Deep in the Shadowed Green. [MxM]

Started by Oniya, September 22, 2015, 12:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

I've been lacking a muse for quite a while, but things are starting to get better.  As such, I'm dipping my toes into the request threads again. 

Important Note:  If you have written with me before, and are still interested in writing with me, I'd love to hear from you.  If not this story, then another one, maybe?

Darkness had been his friend as he fled through the familiar fringes of the woods.  Lack of light had not hampered him as it had his pursuers, and the narrow game-trails had caused them to leave their horses behind, lest a valuable animal break a leg in chasing down a - less-valuable possession.  It had enabled him to gain a modest lead on the castle guards. but that lead was now closing as he entered the forest depths.

He crouched behind a tree, hearing the cracking of brush and branch, feeling the slow trickle of copper-scented blood on his skin.  Not all of it was his.  Luck - or Fate - had brought the seax to his grasp, and shortly after that into the flesh of his master.  In that moment, he knew his only chance of survival was the forest.  Safety, however, could only be found in the reaches where even the guards dared not go - sylvan depths that even his Gift had not penetrated.

My character in this story is a blind Foreteller.  His Gift has made him a valued slave at the local lord's castle, but he is still nothing more than property.  When set upon by a man of some importance, he did what no 'property' should do, and defended himself.  The death of his attacker left him with two possible Fates, and one of them was a very short thread indeed.

In his ability to see the threads of Fate, he has learned much of the surrounding area, simply by 'seeing' it through the eyes of those he has Foretold for, and he has used that knowledge to his advantage in his flight.  There are, however, many areas that he has not 'seen', as superstition or some other hazard has kept those regions untraveled - at least, by those who walk in the Light.  Who knows what might dwell in the Green Shadows?

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17