of criminals per capita. The government responded swiftly, in a manner they thought would solve their problems with the least amount of casualties.

They were wrong.

What they created was an elite group of Hitmen – an organization simply named Trinity Seekers – to police for them and banned the use of the colour black (It would no longer be used, except as ink, window tinting, and occasionally crop up in child's toys : like cows. It would never be a predominant colour again). They gave them the information on the victim, or what they had, and sent them off on the kill. This worked for quite some time in the cities, and the crime rate fell for fear of having a hit placed. But the organization became too powerful for their own good, and the government was easy to sway and control when a gun was held to the highest members heads. The Hitmen now control the cities, with the ex-government serving as fake figure heads and symbols for the people. Those that -really- make decisions are within the organization.

Over time, things ebbed down into a nice base flow, and those with money learned they could -hire- members of the elite organization to take out those that they felt had wronged them. The Hitmen had no laws on these : Anyone was fair game at the right price. An act, punishable by death from a Hitman, could be as petty as brushing shoulders with the wrong man. All they needed was your picture, and you could be erased.

This lead to a highly frightened, and policed, society that consistently lived in fear. Would someone send a hit out for them? Would they have the money to send a hit if they needed it? Who knew?

Every once and again, in secret, this organization would take on new members. They would comb the streets, looking for those that best embodied the traits they sought, and would recruit the individuals to become new Hitmen. This coveted position meant one thing with all certainty : Immunity. No Hitman could place a hit on another. Only the head of the District could approve a kill on another Hitman. Of course, few were willing to do something that might screw up their position anyway. Who would want to ruin a good thing?

There was another way to gain immunity, but it was much harder, and was a clause set in by the Presidential Hitman himself : If any one victim could survive and flee from a Hitman for five days, they would walk free and be forever protected by the Hitmen.

To date, no one has accomplished this.

Maybe you will.

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Faustus

Here is the part where I, your great overseer, welcome you to my idea. The idea of the Trinity Seekers has always been one that I wanted to use in a group game, but I have never gotten up the full nerve to approach it. Recently I found it on my harddrive again and decided that I would love to bring it to the surface.

The first post contains all of the main plot points. This one will hold Rules and Regulations and this introduction. Third post will be available roles and a character sheet! The fourth post will be devoted to Frequently Asked Questions – As I am asked questions I will update that section with the question (it may be paraphrased) and my answer in regards to it. After all, there are no stupid questions, and someone else may be wondering the exact same thing you were at the time! Please feel free to ask questions and make suggestions in this thread or, alternately, you may PM them to me if you don’t want the question tied to your name!

Everything that you see is not set in stone : I enjoy modifying my ideas to suit the fancies of all of my players and thoroughly encourage brainstorming.

The rules and regulations for this game are simple and are as follows :
  • NO PLAYER CHARACTER MAY BE KILLED WITHOUT EXPLICIT COMPLIANCE AND PERMISSION FROM THE PLAYER. I also ask that you inform me (or a co-GM once I have one) that a death will be taking place. We will want to be actively overseeing the event to make sure everything goes according to both players wishes and desires.
  • NPC characters under your control may die all you want. What I mean by this is as such : If you design “BACKGROUND JOE CHARACTER #6” as the target for your Hitman, you go right ahead and kill that man all you fancy. Have fun with that. “Jane Fontaine”, however, played by Sammy Skittledoo, is not your free game. Don’t touch Skittledoo’s character unless they want you to. I will probably re-state this a thousand times over..
  • The entire game is not based on killing other characters. Just because this society has the Hitmen fire Hire and allows killing does NOT mean that everyone who signs up to play a Citizen must have their character killed, even if a hit is placed on them. That would bring this game into the crapper faster than just about anything, and I want this to last some time.
  • Be excellent to one another. No fighting or squabbling in our OOC section, please. If two players have an issue with one another, please bring it up with myself or my future co-GM (who’s name will be listed when I get a volunteer for the position, I promise). We will be happy to sort out the discrepancy and come to a fair conclusion for both sides.
  • Do not God Mod another player’s character! This sort of game style can easily lead to this problem, and I want us to actively avoid it. You control YOUR character and ONLY your character. Do not control the actions of any other character, except any NPC character you may write in. Those are also under your control and thus may be used however you fancy.
  • You are not expected to post every single day. Yes, look at that. I am not requiring you to make rapid-style posts. That is annoying for those of us that can get awfully busy sometimes. What I am asking, however, is that if you are taking part in a scene involving a LOT of characters you post pretty regularly. I reiterate, this does not mean every day it just means post within reasonable amounts of time. Reasonable is under your own definition, but I would ask all players try to post at least somewhere around once a week? Ten days maximum, otherwise we’re never going to get anywhere in our lives.
  • Please have a good grasp of the English Language and Grammar Structure before applying. I fancy individuals that use complete sentences, full thought, and detail their posts with enough for another character to react to. I am not tying certain post lengths to this game, but I beg you not to use one to three line posts. That would be VERY difficult for another player to react to. Use your best judgment, but give enough for the players to respond to.

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Faustus

Detailing the Citizens and Character Roles
The Average Citizen :
The run-of-the-mill, average citizen lives in a pretty consistent fear of having a hit sent out on them. As such, they will remain pretty quiet, try not to get involved in ANYTHING, and will go about their day to day business. Will not wear the colour black. Ever. How they view the Hitmen is up to the player.

Available Occupations : All of the "worker ant" possibilities are open to them. An average citizen will work anything that you would expect a Middle Class and Lower (Poor and Poverty Class) individual to work. Examples may include : Food Service, Merchandising, Low Office Work, etc. Be creative and use your imagination!
Number of Roles Available : Currently Unlimited. 3 Currently Played

The Well-Off Citizen :
These are the Super-Star types. Actors, famous musicians, writers, politicians, and so on. We're looking at them, and their families. They have money, and know that they can pay off and hire a Hitman for any occasion. They may get into the quick a little more. Tend to be a bit more arrogant, though some are very good at heart. May hire a hit for one another, or lower class. So, though they are not safe one could say they are safe-ER. May even be able to buy off a Hitman as their personal guard permanently with enough pay. Will never wear the colour black.

Available Occupations : All of the "High Class" professions you would expect. If they make the Triple Digits, then the occupation is open to them. As with common citizen, be creative and imaginative with these characters!
Number of Roles Available : Currently Unlimited.

The Rebel Citizen :
These are the citizens that are throughout the classes. They are Average Citizens, they are Well-Off, and some are even Hitmen themselves. They infiltrate where they need to go to get what they want done. They are completely against the Hitman ideal, and are striving to bring them and the whole society of Trinity Seekers down, one city at a time. May wear the colour black, but only if a member of the Hitmen. Otherwise, will not.

Available Occupations : All. Special options open only to them are things such as Tech Support, which is not what the name implies. They call themselves that, but they certainly aren't there to help you with your computer problems. They try to assist those that are in the "Five Day" period and are trying to run from Hitmen through use of advanced technology, just like what the Hitmen use. Tech Support may actually try to hack into what a Brain is trying to run and fritz their systems.
Number of Roles Available :
Leader of the Rebels – 1 Position Available Position Filled.
Tech Support – 3 Positions Available ¦¦ 1 Currently Played
Miscellaneous Rebels – Currently Unlimited

The Hitman Trainee :
As the name implies, the Trainee is not quite yet a Hitman, and is thus going through the schooling on how to be one. During this period, chances are the individual will not be leaving the base that much, in order to keep exposure to the outside world to a minimum. It is a very hard, dangerous, and tiring process, but much worth it in the end. Others may train to be a "Brain", who will never leave base during work hours. May wear black in the facility, but outside must not wear black as they are not yet Hitmen.

Available Occupations : Hitman Trainee and Brain Trainee. A "Brain" is an individual who will play eyes and ears for Hitmen. They will monitor their movements, see what the Hitmen sees, and will dig up the information a Hitman needs while on the field. Each Hitman has his personal Brain, and they are expected to form a close relationship to ensure survival for the Hitman. Please see the FAQ for a further understanding on things pertaining to Brains.
Hitmen Trainees – 2 Positions Available
Brain Trainees – 2 Positions Available

The Hitman and the Don :
A Hitman is a fully-fledged Assassin. He is a mercenary for higher, a murderer for profit. . .what have you. He may be sent out to kill a criminal, or he may be highered to kill a man that slighted another through insult. It doesn't matter, and few have distinction between the jobs. Some, however, may refuse the petty kills. These will never advance in ranks, but may keep their dignity. Brains are considered full-fledged Hitmen, though they do not pull the trigger themselves. The Don is the boss of the city, like a Mafia Don, and has the final say for everything. Will always wear black, unless in the privacy of their home or the facility, where other colours may be permitted. They must always be known for who they are, Brains included. Yes, this even means on the street when they are not on duty.

Available Occupations : Field Hitman (the basic Assassin, if you will), Brain, Permanent Trainer (does nothing but train the Hitman Trainees), and Don. Please speak to the moderators before applying as Don, but it IS a playable role.
Field Hitmen – 3 or 4 Positions Available ¦ 3 Currently Played
Brain – 3 or 4 Positions Available ¦ 2 Currently Played
Permanent Trainer – 1 Position for Hitmen Trainees, 1 Position for Brain Trainees
Don – 1 Position Available

Special Notations about Hitmen : They have various ranks, and these ranks are noted through the colour of the rose in their lapel on their suit (if a suit is worn – otherwise, it is still worn in whatever way the wearer chooses, however it must be visible at all times). The ranks are as follows -
Blue : Only worn by Brains.
Grey-Stained : Permanent Trainer.
Brown : Trainee, if worn at all.
Green : Low level. Rank 1.
Pink : Low level. Rank 1. Worn by those that refuse to kill outside of criminals.
Orange : Low-ish level. Rank 2.
Yellow : Middle level. Rank 3.
Red : High level. Rank 4. Deadly. Worn by the best.
Purple : Worn by the Don only.

SAMPLE CHARACER SHEET :

Username : (Your full Username. This is mostly a notation for myself.)
Player Preferences : (Does it matter to you if you’re playing with a man or a woman? This is not for your character’s preferences, it’s your own – If you are uncomfortable playing with a specific gender, we need to know ahead of time.)

Full Name : (As much as is applicable. If you create a character with a middle name, feel free to include it!)
Codename and Nicknames : (Codename is only applicable if playing a "Hitman" or "Brain" character. Nickname are Universal. Feel free to explain your reasoning behind your Codename and Nicknames.)
Age and Birthdate : (Obvious, I should think.)
Marital Status : (Single/Married/etc).
Occupation : (Please read the section regarding all the occupations available and choose from that. An example may read : "Well-Off Citizen, Film Celebrity", "Rebel Citizen, Tech Support, Bank Teller", "Hitman, Rank 4", "Brain" and so on. For Hitmen and Brains, your section, once you have been partnered, will look more like : "Hitman, Rank 4, Partnered will Jane Shmane" or "Brain, Partnered with Allons-y".)
Alliance : (Are you a Rebel against the Trinity Seekers? A Loyalist? Or are you an average denizen that doesn't care?)

Height : (Your character's height.)
Weight : (Your character's weight. Recall natural body distribution, what is healthy per body type, etc. A Hitman character who has less than 3% body fat is going to weigh more than an Average Denizen of their exact same statistics. In case of wanting to just throw all of that to the wind, you may opt for N/A.)
Body Type : (Skinny, Built, Buff, Chubby, etc. Please, feel free to detail as you desire.)
Hair : (Colour and Style)
Eyes : (Colour)
Distinguishing Features : (Any tattoos, piercings or scars, etc that may be unique to your character should be listed here.)
Optional Image : (You are not required to submit an image with your character, but we know everyone on Elliquiy enjoys seeing your creation so feel free TO submit one. I ask that you submit your character image as a link for me to click on due to working mostly on my phone. IF you want to pre-attach this into your application, please have the image FLOAT LEFT AT THE BEGINING OF YOUR APPLICATION NOT DOWN HERE and be no more than 400px in width. It saves space and shows off your work, not your image.)

Likes : (Try to list at least five things your character likes. Feel free to bullet point.)
Dislikes : (Try to list at least five things your characters dislikes. Feel free to bullet point.)
Weaknesses : (Try for at least two weaknesses your character has.)
Strengths : (Try for at least two strengths your character has. They may be emotional, physical, anything.)
Fears : (Try for at least two fears your character suffers from.)
Goals : (Can you give at least one goal your character has for their life?)
Secrets : (Everyone has secrets. Can you list at least one your character has?)
This section is completely optional and is not required to be filled out, but some may enjoy completing it.

Personality : (Try to shoot for somewhere around two, hard, solid paragraphs for this section. I used the above section to help you brainstorm out for this section. You would be amazed how going over simple things helps you flesh a character! However, you are not required to write any more than three sentences in this section.)

History : (What is your character's history up to this point of their lives? Please, try to put as much into this as you can. I understand leaving some of it vague if you are playing a Hitman or a Brain who has not been partnered quite yet. That's fine. However, you can detail what your life was like before joining the Trinity Seekers. You can even talk about your time at the Academy. Be creative with your history and enjoy writing it! I would shoot for at least two - three paragraphs for this, but if you can say more in less, feel free too.)

Sexuality : (Please state your character's sexuality. It is open to change throughout the course of the same and does not need to remain static at any point.
Turn On's : (Put simply, you may name a few of your character's greatest YES PLEASE items. You may simply directly link us to your own Ons and Offs if you do not feel like typing this section out.)
Turn Off's : (These are your hard-limit NO'S with your character. You may directly link us to your Ons and Offs if your character's hard-limit no's happen to coincide with your own.)
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? (What I am asking here is simple : If the situation arises, are you alright with your character being involved in a NC activity, either being on the receiving or giving end? It is given that any player would PM you checking about it, but you may want to include "PM first" to ensure they understand to check in about that. You will not be denied for your answer, nor will you be forced to participate in this if you state no.)
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? (In some cases, a player may list their character as "Heterosexual - Straight", then allow them to have a Homosexual experience. While their CHARACTER may not explicitly want it to begin with, the PLAYER is okay with it. What we are asking is if you, the player, are comfortable with this or if what you put for your character is ALL you want. You will not be denied for your answer, nor will you be forced to participate if you state no.)

Anything Else? (If you think something should be noted that I did not have listed above, please feel free to add it here!)

[b]Username :[/b] [i](Your full Username. This is mostly a notation for myself.)[/i]
[b]Player Preferences :[/b] [i](Does it matter to you if you’re playing with a man or a woman? This is not for your character’s preferences, it’s your own – If you are uncomfortable playing with a specific gender, we need to know ahead of time.)[/i]

[b]Full Name :[/b] [i](As much as is applicable. If you create a character with a middle name, feel free to include it!)[/i]
[b]Codename and Nicknames :[/b] [i](Codename is only applicable if playing a "Hitman" or "Brain" character. Nickname are Universal. Feel free to explain your reasoning behind your Codename and Nicknames.)[/i]
[b]Age and Birthdate :[/b] [i](Obvious, I should think.)[/i]
[b]Gender :[/b] [i](Also obvious.)[/i]
[b]Marital Status :[/b] [i](Single/Married/etc).[/i]
[b]Occupation :[/b] [i](Please read the section regarding all the occupations available and choose from that. An example may read : "Well-Off Citizen, Film Celebrity", "Rebel Citizen, Tech Support, Bank Teller", "Hitman, Rank 4", "Brain" and so on. For Hitmen and Brains, your section, once you have been partnered, will look more like : "Hitman, Rank 4, Partnered will Jane Shmane" or "Brain, Partnered with Allons-y".)[/i]
[b]Alliance :[/b] [i](Are you a Rebel against the Trinity Seekers? A Loyalist? Or are you an average denizen that doesn't care?)[/i]

[b]Height :[/b] [i](Your character's height.)[/i]
[b]Weight :[/b] [i](Your character's weight. Recall natural body distribution, what is healthy per body type, etc. A Hitman character who has less than 3% body fat is going to weigh more than an Average Denizen of their exact same statistics. In case of wanting to just throw all of that to the wind, you may opt for N/A.)[/i]
[b]Body Type :[/b] [i](Skinny, Built, Buff, Chubby, etc. Please, feel free to detail as you desire.)[/i]
[b]Hair :[/b] [i](Colour and Style)[/i]
[b]Eyes :[/b] [i](Colour)[/i]
[b]Distinguishing Features :[/b] [i](Any tattoos, piercings or scars, etc that may be unique to your character should be listed here.)[/i]
[b]Optional Image :[/b] [i](You are not required to submit an image with your character, but we know everyone on Elliquiy enjoys seeing your creation so feel free TO submit one. I ask that you submit your character image as a link for me to click on due to working mostly on my phone. IF you want to pre-attach this into your application, please have the image FLOAT LEFT AT THE BEGINING OF YOUR APPLICATION NOT DOWN HERE and be no more than 400px in width. It saves space and shows off your work, not your image.)[/i]

[b]Likes :[/b] [i](Try to list at least five things your character likes. Feel free to bullet point.)[/i]
[b]Dislikes :[/b] [i](Try to list at least five things your characters dislikes. Feel free to bullet point.)[/i]
[b]Weaknesses :[/b] [i](Try for at least two weaknesses your character has.)[/i]
[b]Strengths :[/b] [i](Try for at least two strengths your character has. They may be emotional, physical, anything.)[/i]
[b]Fears :[/b] [i](Try for at least two fears your character suffers from.)[/i]
[b]Goals :[/b] [i](Can you give at least one goal your character has for their life?)[/i]
[b]Secrets :[/b] [i](Everyone has secrets. Can you list at least one your character has?)[/i]
[b]This section is completely optional and is not required to be filled out, but some may enjoy completing it.[/b]

[b]Personality :[/b] [i](Try to shoot for somewhere around two, hard, solid paragraphs for this section. I used the above section to help you brainstorm out for this section. You would be amazed how going over simple things helps you flesh a character! However, you are not required to write any more than three sentences in this section.)[/i]

[b]History :[/b] [i](What is your character's history up to this point of their lives? Please, try to put as much into this as you can. I understand leaving some of it vague if you are playing a Hitman or a Brain who has not been partnered quite yet. That's fine. However, you can detail what your life was like before joining the Trinity Seekers. You can even talk about your time at the Academy. Be creative with your history and enjoy writing it! I would shoot for at least two - three paragraphs for this, but if you can say more in less, feel free too.)[/i]

[b]Sexuality :[/b] [i](Please state your character's sexuality. It is open to change throughout the course of the same and does not need to remain static at any point.
[b]Turn On's :[/b] [i](Put simply, you may name a few of your character's greatest YES PLEASE items. You may simply directly link us to your own Ons and Offs if you do not feel like typing this section out.)[/i]
[b]Turn Off's :[/b] [i](These are your hard-limit NO'S with your character. You may directly link us to your Ons and Offs if your character's hard-limit no's happen to coincide with your own.)[/i]
[b]Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character?[/b] [i](What I am asking here is simple : If the situation arises, are you alright with your character being involved in a NC activity, either being on the receiving or giving end? It is given that any player would PM you checking about it, but you may want to include "PM first" to ensure they understand to check in about that. You will not be denied for your answer, nor will you be forced to participate in this if you state no.)[/i]
[b]Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality?[/b] [i](In some cases, a player may list their character as "Heterosexual - Straight", then allow them to have a Homosexual experience. While their CHARACTER may not explicitly want it to begin with, the PLAYER is okay with it. What we are asking is if you, the player, are comfortable with this or if what you put for your character is ALL you want. You will not be denied for your answer, nor will you be forced to participate if you state no.)[/i]

[b]Anything Else?[/b] [i](If you think something should be noted that I did not have listed above, please feel free to add it here!)[/i]

WHEN APPLYING FOR CHARACTER(S), PLEASE PLAY NO MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE. THANK YOU.
I also ask that you PM all characters to me. You may also post them here, but I would like the hard copy in my inbox for easier organization.

Faustus

Q . You keep saying HitMAN instead of HitWOMAN. Does that mean only men can be Hitmen?
Obviously not. Hitman is just a broad term, you understand. Be male. Be female. Be intersexed. Be gender neutral. Be whatever you fancy, just let us know what gender pronouns you want, kiddo.

Q . What is with this whole “not wearing black” thing?
The colour black was eradicated from the society, due to the fact that this colour became known as the Hitman colour. Had this not been done, those that were not Hitmen may mistakenly wear the colour and have ill-effects bounce off on them. The government didn't want that, so out went black. Put into a difference sense : Imagine walking into a neighborhood where the local gang wears red hats to identify one another. You walk in wearing a red hat and will thus be automatically associated with gang members. You will be treated differently for that, won’t you?

Q . What character roles can I play?
This is detailed above, but for simplicity you may choose from the following :
  • An Average Citizen.
  • A Well-Off Citizen.
  • A Rebel Citizen.
  • A Hitman Trainee (Includes actual Hitmen Trainees and Brain Trainees).
  • A Hitman (Includes Hitman and Brain).
  • The Don.
Remember, each one of these have various available occupations once you break them down, but these are the main “titles”. Please refer to the above section for further details and critical information.

Q . In your rose colour section, there is no black rose for the Hitmen. Why is that?
There is no black rose for the Hitmen to wear because the black rose is often a "calling card" to the intended victim. Because there is a "Five Day" period, in which the victim may attempt to flee for immunity, the Hitman is required to give a notice of intended kill. It must be a solid black object, and a black rose is common. Roses, after all, still maintain an instinctual conjured image of flowers placed into graves of loved ones, so a black one. . . Well, you get the picture. Yes, it is slightly melodramatic, but we never said that the Trinity Seekers weren’t a bit dramatic.

Q . What is the normal attire for a Hitman?
Truth is, there is no “normal” attire. They are not expected to wear any certain article of clothing, but must abide by the law of wearing black. Due to this, many may choose to wear black suits, simply because of the abundance of black in these situations. Otherwise, so long as they are wearing black, they’re fine. The same goes for Brains. There is no official work uniform.

Q . Can the average citizen fight back against a Hitman?
Sure they can! No one would really be comfortable with the idea of just waiting for their death to come, so I imagine they would try to fight. However, it isn’t an easy job seeing as how well the Hitmen are trained for their tasks. Hitmen are trained to fight, and they must fight well. An average citizen would probably not be on the same level as a Hitman, but there are always exceptions, if you get my drift. Citizens that fight back are another reason that the relationship between a Hitman and his Brain need to be so close : The Brain, after all, is always on the lookout for their Hitman. Yes, this puts a citizen at an extreme disadvantage, but this society isn’t exactly fair.

Q . I’ve been thinking about it and decided I would rather like to play the Don of the Trinity Seekers. Y’know.  The Bossman of the entire corporation. How do I go about doing that? Can I even play that character, or can only a GM do it?
This character is COMPLETELY available to be played by anyone who wants to do it. However, seeing as how the person who plays the Don will need to be informed of a LOT of details and will be given a lot of power, you will need to PM me about it first. I will be thrilled to discuss everything you need to know, however, and will work very closely with you and your character. But I encourage players to inquire about this position if it sounds like something they would be interested in.

Q . You talk about these “Brains” being the eyes and ears of a Hitman. Exactly what is going on in that case? Tl;dr : Explain what a Brain does.
A Brain is trained from the beginning to not be exceptional with fighting skills or guns. Yes, they receive a very basic course on this, but only enough that they may half-assed-ly protect themselves in the outside world. They are trained heavily in Computer Technologies, however. When on duty with their partnered Hitman, Brain’s sit within a Computer Control Room. Think of this as a room surrounded by many monitors. They will wear either a full VR Visor, Glasses, or something to aid them into becoming more heavily associated with the technology around them. The gloves they put on also allow the VR-keyboards (literally, we’re looking at keyboards out of thin air here) to accept their touch input. With this setup, a Brain pretty much has the roam of a computer. It does as they will it to. No file is secret to them. No camera is inaccessible. Think of a Brain as the Ultimate hacker. One screen they see, however, will constantly be monitoring their Hitman’s personal stats : Heart Rate, Health, Oxygen Intake, and so on. They will know anything and everything affecting their partner. This room becomes their world. Each Brain has their own room and no other may enter.

Q . It sounds pretty hard to be a Brain. Do I have to understand everything with computers to play one?
Hell no! I’m not even going to say every Brain has a room set up exactly the same way. Maybe you want to play an under-funded Brain who only has his trusty laptop. Go ahead! Just make sure you have the one screen monitoring your Hitman’s Stats and you’re fine. If the huge VR-thing makes you uncomfortable, toss it. I’m not requiring it.

Q . You state that Brain’s and Hitmen are partnered and must develop a close bond. Does that mean they are going to have to have sex with one another?
No, that isn’t required by any sense. While many choose to become involved with their partner, you are not obligated to do so. Your Hitman might not be attracted to your Brain in a sexual manner. That’s fine. All they need to do is to be able to trust one another (unless, of course, you intentionally play them as a warring partnership).

Q . Do I pick which Brain I want to partner with? Or do you, as a Mod, do that?
I haven’t  come to a conclusion on how I will be conducting that at this moment in time. I especially won’t get involved until I actually have those positions beginning to fill. I am open to suggestions on how to make the decisions, however. If I leave it as player’s choice, there are chances that someone may be left out and I don’t like that thought. However, not leaving it open to players makes it difficult as well. . .

Q . How many characters am I allowed to apply for?
As many as you can comfortably handle. Please avoid having, like, four characters to your name and then only managing to post with one every week. Please also avoid having BOTH of your applied-for characters be Hitmen. There are not a whole lot of spaces for that type of character, so I want others to have a chance. My suggestion is : If you want to take up a second role, create a citizen character. We will be needing a LOT of those in the future, so any we can have now would be lovely.

Faustus

Current Cast

Samantha Chastity Young : Played by xSnorkle Rainbow || Citizen, Street Rat. Formerly Hitman, Rank 3.
Bernard Errol Price : Played by Faustus || Brain, Currently Unpartnered.
Elenore Ann Hastings : Played by CurvyKitten || Brain, Currently Unpartnered.
Mayumi Takahashi : Played by CurvyKitten || Hitman, Rank 4. Currently Unpartnered.
Tira Lovelace : Played by Vladimir Valentine || Hitman, Rank 4. Currently Unpartnered.
Nicholai "Nikki" Phoenix : Played by Chreestafer || Citizen, Between Jobs.

Current Gender Ratio : 4 Females, 2 Males.

xPeachyPuff

Wow. So much information! I am really interested in taking part here. I'll think up some sort of character when I read through the more detailed parts of your info. (Scanned through it as I'm going out in a couple of minutes, but I will defiantly read through and submit a character. I just really wanted to express my interest.)

-xSRx

CurvyKitten

Color me interested, I already have three character ideas building in my head. :P

Faustus

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 28, 2012, 02:37:53 PM
Wow. So much information! I am really interested in taking part here. I'll think up some sort of character when I read through the more detailed parts of your info. (Scanned through it as I'm going out in a couple of minutes, but I will defiantly read through and submit a character. I just really wanted to express my interest.)

-xSRx
Thank you for the interest! I know I gave a crap-ton of reading material, but I don't know how to do things any other way. My professors hate me. Just let me know if you have questions that I need to answer once you get to settle down and read, and I will be happy to cover them!

Quote from: CurvyKitten on December 28, 2012, 02:44:57 PM
Color me interested, I already have three character ideas building in my head. :P
Hi, Curvy!! Great to see you here! And three? Goodness, girl, you'll be beating my count! I can't wait to see what you cook up!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Faustus on December 28, 2012, 03:09:12 PM
Thank you for the interest! I know I gave a crap-ton of reading material, but I don't know how to do things any other way. My professors hate me. Just let me know if you have questions that I need to answer once you get to settle down and read, and I will be happy to cover them!

Question time. I have a quick question about my character. Basically, I'm thinking of creating a female character who was a Hitman but somehow (not sure how yet, maybe while on a job or something) she loses her memory (amnesia) and having no recollection of her previous life, she brings herself up on the street. (Or something alone those lines.) She'd still have her ability to fight, but she wouldn't know why she can do what she does. Maybe people are even sent looking for her by the don because of her sudden disappearance. Would that be acceptable?

Also, I've found an image for my character, but I wanted to know whether you wanted real life images (real people) or anime-esque images.

-xSRx

Faustus

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 28, 2012, 03:27:00 PM
Question time. I have a quick question about my character. Basically, I'm thinking of creating a female character who was a Hitman but somehow (not sure how yet, maybe while on a job or something) she loses her memory (amnesia) and having no recollection of her previous life, she brings herself up on the street. (Or something alone those lines.) She'd still have her ability to fight, but she wouldn't know why she can do what she does. Maybe people are even sent looking for her by the don because of her sudden disappearance. Would that be acceptable?

Also, I've found an image for my character, but I wanted to know whether you wanted real life images (real people) or anime-esque images.

-xSRx

Now, that is quite an idea! So long as you can give me a reason why she fell out from the group and had to live on the street (which it already seems like you have the gears turning on that one!), then I am totally cool with it. No doubt her assigned Brain would also be missing their partner, which provides a fun setup for someone in the future. I like it! Can't wait to read more!

As for image, I don't care if it is RL or Anime, personally. I have been known to use a mix myself, in the past. It's whatever suits your individual needs. :)

mj2002

This game looks interesting and well prepared. I'll try to come up with a character sheet soon, if I can gather enough inspiration. The brain character concept seems something I'd find most interesting. I hope there will be some hitmen that will sign up for this.

Darrow Huck

How about a character who intentionally wears black one day in order to get a hit put out on him so that he can go against the hitman for sport?

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Faustus on December 28, 2012, 03:43:53 PM
Now, that is quite an idea! So long as you can give me a reason why she fell out from the group and had to live on the street (which it already seems like you have the gears turning on that one!), then I am totally cool with it. No doubt her assigned Brain would also be missing their partner, which provides a fun setup for someone in the future. I like it! Can't wait to read more!

As for image, I don't care if it is RL or Anime, personally. I have been known to use a mix myself, in the past. It's whatever suits your individual needs. :)

Thank you for answering so quickly. I'm glad you like the initial idea. Basically, what I'm thinking, is that she's a long-time assassin, someone who's been in the business for years so that she'd be pretty well known to other assassins, maybe middle ranking. She'd get sent out on a hit job and the person who's to be killed is seriously injured when they deliver some kind of deadly blow to her head which knocks her unconscious for a period of time. The hit gets away, but being seriously injured they are likely to be dead. She wakes and can't remember a thing and is completely unaware of her status. Because of her amnesia, she doesn't remember a family or home and kind of goes along being a street rat. She would probably be scared of the world, after all, she doesn't remember a thing, then she'd discover her abilities and be ever more freaked out by everything, which causes her to be somewhat of a recluse while trying to survive. What do you think? Would that be alright?

-xSRx

Faustus

Quote from: mj2002 on December 28, 2012, 03:48:53 PM
This game looks interesting and well prepared. I'll try to come up with a character sheet soon, if I can gather enough inspiration.

Thank you, both for the compliment and interest! Don't worry about rushing yourself along, and I look forward to seeing your sheet!

Quote from: Darrow Huck on December 28, 2012, 03:51:44 PM
How about a character who intentionally wears black one day in order to get a hit put out on him so that he can go against the hitman for sport?

Quite the suicidal individual you have there! If you can give me good motives and reasons, then okay! I would be eager to read this CS...!

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 28, 2012, 04:00:55 PM
[...]The hit gets away, but being seriously injured they are likely to be dead. She wakes and can't remember a thing and is completely unaware of her status. Because of her amnesia, she doesn't remember a family or home and kind of goes along being a street rat. She would probably be scared of the world, after all, she doesn't remember a thing, then she'd discover her abilities and be ever more freaked out by everything, which causes her to be somewhat of a recluse while trying to survive. What do you think? Would that be alright?

-xSRx

Perfectly good, in my opinion, especially with covering about the Target still bleeding out and thus not surviving their grace period. I like it!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Faustus on December 28, 2012, 04:17:39 PM
Perfectly good, in my opinion, especially with covering about the Target still bleeding out and thus not surviving their grace period. I like it!

Awesome then. I'll get to work. Sorry, so many questions. I just want to make sure everything is fine. One last thing. Do you want us to just post our characters in this thread for approval or would you rather we PM them to you first?

-xSRx

Chreestafer

Quote from: Darrow Huck on December 28, 2012, 03:51:44 PM

I like this haha, whileI was reading the intro this popped into my head as well

but i am slating my interest, thinking up character at the moment, thinking of being an average citizen, but i dont know

are the hitmen the only military style force?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Faustus

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 28, 2012, 04:20:57 PM
Awesome then. I'll get to work. Sorry, so many questions. I just want to make sure everything is fine. One last thing. Do you want us to just post our characters in this thread for approval or would you rather we PM them to you first?

-xSRx

No such thing as too many questions! The more you know and all that. I would like them all to be PMed to me for organizational purposes, but if you want to also post them here until I get a character thread up, I am also fine with that!

Quote from: Chreestafer on December 28, 2012, 04:24:57 PM
I like this haha, whileI was reading the intro this popped into my head as well

but i am slating my interest, thinking up character at the moment, thinking of being an average citizen, but i dont know

are the hitmen the only military style force?

I actually just got asked this and I need to update the FAQ with my answer. I had been debating whether basic military and police would still be present and I ultimately decided I would allow those to be used. However, due to the Trinity Seekers having taken over so strongly as to control things so much, these forces will be heavily affected by them. Police and military also wouldn't be immune, and I cannot say that training would be totally on the same par level either.

If applying to use a character from this line of work, just make sure to mention how the Hitmen and their society have affected your life and career, y'know?

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Faustus on December 28, 2012, 05:33:41 PM
No such thing as too many questions! The more you know and all that. I would like them all to be PMed to me for organizational purposes, but if you want to also post them here until I get a character thread up, I am also fine with that!

Awesome. Thanks for answering all my questions, haha. I'll PM you my profile now :3

-xSRx

xPeachyPuff

Username : xSnorkleRainbow
Player Preferences : Open to playing with everyone! (:

Full Name : Samantha Chastity Young.
Codename and Nicknames : While she was an assassin, her codename was ‘The Butterfly’ mostly because of her strange tattoos of a tribal like butterfly on her wrists and the tops of her feet. All four tattoos are exactly the same tribal butterfly in plain black ink.
Age and Birthdate : 24 years old. Born February 14th.
Marital Status : Single as far as she is aware.
Occupation : Previously a Hitman, Rank 3. Currently a Poor Citizen, Street Rat.
Alliance : She hates the idea of the Hitmen, but wouldn’t ally herself with the Rebels.

Height : 5’3”.
Weight : 9 Stone – 126lbs.
Body Type : Slim and Athletic. Although she is losing body weight because of lack of food and such.
Hair : Ginger (Red, though it’s more of a bright orange colour.) She usually leaves her hair down, though some times has it platted over one shoulder or pulled into a pony tail because of it getting in her way. It’s very simply done and seems to fall into place without much work.
Eyes : A distinct emerald colour.
Distinguishing Features : Four tattoos of a tribal butterfly on her inner wrists and tops of her feet. Her ears are pierced with one in each earlobe. She also has a couple of scars, but none that are worth mentioning or are particularly special/visible. Another thing to note is her distinguishing freckles that litter her cheeks and her nose.
Optional Image: Samantha Chastity Young. RL Image.

•   Strawberries – How they look. How they taste. Whether they are in season or not, they are one of the few things Samantha can enjoy not matter what’s going on or what time it is.
•   Animals – Being on the streets, she runs into a lot of different animals. Mostly stray dogs, cats, rats and mice, but they are pleasant enough company.
•   Hot Weather – It’s just much nicer to be out in and people always seem more happy and generous when the sun is out.
•   Water – Samantha could drink it by the gallon. It’s pretty much the only thing she drinks when she has a choice.
•   Receiving Gifts – Samantha doesn’t get given things often with how she’s living, whether it’s compliments or actual presents, she loves receiving them; they make her feel good!

Dislikes :
•   Drunks – She sees a lot of people around that drink their sorrows away, though the alcohol only seems to increase their pain. She doesn’t like to intoxicate her body with that of alcohol and would rather keep her mind clear.
•   Technology – Samantha just doesn’t seem to get on well with everyday tech and confuses herself very easily between objects and their purposes.
•   Greedy/Ignorant People – People who have tons of food who scoff it all to themselves. She sees her fair share of greedy people in the streets.
•   Spicy Food – It just doesn’t sit right with her and doesn’t agree with her stomach or taste buds.
•   Black – For some reason that she can’t put her finger on, Samantha absolutely hates the colour black. Every time she sees the colour she finds feeling as if she should remember something, though she never can no matter how much she tries.

Weaknesses :
•   Height – Samantha isn’t one of the tallest people around and it can be a serious disadvantage to her.
•   Fearful – Due to the loss of her memories, Samantha has become extremely fearful of everything; her own abilities, people, things she doesn’t know, even her own shadow frighten her at times. (This doesn’t mean she’s unwilling to do what she must.)

Strengths :
•   Acrobatics/Flexibility – Samantha is an extremely skilled acrobat. She can contort her body into ways she’d thought weren’t possible and her gymnastic ability is to a very high standard.
•   Observant – Living on the streets is hard work but if anything, it has taught her that watching and listening is key. She is very observant and notices a lot of things that most don’t usually look for.

Fears :
•   Herself – Due to losing her memories, Samantha is very scared of herself. She doesn’t understand how she can take a guy three times the size of her without breaking a sweat and what’s even more frightening is not knowing who she really is.
•   Blood – Strange, considering she used to be a highly skilled assassin. (Obviously, she doesn’t know this.) Samantha has, since losing her memories, developed a fear of bloodshed. Whether it be her own or someone else’s, the sight and small of blood makes her feel sick and faint. It isn’t something she couldn’t overcome or push through, however.

Goals :
•   The thing Samantha has set her sights on in life is recovering her lost memories and finding her true self. Just because she has set this as a goal for herself doesn’t mean she isn’t scared of finding out and every day is a serious struggle.

Secrets :
•   (Samantha is currently oblivious to this because of her state.) The job that she was sent to complete before she lost all of her memory was a hit on her half-sister; the sister she’d grown up with and learned to love even though her father had left Samantha to her half-sisters mother. Her secret is that she murdered her sister.

Personality : Previously, or deep down you could say, Samantha is a bubbly, outgoing, friendly girl who is extremely willing to help anyone.  It’s kind of what dragged her into the business in all honesty. She was the kind of person who had a lot of friends surrounding her; people would stop to talk to her, even if they were strangers and she was completely open to that. She was also very work-related and liked to take everything to do with jobs seriously; assassinations are not fun and games.
Now, however, she is quiet and withdrawn, almost timid. Samantha won’t spark up a conversation unless she is spoken to and she will try to keep speaking to a limit. However, she is still much liked and seems to make friends rather easily. She doesn’t really understand why, but people seem to want to talk to her and hang around her. Another thing to note that she has retained through her amnesia is that she is very generous and is willing to help other people out if they are in her good books or she feels sorry for them. Samantha doesn’t expect anything back from anyone so as not to disappoint herself but she is always grateful is anyone gives her anything.

History : Samantha was brought up with a woman who wasn’t her mother and a half-sister who was around the same age as her. Her real mother was a complete mystery to her and her father never told her anything about the woman; that was when he was around for her to ask about her mother. The man was very vague in her memory and he only came back every few months because of something or another; excuses. He was probably out shagging anything that would have him; she couldn’t count the amount of children he’d had on two hands. Samantha developed a complex relationship with him from a young age; though she loved him because he was her father, she hated him because of the torment he placed her and her family through. Her and her half-sister grew up very close friends and shared everything with each other; they could have been full siblings if it wasn’t for their father. Her childhood and early teen years were very colourful and there were the various ups and downs that didn’t seem important when she found out that she had been ‘recommended’ to the Trinity Seekers anonymously; she could only guess it was her father who had put her name forward for the training, though she could never be sure.
Her time in the academy training to be a Hitman was gruelling and strenuous  but she managed to pass within a few years and after her twenty-first birthday she was moved up a couple of ranks. Samantha simply carried on her jobs, thinking that she was actually helping people in an important way though somewhere inside her it made her feel sick; who was she to say whether these people deserved to die? Then, shortly before her twenty-fourth birthday, she was given a job that secretly horrified her. The hit was ordered for her half-sister; by whom, she didn’t know. It wasn’t her place to know who’d asked, only who’d die. No one else knew; how could they? The girls had completely different last names thanks to their father. Though it pained her, she forced herself to think that Kristen, her half-sister, must have done something horrible to be ordered as a hit. Samantha took the job in silence and went out to complete it without a word to anyone. The assassin went into the job with hesitation and reluctance which caused her downfall. Though she’d seriously injured Kristen to the point that she was bleeding out right there, she managed to get the jump on Samantha and smashed their brass coat stand over her head without giving her a chance to dodge well enough. And that was it; everything turned to that dreaded colour, black.
Upon waking up, she realised she was lead on cold, hard concrete with no recollection of how she’d gotten their or what had happened in her life previous to this moment. For around a year, Samantha has lived on the streets of a city she didn’t even know the name of, stealing from food carts and stores to keep her alive.

Sexuality : Straight/Heterosexual.
Turn On's :
•   Muscular men with tattoos and scars.
•   Passionate partners who can also be sensitive and tender in their own special ways.
•   Older partners.
•   People who curse/swear a lot.
•   Misunderstood characters. {I.E someone with good intentions who don't know how to show it. Someone who finds it hard to be honest and speak their minds....If you know what I mean...}
•   Biting/Scratching. Leaving some sort of mark.
Turn Off's :
•   Pregnancy.
•   Scat/Vomit/Toilet Play.
•   Needles in sexual circumstance.
•   Anal.
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? I don’t mind really. Someone would need to PM me first to discuss the story line and what they want to happen to run it by me first. It would really depend on what they have to say to be honest, but I am open to discussing it.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Of course. I’m completely alright with this. Again, would be nice to receive a PM first to discuss the story and such, but I would be open to it if I liked the character enough, yes. (:

Anything Else? Not that I can think of at this point.

Faustus

Faustus

Just asked about Brains and technology, and settled on a good analogy.

Think Tony Stark in Iron Man. That kind if technology, where you can touch everything. Thit us what a Brain works with.  :-)

Faustus

Username : Faustus
Player Preferences : Genders are irrelevant in regards to whom I play with.

Full Name : Bernard Errol Price
Codename and Nicknames : Codename : Prince Hamlet. It was derived from both his odd fancies for Shakespeare, going so far as to occasionally quip a quote or two with his Hitman, but also from his life. According to the Don, he personified the name well. What this means is unknown. Nicknames : None at present.
Age and Birthdate : 29, November 5 (Scorpio)
Marital Status : Single
Alliance : Neither Rebel nor Loyalist. Plays a Chaotic part between the two, really.

Height : 5’11”
Weight : 173 lbs, due to medium frame.
Body Type : Rather like a waif. Thin, cordlike muscle structure. Possibly could pack a serious punch, but could also probably severely damage his hand if he tried.
Hair : Ginger-y. You wouldn’t classify him as a full redhead, nor is he strictly brunette. He falls somewhere between the two, with even the occasional hint of blonde drifting through. It tends to have a thick consistency, and exist somewhere between wavy to curly, depending on how much care he has put into it that day.
Eyes : Blue, though mood, atmosphere and lighting may alternate them with green hues.
Distinguishing Features : Bernard doesn’t really seem to have any. Because he is a Brain, he doesn’t get involved in field work so all scars were from childhood accidents and are so nondescript they are inconsequential.
Optional Image : Located here!

• Books and Literature : Typically, even at work Bernard may be engrossed deep in some new novel. Due to this, he has been known to be frequently distracted during meetings, preferring to find out what is occurring in his fictional world instead of reality.
  • Sweets : He can be easily conned into doing something with the promise of the latest imported chocolate, and he will nigh-on be your slave if you offer him something with caramel in it. He may be a bit childish do to this.
  • Technology : There was a reason he was chosen to be a Brain, other than his inability to pull the trigger on a gun. He enjoys his work. He loves being able to practically reach into computers and pull out the information he needs. He loves seeing the images move and the statistics flash across his monitors.
  • Solitude : Bernard isn’t a very outgoing person. He isn’t very likely to accept an invitation to a party, unless he is required to attend for whatever reason. Instead, he would rather hide back at home.
  • Bears : “Bernard” actually means “Brave Bear” amongst other titles. Bears are his favourite animal and he regularly donates to Wildlife Funds that go to help endangered bears. He may be known to drink from a coffee cup with a bear emblazed on the side, or even collect little things associated with the animal. It is one of his odder traits. .
Dislikes :
  • Crowds : He panicks when surrounded by too many people and immediately begins searching out exists.
  • His Father : Bernard won’t bring up the subject of his family, preferring to remain silent on the subject, but his Father is the worst of the subjects to attempt discussions over.
  • Celebrities : In another twist of odd traits, Bernard has a major dislike towards the celebrities of the citizen population. He claims many of them are “trivial and trite” and throw their money around too freely. He takes a special pleasure in exposing them when a hit is placed, and often accesses News cameras to display the footage.
  • Fast Food : He really, really abhors the taste of the food and chides others in the Trinity Seekers for eating it. He also enjoys tattling on trainees who obtain fast food to eat, then watches their trainers fuss at them.
  • New Recruits : He doesn’t hate new people in the Trinity Seekers so much as he automatically dislikes most of them. He tends to not approve of who gets picked to train up.
Weaknesses :
  • Physicality : He isn’t as well-trained as a normal Hitman is in interpersonal combat, so if he isn’t faster than his opponent, he can be dropped rather quickly. It also doesn’t help that Bernard does not know how to shoot a gun. Somehow he opted out of that training session. He owns one, yes, but he barely even knows how to take the safety off.
  • Inability to Swim : He hasn’t really been exposed to many situations with water, and because of it Bernard never learned how to swim. If he was dropped into the ocean, chances are he would drown unless he grabbed a raft.
Strengths :
  • Cunning : Bernard is terribly intelligent and manipulative. Just because he doesn’t like to be with people doesn’t mean he hasn’t figured them out. He can get what he wants with a waggle of his tongue, or create an excellent, elaborate plan for his partner.
  • High Intelligence : Though it should be a given because he landed a role as a Brain, but Bernard is one of the smartest individuals around the Trinity Seekers. He has assisted in modifying the programs for the Brains on more than one occasion and has collaborated ideas alongside the Don twice in his career.
Fears :
  • Dying : It seems like the simplest fear, but in this society it is a very real fear. He recognizes that, because he is a Brain and a member of the Trinity Seekers he should be safe. . But is he really? It is a constant worry on his mind when he isn’t at work.
Goals :
  • Leaving : Devoted as he may be to the Trinity Seekers, he has heard enough radio waves from the Rebel Citizens to know there is talk of areas not policed by the group. If these areas are true. . It has led to his eventual goal to actually be escaping Morana and fleeing into these “safe zones”. He’ll never tell anyone for fear of having his immunity stripped.
Secrets :
  • Double-Crossing : Bernard is playing both fields in a fairly Chaotic-Neutral light. Sometimes he helps the Trinity Seekers. Sometimes he helps the Rebels. Where his real loyalty is aligned is uncertain. His work with the Rebels is certainly a large secret, however.

Personality :
You would not describe Bernard as a “people person” by any stretch of the imagination. He tends to be slightly cold and aloof, bitter and cynical. His words can be biting, and what he has been known to do to people’s lives is living proof that he is willing to carry out what he threatens. The problem is, despite how much he dislikes people, Bernard has been known to draw them. He is charming and pleasant when he wants to be, and can use those carefully crafted words to twist a situation into his favour. However, despite the accidental charm he has, Bernard also has a terrible tendency to not understand what words are appropriate to say in what circumstances. It has led to him making more than one enemy in the past.

He has a tendency to be secretive and manipulative, qualities that he picked up from his Father in his youth, and these have proven to be very useful as a Brain for the Trinity Seekers. Being very intelligent helps in that category as well. He can be slightly arrogant and cocky about his smarts, and often has to be reminded to keep that in check out of the risk of angering someone else. Again.

History :
Bernard Price was born into an upper-crust family. His Father is the head of a massive Pharmaceutical Company while his Mother teaches English and Technologies at one of the local Universities. The figures his family brings in are staggering, needless to say, and he was born at the height of the wealth. As a child he knew countless faces : Nannies, Maids, Butlers and the Media Press. His Father used him as a poster child, and Bernard was expected to excel.

Not that there was any problem with that.

He learned from a young age how to smile just so, which tilt of his head produced the most desirable results on camera, and how to elude the paparazzi if needbe. He learned that his family felt little fear of the Trinity Seekers at a young age too. A Hit had been hired on his Mother by an angry student for a failed grade. His Father had already bought out the services of three Hitmen. The hired one never even got close. He didn’t understand the complexities of this situation as a child, though now he does. He knows his Mother isn’t safe because they bought out the help and didn’t play fairly. He knows one day someone will finish what the one did not.

Hell, he’s willing to bet it will be one of the hired help. He doesn’t bat an eye at the idea.

At sixteen he was picked as a recruit for the Trinity Seekers. It threw a wrench into his Father’s original inheritance plan, but then his Uncle stepped into the picture. . Bernard doesn’t trust his Uncle, but he would rather that man be in charge of the company than himself. He accepted the proposal to undergo training and was thrown into the program. Bernard wasn’t even a month past his seventeenth birthday when they graduated him from the Brain training program and sent him off to be paired with a Hitman.

(This section will contain added information about his history with his partnered Hitman when this is brought up. We’ll also decide if he has had the same one from seventeen, or if he has “accidently” lost a few along the way.)

Sexuality : Bisexual, with a leaning towards Homosexuality. This is not to say, however, women do not attract him and his attentions. .
Turn On's :
  • Talking. He likes people that talk during sex, and he gets excited if he is asked to recite passages from text.
  • Possessive Partners. He likes knowing who’s bed he goes to at night, and he enjoys knowing they like claiming him.
  • Being in Control. Women Only. He fancies having women doing his bidding, and may even be slightly sexist in that right.
  • Being Controlled. Men Only. With his male partners, Bernard loves being completely out of his element and no longer in control.
  • For further details, see my On’s and Off’s.
Turn Off's :
  • Dominating, Controlling Women. Just about nothing, when it comes to being with a woman, is going to get him to lose interest faster than a woman who thinks she can control him.
  • Scat / Vomit / Vore / Watersports. Watersports comes with a special notation to him : He is neither keen on being relieved upon, nor relieving himself on others. However, forcing or being forced to go in a certain location? He’s alright with that.
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes, I am completely comfortable with and encourage non-consensual activity with the poor boy. PM me ahead of time, maybe, just so we can hash out the finer details. Otherwise, feel free!
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Considering I listed him as Bisexual, I think it doesn’t particularly matter with him!

CurvyKitten

Holidays have slowed me down. But I will be working and some sheets tonight and so on. I hope to get them up very soon. :) Sorry for the wait.

Faustus

Quote from: CurvyKitten on December 29, 2012, 11:07:30 PM
Holidays have slowed me down. But I will be working and some sheets tonight and so on. I hope to get them up very soon. :) Sorry for the wait.

You don't have to apologize, Curvy! I understand what the holidays do with everyone. I also know the CS isn't exactly the shortest one ever created (and I wonder if that isn't a reason for fewer players being interested right now. :) ), so that thing takes time. Still, excited to see what turns up!